Linstead: Undercover Mission

By chicagopdbabes

Your favorite Detectives take their Undercover skills to Hawaii! Jay and Erin have to portray as newlyweds, w... More

Two Weeks With You
Playing The Part
Not As Beautiful As You
It's The Beginning
He Could Finally Sleep Peacefully
You Were Gone in the Blink of an Eye
She Begged for Him not to Leave Her Side
Whatever You Want, We Will Make It Happen
It Would Become An Everday Tradition
She Needs You
Slowly, it was all Returning to Normal
You Are My Miracle
Our Love is Invincible
Cheers to Milestones
I Am the Dreamer and You Are My Dream
Nature is Even Better Than it Seems
I Am a Better Person Because of You
The Gifts Love Can Give You
These Are The Days We Live For
And So The Adventure Begins
When I Met You, Everything Changed.
We Rise By Lifting Others
I Have Loved You Since Day One
The Past Can Be Our Worst Demon
Thankful For The Family We Have
One Minute You Were Here and Now You're Gone
Our Family is a Circle of Strength
In The End, You'll Always Be Here
The Best Gift is Family Wrapped In Love
A Grand Adventure is About to Begin
The Year's Shadow
Sunday Mornings
Dreams Do Come True
Today Was Long Overdue
The Presents Life Gives You
Living A Two Sided Life
Life Can Go Two Ways
We All Have Our Own Coping Mechanisms
Epilogue

It's Been Too Long, My Dear

2.1K 28 4
By chicagopdbabes

Hey fam!!! So, wow! Thank you all TREMENDOUSLY for the reviews! I figured most of you were quiet readers, just like me! You have no idea how relieved I am you all want me to continue this!

This book is like my baby! At school, people see me as an outgoing and very social girl! But only two people know I write! This book just makes me happy! I plan to at least get this book to sixty chapters!

And I got a few comments on religion, and things in that matter. I do plan to incorporate some religion into this, but not to much. I am open about my religion, and don't mind appropriate questions on it. In the book, the religion will be simple Christianity.

So if there are any suggestions, or things you would like to see happen, I'm all in! Just comment or DM!

Thank you guys! HUGE announcement at the end :)

"How'd you sleep?" Jay kissed Erin's temple, pulling her into his embrace.

Erin sighed into the hug. She slept really good. The best she slept in a while. Having Jaxton in the room next to theirs, being under the same roof; that made Erin beyond happy. "I slept great. How about you?"

Jay caressed her shoulder, teetering back and forth with her, almost like a slow dance. "I slept okay. I checked on Jax a few times. I was worried about him, but every time I went to check on him, he was sound asleep, a smile on his face. You slept like a rock." He smiled, looking into her groggy eyes.

Erin giggled. "Awh, does Jay have a soft side?" Jay shook his head. "Did you really check on Jax? I feel like a terrible mother not checking on him once. I didn't even wake up." Erin began to feel guilty.

"Erin, you're not a terrible mother! Never! You were tired, and both of you were chatter boxes last night; so you both were passed out." Jay laughed, pressing his lips to hers, capturing themselves in a moment. They took gentle sips of each other, kissing each other lovingly. Both of them were so excited to add Jaxton to their family.

"Are you both always this happy?" Erin and Jay jumped back from each other.

"Jaxton, hey!" Jay smiled, wrapping his arm around Erin's waist. "We usually are happy. I make breakfast almost every morning and we talk to each other about everything. It's how we work together. If you stay in communication and love the other person, it'll work out." Jay let Erin go, walking back to the stove, slipping French toast and three pieces of bacon on each plate.

Jaxton nodded, walking over to the fridge and pouring a glass of orange juice into a cup from the cupboard. "You guys seem like the parents who will wear face paint for my sporting events." Jax laughed, taking a seat at one of the three barstools.

"Who says we won't?" Jay smiled, placing the plates on the bar stools. "Do you want syrup?"

Jaxton grinned wickedly. "One step ahead of you, Jay." He dramatically lifted the syrup bottle onto the counter, both Erin and Jay laughing.

All three of them sat down eating breakfast. "So, how did you sleep bud?" Jay looked over to Jaxton, who was sitting in between him and Erin.

Jaxton held up his hand. He finished chewing his food, and began to talk. "Really well! The bed is so comfy! And I really liked the tv in the room. I'm used to falling asleep watching ESPN, so it was good. And grandma or papa never made breakfast. It was always cereal."

