A Burning Rejection

By Realityunknown

{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept o... More

A Burning Rejection ~ Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ The First Shift?
Chapter 2 ~ Mate
Chapter 3 ~ Rejection
Chapter 4 ~ Acceptance
Chapter 5 ~ Regret
Chapter 6 ~ Fire Burning
Chapter 7 ~ The Moon Godess
Chapter 8 ~ True Power
Chapter 9 ~ You've got to be shitting me!
Chapter 10 ~ Speak of The Devils
Chapter 11 ~ Confrontations
Chapter 12 ~ Miss Match Maker/Trainer
Chapter 13 ~ Wanting Love
Chapter 14 ~ The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 15 ~ Taken
Chapter 16 ~ Those Three Little Words
Chapter 17 ~ Knowledge
Chapter 18 ~ Action Plan
Chapter 19 ~ Plan In Action
Chapter 20 ~ Home Sweet Home
Chapter 21 ~ Interruptions
Chapter 22 ~ First Date
Chapter 23 ~ The Mating Process
Chapter 24 ~ Powers Unleashed
Chapter 26 ~ The Battle
Epilouge
Authors Note

Chapter 25 ~ Surprises

55.5K 1.7K 99
By Realityunknown

Jay's P.O.V

The day when I threw up in front of Cameron was not one of my proudest moments. Who in their right mind what's to be sick in front of their boyfriend? It's not a very pretty site for them to witness and it's downright embarrassing. When I finally managed to completely empty my stomach I cleaned myself up, brushed my teeth and then ran out of the bathroom like my life depended on it, leaving Cameron behind me. I let my feet have a mind of their own letting them lead me to where they wanted to go. I ran straight into the kitchen banging the doors open with an almighty 'BANG' which startled Penny; she jumped two feet in the air with a squeak. She spun round with a scowl on her face but it softened once she saw mu panicked face.

"Jay dear what's wrong?" Her voice was soft as if she was talking to a child.

"I-I-I don't - know." My voice came out weak and shaky. I didn't like this feeling, I didn't like feeling weak it just wasn't in my nature anymore and when I do feel weak it scares me.

"Okay come with me."

Penny wrapped an arm around my shoulder leading me up the stairs and into her office where we could have some privacy, she seated the both of us on the window seat and handed me a glass of cool water.

"Here drink this it'll help calm you down a bit and then you are going to tell me what has you so freaked out."

I took a sip of water letting it soothe my burning throat, the coldness was welcomed into my body and gradually I started to feel better after taking several more sips.

"Are you okay now to tell me what's wrong?" Penny asked pulling me into her side and playing with my hair.

I nodded.

"For the past couple of weeks I've been feeling so ill." I took another sip of water. "I just figured that it was just my body taking it's time to accept my full powers but I'm not so sure now."

I felt Penny stiffen next to me and her hand that was playing with the ends of my hair stopped mid stroke.

"The sickness as started after you got your full powers?" Penny questioned.

"Yes."

Penny jumped up from beside in a flash that I didn't expect it and I ended up falling onto my side with the cushions softening my fall. I got back into a sitting position and watched Penny pace wearing away at the floor. Suddenly she stopped right in front of me and just stared at me before she grabbed my hand dragging me out of her office and down to the infirmary.

"Penny? Can you tell me what's going on?" I asked with worry laced into my voice.

"I may have an idea," she paused hesitating. "When you and Cameron mated did you use protection?"

"N-n-no!" I stuttered. I was stunned there's no way I could be pregnant it's not possible, okay maybe it is possible but I wasn't even in heat yet. I was only just starting to go into heat but I never reached the stage of when I could get pregnant. So how is this possible?!

"Hey Angie!" Penny shouted in greeting, she let go of my hand and embraced Angie our pack doctor. I didn't really notice what was going on I was still in shock and I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Hey Penny! Hey Jay! What brings you two down here?" Angie asked.

"This little one needs a check-up." Penny pushed me towards Angie.

"Well she does look kind of pale but is there anything is particular?"

"She's recently just mated." Penny hinted. I heard a gasp and a smack.

"Oh my, well come this way we'll get started right away."

I was lead to a room at the end of the hall and was instructed to lie down on the bed. Angie disappeared back out of the room telling us that she needed to go get a few things then before we could get started. I wasn't really paying much attention; I was staring down at my stomach. A baby could be in there. A baby that Cameron and I created together. I couldn't think a worse time for me to get pregnant.

"Penny?" I whispered. "What happens if-if I am preg-baby?" I couldn't even form a proper sentence.

