Princess and the Pauper (Jack...

By misspyknic

A Princess is for a Prince. But this time, this Princess is for the Pauper. Copyrights go to → misspyknic (th... More

Princess and the Pauper (Jackunzel)
Chapter 1: Bread For the Family
Chapter 2 : Little Visit in Town
Chapter 3: Another Visit
Chapter 4: Princess Lessons
Chapter 5: Mistakened Guard
Chapter 6: Garden Activities
Chapter 7: Canvas
Chapter 8: Upcoming Tenth
Chapter 9: Choice of Words
Chapter 10: The Day Before
Chapter 11: Written In My Heart
Chapter 12: The Day
Chapter 13: Help Her Out
Chapter 14: The Masked Man
Chapter 15: Alfred
Chapter 17: On the Way
Chapter 18: Wait For It
Chapter 19: Rogue Rebels
Chapter 20: Darkness
Chapter 21: Choices
Chapter 22: Paralysis
Chapter 23: Declaration Of Hope

Chapter 16: Away He Went

93 3 0
By misspyknic

~*~Rapunzel~*~

I scurried away from the ballroom, away from all the horrid madness. I can't even breathe in there. Carefully searching my surroundings, I head up to the terrace and took a break from the suffocating atmosphere inside. I need time away from that horrible King. I sat down on the staircase and removed my shoes by manner of kicking it away from me. 

"Jack." I whispered his name. How I wish he was here.

"Why do you call for me princess?" 

I turn around and see Jack standing with the moon shining over him. "Jack! What are you doing here?" I asked and he sat beside me. "You called, remember?" He said and I chuckled. "That's true... I thought you were still inside making diplomats believe you're a prince." I said and he smirked. "But what if I am?" He said and I locked my eyes onto his. He doesn't look like he was joking, but I'll go with the flow.

"Yeah right. The South Kingdom is just made up. I've studied maps to know that an isolated kingdom is make-believe. Even a three-year old could know!" I said.

"Your parents didn't. Are they a pair of  toddlers then?"

I smacked him and he laughed it out. "Rapunzel, this may be the last time we'll see each other. I'm heading back home, and I'm never returning here." He said and I kind of got concerned with the way he said it. Now this time, he really isn't joking. "Your village is just close. I can visit there anytime I want. What's with this drama?" I said, getting a little nervous with what he's gonna say next. 

"No, I'm going to my real home. I'm going to take back what I own." He was serious.

"So, was the thing about you saving me a lie?" I asked, getting a little teary-eyed.

He hushed me, and flicked my tears away from my eyes. "I'm saving you this way." He said and reached for his ankle. He untied his anklet and gave it to me. "Don't get it burned, frozen or lost. Because if you do, I might get burnt, frozen or lost as well. I entrust my life to you, princess." He said and I clutched the anklet in my hands. 

"How many times have I told you to call me Rapunzel?" I told him.

"Just about ten times? Or 5? You nag me so much I lost count!" He said and I kicked him.

I observe his anklet. It was so old, yet still beautiful. "You're going to come back for me, aren't you?" I asked and he nodded. "Why would I leave you behind?" He said and held my hand. It got me a little nervous, but as he pecked my hand I realized this wasn't so bad after all. "Hey Rapunzel, do me a favor one last time." He asked and I nodded. "Close your eyes and count to ten. Don't open them until you're done counting." He said and I did as he said.

I felt his hand let go of mine, and my face being brushed. Just as I was counting to five, he gave my forehead a peck and then left so swiftly. I opened my eyes and he was nowhere to be found. I open my other hand to reveal the anklet he gave me earlier. I thought it was a dream...

I went back to the ballroom, and most guests have left already. Some stayed for chitchat and catching up on the old times. "Rapunzel! There you are!" I turn back to see my father and mother very angry. "Yes..?" I mutter and they grabbed my hand. "Where were you? We were so worried you disappeared! Even the King was worried, but he had matters to attend to that's why he didn't have time to search for you." Mother said and I let my hand go. 

"Is it that Prince Nicholas? Really, you shouldn't get too close to that man. I feel he has something treacherous waiting for you!" Father said and I got tired of it.

"Father! You can never judge someone by a sentence or two." I said.

He scowled at me, saying "You are never to leave your room tomorrow!" And I stormed off. What a birthday! I locked myself in my room, just as he wants me to. I gaze outside my window and open it just to let a gust of wind blow into my room. I tied my clothes, my bed sheets, my stockings and everything I could find worthy of tying. I dropped it outside my window and it was just a feet above the ground! I could make it. I tied the other end to my bed stand.

I changed my attire for a more appropriate one, and took a hand bag and filled it with my necessities. Just as I was about to go out, I heard a knock on my door. Of course, I panicked and froze. "Princess? I' here to bring you food." I was relieved it was just Martha. I opened the door and immediately let her in.