Jay nodded. "Good! I think Erin was a little nervous last night. She really wants you to like it here so we can adopt you. And as for the food, I usually make breakfast at least three out of five days, so don't worry about that."

Jaxton smiled. "Erin, why were you so worried? You should know, I really like it here. And I want to be part of the family. You guys already feel like my parents."

"I'm just worried because I don't want to screw it up, that's all. And I'm relieved! I was scared you didn't like it here." Erin explained. She was just nervous. She had never had taken care of a child before, besides Teddy, but that didn't count. What counted was this was a child. A son. Their son. She had to take care of him and help when he needed help.

"Erin, I'm here to stay. That won't change. I'm really excited you and Jay will be my parents. I love you guys."

Erin mentally took a deep breathe. She wasn't sure how good of a mother she would be. In her defense, she never had a good role model for either parents. "Jax, I'm going to warn you of one thing. With our jobs, Jay and I are always on call. So if we get a crime scene at three in the morning, we go. If it's after school, we go. If that does happen, you'll either come to the district with us, or you could stay with your Uncle Justin and Aunt Olive."

He looked at Erin and Jay. District? "Sounds good to me. What is the district and who is Uncle Justin and Aunt Olive?"

"Or, we always have Will and Nat, Er." Jay reminded her.

Erin nodded. "Right, how could I forget! And the district is where we work. You would either hang out with Platt, or you could just chill in the break room. And Uncle Justin is my brother. He is a personal trainer. As for Aunt Olive, she is an RN. She works with Uncle Will. You'll meet him when you move in. He's Jay's brother, and Nat is his fiancé. You may attend the wedding. It's in February."

"So, will I have to spend the night at the district?" Jaxton was confused. His grandparents were always home by seven. Well, for the most part.

"No, not usually. We will either take you to Will's or if he's on shift, Justin can come over here so we don't wake you." Erin smiled. "But either way, we will always be here for you. You come before our job." Erin reassured Jaxton he would always be there priority.

"And Jaxton, she is just exaggerating. It rarely happens where we get a call at nine a.m." Jay rolled his eyes.

"It's okay. I don't really mind. I'm just excited to move in and have real parents!"

"We love you, buddy. Thank you for wanting to become part of our lives." Erin kissed his head.

"Are you kidding me? I'm beyond thankful! Thank you, for becoming my mom and dad. I'll always love you guys for this."

##############

"Erin, how have you been? It's been almost a month!" Dr. Gorelik asked.

Erin's appointments got pushed to once a month. Hank's orders.

"It's been going great! Jay and I are happily dating, and we met a boy." Erin blushed. She was so happy. The happiest she has been in a few months.

Dr. Gorelik tilted his head. "A boy?"

"Yes! We were working a case a few weeks ago and his grandparents were murdered by the same people who murdered his parents six years ago. Jay and I are adopting!" Erin clapped.

"Adopting? How did this come about?"

"Well, after Jay and I took a nap, I woke up and sprung the idea on him. And he actually took it well. His name is Jaxton. He is twelve, almost thirteen. He spent the night last night, and it was perfect! We all fell asleep on the couch, and it just felt right. The papers were approved last week, so he should be with us by November first. We have to sign the papers down at the courthouse in a few weeks. It's all exciting, and everyone supports us." Erin's eyes shined.

A smile rolled into Dr. Gorelik's lips. "I'm happy for you Erin. You have always wanted kids, and now here you start. Do you want to adopt again, or in the future are you and Jay planning to conceive?"

"Thank you. And, once Jay and I are engaged we would love to start trying. We'd like to have two of our own. Not that Jaxton isn't our own. He will be treated the same as the others, but you know what I mean. Our lease is up in January, so we are already looking into a four bedroom home, preferably in the suburbs." Erin explained.

"That's good. How do you feel about adopting Jaxton?"

"I feel good. Yes, it came out of nowhere, but Jay and I are ready. We've been through so much as a couple, I don't see what could get in our way."

Dr. Gorelik shook his head. "Erin, listen. Leave Jay out of the equation for a minute."

Erin nodded.

"What do you think of adopting Jaxton? Just you. I don't even want to hear Jay's name. This is about you, Erin."

