Dandelion Wishes & Butterfly...

By ForeverKerushii

THIS IS NOT PG-13. THIS IS PG. I clicked PG-13 on accident when I was rating it. ```` Holly and Alan were be... More

. First Day .
. No Way... .
. A Different Viewpoint .
. Holly-Bear .

. New Friends .

74 3 6
By ForeverKerushii

Greetings ducklings!!!!

I finally sat down and wrote the chapter for this!!! I hope ya'll like it!

So, this is dedicated to @BrattneyF !! For being such an amazing friend! Can't wait to actually see her face in person sometime soon!

~Brooklyn~

____________________

Holly~

So, it's Friday. Yay. I reached over, pressing the OFF button on my alarm clock before pushing myself up onto my elbows and blowing my bangs out of my eyes.

I was so excited for school yesterday.. what happened?

Oh, that's right.

My locker got covered with honey and feathers. People really seem to hate me there, but I still couldn't figure out what for. I mean, it's not like I did anything to them!

But, of course, some people are just that way and there's nothing you can do about it.

I got out of bed and began getting ready for the day, sliding on a jean skit and a long-sleeved, yellow and pink polkadot hoodie.

"Holly! Hurry up!" I heard Aunt Maxine call up the stairs.

"I'll be down in five!" And, with that, I rushed around my room and the bathroom, finishing everything I needed to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~At School~

I ran up the steps and through the school doors just on time. A few seconds later, and I would have been late on my second day of school! That would not have been good...

"Holls!" Tamara called as she came up beside me, "Come on or we're gonna get detention!"

Her tight black curls were pulled up into a ponytail, with the exception of a few framing her face. She didn't look nearly as dressed up as she did yesterday. Instead of a nice pencil skirt and graphic Tee, she wore a pair of jeans and a baggy sweater. I'd have to say that it fit her personality way better than the other clothes did...

I followed along behind her as she led me to out first class. English. Saying I'm not excited would be a major lie. English is my absolute favorite!

As we entered, I scanned the room, my eyes landing on Alan and his girlfriend.

I waved slightly to get his attention. His baby blue eyes found mine and sparkled as he sent me one of those half-smiles that almost any girl would fall for. I somewhat returned it, managing only an awkwardly shy grin.

He chuckled lightly, his attention turning back to Celine. Alan didn't seem like he was really interested in what she was talking about, but he nodded and smiled anyway.

I looked down as I sat in my seat, not really wanting to think about those two right now.

The day dragged on slowly, lunch time being the only highlight of it.

Alan invited me to sit with him and his friends... don't get me wrong, of course I wanted to! But they didn't seem too fond of me, and I was going to sit with Tamara and her friends, so... I had to say no.

His happy expression faltered for a quick moment, "Okay. Well, maybe next week then."

I nodded slightly, "Next week."

Ignoring the puppy dog face he was giving me, I made my way to the table where Tamara was sitting. These people next to her... I would become friends with them. I mean, I had to!

Right?

"Holls! I'd like you to meet my group!" Tamara began going around the table, introducing me to each of them. First up- Susan Cole.

"Hello..." She said with a brace-filled smile. She had shoulder-length, wavy blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Susan looked like the kind of girl who would rather be in a library than out with friends. Actually, that's exactly how she is, according to Tamara.

Next was Jason Woodrow, the not-too-bad-on-the-eyes guy in the group. He ran his fingers through his short, dark brown hair as he looked me over, not hesitating to make me feel uncomfortable. He wore a school jacket over a plain white t-shirt. I'm guessing he's a jock? Maybe?

And then there was Ozzie Magnus. The fun guy. He slid his arm around my shoulders as I sat beside him, giving me a playful, childish smile, small wrinkles showing around his green eyes.

Ozzie leaned in, his copper hair falling into his eyes, "So, you're this Holly girl that Tamara's been telling us about!"