"Princess? Where are you going?--" I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Shh! I'm going to Jack's family. I need to run away from this damned place." I said.

Martha tapped my hand to let her talk and I did. "Were you trying to suffocate me?" She asked and I apologized. "Does you father know about this...rebellion?" She asked and I slumped down and shook my head. "He doesn't even listen." I said. "He needs to know." Martha said and tapped me behind. "But you're free to do anything you want while you're eighteen. I also do not like that supposed 'husband' they decided for you. I always tell my kids to choose who they love. That's where they'll be happiest!" She said and I hugged her tight.

"Oof! Alright now, be safe princess!" She said and I stood on the ledge of the window.

"Bye Martha!" I exclaimed and just as I was about to hop down, she stopped me.

"Wait! No, no! Go out the back door! I'll tell Pendleward about this. He is someone you can trust, right?" She said and I nodded. "I'm also kind of undecided about this." I said and followed her to the back door of the palace kitchen. "Pendleward! The princess must go see Jack!" Martha said, waking up Sir Pendleward and he got shaken. He took his glasses and yawned heavily.

"What are you thinking? Sneaking the princess out!" He said in an angry whisper.

"You have to understand, she must see Jack." Martha said and Sir Pendleward looked at me.

"Is that true?" He asked me and I nodded. "I have to see him before he goes away! I might be too late now." I said and he sighed heavily. "Go if you must. Martha, return to your chambers. As for you princess, be safe. Your parents might go nuts and search the whole kingdom. Be back by sunrise." He said and I nodded and went out the back door. I went to the stables, took a horse and rode down to the village. I was swift and I had nothing in my mind besides reaching Jack in just the nick of time.

The moment I arrived at the village, everything was so quiet. My horse galloped through streets and finally, I reached the Overlands' house. I step down from m horse and knocked on their door, breathing heavily. I heard sniffs of a woman and suddenly, my heartbeat got faster. Am I late once more?

"Who is it?" It must be Jack's mother.

"Jack's mother? I'm Rapunzel." I said and the door suddenly opened.

Her eyes were swollen, and her nose was as red as a tomato. "My, your majesty! What are you doing here so early in the morning?" She said, trying to hide the fact she cried. "I last saw your son few hours ago. He left, didn't he?" I asked her and she nodded. "Yes, just 30 minutes ago before you came." She said and I clenched my fists. I was too late. "Where had he gone to? Do you know?" I asked but she didn't answer. I want to comfort her for a second.

"You can tell me anything, if you want. I'm here to comfort you." I told her.

"It's hard to lose a husband, but when Jack went away, it's even harder to lose a child." She said, crying again.

I pat her back to reassure her she's not alone on this journey. It's hard to also lose a friend, a shoulder you can cry on from time to time. "Where did he go? Did he mention it to you?" I asked her when she's a lot calmer. "He told me he was going to the Mune Kingdom and find justice for his father." Caitlyn said, becoming a little emotional again. "Don't worry, I'll go get him." I said and she grabbed my hand.

"Please, don't let him make the same mistakes his father did." She said and I nodded.

"I don't know what kind of mistakes his father left behind, but I know he's a good man, just like your son." I told her and she smiled. "Quite frankly. He really was a good man." She said, hugging her husband's portrait, and also Jack's old picture. "They look alike so much." She said and I nodded. "You're right. The resemblance is so close." I said, staying by her to comfort her. Suddenly, a door swung open and Emma came out of the room. 

"Princess Rapunzel? You're here!" She exclaimed, hugging me.

"Hi Emma! How are you?" I asked her, brushing her hair off her face. 

She looked around and gently asked her mom a question that we both didn't answer. "Where's Jack, mom?" Caitlyn looked at me and sighed. "He went off." She said and I didn't do anything. "Where to? I bet he's sleeping in near the stables again!" She said and laughed, and I had no choice but to laugh with her. "I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. I'm going now." I said, standing up from the couch. 

"Why so soon? I just woke up! I want to play with you more." Emma said and I ruffled her hair.

"Your brother needs someone to tell him when it's time to come home!" I told her and she laughed.

"I'm gonna scold him!" She said and Caitlyn smiled. "Be safe princess!" They both said as I depart back to my kingdom. All I have in my mind is how to get Jack home. 

_____________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 1.4K 102
This is the college life in the eyes of every Disney character you've ever known. Experience their romance, failures, messed up magic things I can't...
5.1K 359 28
Elsa Winters and Jack Frost were best friends. Until Elsa left him. Finally after years of staying apart, Elsa reunites with her old friends. All bu...
30K 1.2K 12
You are in Tangled!!
4.1K 223 23
Jack Frost should have everything. He's the son to a well paid businessman, he had a beautiful younger sister and a caring mother. But life isn't wha...