The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

Por khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... Más

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)
Chapter 24 (Balcony love)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 33 (Belong with you)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 39 (Cold)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)
Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)

2.6K 161 13
Por khal2mukay

"How time flies,i can't believe your anniversary is coming up in a a few days."
Munira and Zain were having lunch at their usual cafe which is not far from their office.

"You know Munni,it's been a tough year for me,with the miscarriage and all. But i thank Allah for even being alive to witness the year atleast".

Zain said with her face showing a little emotion by the mention of her miscarriage.

"And to top it all,i still haven't conceived again. I just pray that there's still a chance that I'll conceive again".

She added worry showing clearly on her face now.

Munira held her shoulders to comfort her.

"Zain,you need not to worry please,you will conceive again Allah's willing. Besides Allah tests his servants in different ways and he never burdens a soul with what it can't bear. Have more patience Zain,stop being pessimistic please. You will conceive again,this time around twins... or even triplets".

She finished wriggling her eyebrows as she pumped her fists in the air to lighten Zain's mood.

"I pray so Munni,i pray".

"Keep on praying,don't ever relent. Now what's the plan for the power couple's first anniversary?"

"Nothing big,Malik has been very busy lately. He comes home late and very tired. They're company is organizing the annual fundraiser event and he's part of the planning committee."

"I hate seeing him all tired and stressed out i swear".

Zain added in a sympathetic tone towards Malik as if he's there with them.

"I can see even after a year of marrying him the butterflies and the sparks he gives you are still up and doing ".

Munira teased.

"Shut up Munni... allow me to gush over my handsome husband in peace"

Zain interrupted throwing an empty pack of juice on her.

"Girl.. if you ruin my hijab with that juice imma whoop your ass".

Munira said dodging the empty juice pack Zain threw at her.

They both laughed and finished their food after which they went back to the office.

*************************
At office,Malik has been busy for the past few days as he's spearheading the planning committee for the annual fundraiser event coming up in the next month. Yes he has been trying to find an excuse not to work with Amal because she is becoming a distraction to him lately. He can't really say what it is and why she manages to make up to the list of the things he thinks about,but she's there in his mind. Not all the time but most of the time. Maybe it's because she's hardworking and dedicated to do everything he asks her to do correctly that's why,he thought to himself.

He pushed the memo he's working on aside and makes his way out of the office to grab some lunch as he's very hungry. He barely ate breakfast today even with Zain forcing him to eat a slice of pancake,he just had coffee. That's how his eating schedule gets wrecked when he's busy with work.

He found Amal's office empty,she's not sitting in her usual spot.
Maybe she's out to grab some lunch too, he thought.
Well whatever she's up to that's her business,he cares less. Another part of his mind thought.

Just as he entered the elevator,he saw two people talking,it's Amal and some guy from the public relations department. He recognised him because he's part of the planning committee for the fundraiser too.

She was talking casually with the guy and the guy had a big smile plastered on his face. For some odd reason he felt like wiping that goofy smile off the stupid guy's face.

"Good day Mr Ahmad ".

Faisal extended his hand to Malik for a handshake but Malik quickly nodded at him looking in the other direction.

Amal was astonished by Malik's unwelcoming attitude towards Faisal. It felt so awkward,maybe he had some work for her to do and she stayed for too long,she thought as they made their way out of the elevator to her office.
Faisal has insisted that he walk her to her office,she saw him when she went for lunch and there he insisted to pay for her lunch too. Malik is a kind of guy that has his face at a neutral expression all the time she had known him,but today his face showed some kind of emotion when he saw them at the elevator and she wonders why he refused to shake hands with Faisal.

"So Amal,thank you for lunch today. I'll see you before the day ends".

Faisal interrupted her thoughts.

"I should be the one saying thanks. Thank you Faisal". Amal opened the door to her office and entered after bidding Faisal bye.

At the eatery,Malik ordered his lunch with some coke and dug into his food,not that he's really enjoying it,he's just trying to not starve himself. He thought about what happened earlier in the elevator and suddenly felt it wasn't cool of him to refuse Faisal's handshake. He thought about what made him acted that way and sincerely hopes it's because of him being under stress and hungry at the same time that he acted like that not because he saw Amal together with someone.
He took the last sip of his coke and threw the can in the trash bin. He couldn't finish up eating the food as he felt his appetite drop. His phone rang and he took it from the pocket of his dark grey blazer. Smiling at the caller id he picked up the call.

