Dragon's Heart ~ Hiccstrid

Par SilentBriar

Hiccup goes missing, Astrid is faced by daunting questions, and so much more happens at Berk an the Edge. Doe... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
~UPDATES~
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (mini)
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 9

144 5 1
Par SilentBriar

Ahem. The video is just for fun.. so yea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Umm.. I-It should be just around this corner.." Hiccup followed Sven around the corner of the dimly lit fortress walls, shadows dancing as the boy waved the torch around. "O-Oh no.. I messed up again.. I- I'm so sorry Hiccup, I- I'm awful, I really am." The boy looked downcast as Hiccup placed his hand on the young teen's shoulder, sighing inwardly, as this had been about the seventh time Sven had messed up the directions to the dragon cages. 

"It's alright. I'm sure we'll find it." Maybe next year.

The boy looked up at the young man, his bottom lip quivering. 

"O- Ok, wha- whatever you say, Hiccup." The juvenile turned around, going back the way he came with Hiccup close behind, torch flames dancing and leaping across the walls. The boy had grown to like Hiccup, and trusted him with most everything. Over the next hour of guard trickery and hiding, Hiccup had been incredibly understanding and kind, talking to him about his life, and being much better than anyone had ever been to him in his entire life. 

"Sven!" He turned around slowly to look at Hiccup, shadows cast menacingly across his face. "I remember this. They're here." And with that, Hiccup slipped around the corner towards the rows of labeled doors. 

Sven watched as Hiccup walked slowly down the hallway, looking at each and every door with a growing pain on his face.

"W- What is it Hiccup?"

"Nothing, it's just.." Hiccup looked up to him with a frown. "All these dragons, imprisoned and hurt, unable to do anything about it." Then his expression lightened as he turned around and swiftly walked over to one of the doors.  "And we're here to change that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gronckles, nightmares, zipplebacks, speed stingers, and timberjacks had all been set free, and with a few left, Hiccup was feeling better about the situation.

"Is it clear?" Hiccup watched as the hunchbacked little shadow ran over to him, coming into the little shaft of moonlight that revealed two big thumbs up.

"Yep."

"Alright, seal the door and open the roof up." The boy ran over to the big wooden doorway, shutting the door and bringing down the large piece of wood blocking it from opening. Next, he ran over to a little crank in the corner and began to wind it up. Hiccup looked up, his face to the moon, as the sky roof unfurled itself and melted away along with the darkness. Sven smiled at the rays of moonlight, and picked up the bucket of fish, running over to Hiccup. 

"Done!" Hiccup grinned at the boy's sudden enthusiasm, seeming to have lost his self consciousness, and clapped silently.

"Good! Now let's let these guys loose!" They both ran over to a few cages, the Nadders trilling and scraping at the bars. Throwing the doors to the mini prisons wide open, they stepped back from the dragons. They could be wild or tame, Hiccup wasn't sure.

At first, the dragons sniffed the frame, stepping out cautiously, and eyeing the two. They must be afraid to be hurt again. Hiccup grimaced at the thought, sad to see dragons so helpless and undefended. One of the dragons carefully trotted over to Hiccup, while the other looked up at the moon with wide eyes. It sniffed his hand. It tilted its head. 

"Hey buddy. How ya doing?" Hiccup tilted his head along with the dragon, the opposite direction. The dragon trilled softly, and tilted its head the other way to match Hiccup. Hiccup grinned, and the dragon seemed to do as well. "Go on, you're free!" The dragon looked up at the moon, then, calling out to the other one, they flew off, casting silhouettes as they looped and glided through the calming winds of the night. 

"Alright." Hiccup turned back to an awestruck Sven. "Let's do the rest." The boy nodded dutifully, and ran over to the next cage. ~~

~~ Ten minutes later, there was a whirlwind of dragons, as all of them took off at the same time, together. The boy whooped as dragons zipped into the air, looping and singing their Nadder song. Hiccup sighed, relieved and glad to have finished. When the last dragon took off, Hiccup turned around to leave, but, there it was. The dragon with the hurt wing. It looked up longingly at the other ecstatic and free dragons, whimpering softly, before putting its head down in defeat. 

