An Alpha's Kiss | ✔️

By Dark-Shadow

(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silentl... More

An Alpha's Kiss - Story Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 30

30.6K 1.4K 125
By Dark-Shadow

~Aya

Any conversation that includes Veronica or the idea of her means trouble. If a person catches a glimpse of her, they get an unmistakable feeling that shit is around the corner waiting for a snap of her fingers to attack. Yeah, to that extent.

It's not because I hate her guts –well maybe a little –that I think of her badly. From the first second I saw her, I knew there's a twisted underlying evilness behind her sweet facade.

And the fact that she's gone missing adds to my suspicions. Seriously though, who would want to kidnap a look alike barbie with a voice that leads to eardrum explosion. Exactly.

"What do you mean by missing? She's not an angel, she can't disappear into thin air just like that. Why don't you check the mall, I'm positive you'll find her in the skimpy lingerie section." Leila waved her hand off and returned to skimming her instagram.

"Leila, I'm being serious. There's a big possibility that someone kidnapped her." Vixen deadpanned, sending Leila a hard look. Leila only snorted not giving the matter any importance.

"Don't worry if someone kidnapped her then they'll return her by noon, you can count on it. Unless they're going to use her as a play toy then trust me, she won't be the one that wants to come back." I tried to hide my laugh but with that stupid grin smacked on Leila's face I couldn't but burst out laughing. She too was laughing silently, her shoulders shaking slightly.

"As much as I adore your sense of humor Leila, but this is serious." He crossed his arms over his chest, his muscles flexing through the tight dark blue sweater he wore.

"Aren't there cameras all over the castle?" I asked, crossing a leg over another. That's when Jace strolled in, his eyes blazing furiously and his lips pressed into a thin line.

"We checked everything, but there's no trace of her on the surveillance cameras. My father and I think that they went through one of the underground tunnels hence why the recorded videos showed nothing." He explained, his shoulders rigid.

"Any witnesses?" Vixen turned to Jace and he shook his head.

"Not yet. We interrogated the entire staff but to vain. Her personal maiden last saw her yesterday night, other than that we got nothing." Jace rubbed his temples, seemingly stressed with the whole situation.

"Who would want to kidnap her?" I asked and Leila snorted, the only thing keeping her from spilling whatever's on her mind was Vixen's warning glare. Clearly, she and I thought of the same thing.

A psycho.

"That's what I'm not understanding. By now everyone in the kingdom knows you're my mate, so I find no reason for anyone to kidnap her." He intently stared at the blank wall behind me looking deep in thought.

"What if she ran away?" Vixen suggested.

"Veronica? Running away? Yeah right. She follows Jace wherever he goes and I pretty much doubt she'll step a foot onto a place that doesn't have Jace alert hung at its entrance." I exclaimed. The bitterness was evidently there, and I think I saw a glimpse of a smile on Jace's face.

"True." Leila nodded. A moment of silence passed.

"Jace and I were talking, and we think it's best if we go back home." Vixen said.

Jace's had an unreadable expression clouding his features. Though I miss home like crazy, but my heart clenched painfully at the thought of being more than a hundred miles away from him. I understand that going back home is the safest choice but I want to stay.

"But why? Jace if you're scared that I'll be roaming in the city or somewhere in the castle, you can assign a guard accompany me." I tried convincing but I knew it was a lost argument, Jace had already made up his mind.

"Sweetheart, I'm not risking anything happening to you. Even if I assign you a guard, my mind won't be put at ease. I know you don't want to leave, but it's only for the time being. Once I'm sure everything is safe, I'm bringing you here myself." I couldn't argue with that; he has a point.

If Veronica actually is held captive, then what would ensure that the same doesn't happen to me as well?

I said nothing as I was lost in my own thoughts. Every word he said was on point, and as much as I wanted to beg him to remain here, I had to comply.

It is dangerous.

"Love, look at me." I didn't realize he was right in front of me until he put a hand under my chin so that my eyes met his.

"It won't be for long. Just a couple of days until I catch the kidnapper, alright?" He said softly.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Jace, we tracked the footsteps." Mason strolled in like the commander he is, but the usual twinkle in his eyes present every time I see him was replaced with dead seriousness. I was quite intimidated with the change of domineer, and even though Jace had told me about Mason's strength and bravery, I couldn't imagine him as a ruthless beast.

The softness in Jace's eyes faded, his business mode returning. "Did you find anything?" He inquired, turning to look at his cousin but Mason's expression didn't give off any good.

"We followed the footsteps, they led us to the forest but the strange part is that once we entered the forest, the traces disappeared. We tried to track Veronica's scent but it was long gone." Mason addressed, glancing at me a couple of times.

"Which means that all of this happened at night." Jace concluded. Mason nodded in conformation, a sigh escaping his lips.

"But how come the footsteps stopped all of a sudden?" Vixen interjected, his frown deepening.

"That's what I'm trying to find out." Mason ran a hand through his pitch black hair reminding me of Jace when he's stressed out or nervous.

The talk happening between the guys had me feeling a little left out. Sure, they're military and know the tactics and procedures of such cases, but still they can make us feel like we're still in the room rather than invisible statues.