"Hey wifey what are you up to?"

"I just wanted to hear from you,it's crazy with work here. I need some break". Zain answered from the other side.

"Well your call just saved me from a drastically busy day,i just finished with lunch though and will be back at office in a few".

He made his way out of the eatery to go back to his office.

Zain told him she'll be staying over at her parents' after she finishes from office so she'll be home a little late today.

"Okay babe.. I'll see you later".

"Love you " she called out.

"I love you too ". He said back chuckling as they both hanged up.

He passed by Amal in her office without glancing in her direction. He purposely did that to prevent himself from talking to her.

She buried herself in her computer and pretended not to see him too.

He entered his office and starts to work too. Her thoughts came back in his head,he tried to stop himself from thinking about her but he couldn't. He wanted to know what the relationship between her and Faisal is,not that it's his business though.
He stood up and made his way to her office.

She suddenly felt someone's presence standing in front of her desk and she raised her head to look at him.
Her heart pumped harder as if it'll come out of her chest as she saw him standing in front of her desk with his hands in the pockets of his slacks.

"That guy i saw you in the elevator with,how did you know him?" He questioned with his eyes fixed on her.

The question came to her by surprise,she didn't expect him to ask such.

"I met him some days ago at the photocopying room when you sent me to photocopy those papers".

She responded avoiding his gaze.

"So you've suddenly became close that you're hanging around together..?".
He questioned again. He wanted to know everything about how she came to know Faisal.

"Not really,it's just a coincidence that i came to see him at lunch. He was walking me back to office when you saw us in the elevator ".

"Oh i see..."

His face back to the normal neutral expression he always has.

"You need to be careful, it's not everyone you should be comfortable with". He added taking his eyes off her.

She felt some relief by him taking his eyes off her because his gaze made her nervous and she hates the feeling of being nervous.

"Yes sir,thank you". She muttered.

He nodded at her and made his way back to his office.

She sighed in relief focused back on her work with the thought of what happened at the back of her mind.

*****************************
"So our anniversary is tomorrow".

Zain chirped happily as she sat on the sofa close to Malik.

"Yeah babe,tomorrow will mark exactly a year since i married the most beautiful woman. You became my wife,my strength and everything ".

He cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"Awww Malik you won't ever stop giving me butterflies..."

Zain said her eyes lightning up as she smiled at him.

"Time flies so fast... i can't believe it's a year already". She muttered placing her head on his shoulders.

"Time goes by very fast when you're with the one you love". He poked her nose playfully.

"I know right". She bumped her shoulders at him.

"So what will we do on our special day?" Zain asked fixing her gaze at her husband.

"It's a surprise... i won't tell". He whispered.

"Oh really...?" she asked faking to be surprised opening her eyes widely.

"Yeah it is", he nodded playing with the bracelet on her wrist.

"I can't wait then". She grinned at him.

"Yeah me too babe,me too". He chuckled.

"I hope i don't dream about this surprise with the way I'm eager to know what it is".

Zain said as she crawled into bed.

"I bet you would". Malik winked at her.

"This is torture habiby... tell me already". She whined.

"No way,now come to bed" , he opened his arms to her.

She laid in his arms and they immidiately dozed off to sleep as they were both tired from busy day at work.

***********
They woke up in the morning and both got ready for work.

"Malik help me with this zipper please".
Zain came to Malik where he's fixing the buttons on his button up shirt.

He helped her zip up her dress.

"Happy anniversary my love".
He whisper in her ears.

She turned to face him and snaked her arms around his neck as she looked at him with her eyes sparkling.

"Happy anniversary to us habiby,i love you ".
She kissed him.

"Your surpise will come later in the day after we both get back from work,have this now". He took out a small envelope from his pocket and handed it to her.

"I love you and I'm glad to have you in my life Zain." He kissed her temples and cheeks.

"I'll read this in my office", she said smiling at him.

He grinned at her and extended her his hands to help him with his cufflinks. She helped him finish dressing up and they both leave the home for office.

Zainab entered her workplace wearing a goofy smile at her face. She's so eager to open the note Malik gave her earlier.

She checked into Munira's office but she couldn't find her there. Surprised at where she might be this early morning,she went straight to her office. Just as she sat down she heard Munira's voice
"Happy anniversary to you my beautiful friend. May the love you share with your husband last forever".
Munira came into the office clapping her hands happily with all her smile. She hugged her friend congratulating her on their anniversary.