Hiccup walked over to the sad dragon, under weight, and injured. He crouched beside it as its eyes closed, and its breathing shallowed. It was gone. Hiccup pressed his lips together as the weak dragon passed under his hand, unable to do anything about it. 

"Hiccup?" He turned to face the boy, who was no longer looking weak and scared, but full of a sense of duty and responsibility. 

"Let's free the other dragons." Not another dragon was going to die here, under this horrible man's power. Not when he was around. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the last of the terrible terrors flew off, the door behind them slammed open. Sven shrieked and ran behind Hiccup, who drew his dagger and had whipped around, facing the intruder and pulling his mask down in an instant. 

"Who are you?!" Bludvic bellowed, charging straight towards the two. Good. He didn't see Hiccup's face. 

"Stay away!" Hiccup swung the dagger, nearly missing the unguarded man and cutting off a slip of his coat. As the fabric twirled, for a moment, Hiccup caught a glimpse of the inferno. There was his chance.

"I come unguarded, and you immediately strike! How pathetic, do you not know any fighting techniques? Always wait before striking." The man began to circle the two, eyeing Sven before sharply barking at the boy, "And what are you doing here, you worthless piece of trash?" Hiccup looked back to see the young teen clench his fists and teeth, narrowing his eyes. 

"I. Am not. Worthless."

"He can't hurt you anymore, Sven." Hiccup placed his hand gently on the boy's shoulder, receiving grateful eyes in response. 

"The boy belongs to me! I can do whatever I wish to him!" The man snarled and lifted his hand to strike Sven, as the boy stepped back quickly, dread filling his eyes as he cringed, waiting for the sharp blow. But, before Bludvic could do anything, Hiccup ran in, slicing at his wrist, causing a shallow gash along the man's palm leading up to his fingers. As the man howled in pain, the slap hit Hiccup hard, a harsh smack that sent him to the ground, mask flying off of his face and clattering onto the floor beside him. 

Bludvic's eyes widened as Hiccup's face was revealed.

"YOU!" He dropped his hand and charged towards Hiccup, but was stopped by an unexpected savior. 

"You leave him alone!" Sven narrowed his eyes at Bludvic, as if challenging him.

"And what are ye' gonna do to me? Beat me up?" Bludvic leaned in, drawing closer to the unflinching teen's face. They both gritted their teeth and stared at each other, giving Hiccup just enough to time to grab his mask, slide through the man's legs and grab the inferno, then scoop up Sven, and dash for the staircase to the rest of the island at the end of the long room.

"Bye!!" Hiccup scrambled up the stairs, followed closely behind by the burly man, then dropping Sven onto the dark dragon waiting below, and flying away, across the moonlit horizon. 

"I WILL GET YOU HICCUP HADDOCK!" The two looked back to see Bludvic, shaking his fist in the air and looking very red faced as he clung onto the railing, hanging one foot off the edge of the little platform. 

Hiccup sighed in relief, as the little terror flew along beside them. But they weren't done yet. They still had a long way to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The four slid off of their dragons, chasing after the guards that ran in different directions.

"Get them, and as much information as you can!" Astrid yelled as the rest of the gang disappeared from view, running after the little groups of guards. She only had one gaurd that was running into the forest, but she knew she was a lot faster than him. 

As they whizzed around rocks and trees, she began to gain on him, following in rhythm to the beat of their synchronized running steps. Finally, when she was close enough, Astrid reached back for her axe and flung, a perfect shot that pinned him up against a tree. She jogged up to him, a triumphant look on her face as he fumbled around in his bag for something.

"Alright, tell me what I need to know." She smiled, but then her face dropped as the man pulled out a little white circle, and popped it into his mouth, eyeing her as he did so. After a few seconds, she watched, horrified, as he began to shake and a white foam began to bubble out of his mouth. He then hang limp, only supported by her axe. 

She gasped and pulled the axe out, pressing her fingers swiftly to his neck. No pulse. She gagged slightly, then ran over to the nearest bush to hurl. He had killed himself with a little white pill. He killed himself, he killed himself, Oh Thor, he killed himself. 