"Everything will be okay Jay. I'm here for you, Leon, the triplets and don't forget you've got Cameron. We will all be here to support you." She tried to reassure me but it wasn't really working.

"Thank you Penny." I took her hand in mine and gave it a squeeze.

"You're welcome sweetie."

"I'm going to be a teen mum."

"Technically you aren't." I looked at her confused. "By the time the baby is even born you'll be twenty, so technically you won't be a teen mum."

I tried to laugh but it ended up sounding like a strangled cat, "I suppose you're right."

"I'm always right." She smirked; before I could hit her Angie appeared in the room with a bag in hand.

"Shall we get started?" She beamed at me flashing her teeth. I couldn't get the words out so I just nodded absolutely terrified but I also felt a bubble of excitement at the possibility of carrying something that was a mixture of both Cameron and I.

Half an hour later I was still sat on the bed in the infirmary with Penny in the chair beside me tapping her foot impatiently on the tiled flooring, all was quiet apart from the constant tapping echoing around the room. It had only taken Angie ten minutes to collect samples of both my blood and urine to be taken away to the lab to be tested.

I twiddled my thumbs in my lap as we waited for the results to get back. Angie warned us that it might take a while but I didn't want to risk bumping into Cameron and it was safer to keep Penny away from other people, otherwise she'd end up blurting it out to the whole pack before we even knew if the tests were positive.

"Knock, knock." Angie smiled peering round the door.

"HAVE YOU GOT THE RESULTS?!" Penny screamed charging towards Angie and knocking her over in the process.

"Penny control yourself!" I scolded.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"I swear you can act like a right kid sometimes."

"Whatever! Let's find out if you have a baby in your stomach or not!" She started jumping up and down squealing. Angie made her way over to me and sat at the edge of the bed.

"I don't know if you'll be happy Jay but all the tests came back negative." She said softly.

"Are you sure?" I whispered.

"I'm sure Jay."

"But I don't understand!" I exclaimed. "I have all the symptoms of being pregnant, what is wrong with me?!" I looked down at my stomach with sad eyes. I've never given it much thought being a mother, I always imagined that I would never have kids because my mate rejected me but then even though we're back together I never really gave it much thought either. However, now that I know that I don't have a baby growing inside of me I was devastated and it made me realise that I really want to have little me's and Cameron's running around.

"It is a bit odd that you are having the symptoms but I really don't know how that is possible. I've never come across a case like this before, all I can suggest is that you get some rest and just give it some time."

I tried to smile but it didn't reach my eyes, "thank you Angie."

"You're welcome Jay. I'm sorry that you didn't get the results you wanted." She said sincerely.

"It's okay; it's not your fault." I gave her a reassuring smiled.

"Right come on then honey, let's get you to bed." Penny pulled me into a hug. I quickly agreed and we slowly left the infirmary.

"Hey now there's no need to look so glum you and Cameron can always have kids later on but right now let's focus on getting you to your room. I'm sure Cameron is going mad!" She laughs. I couldn't help but giggle softly; it's funny when Cameron goes mad because he runs around everywhere like a headless chicken. It's definitely something you don't want to miss!

Penny and I chatted about random things as we made our way towards my room. I knew she was doing it to keep my mind off the baby incident and I was thankful for that, and believe it or not it was actually working.

We were about to ascend the stairs when the front door slammed open to reveal one of our pack warriors leaning against the door frame panting.

"Penny! Jay!" He panted. "They're here!"

I looked at Penny with concern, "who's here?"

"The rouges! The war has begun!" He shouted before darting off back into the forest.

Penny immediately went into Alpha mode ordering all the women that didn't want to fight to stay and look after the children in the basement. Once everyone was in hiding Penny and I shifted into our wolves and shot off into the forest following the sound of snarls and growls where the war had begun.

Today was really not my day.

AN

Hey guys! I will be uploading more frequently now as I really want to finish this story! There's hardly any chapters left to go now until it's complete!

I hope you enjoy it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 12.9K 21
Emeli and Derek have been best friends ever since they could remember. Derek being the future alpha of the Shadow Moon Pack and her twin brother bein...
5.2M 180K 39
Jade Emmerson was born to two wolf parents but has a dormant gene that practically makes her human. When she found out Cameron was her mate she insta...
132K 3.2K 20
Cordelia Gray and her twin Connor Gray were born during the war between werewolf packs. The war lasted longer than any of the packs would've guessed...
598K 17.1K 35
Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and decides to run away. As a rogue she comes u...