"Thank you Munni,you're so amazing".

"I know i am " Munira said waving her off making Zain roll her eyes at her over confidence.

"So I'll buy you lunch today,you can order anything you want. That's my gift to you baby girl."

"Really... yaayyy I'm so lucky today,you know how i love food girl". Zain chirped happily jumping up like a teenage girl who got her first car.

"Yeah girl,see ya at lunch ". Munira left for her office.

Zain sat down and relax in her chair,she opened her bag and took out the note Malik gave her,she had been so eager to read what's inside the note. She tore the envelope and began to read the content of the note.

Zain,
Today is not an ordinary day for me,it's a very important day for me. It marks the day our nuptial knot was tied,it's the day you became mine,my lawful wife. Hayati,i can't tell you how lucky i am to have a beautiful,strong,resilient woman like you as a life partner. You've completed the void inside me,you've loved and is still loving me,you've nurtured me with your love and you've given me a new definition of my whole life. With you, I've seen life in a different perspective and being with you has taught me that life may not be perfect and that's okay. It's okay to not be perfect. I want you to know that this is just the beginning of our beautiful journey together. Life has been so brighter and easier with you. Good times and bad times will surely come along the way,there'll be challenges and curves along the road,but all will not matter if we are by each other's side. We'll overcome them together. Like it's been said,"falling in love is a disease,and it's cure is to marry the one you love". Zain,my disease was falling in love with you and I've been cured ever since the day you became my wife. Did you hear that? My wife,my life,my baby mama and everything. You're my cure Zain and I'll say this for the umpteenth time,I love you,never stop and never will stop. I'll love you till my very last breath Zain. I love you.

Malik.

She finished reading the note with her heart melting from it. She folded the note neatly and put it back in her bag. Indeed one of the mercies of this world is to have someone who truly loves and adore you. She thought, and she's lucky to have Malik,she couldn't ask for a better husband.

They didn't have lunch at their usual cafe,Munira took her to some restaurant a little far from their office in her car. It's her surprise gift for Zain's anniversary she said.

"I had the most delicious and tasty food Munni,thank you so much".
Zain said as she finished her food and gulped down some water.

"Oh glad you had a nice time. Anything for you darling friend".

"We've almost exhausted the lunch break,we gotta hurry back to office".
Munira added as they both stand up and made their way out of the restaurant and back to office.

"I'm just eager to finish up and go home".
Zain said grinning with her eyes lightning.

"What's the occasion lover girl?"
Munira questioned teasing her.

"Well Malik said it's a surprise, so i don't know too".
Zain answered.

"Oh wow,sounds great,share me photos about the surprise thingy"
Munira replied air qouting the word 'surprise'.

"I'll definately do,be ready to watch my snaps tonight cos it's gonna be lit baby,and you're welcome".
Zain said fist pumping the air.

Munira laughed her off and they both entered their offices to get back to work.
********************
Zain got back home not too tired, she gets an adrenalin rush the moment she thinks about Malik's suprise for her. She went into the bathroom and took a shower. She was out of the shower and drying her hair when she heard the sound of Malik's car signalling that he's home.

He came into the house and went straight to the room where he saw her in front of the mirror brushing down her hair.

"Hey babe,how was your day?"

He snaked his hands around her waist with his head on the crook of her neck.

"Was a beautiful happy day,i got free food courtesy of Munni. Why are you home early today?"

She asked as she turned and trained her eyes on him.

"Because i want to be with my wife,besides we have a surprise remember? "
He answered her taking the brush from her hand as he starts to brush her hair.

"Yeah right a surprise " she responded grinning at him.

"Eager aren't we?"

He cocked his eyebrow at her.

"Definitely, i can't wait".

He went to the other room to keep his office bag and laptop.
She finished making her hair and was about to dress when he came into the room with a dress in his hands.

"Here,i thought you'd love to wear this ".
He handed her the dress. She took it with her mouth agape in surprise. It was a light blue simple dress with long sleeve hands,the dress was adorned with beautiful crystal stones from the neck to the waist line. The bottom and the end of the sleeves were decorated with black lace. The dress came with it's scarf,the scarf is rectangular,the same colour with the dress with black lace decorating the sides of the rectangular material. He helped her wear the dress and zipped it up. It fits perfectly on her revealing her sparkling caramel skin.

"Oh my God habiby... this is so beautiful. I love it".
She happily twirled around with his hand in hers to keep her from falling.