"I'm happy. Everyone has always said I've had a connection with kids. But when I was little, I didn't have a good childhood. You know that. But just knowing how it feels to loose parents, or not have any at all who care, it just makes me want to help kids even more. Whenever I see kids who are hurt, I just see me fifteen years ago before Voight took me in. And with Jax, I felt something I've never felt before. How do I even describe it? It just felt right when I wrapped my arms around him. And I'm beyond happy to make him my son. I finally get to have more responsibility. I've always contemplated on if I would be a good mom. I just can't turn into Bunny. She wrecked me. At age fifteen I was at parties having sex! Jaxton deserves better than some foster home. And it isn't just coincidental that he came to our lives. Yes, we meet hundreds of victims, but I'm just saying that Jaxton is special. I know it. Hank knows it! And Jax is happy and excited to live with us!" Did she need to say more to convince him she was sure about this?

"See Erin, that's all I wanted to hear. And I understand that you're nervous about turning out like Bunny, but why? She hasn't been around for what, two years, Erin? When is the last time you saw her? Or your dad?" Erin had not spoken about her dad once with him.

"Yeah, about two years ago. I agreed to have dinner with her, but about ten minutes into it she was badmouthing Hank and threatening me. I got up and left. She said I'd regret that, but I've never heard from her." Erin shook her head at the memory. "And I haven't heard from my dad in three or four. He moved somewhere I guess. He never like me or Hank. He got into a fight with Hank when he found out where I was staying. Hank told him to leave or he'd see what the bottom of the river looks like. I haven't seen him since then."

"What about Hank's wife, Camille? Is she still around?" Dr. Gorelik asked.

Erin nodded. "Yes. She actually comes back today. The past nine months she has been on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic. She knows I was abused, but not the full extent. She could catch a flight home to come see me. But we are all going over to dinner at Hank's house.

He smiled. "That's great, Erin. Do you and Camille get along?"

She smiled eagerly. "We are like mother and daughter. She's the mother I wish I had met younger. I've missed her so much. And she has only met Jay once, so now it will be nice to have an adult dinner before Jaxton becomes ours in a few weeks."

Camille had met Jay a year ago at the annual Districts of Chicago Christmas Galleria. Their was three shifts at every precinct, and three different galleries, one for each shift to enjoy.

Erin pulled Jay against her arm, leading him through the crowds of officers from all over Chicago.

"Er, where are we going?" Jay asked curiously, not having a clue.

"There's someone I want you to meet." She smiled, Jay's eyes widening at that smile he loved so deeply.

"It's not a boyfriend, is it? I won't like him." Jay laughed, halting to a stop. His arm was linked around Erin's, the partners looking elegant that snowy evening.

"Camille!" A woman, appeared to be in her late 40s, turned around, her champagne dress brightening her tan skin.

"Erin, dear." She hugged Erin, before looking over to Jay. "Who's this?"

"This is Jay, my partner. Jay, this is Camille, Hank's wife. Practically my mother." Erin smiled brightly, seeing the two people she cherished meet.

Camille eyed Erin before giving Jay a hug. "Partners, huh? He is definitely a keeper."

Erin's cheek started heating up. "Just partners, Camille. "Erin took another sip of her wine, her second glass of the night.

"Right...." she nodded suspiciously. "Erin, watch what you drink. I don't want you to get into an accident, honey."

"I got her, Camille. We took my car. When I take her home, I'll make sure she makes it into her apartment safe." Jay reassured. He and Erin always took one car. It made it more special.

"Thank you, Jay. She's quite the handful." Camille laughed.

"You have no idea." Jay smiled, caressing Erin's side.

Erin smiled remembering the first time they met. "But all four of us want to start doing lunch or dinner once a week. We have all missed her. I'm excited for her to see how happy and I Jay are, and she will be a grandma."

"I can tell."

Hey guys!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Next one next week, with some Camille and a crazy case.

The BIG announcement is I inherited a fan account on Instagram! The previous owner, a dear friend, needed to leave for personal reasons!

The instagram is: chicagopdbabes

Have a great week y'all! And if you want, I'm live streaming on insta tomorrow at 8 CT! Come watch and get to know me :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 1.4K 56
This story will be about detective Jay Halstead and detective Erin Lindsay from NBC Chicago PD. This story is about their everyday lives being hero's...
37.5K 396 60
A story from the beginning linstead and what it would be like if Erin hadn't left chicago. Se você não fala fala inglês veja a original em português...
17.7K 318 12
Hi Everyone! I am a huge fan of Chicago PD and Linstead. This story is my perspective of what Jay and Erin's life would be like if One Day Is Today...
65.6K 720 32
Jay and Erin have feelings for each other will they start a relationship? if they do will they tell Voight or go behind his back?