Were We Meant To Be Together?

By Xylesia

Kyungsoo had no idea that filling some random form would lead him to an arranged marriage with none other tha... More

Prolougue
Chapter 1 - A Twist In Fates
Chapter 2 - The Big News
Chapter 3 - If Only He Knew
Chapter 4 - The Royal Engagement
Chapter 5 - Kyungsoo's Days In Palace
Chapter 7 - We Can Try
Chapter 8 - Just Friends
Chapter 9 - Red String Of Destiny
Chapter 10 - Smiles
Chapter 11 - Am I Going To Be Happy?
Chapter 12 - Absolutely Unwell
Chapter 13 - Yeah We're Alright Now
Chapter 14 - Lunch Box
Chapter 15 - I'm Glad That You're Okay Now
Chapter 16 - October
Chapter 17 - Dawn
Chapter 18 - Let's Pretend It Never Happened
An Open Letter To Everyone
Chapter 19 - Heart Attack
Chapter 20 - Practicing For Marathon? Maybe Not!
Chapter 21 - Is This How It Feels?
Chapter 22 - Expectations
Chapter 23 - Tired
Chapter 24 - Realizations
Chapter 25 - Wrong Timing
Chapter 26 - Stop Ruining Our Moments
Chapter 27 - Contented
Chapter 28 - Pillow Talk [TW]
Chapter 29 - The Truth
Chapter 30 - For Better Or For Worse
Chapter 31 - Surprise
Chapter 32 - Dreams And Reality
Chapter 33 - Somewhere Faraway
Chapter 34 - Miracles
Epilogue
Important

Chapter 6 - Getting Used To Our Fate

1.9K 119 7
By Xylesia

"So how's everything going on with Chanyeol?" Yixing asked through the phone. "I don't know hyung...but I think Chanyeol hates me..." Kyungsoo sighed. From the first moment when he saw Chanyeol, Kyungsoo had a feeling that Chanyeol didn't like him. But last night when Chanyeol warned him like he was an intruder, Kyungsoo realized that Chanyeol really didn't like or want him in his life. "Well you have try to make him like you then..." Yixing said, trying to cheer him up. "I'll try hyung..." Kyungsoo said a little disappointed. "Are you taking any etiquette classes or something?" Yixing asked. "I'm already taking some classes here" Kyungsoo said flatly. "They are nice to you right?" Yixing asked worriedly. "Yeah.....They all are nice to me....." Kyungsoo sighed a little. Something moved in the periphery and he turned to see a giant shadow looming behind a tree. "I'm really worried about you Soo... If anything happens please do tell me...and don't give up okay?" Yixing said, concerned. "Don't worry Yixing hyung... I'm Do Kyungsoo! I definitely won't give up!" Kyungsoo said, trying to cheer the older man. He smiled when he heard Yixing chuckle to himself.

Talking to Yixing always relaxed Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo feels really blessed to have a friend and hyung like him. "Soo I need to go to sleep... I'll call you tomorrow" Yixing said stifling a yawn and cut the phone. Kyungsoo let out a sigh and leaned back. Its just his first day here and he is already feeling like giving up. Really why should he go through all this? Kyungsoo never wanted this, any of this. But still, he still has to do everything. But Kyungsoo knows that once he sets his mind on something, he will definitely do it. No matter how hard it is, he will never give.

He yawned and decided to go back to his room. He almost reached the main door when he noticed Chanyeol and Sehun bickering about something, then Chanyeol pushing his brother inside. Kyungsoo passed them without notice. Just as he reached his door he heard Sehun yelling him good night. Kyungsoo chuckled at his antics and said "Good night to you too Sehun" with a smile. He entered his room and closed the door. He went to bed and decided to sleep off his insecurities. Kyungsoo can't give up. Not now, not ever.

Next morning Kyungsoo woke up with a warm feeling on his back. He opened his eyes and saw someone's arm wrapped around his waist. He turned his head a little and saw Sehun's sleeping face. "What the..." he croaked out. How in the world did he get in here? He sure locked the door last night. And what the hell is the younger man doing on his bed like this? he got out of Sehun's arm and sat up on his bed. He decided to just wake the younger man up and slowly started to shake him. "Sehun? Get up please!" Kyungsoo said groggily.

Sehun rolled over and stretched his arms, covering almost all of Kyungsoo's bed. He turned towards Kyungsoo and gave him a childish smile. "Maid you're already up..." he said, a little raspy. "What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asked. "I came to wake you up but you looked so cute while sleeping that I just decided to join you" Sehun said cheekily. Kyungsoo sighed and looked at Sehun. "isn't it like Chanyeol's duty or something?" Kyungsoo inquired. If he is correct, he heard Chanyeol grumbling about this last day. "Yeah it is but I shooed him off" Sehun said, grinning. "By the way maid...Are you always this cute?" Sehun asked, now sitting up. "First of all, I'm not cute and second of all I'm not your maid..." Kyungsoo said exasperated. Sehun seemed to think something for a while and then said "Then can I call you Soo hyung?". Kyungsoo nodded and got up from the bed to freshen up.

He was halfway there when he turned around and asked "Are you going to sit here?". Sehun flushed and immediately scampered out of the room. 'What a weird way to start the day...' Kyungsoo thought and let out a sigh.

The day passed as it should have been. Kyungsoo took his 'pot' lessons then calligraphy and lastly etiquette lessons. After that he went to college, took his classes, hung out with his friends and as the day ended he decided to head back to the palace. Everything was normal except Yixing.