I gave him a big smile, "Unless there's another Holly I don't know about, I do believe I am!"

He clasped his hands behind his head, "Well, there are quite a few, but none nearly as gorgeous as you!"

His eyes widened as he gave me this... extremely excited look, "Hey! That rhymed!!"

I patted his back, nodding slowly, "Yes, yes it did..."

"... Are you humoring me?"

"... Maybe."

Tamara let out a laugh as Ozzie put me into a headlock, ruffling my hair.

"I knew you guys would become fast friends!"

I playfully pounded on his arm, calling for help in between my laughing fits.

Throughout lunch, we all became fairly good friends. Not even half-way through, Ozzie claimed me as his Bestie, earning him a pretty stern look from Susan.

I found out that the two were in this not-dating-but-sorta-together relationship... It's confusing. But they seem happy with it (I think).

Jason was giving me the silent treatment... he seemed intent on making me feel as uncomfortable as I could.

"So... Jason... are you into sports?" I asked nervously, tugging lightly on my twin braids.

A small, almost flirtatious smile snuck onto his face, "Indeed I am."

"What do you play?"

Jason crossed his arms and rested them on the table, "Football."

Tamara rolled her eyes as she placed a hand on his shoulder, "Excuse him for being so... unsociable. He's not normally like this."

"Must just be awestruck by being in the presence of two such beautiful women!" Ozzie exclaimed as he slung his arms around Susan and my shoulders.

Tamara began to glare holes into him, sticking out her bottom lip, "What am I, chopped liver?"

"You, my dear, are a doll as well! But... these two are just amazing wonderfully beautiful."

I began prodding his arm with my pointer finger, "You really shouldn't be talking about another girl that way when your girlfriend is in the room." A smirk had come onto my lips.

He pouted, feigning hurt, "I can't call my bestie amazingly beautiful?"

"You left out wonderfully."

Susan glanced up at Ozzie, "He doesn't have to add that...." She mumbled quietly.

He looked down at her, his eyes softening.

Annnnnnnd that's when my phone decided to go off, blasting my wonderfully jazzy music. "Puttin' on the Ritz" sung by, none other than, Fred Astaire.

If you're blue and you don't know

Where to go to, why don't you go

Where fashion sits? Puttin' on the Ritz

Different types who wear a day

Coat pants with stripes and cutaway

Coat perfect fits, puttin' on the Ritz

I stood, pulling it out of my pocket, "I'll be right back." With that, I rushed out the door and answered it, "Hello?"

Aunt Maxine's voice rang through the phone, "Holly, sweetie... I need you to promise me something when you come home."

"What is it?" She sounded really worried...

"Promise me that you'll go straight to your room. Fred... he's not in the best mood right now."

I stared down at the floor, nodding slightly, "Yeah, of course... are... are you okay?"

"I'm fine... just have a good day today, okay? I love you."

"I love you too... bye..."

I slid down the wall as I hit the End Call button on my phone, pulling my knees up to my chin. Just by the sound of her voice, I knew that she would be hurt later...

This is the problem... we're both too scared to do anything... so we just... let it go on. I would tell Tamara, but she thinks our little "family" is perfect...

Deep down, though, I want to cry for help. I want someone realize the pain I'm in, to save me.

But I can't. Because I'm bound by my own fear. The fear that others will see me differently. That they'll think I'm just an attention seeker... that they won't want to be friends with me any more...

Someone... help me.

________________

So.... votes for the amaizng awesomeness that is Ozzie?

Who ya'll for?

Halan (Holly-Alan)

Hozzie (Holly-Ozzie)

Suzzie (Susan-Ozzie)

Hoson (Jason-Holly)

Dolly (Don-Holly)

... And please feel free to help me come up with better, less lame nicknames.

Oh, and enjoy the picture of Ozzie off to the side ^_^

"Puttin on the Ritz" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia1N9TZZuqU

~Brooklyn~

Continue Reading