When she was finished, she wiped her mouth, and looked back to the limp and very pale faced body, with the foam from his mouth still dripping onto his dirty armor, that wouldn't have protected against anything. 

She cringed, sickened still, as she heard Hookfang land behind her. 

"Did your-"

"Yea. Ours too. Don't worry, Fishlegs freaked out as well."

"Well, at least we know where their loyalty is. We need a new plan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dragon landed onto the port of the bustling island, harsh midday sunlight illuminating the chattering vikings and shop vendors. A masked rider and a young boy slid off of the medium sized dragon, asking everyone questions. As they came to me, I stiffened up. These weren't normal people.

From underneath the mask, a surprisingly young voice came out. 

"Hey. Do you know where the dragon fights are?" The boy behind him looked nervous, eyeing everyone carefully and watching the masked man's back. 

"Umm.. Why do you wanna know?" The rider sighed, putting his head back and then leaning in again.

"Is it wrong to look for some..." He sighed before continuing. "Entertainment?" The boy behind him cringed as he said this, obviously not a good actor. Even though I knew they were here for more than just 'entertainment', I didn't care. I had customers waiting to be served, and for all I cared, dragon fights were boring. Except for the one last Wednesday, with a Night Fury. Now that was entertainment. I sighed, pointing to the winding path that lead up the pillar of stone.

"At the top of the pillar. Heard they got a Night Fury last week, but I'm not sure if it's fighting today." The young boy's eyes widened, gasping softly at the mention of a Night Fury. The masked man nodded briefly, giving his mumbled thanks before running up the winding path, young boy close behind him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toothless might be here. I bit my lip underneath the mask, mumbling my thanks before sprinting up the path, Sven right behind me. As we reached the top, panting, I could hear crowds, screaming and chanting.

As I began to make my way down into the seating area around the chained dome, vikings all around me where shouting and laughing as they settled down into their seats.

"Ey, scrawny!" I straightened self consciously, used to being called that all my life. "Ye, he knows it's him!" The scratchy voice laughed along with what sounded like a group of friends. I frowned under the riding mask, turning to him to see what he wanted. "Move it, yer in te way!" He motioned wildly with his hands, waving me away as a voice bellowed out cheerily from behind me. 

I rolled my eyes and pretended to bow as I walked away from the husky man, towards the chain to see better. Inside, the source of the voice was continuing with his speech.

"...And today, a monstrous nightmare against an armorwing!" The crowd booed, some people throwing their trash and fruit at the chains into the fighting pit.

"We want the Night Fury!" A woman from the crowd yelled, throwing her fist into the air as others joined into her protest. Soon the whole crowd was chanting alone with her, 

"We want the Night Fury, We want the Night Fury!" I looked back at Sven, who was standing by the path at the top of the indentation of stone. He shrugged as the man began to speak again, silencing the crowd.

"I am afraid that the Night Fury had to be relocated, as it wouldn't fight the other dragons!" The crowd booed again, even louder than before as my heart sank. He wasn't here. I ran up to Sven, skipping a few steps to get to him, grabbing him by the arm to go down the path and leave the screaming crowds behind.

"Wait, Hiccup-" Sven looked up at me with a sad look on his face. "We need to find out where they took him, and free these other dragons.. Right?" His lip pouted slightly. He had been ready for some adventure. I sighed, then pulled him to the side, pulling off the bottom of my mask and hissing into his ear,

"Alright, here's the plan.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The yelling guards poured out of the island fortress, spilling from all sides and directions. Snotlout and Ruffnut screeched as hands began to engulf them, pulling them off their dragons, as we had been preparing to fly back to the edge in the mask of the night, which was coming closer as the sun began to slowly set.

I felt hands tugging at my hair and skirt, pulling and trying to keep me from leaving. I yelled and elbowed someone in the nuts, grinning as I heard a grunt and felt a pair of hands slip away from my waist, only to be replaced by two more. I yelled as Ruff, Tuff, Snot, and Fish began to take off, with Stormfly following them. NO!! I'm not riding you Stormfly!! Check your saddle! But the other riders were so freaked out that they didn't see a riderless Stormfly, and began to fly off, laughing, thinking that they had won. 

