Percabeth: A New Beginning

By Lward14

Set after the war against Gaea, Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase are graduating college and have started thei... More

Graduations and Monsters
A Proposal
Camp Half Blood Wedding
The Honeymoon
A Day of Surprises
The Name Game
It's a...
Jiper Wedding
Jackson #2 & Grace #1
House Hunters
Zoe's First Birthday!
Jackson Twins
The First Day of Preschool
Toddling Into Big News
Jackson Number 5
The First Day of Kindergarten
Date Night
Luke Goes to Camp
Fourth of July
Christmas in San Francisco
My Best Friend's Secret
Wisdom or Sea?
Congratulations...Rachel?
Taylor Goes to Kindergarten
The Jacksons and Others Worldwide Part 1
The Jacksons and Others Worldwide Part 2
No Weapons Required
The Biggest Mistake Part 1
The Biggest Mistake Part 2
What Could Happen?
Sneak Peek

Dinner Epidemics

3.2K 32 15
By Lward14

Percy's POV

Family dinners. There's nothing on earth more complicated yet more rewarding than having a sit down dinner with my crazy family. Annabeth had spent a the last hour making meatloaf. Everyone loved her dinners, they were delicious. I told her to become a chef and quit architecture, she slapped me for that comment.

The first Wednesday of March, a few weeks before Taylor's first birthday. Annabeth decided to make meatloaf for dinner. Everyone was excited, except Zoe. She couldn't stand meatloaf, I think she'd rather eat insects instead.

From the kitchen, I watched her and Luke run around outside, Silena wanted to help Annabeth with dinner. Taylor and I sat on the floor surrounded by toys and Charlie who was watching Finding Nemo. Annabeth let Silena wash the dishes which seemed to satisfy both cooks. "Percy, can you call Zoe and Luke inside please. It's time for dinner." Annabeth called.

I picked up Taylor and sat her down in her highchair, Annabeth had blended together some meatloaf and peas for Taylor to eat. Annabeth hated buying baby food, she liked to make her own because it was healthier for Taylor. She had done that with all our kids, which is why they're such good eaters, well, maybe not Zoe.

"Luke! Zoe! Dinner's ready!" I shouted from the kitchen window. I rounded up my two year old twins before Luke and Zoe thundered through the kitchen to take their seats at our round, wooden dinner table.

Annabeth gave each of us plates and Zoe's reaction was priceless when she saw her least favorite meal set in front of her face. "Can I eat leftovers?" She asked Annabeth, who just sat down on the opposite side of the table.

"No Zoe, you have to eat your meatloaf." Annabeth groaned, she was not in the mood to deal with this right now.

Zoe crossed her arms and shut her mouth. She wasn't going to eat this time, "Zoe it's yummy, come on eat your meatloaf." Luke tried to encourage her, but he knew he couldn't influence her this time.

"No." Zoe scowled.

"Zoe Thalia Jackson you will eat your meatloaf right now or no school tomorrow." Annabeth threatened. Zoe looked at her, I was afraid of the glare Annabeth was giving Zoe. But Zoe was not scared of her mother.

"No."

"That's it!" Annabeth shouted, "get over here now!" Annabeth stood up and grabbed Zoe by her arm who was giving her mother an even scarier look than Annabeth could ever give. She dragged Zoe into the other room, I heard her saying something to Zoe, but no one at the table could understand even though we had gone dead silent.

"Daddy, why is Zoe being weird?" Silena asked.

"I'm not sure, she's never liked meatloaf. Just don't follow her example, not this time ok kids." I whispered to them. 

"Meatloaf is yummy." Charlie stated his opinion.

"Yeah, I love meatloaf." Luke said.

"Well your sister does not. Come on eat up, they're coming back." I instructed as we all shoved a forkful of meatloaf into our mouths.

Zoe stomped her feet as loud as she could. She does this whenever she's really angry, and Annabeth looked exhausted and furious. Not a good combination. We were all quiet for a moment before Zoe broke the silence, "I'm not eating dinner!"

Annabeth slowly looked up from her food and gave Zoe the most menacing death glare I've ever seen, she stabbed her fork into the table! Right into table! "I can't do it anymore Percy! You deal with her!" Annabeth cried, she stood up and stormed off.

Zoe turned to me, "do I have to eat it daddy?"

"Yes Zoe you have to. Why don't you like it? Your mom makes the best meatloaf ever."

"I dunno. It tastes gross. Why is yours blue?" Zoe pointed to my dinner.

"Because I've always eaten blue food, ask grandma why the next time you see her." I smiled, thinking of my mom.

"Can I try?" Zoe stood up.

"Sure, here." I gave her a spoonful of my blue meat loaf.

She chewed and swallowed it, thinking about whether or not liked it. "One more please." She opened her mouth. I fed it to her again, her eyes widened, "mmm. Yummy."

"Zoe, if I gave you blue meatloaf would you eat it all?" I asked her, I was having a breakthrough.

"Yes." Zoe's eyes sparkled.

