Hunter of The Red Plains

By Nanashi-na-kyuhei

This book takes place in the years of Emiya Shirou being a Counter Guardian, from its bottom to its top. For... More

PROLOUGE CHAPTER
An Old Friend: Chapter I
An Old Friend: Chapter II
An Old Friend: Chapter III
An Old Friend: Chapter IV
An Old Friend: Chapter V
An Old Friend: Chapter VI
An Old Friend: Chapter VII
An Old Friend: Chapter VIII
An Old Friend: Chapter IX
An Old Friend: Until We Meet Again...
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter I
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter II
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter III
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter IV
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter V
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter VI
The Countesse of Blood: A Portrait of Hell
In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter I
In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter II
In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter III
In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter IV
In The Middle of Nowhere: Another Game
The Fall of a Hero: Chapter I
The Fall of a Hero: Chapter II
The Fall of a Hero: Chapter III
The Fall of a Hero: Chapter IV
The Fall of a Hero: Flames of a Curse
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter I
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter II
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter III
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter IV
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter V
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kigal Irkala; VI
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kigal Irkala; Chapter VII

In The Middle of Nowhere: V

2K 60 10
By Nanashi-na-kyuhei

This place again. Even though he did not have many of memories, he knew that this was the place he saw that monster. Just like the first time, he had a feeling once he arrived here. He did not know what kind of a thing it was properly, and since he was completely empty in mind, he could not associate this feeling with anything. This dark, disgusting feeling in his stomach was just there, without any connection with anything he knew of, which was not that much. But, he realised one thing. 

He had no time. He had to complete his task quickly, otherwise he knew that he was about to dissappear. Just like his memories, his very existence was under the risk of being erased. He could not say that the link to this fact was from a logical explanation, but a feeling, as if it was sixth sense. Also, he realised that little Alice did not say anything through the path, just sitting on his shoulders, cuddling his head. He thought that she might got a bit worried since his state was not that good and proper. 

Archer held Alice tight and jumped with all his might, reaching at the top of a tree. Then, he lifted Alice up, projected a seat on the branch, and put Alice there before tying her to there. "Alice, Mister needs to have a final bussiness left. You just sit here and wait, alright?" He said, while trying to ignore the ache in his head. Alice, first said nothing, but then reached out for his face before pulling his cheek. 

"Win!" She said, and let him go. Archer looked at her while scrubing his cheek, before he gave a smirk and landed on the ground. He took a few steps forward without hesitation, until the beast began rising below from the earth. Unknown to Archer, Alice murmured something before smiling as the monster rised.

"And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!"

Archer just stared at the opponent he had without fear and hesitation, as he projected a pair of swords, Bakuya and Kanshou, before he rushed at it with lightning speed that a common eye of a human would not be able to trace. But, that eye was not of Jabberwock's. 

The monster raised its arm and swang a punch so fast and strong that the molecules of air around its hand could not get out of the way of his fist fast enough, resulting in a sonic boom. If Archer had the intention of landing the first hit at that moment, he would have been completely flew apart. But he simply did not. He just slided below of the legs of the monster, before rising up by pushing himslef up, resulting in ten meters above from the land. Then, he threw both of his blades as well as summoning many others, to use them as projectiles. Archer landed after seeing that the monster could not get away from those projectiles, and getting blasted off by their explosion. Yet, he did not lower his guard. He knew that he was a thousand kilometers away from the victory, and the very fact that he had to jump again in order to dodge the fist of that monster was enough of a proof. 

The monster roared once again, shaking the whole forest with a sound loud enough to make anyone deaf if they were close enough, whereas Archer just projected another blade, after saying "Trace, on.", which was greatly gigantic. It was more like an axe more than a sword, and it surely was taller than his own height. When thought logically, there would be no possible way for such a man to use such weapon, but the book was supposed not to be judged by its cover, right? "Trigger, off." The Guardian in white cloak jumped to the heavens, with carrying that gigantic sword, or weapon would be more suited since it had the qualitifies of an axe as well, which was a ridiculus scene to see. 

Indeed, The Guardian in white surely had no capability to wield such weapon. As long as he was to use his own techniques, of course. His body, his mind, his nerves, his whole system of veins, his whole self was transforming him into a shape which would allow him to wield such a weapon. His body was generating the strength required, as his mind just focused on a certain technique. As he screamed while falling upon the monster, his opponent simply roared and got ready to corespond the blow. But, before Archer's arrival, a dozen of blades, which surely was five meters long and a meter wide, rained down on it, catching it off-guard. As the blades impaled its body, the monster saw The Guardian in white approaching, while swinging that giant sword. Which was the greatest mistake, since the monster was still able to move his right arm. It swang a fist to the Archer closing in, and caused a mass of meat to fell to the ground. 

It was its arm. The Guardian in white simply choped-off its right arm, since he finally found an opening. Then, he raised the weapon in his hand, and chanted the name of a technique, a Noble Phantasm, he did not even know. "Nine Lives Blade Works!" And in an instant, nearly the whole body of the monster was destroyed, becoming the victim of those eight blows of Archer. 

The projection of the weapon, which orginally belonged to Heracles of Greece, faded away as the leftovers of the monster fell to the ground. Archer held his left arm, since it was in a great pain due to being pretty much done for. But, it had no meaning, since he had defeated the last opponent he had to fight. Or so he thought. If Archer had his memories, he could have remembered the story of Jabberwock, the monster that can be killed by nothing but one weapon, the sword of a legend which no one ever heard of.