I wanted to scream after them, tell them I wasn't with them, but I couldn't, the hands were tightening, covering my mouth and eyes, blacking out my vision, and, next thing I knew, I heard a gruff voice above me.

"Well, if it isn't the little Hofferson. What perfect bait for Hiccup Haddock." And then after that, deep laughter. I was forced to the ground, pinned there, as the riders flew off with Stormfly behind them, not even noticing that they were missing a member.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sunlight sent shadows across the rock formations as we crept down the path towards the door I had seen whilst running up. Of the few vikings that hadn't left, a fight was still going on between the two dragons, and I could hear the growling and clicking of claws against the strong rock.

"Alright, this is it." I put my ear against the door, but only heard the soft growling of hungry dragons. Using the inferno, I cut through, and made my way inside. There was hallway of unguarded doors, with a dragon in each one. 

The first one, I cut through quickly, and tiptoed in quietly. It was a Nadder that looked very similar to the one that had just died last night. It was asleep, and I felt a slight pang as I remembered the injured dragon, both me and Sven cringing as we heard it's stomach growling loudly.

Suddenly, Sven pushed me violently from behind, popping the cut wood back into place and shoving me behind the sleeping dragon.

"Sven, wha-" He clamped his hand over my mouth, widening his eyes and bringing his finger up to his lips, signaling for me to shut up. I nodded, then listened. I could hear the faint voices of guards, conversing as the shadow from underneath the door signaled their passing. I nodded gratefully to Sven, but a little bit too soon. 

The door opened, and the Nadder's eyes shot awake, it's head popping up and snarling. The guards chuckled was they ignored the growling dragon and walked over to a bucket in the corner, Sven and I moving around the unaware dragon to hide from them. 

"Did ye hear about the Night Fury?"

"Yea, wasn't it sent to the dragon viewin' cuz it wouldn't fight?"

"Yea, the next shipment's goin' out tomorrow, we got some weakuns that refuse to fight anymore. If they keep going out to fight, the'll die." Hiccup smiled inwardly, glad to hear that they had at least half a heart, but his hopes were crushed by the next sentence.

"Yep, dragons that don' fight don' make money, amiright?" The guards laughed, and threw half of a fish at the still snarling dragon as they walked out, slamming the door behind them, as the piece of wood that Sven had shoved hastily back into the small frame fell out. A small amount of light was let in as the dragon bounded after the tiny amount of fish, desperate for something to eat. 

Hiccup sighed and stood up while Sven rushed to push the circle of burnt wood back into place. The dragon was eagerly eating the skimpy amount of fish, only a small head of some unknown species. 

"Hey, buddy." The dragon looked up suddenly, spreading its wings as it jumped to its feet and snarled. I walked over with my hand out, whispering softly, "You and I, we're gonna be good friends."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A BIT OVER 3000 WORDS NOT COUNTING THIS =O

I promised you guys a longer chapter lol haha

All of my chapters (I checked) are about 1500-2000 words, so about 1000 more words than usual, yay! Anyway, love you guys, and keep reading, I have a HUGE plot twist planned! Oh, also, shoutout to @Toothless_Hiccup676 and @Silverwolf735 for FOLLOWING?!?!! WHAT!?!? Anyway, lol I'm so awkward, bai!

~Emmathepug

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

200K 4.5K 41
What if things went differently when Toothless came to save Hiccup during his final exam. What if Hiccup ran away with Toothless that day. Hiccup Ho...
7.5K 213 24
Haley is a young girl with an unusual gift. Some would call it a curse. Her? She calls it a convenient nuisance. Together with a dragon no one wants...
55.5K 1.3K 17
Y/n has always been Hiccup's best friend. She has also always calmed the dragons around her, yet no one knows why (yet). She is the "sister" of Astri...
44.5K 877 44
- in which hiccup & astrid are a couple & go through crazy adventures - *completed: april 21,2017