"Ok let me get some." I grabbed her plate and cut a piece of the blue meatloaf and set it down in front of Zoe.

She wolfed it down, "thanks daddy."

"You're welcome, I guess you like blue food just like me." I chuckled. The kids laughed with me around the table.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be just like you, daddy!" Zoe exclaimed.

"That's great sweetie." I grinned at her. The other kids and I all began talking and laughing. I asked Luke and Zoe about school. Soon enough, we had all finished our dinner. I sent the kids outside to play while I was dancing with Taylor in the kitchen as I was doing the dishes. I spun around and Taylor gave me a big grin, her soft blonde hair caught all the light and her grey eyes twinkled in amusement.

I turned around again to see Annabeth leaned against one of the sides of the arch that led into the kitchen. "Hey wise girl. Calmed down a bit?" I gave her a smirk.

She rolled her eyes but couldn't resist a smile, "I think so, did everyone eat dinner?"
Annabeth asked, eyeing the table with her lone plate still sitting there.

"Yep I got Zoe to eat her meatloaf, all of it!" I beamed with pride.

"What?! How!" Annabeth gasped.

"Let's just say double the blue food intake." I laughed.

Annabeth smacked her face with her hand, "Percy, I thought we agreed that we would not let our kids eat blue food. I already have one weirdo, I don't need anymore."

"Hey, the goal was to get her to eat meatloaf, and I did. You had to know that one of our kids would eat blue food." I told her with a mellow tone in my voice.

"I guess so, but...I...I don't know." Annabeth sniffled.

I put my dishes down and set Taylor on the floor, I took Annabeth's hands in mine. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"How do you do it?" Annabeth coughed.

"Do what?" I squeezed her hands.

"Do that with Zoe? How does she always listen to you? Why does she always want you to take her to preschool or anywhere? You can get her to do anything you want her to and I have no control over her. What did you do to get her like that?" Annabeth asked her voice was shaking, she leaned into my chest and began to cry.

I stroked her hair and pulled her closer, "Annabeth it's ok."

"No it's not. I want Zoe to respect and listen to me like she does with you. Percy, she didn't cry on the first day of preschool. She pulled away from our hug, what did I do wrong with her?"

"You haven't done anything wrong Annabeth. You've been the perfect mother to Zoe and the rest of our kids. She's just more independent and not as lovey dovey as the others. And that's great, that's what makes her unique. Remember when the empousa attacked her? They said she was going to be different from the others. I hate to say it but they were right, she's always going to be a little different from everyone else. But that makes her special. Don't worry about it, with time, you and her will closer on a different level than the rest of our kids. Keep doing what you're doing, she, Luke, Charlie, Silena, and Taylor will all turn out perfect." I said, stroking her soft, lemon scented blonde hair.

"You think so?" Annabeth sniffled, her grey eyes glazed with tears met mine.

"I know so, she's a lot like you Annabeth. She's going to be the toughest out of our kids, but she gets that from you, remember from when we were younger? You never told anyone what was going on, you covered it up by acting tough. Zoe is going to be just like that, and that's good. Because that is one of many reasons why I love you." I brushed a tear away from her cheek with my thumb.

"Thanks Percy, that helps a lot. But I'm not to thrilled about making more blue food." Annabeth suffered a laugh. I kissed her, her lips were soft and wet against mine. I pulled away, Annabeth slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me. I laced my hand in hers and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Percy. Where's Taylor?" Annabeth asked.

"Uh." I looked around, I saw her by the glass door that led to the backyard where all the kids were running around. "By the door. I think Taylor wants to play."

Annabeth stepped away and picked her up. "Oh my goodness you've gotten heavy."
Annabeth wheezed, I laughed at her comment.

Annabeth walked back into the kitchen and grabbed my hand. I looked at Taylor, I had never realized how much she looked like her mother. I was pretty sure we hadn't cloned Annabeth, they had the same eyes, same hair, same facial features. "What are you staring at seaweed brain?"

"Our daughter, she looks exactly like you."

Annabeth glanced down at Taylor who rested her head on Annabeth's shoulder and yawned. "Yeah, you're right." Annabeth kissed her head.

The three of us stood there in the kitchen, just staring out the window. Watching our kids play in the yard, we didn't say a word, but it was ok. The warm atmosphere in the kitchen was all Annabeth and I needed while our loud, noisy kids ran all over the yard until the stars began to twinkle overhead in the ink black sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 3.9K 32
[COMPLETED] 『M.M.D』 Stands For Mortals Meet Demigods. • Why don't you start reading it? Open the book! Whaat- No I'm not kidnapping you, Gods, your m...
882K 14K 55
Annabeth Chase is your average junior at Goode High School. She gets straight A's, and you will never find her sitting in detention. Her best friend...
1.7K 47 10
i) yes the title is intentional ii) just the stuff that pops into my brain so i write it down iii) i take suggestions on headcanons and one shits yo...
54.3K 1.3K 10
Annabeth moves back to her old school. Goode High. The place she was forced away from because her dad got a job in California. The place that she ha...