Yixing was acting really strange lately and this worried Kyungsoo a lot. The older man has become distanced and doesn't speak to anyone lately. He spends most of his time in the astronomy auditorium and if asked he just says he is working on his thesis. Luhan keeps saying that something must really be bothering Yixing and Kyungsoo should ask him, but when he makes an effort to know, Yixing just shifts to another subject.

Kyungsoo entered the palace and instead of going to his room, he decided to roam around the garden. He turned left and entered the garden. He started walking slowly and let out a sigh. Everything's happened so fast that Kyungsoo feels a little lost in the pace. Just 3 weeks ago he was a normal civilian but look at him now. 'I'm now the so called fiancé of the Prince' Kyungsoo scoffed at the thought.

Just as he was about to take a sit, somebody sneaked up from behind him and lifted him off the ground. "What the hell?!!" Kyungsoo shrieked. "Its just me Soo hyung" Sehun said from behind. "Put Me Down Right Now!!" Kyungsoo demanded. "Okay..." Sehun muttered and put him down gently on the ground. Kyungsoo turned around and glared at the younger male. Kyungsoo likes this kid but he doesn't like being lifted up from the ground. It makes him smaller than he already is. "Why did you lift me up?" Kyungsoo inquired. "I just wanted to play..." Sehun mumbled. "You could have asked..." Kyungsoo said, softening up a little bit. 'Sehun is really cute' Kyungsoo thought and smiled at the younger man. Sehun just blinked at him in awe before grinning like a little kid who won a big soft teddy bear as a prize. "Then will you play?" Sehun asked, still grinning. Before Kyungsoo could reply, they heard a soft rusting of leaves.

They both turned around and saw Chanyeol walking up to them. The moonlight was directly falling on him and his face shone like a diamond in the light. His brown hair reflected the light and gently swayed when the air blew towards it. Kyungsoo's breath hitched the moment he saw Chanyeol like that. 'He looks so beautiful...' Kyungsoo thought and gulped hard. He instantly looked away to hide the blush which was creeping up his neck.

"What are you two doing here?" Chanyeol asked. "I wanted to play with Soo hyung" Sehun said nonchalantly. "Soo hyung? He is not your maid anymore?" Chanyeol teased. "Shut up you giant hyung" Sehun grumbled. "What did you call me?" Chanyeol smacked Sehun's head. "Ah! Soo hyung!" Sehun whined like a little kid and went to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo chuckled at Sehun's cute antics. "Go away, you giant yoda" Sehun said cheekily and showed his tongue. "You lil brat! Come here!" Chanyeol growled and started chasing Sehun.

Kyungsoo just watched the two brother bicker and run like little kids. All of a sudden he felt a warm feeling spreading across his chest. He remembers how he and his brother used to tease each other. Kyungsoo laughed when Sehun dodged Chanyeol's smack, which ultimately led Chanyeol to fall face first on the ground.

Chanyeol pulled Sehun's leg and instantly Sehun fell on the ground. They both started to wrestle like oversized pups and Kyungsoo just laughed at how adorable they looked. He took out his phone and snapped a photo of them. They both looked at him in shock and soon stood up. Both of their faces were red like tomato. "Why did you take a picture?" Chanyeol asked, frowning a little. "You two looked like oversized pups" Kyungsoo chuckled and started walking back to his room. "Soo hyung! Why don't you pet me then?" Sehun yelled but stopped when he received another smack from Chanyeol. Kyungsoo grinned. Maybe just maybe, he can get used to this.

The days passed by fast and soon Kyungsoo became used to the palace ground. Its already been 3 weeks since he got engaged and moved to live here. Kyungsoo has learned lots of table manners and how to properly act in front of the media from his (hot) etiquette teacher Yifan. He also learned to write simple calligraphy and not to mention Kyungsoo has already memorized half of the pots name (although he still doesn't enjoy it that much). All in all, Kyungsoo was starting to accept his new life. He was finally getting used to his fate.

******

Chanyeol on the other hand became more restless. Kyungsoo was a nice guy indeed, but no matter how hard Chanyeol tried he just can't seem to accept the guy in his life. He knows that he is being a little stubborn but Chanyeol really can't seem to fathom marrying Kyungsoo. If they met on different circumstances then maybe, maybe Chanyeol would have taken liking to the smaller guy but right now, it feels as if someone is forcefully putting Kyungsoo on his back. Actually Kyungsoo is really a wonderful guy but to be honest, he is just not Chanyeol's type.

Chanyeol is also extremely annoyed with Sehun. Sehun is so head over heels for Kyungsoo, that if he is given the chance he would marry Kyungsoo in no time. He is already getting close to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol has seen them hanging out a lot. And this seems to worry Chanyeol a little.

No, Chanyeol is definitely not jealous. He is just worried about Sehun's safety. And maybe Kyungsoo's safety too (he won't admit out loud).

All in all, Chanyeol still hasn't accepted his new life. He is still not getting used to his fate.

A/n This chapter is unedited so please ignore the grammatical errors . So your much awaited Sesoo is here. And Yixing is acting weird lately. And maybe Kyungsoo's heart is melting a little bit due the giant prince. Not so much Chansoo in this chapter but i hope you guys liked it. Wedding bells are going to ring soon, so make sure to stay tuned.

Make sure to comment and tell me what you guys think. And don't forget to vote guys. See you soon!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 4.4K 45
"Look me in my eyes and tell me you don't love me." "It was just an arranged marriage."
344 17 5
Chanyeol and Suho are divorced because Suho asked for it even though Chanyeol did not want to separate from his husband. Some time later Suho has re...
2.6K 94 18
Baekhyun and Chanyeol find the girl of their dreams. Unfortunately, it's the same girl. Find out what happens when a girl is dating two guys but she...