Stubborn Love.

De _WishfulColours_

Gabby had always dreamed of being a firefighter. She did it and she had her best friend at her side. Struggli... Mais

Best Of The Worst Sides.
Deathtrap.
Til Death To Us Part.
Dedication.
Just The Two Of Us.
Just The Two Of Us - Part 2.
Touch Of Evil.
Touch Of Evil. Part 2.
Mon Amour.
A Hell of a Ride.
Gabriella.
Matt.
Breathe Me.
Devils Bargain.
Devils Bargain - Part 2.
Devils Bargain - Part 3.
No Way Out.
No Way Out - Part 2.
Bad At Love.
All The Birds In The Sky.
Beautiful Liar.
Beautiful Liar - Part 2.
Devil In Me.
Obsession.
Destiny.
Dream Big.
Dream Big - Part 2.
Melt Your Headaches, Call It Home.
Storms Of Fabled Foreign Tongues.
No, Worries...?
Just Us.
Let's Go Home.
Come Home.
Innocent.
The Train...
Plead.
Certain Things.
Beautifully Unfished.
I Fall Apart.
Dangerous, Darling.
Glimmer.
Lies.
Lies Part 2.
Emptiness.
Pretty.
Heartache.
The Meaning Of Life.
The Meaning Of Life - Part 2.
Believe In Me.
Family.
Worst Night Of Our Lives.
Turn Off The Lights.
Dreams.
Dreams - Part 2.
Secret For The Mad.
Would You Be So Kind.
Guilty.
My Miracle.
Goodbye My Love.
Help Me.

First Shift.

1.5K 19 3
De _WishfulColours_

"Gabby?" Mum shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes I know mum. I'm trying to sort things out." I sighed, chucking the kit bag on my bed. I filled it with some clothes, some toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, condition and shampoo. I checked everything off my list as it went into the bag. There was only one final thing left and I chucked on some jeans and a jumper as I took my bag downstairs. Mum was cooking, Dad was stood in the middle of the living room, he smiled at me as I came in and dropped my bag on the sofa. I packed the family photo album and hugged Dad.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He sighed.

"Of course I am. I know you don't want me to but come on? This is my dream. I've been training for 6 months. Today is the big day." I smiled.

"I know sweetie. That's why me and your mum are going to come along to see you graduate in." He smiled.

"Seriously?!" I laughed.

"Yes we are." Mum smiled, she handed me a bacon sandwich, Which I ate rather quickly in excitement. After about a hour, we went out and began our 3 hour drive to the fire station where the ceremony would take place. I sat in the back next to my kit bag, the picture album being my only company. Mum sat round slightly and looked at me with a smile.

"So is Peter going to be there today?" She smiled.

"You mean Mills?" I laughed.

"Okay Peter Mills then. I'm going to call him Peter. Well so?"

"Yes mum Peter will be here. Okay calm down? Like I'll introduce to you him later."

"Okay Gab's. Do you think your going to graduate?"

"Hopefully." I smiled, she just smiled at me before turning back around and exchanging a smile with my dad.

*

We got there at half past 9 and there were already loads of people around. We parked up and I was the first to get out the car. Carrying my kit bag. Mum and Dad came and stood by my side. Just as I looked around, Mills came running over and picked me up. I dropped my bag and burst into laughter.

"Mills!!" I laughed.

"Dawson." He smiled.

"You made it then."

"I did yes." I smiled, as he put me down. "This is my mum and dad." He smiled and hugged mum, and shook dad's hand. They both smiled and Mills went back to his family. I had been placed with him ever since I started training. We had become literally best friends. Today was going to be amazing, graduating and becoming one of the team with my best friend. Now the only issue was we might not be on the same truck or house and I really prayed and hoped we would.

"I am going to go and get changed and prepared so I'll come and see you straight after okay?" I smiled.

"Yes good luck sweetie. We'll see you in a few hours." Mum smiled, I hugged them both and ran off after Mills.

"Your parents are nice." He smiled.

"Yeah I agree. I'm coming to meet your family after the ceremony." I laughed.

"Oh are you though?" He smiled, he hugged me quickly before disappearing off after the boys to go get changed, I smiled as he walked off, I ran into my block and found a locker to get sorted out and dressed. After a few minutes there I was standing in a line with the rest of the girls, in my full uniform, my hat and belt set perfectly on. I kept a straight face as we were spoken too.

"You will wait by the stairs in a perfectly straight line and as your name is called you will march onto the stage, stand up straight be greeted, receive your news, say thank you, march off and stand on the parade grounds and wait for the others. Your posture is to be kept upright and straight the entire time. " He shouted.

"Yes Sir." In time, all 6 of us girls shouted perfectly in time. We marched out to the side of the stairs and even standing there, we could see the thousands of peoples sitting there, families and wives and god knows what else. I straight away spotted my mum and dad sitting with Mill's family. I kept my straight face and began my wait. I stood there listening to the different voices. I was number 6 of the girls. The final one, 3 out of us had passed so far. 2 had failed. I was a nervous wreck.

"Peter Mills." The commanding officer's voice echoed through the speakers. I watched him march up and go over to him. "Peter Adam Mills your services to firefighting have been so wonderful. We would like to congratulate you on your pass to serve in Firehouse 51." He smiled, they shook hands and Mills walked off with his new medal on his jacket, a certificate and a new neatly folded American flag.