"Don't take it off,we're going on a date".
He spoke softly in her ears,I'll go take a shower and change too". He winked at her as he left to get ready.

She finished dressing up and wrapped the scarf around her head pinning it in one place.
She didn't wear too much make up, just some kohl (eyeliner) and mascara,then some nude lip gloss. She took out a small silver clutch bag and put her phone in it. She sat by the bedside waiting for Malik to finish getting ready. She heard his footsteps approaching the room and she raised her head to look at him with a smile on her face. He was wearing a dark blue casual button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up revealing his tonned biceps and the muscles in his arms bulging out and becoming more prominent. He wore a black jeans with a pair of black sandals. He looked casual but yet so handsome as always.

"You look beautiful wifey". He complimented her as he squatted down to put the pair of black carolina harrera shoes he's holding in his hands in her feet. She became speechless as she didn't know the dress came with a new pair of shoes too.

"Here we are,every thing set now"
He finished fixing the straps of the sandals on her feet.

"This is beautiful Malik".
She spoke smiling ear to ear.

"No you're beautiful and you deserve everything beautiful".
He replied poking her nose.

She took out her phone and set out the camera.
"Selfie time"... she sang

"Oh no that's too early". Malik rolled his eyes.

"No,it's not. Now come on besides i promised Munira some pictures of us".

She took different photos of them before they leave their home for the date.

She didn't expect it to be where he took her for the date. It was one of the town's most finest hotels,and it wasn't a normal table he booked for them. It was a secluded area at the back of the main building, the place was quiet with beautiful lights shinning in the darkness of the night. There was a beautiful carpet spread on the floor with two chairs and a table set at the other side where the food was served with drinks. He led her to sit on the beautiful soft carpet. It looked like they were on a picnic.
"Do you want me to bring the food down here? "
He asked with her hand in his.

"Yes please, it's so comfortable and relaxing down here". She answered.

He stood up and brought the food down on the carpet. He served them both and they ate comfortably.

They finished with the food and Malik took away the dishes and placed them on the table.

"The food is so nice,i love it". She said smiling at him

"I'm glad you love it Zain". He said back with a smile matching hers.

"This is the best surprise ever Malik,i love everything ".

She said to him with happiness evident in her tone.

"There's more,wait ".

He put his hand in his pocket and brought out a small jewellery case,he opened it and brought out a shiny sparkling ring. He took her hand in his and slipped the ring in one of her fingers.

"Happy first anniversary Zain,i love you". He kissed her fingers.

Astonished at how beautiful the ring is,and how it fits in her finger she couldn't help the emotions that chocked her up. She didn't mean to cry at all but she felt dampness in her eyes and her voice coming out more like a quiver.
"It's beautiful Malik, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I thank Allah every day for having a spouse like you. I love how you love me,i love you like no man's business habibi."

"Shhhh it's okay babe,i will always be there for you,my main priority is to make you happy and comfortable to the best of my ability". He cupped her chin in his hands wiping her tears away.

"Now lemme take a picture of your finger with that ring on". He teased her to lighten the mood.

She laughed and extended her hand to him as he took a picture of her hand wearing the beautiful ring on her fingers. He changed his phone wallpaper to the picture immidiately.

She fell into his arms and he held her tightly as if they've been glued to each other. She felt like the moment should last forever and never end. Just like her mom said... "A person who loves you will keep planting the seeds of love in you until you become entirely made out of love."
To her Malik is that person, he is one of a kind and definitely the type of husband she had always dreamt of having.

**************
*sigh... guys this has been a very long chapter, please don't let my effort go in vain as my fingers hurt from typing RN. 3000+ freaking words.??.. ain't nobody playing. Please don't read without voting and commenting. How's the date part? Tell me about it please. I wanna know what y'all think.

#TLIMMsquad
#TLIMM ❤

See y'all in the next chapter. Stay beautiful lovelies 😘❣

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

304K 10.8K 27
She's stuck in a loveless marriage. She's the mother of her brother-in-law's child. And theres someone across the world to who she means the world to...
5.9K 126 13
"𝘈𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘶 𝘈𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘬𝘶𝘮." Hamza said as soon as he enter in his room and then sit on the bed. Zainab look up with mixed emotions she open he...
107K 3.9K 16
Falling in love with someone just sounds so great. But what if the person you love ditch you for his career.? That too on your wedding day. Meet Zara...
189K 14.1K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...