The Last Princess

By kakpie291203

amazing cover by @ellebonnett #1 Fantasy 1/20/2018 *warning* completely unedited, so proceed with caution EDI... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Epilogue
Author's Note
The General's Wife
Bonus Chapter : Panic

Chapter 6

92.9K 4.7K 387
By kakpie291203

Fifty lashes later, Ivy and Branch left. Only Forreston and I were left.

I would never, in my whole life, be able to forget the sound of the whip being drawn out from his belt.

Usually, it was handed to his mother or father, but today, he got to do the honors.

No matter how many times they did this, it always hurt. A lot.

And yet I was determined not to scream. I never did, because they took that as an act of submission and left. And much as I would like that, there was no way I would ever submit to them.

So there I was, biting my lip so hard it was bleeding, while Forreston aimed the whip at my back. The stings burned, and they were perfectly timed, so there was no breathing space to get over one lash before another came.

My back, I was sure, was a bloody mess, the back of my gown torn away. This was the main reason I never wore deep-backed dresses. The scars were all too visible.

"Seventy." Forreston said. I could hear the grin in his voice. Obviously to remind me, because I could not count in my present state. All I could do was cling to the stones of the already bloodied wall and keep from collapsing.

The most they had ever done was five hundred lashes, two years ago, when I had tried to escape with Juniper. I nearly died then.

I didn't even remember it.

It had crossed one hundred.

I could barely keep myself up. My legs were weakening bit by bit, sinking slowly to the more merciful stones. I knew I couldn't hold out much longer.

"Done yet?" Forreston asked mockingly.

"Don't even think about it." I said raggedly, though inside I was screaming 'Yes!' So he continued, until about hundred-forty. I took a ragged gasp as my legs gave away under me.

I collapsed on the stone floor, banging my head, though that was nothing compared to my back. I heard Forreston give a satisfied sigh above me, and I heard his footsteps fading away.

I clutched my side, gasping. I couldn't handle this.

Then I thought of my sisters- mostly Juniper. She gave me strength. Her voice floated back to me, 'El, you can do it! Be brave!'

I heeded her advice, and the last thought I had was, 'This is the man in charge of our Forest.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

578 106 46
The day of her birth she was given away . Her royal lineage hidden from , her power hidden from her and her fate hidden from her . After finding out...
6.1K 308 45
Old feuds, new worlds, and a love that will last a lifetime... Ever since her dad mysteriously abandoned her family, life on the Clifton Estate hasn'...
14 0 12
Princess Elara is finally a teenager, but the scars that the Court of Shadows left on her never truly leave her to be. Then as the sun sets on her si...
13.5K 882 59
This is the last instalment in Julia's story. 15 months have passed since Julia was taken by a foreign country. While waiting for her kings to come...