Not a while after, Leila and I started packing. Apparently, the king called for an urgent meeting with his generals, Jace and Vixen included. They needed to find out who broke into their system, deactivated the cameras on the perimeters of the castle, used the underground tunnels and most importantly kidnapped the she bi–wolf.

But a voice inside my head kept on telling me that there's something not right with this kidnapping ordeal. The cameras, the tracks, them going through the dungeons, no one hearing a sound coming from Veronica's room.

I mean, a single scream of hers can wake up the castle. So if this kidnapper actually dragged her out by force, wouldn't she have at least screamed or crashed stuff?  Then again, the captor might've drugged or threatened her with a knife.

"You don't look thrilled about coming back." Leila said putting the last stack of clothes inside the suitcase. Well, I can't say I'm that excited, sure I miss my parents and all but sleeping alone in my room will never feel the same again especially not after I've gotten used to sleeping besides Jace.

"I can't say I'm all that happy. I mean, I don't know when this will be over. Finding Veronica might take weeks and I'm not keen on the idea of not seeing Jace for that long." I rocked on the balls of my feet and bit my lip.

"If it takes long he'll come and visit Aya, don't worry. He doesn't want this as much as you do but it's essential to ensure your safety." She reasoned.

"I know." Sighing, I tucked a strand of my loose hair behind my ear sitting down on the king size bed. Leila checked her phone and by the deep frown on her face I instantly knew something's wrong.

"Lei, what is it?" She angrily tossed her phone on the bed.

"Leila." I stood up suddenly alarmed.

"We're growing distant." She silently muttered, still glaring daggers at her phone. Surely, Vixen has something to with this. I walked closer to her and my eyes softened seeing her devastated expression. I know Leila very well, she wouldn't be acting this way out of nothing.

"C'mon, tell me what happened." I smiled gently sitting on the bed and patting the space next to me. She gruffly sat down and let out a deep sigh, her eyes focusing on nothing in particular, that's when she spilled her heart out.

I was all ears, listening to her until the very end, squeezing her hand when she looked like she was close to tears. This is the first true relationship for Leila, of course she used to date but none of those were serious as her relationship with Vixen.

And from what I concluded, she has fallen in love with him. Hard.

As she said, one time he's the perfect boyfriend a girl dreams of but the next he's this distant closed off guy, and she's finding it difficult to deal with.

"I'm lost, Aya." She ran her hands through her hair.

"Lei, you know that Vixen's been through a lot but I'm certain that he loves you. He needs a bit more time to open up his heart and trust you with it after he promised himself not to fall in love again. He's a great guy Leila, and I'm positive that in the next couple of days he'll make it up to you." And I meant that.

He'll eventually wake up from the semi emotional coma he's been in.

"I hope so." She stood up and put her hands on her hips. "C'mon, I need to eat to get my mind of off things. How about a I tell the chef to cook us that Italian dish we saw on insta the other day?" She grinned, the sparkle in her eyes returning.

She had me at food.

"You bet, I'm starving!"

***

"I missed you so much sweetie!" Mom gushed pulling me into yet another bone crushing hug. I chuckled hugging her back with all my might. Truth is, I missed her like hell.

My mom and I's relationship is a very close one and I think the amount of hugs and tears I've got from her demonstrates that. Dad was standing next to her staring at the both of us adoringly. I can tell my absence has been a little difficult to handle, especially for dad since I'm his little princess, but they managed.

I guess they finally understood that I'm all grown up now, soon to be queen too. Hurray –not.

"Violet, your cutting offd her air supply." Dad chuckled and mom and I laughed. She pulled away, her arms dropping to her sides and hooked her hand with dad's.

"Miss you sis." Axel grinned draping an arm around my shoulders and kissed my cheek.

"Miss you too Axy." I ruffled his hair and laughed softly seeing his scowl.

"Don't call me that." He grumbled rolling his eyes.

"Sure thing Axy." He snorted.

We sat together and chatted, laughing at my dad's jokes and mom's teasing. I admit that I'm blessed with my family and I know that I should cherish every moment with them.

Time flew by unnoticed, it wasn't until I checked my phone that I realized it was half past midnight. The hallways of the castle were deserted with only few guards taking their night shift.

I sighed contently as I entered my room, placing my purse on the nightstand before slipping into something more comfortable. I moved to close the curtains not wanting the morning rays to disturb my sleep.

But I froze in place seeing two black figures standing at the edges of the forest, the moon's glow showing their silhouette, not enough to reveal their figure.

It felt like de ja vu all over again, that one night I saw a dark figure similar to those standing in the same place.

And then I gasped in horror, steadying myself with the wall feeling my legs wobble.

Their eyes flashed a bright murderous red.

I staggered a few steps back, taking in hurried breaths, feeling a little light headed as black dots clouded my vision. It was only a matter of seconds before everything went black.

As I promised, an early update!

So, the chapter are getting more lengthy. I'm putting my heart in them.

Please show your support through voting! 💜

Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say.😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...
39.1K 611 23
*𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭* 🌶 {COMPLETED} Princess Luna is caught in a horrible storm that leaves her stranded, until she is found by the Vampyr...
11.2K 311 30
When a werewolf prince comes of age the royal family must hold a ceremony at which 30 girls will go to the castle and live there until he choose's on...
8K 283 16
Being a curse on her own pack. She never wished for it. Taking all the pain she waited for her mate. When finally they met. From sneaking out to gett...