Archer's eyes got widened as he saw the monster regaining its shape, regaining its terrifying roar. The monster dashed at Archer, although it had just recovered, and caused Archer to jump to escape. The situation was dry, since he was basically one armed, so he would not be able to use his bow, neither his dual-wielding style, nor a blade which required a dual-hand wielding. The situation was surely dry. Not only that he was at disadvantage due to his injuries, but his opponent was also overpowered, in the terms of strength and Battle Continuation.

Archer projected a dozen of swords and shot them at the monster, but it simply clapped its hands and created a very powerful shockwave. Archer's ears got damaged and the world of sounds left itself to a whiz. Archer could feel the blood coming from his ears. 

Since he lost his balance, and since he lost his ability to regain it, Archer could not land properly, and fell to the ground after a failing attempt of landing on his feet. The monster did not waste a second and rushed at him, with its fists raised up. Archer barely managed to avoid it by jumping back, but he could not dodge it scratchless. Since the blow was so powerful, the soil from the ground flew apart and those pieces threw Archer away along with the shockwave. Archer's vision got blured, and it felt like his body lost its ability to move. He could barely hear Alice's screams, and once he turned his head, he saw her closing in. 

"Don't come, Alice!" He yelled, being not sure how loud he was since he could not hear properly. "It's dangerous, don't come closer!" But the little girl did not listen, and dragged Archer into an even drier situation. Now that he was between the monster and Alice, he lost his chance to avoid the next attack. He had to take the blow head on, to protect Alice. As the monster closed the distance, Archer lifted Alice up and raised his barely-healed left arm, thanks to a sacred sheath, and prepared to ready the-

Ready what? What was he going to do anyway? Why did he think that he could have taken the blow head on? Even if he had a shield or something as a defense like that, he could not remember anything about that. Twenty meters, that monster would close such distance within a few seconds, and Archer knew that he would not be able to escape the next attack of his opponent. A shield. What he needed was a shield. There were proper shields flashing in his mind as sudden images, but they all were nameless. Archer needed a shield that could protect her, yet his strongest defense needed more time to be activated. He cursed the situation and quickly projected a human-sized shield, which had the shape of a cross. Archer did not know what it was named, and did not have the time to activate it as a Noble Phantasm, but it might be enough, he thought. Yet-

Yet, it wasn't. Surely, Archer managed to protect Alice from getting hurt by shield, but in exchange, he lost his arm. He felt a great pain and screamed out of pain caused by his broken bones, several bones, of his arm, as both he and Alice in his arms flew off of the ground with the shield becoming a blue mist of mana.

"Are you okay, Alice?" He asked, trying to ignore the pain in his arm, which was impossible. Even with the Avalon, such injury would not heal within the time needed. Not to mention that Archer lost his memories about both the sacred relic and its owner, so its effects were slowed down greatly. 

"Are you an idiot?" She asked with anger. "Isn't it certain that your condition is worse!? Stop worying about others and value your own self a bit more, you idiot!" Archer stared at her eyes full of tears, and had a sudden feeling as if he had heard those words from someone else. 

"Good grief, you surely haven't changed a bit." That voice said from the other side, causing him to turn to that way. But once he did, there was no one, but the sight of a hill which had a blade on its top. The Vorpal Sword he had seen before. Then, he realised, and a smile took its place on his face.

"What is it," He laughed dryly, surprising Alice. "to think that solution was this easy." While they were thinking and talking, they could not realize that the monster already closed the distance, ready to smash them both. But it could not since a blade stuck in its chest, then another one in his right shoulder. The wounds of the monster were not healing, and the monster could not touch those blades. The Guardian in white stood up slowly, and whispered something. Suddenly, a bunch of blade tops began covering the wounds in his left arm, while some just popped out, lancing through his muscles. 

"This body is," The Guardian whispered. "made out of swords." A stream of lightning, even though it was just a sign of projection magecraft, spread through his right arm, before taking the shape of a sword in his hand. Alice whispered to herself, due to astonishment. "Wrought Iron Hero." 

"It's time for round two, Berserker!" Archer yelled as he raised the perfect copy of Vorpal Sword, blade of legend that no one has ever seen. Berserker roared in both pain and anger, shaking the ground once again. Archer pointed the tip of his blade at his opponent. "This is the moment when you fall!" Both Archer and The Jabberwock rushed at each other, to land the finishing blow. But, before closing the distance of five meters completely, Archer projected a gigantic sword, which was struck in the ground with an angle to be used as a ramp. Archer quickly ran towards it, and jumped over the monster, and landed the finishing blow from its back after he landed on the ground. The monster stopped moving after he did so, and got completely dissappeared, leaving nothing but a dark orb behind. Once the orb fell to the ground, Archer pierced it with the blade in his hand. As the mud spread from the orb, the forest began to dissappear, as well as some cracks took shape in the...sky? 

"I see..." A high-pitched voice said. Archer lowered his head to see Alice, smiling at him with saddened eyes. "It is my defeat, then. I guess the game is over."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579 6 14
You'd been born with the abilities to summon and control multiple servants in a great holy grail war just like this one...but what after? Were you tr...
174K 6.9K 56
In Archer's last moment during the Holy Grail War, he made a promise to Rin, to try his best. Not knowing if he was even capable of keeping up such a...
18.6K 1K 35
Getting Isekai'd to another world is indeed awesome, especially embarking on an adventure as a hero to defeat the Demon King, who turns out to be a w...
66.5K 1K 30
Shirou Emiya or Emilya Von Einzbern have been gone through and experience in many unexpected situations. Being brought back to the living world from...