"Gabriella Dawson." He shouted again, I took a deep breath, getting emotional. I marched over to him as a single tear fell from my cheek onto my boot. I stood up straight in front of him, just waiting nervously. I didn't seem a certificate or anything of that sort. I wasn't sure what to think. "Gabriella Dawson your services to both Firefighting and medical work in paramedic practices have been exceptional. You haven't let being a female lower you down so well down. Congratulations on passing in both of the fields. Your placement is to serve in Firehouse 51." He smiled, shaking my hand. Then he passed me a certificate and a flag and placed 2 medals on my jacket carefully. Just as I he finished, I saluted and marched off next to Mills. He glanced at me and quickly smiled before our focus went straight back to the grounds ahead of us while we waited 45 minutes for the final 20 men to be called out. Out of 46 people only 21 passed the exams. After finally 3 hours the ceremony finished and everyone ran to their families and loved ones. I turned to Mills and hugged him so tightly. Yet again we were going to be together. Firehouse 51 here we come! We went back to our families.

"Well done!!" Was all I heard from everyone. We all just hugged each other and then the most unexpected thing happened.

"Can I take you out for lunch as a well done? All of you?" Mills smiled.

"Of course you can." Mum laughed. So yeah that happened. We all ended up going out for lunch, to a expensive place and Mill's ordered everyone lunch. Of course the parents made us sit together.

*

"Well we start at firehouse 51 in literally 6 hours. I'm so excited." I smiled.

"I can't wait. We do have to go in these dress up outfits though." He laughed.

"That's okay, we get our new stuff when we get there though." I smiled.

"Yeah true. I have a question though? Are you going to be paramedic or firefighter?"

"Yeah well I'm not sure. Whatever they put me as I guess." I laughed. He smiled and we sat laughing and talking together for hours. The meal was good and everything and they took us to the firehouse after the meal.

* * *

I've never been so nervous for something. I got to the firehouse, and Mill's went off a separate way. I went into the main office bit with my bag and there were like a few people sitting around who smiled at me. A blonde girl smiled at me and then went back to cooking. I went and found the locker room and got changed into the new clothes I'd been given. I was wearing a grey shirt, that had a little firehouse 51 symbol in the corner. Blue trousers and black combat boots. I locked everything up in my locker and chucked the key in my blue fleece jacket which I also chucked on before going back in there with everyone. Mills was also stood there. Stood by the window talking to some man.

"Guys right we are here to welcome 2 new guys. Peter Mills and Gabby Dawson." The chief smiled. "I'm chief Bowdon. You have any issues you come and talk to me. Mills your on squad so your under the work of Kelly Severide. Dawson your on ambo 61 with Leslie Shay." He smiled before going out into his office again. The same blonde girl from earlier come over and hugged me.

"Hey I'm Shay."

"Hiya. So we're partners now?"

"We are!" She laughed. Just as I smiled at her we were called out on a call, Chief, Casey and Kelly followed us in the ambo to the scene. I was shaking violently as we jumped out and this woman ran over to us crying and shouting.

"In here. It's my brother." She cried, I grabbed the med bag and ran after her, Shay had to take a step back as it was down to see how I would perform in this situation. I ran in there and threw the bag down next to me as I saw a young boy no older than 6 laying on the floor lifeless, he had his led crushed under a metal box, he was pale, blue lips and god knows what else. Shay had no choice but to step back and watch with the chief and 2 lieutenants and only come in and help if I messed up. I did a primary check, looking for his breathing and checking his pupils. He wasn't even breathing. I started CPR with my elbow and left hand as my right hand focused on getting a line in to his arm, after a few tries I got there and began doing CPR properly and after 10 minutes he had a pulse, I got him dosed up on pain meds when he woke up. I managed to move the metal box off his foot, got that wrapped and strapped up before transferring him to the ambo and giving him blankets to regulate his temp. I shut the doors and they all smiled.

"I'll take him to med with Kelly? You need to get to med with Casey and get checked out." She laughed.

"How comes?" I smiled.

"You've cut your arm open." She smiled, jumping onto the ambo with Kelly. I looked down and turns out I had sliced my entire arm open without even feeling it.

*

We waited in the hospital for a little while and I got my arm cleaned up and then bandaged up. Just had to wait for some medication.

"What made you want to work for us?" Casey smiled.

"Always wanted to be a firefighter, but now here I am a paramedic." I laughed.

"How old are you?"

"19. You?"

"20." He smiled, our eyes stayed on each other for a few brief moments before he looked away, a small smirk lining his lips. I just laughed and got my medication from the nurse before we started our short but slow walk back to the firehouse. He asked me loads of random question the whole way back, but I felt comfortable around him. Like he understood me already. He was sweet and a really good laugh. As soon as we got back Mill's hugged me.

"Thank god your okay." He laughed.

"I'm good. Why wouldn't I be?" I smiled.

"One minute I hear you on a call then your in hospital."

"Oh yeah sorry. It was only because I managed to slice my arm open. But it's okay."

"Yeah it is okay because you managed to save a young boy's life single handled. So well done." He smiled, kissing my head before going off with his new friends again. I went and sat down with Shay again. I had a really good first day. I was so glad off it.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

75.3K 1.5K 61
Based on the season 5 finale and onward to season 6. This story is all about what I think will happen and what I want to happen in the upcoming se...
7.3K 130 173
Second part to my Dawsey: Starting a Family series. Written with assistance from Munchkin251986 At first, Matt and Gabby thought that they could deal...
16K 75 116
A twist on my "Miracles" series. What happened if instead of Gabby having hidden the pregnancy from Matt, she told him? After finding out she got pre...
260K 5.1K 41
Look for Kelly and you'll find Everly. Ever since Everly started at the firehouse her and Kelly have been inseparable. There not a couple even though...