The Cages

By jellybeans111

There was 50 of them.... Cages pressed back to back in this big, damp basement. What filled these cages? Huma... More

Scarlet's attempt
Your Turn
The Arena
The after effects

The Cages

984 6 0
By jellybeans111

"What am I doing here! Help me! Somebody!" The yelling is placed with gasping sobs. Great. They have another one. Another girl to torture and kill. Too bad she woke me up.

"Well ladies what do we have going on today," the ugly guard said rattling our cage. Of course all the guards are male and  they can do whatever they want to us. Alexa, a girl in my cage,  is pregnant by one of them. She's been here for 5 months and is 16 years old. In the middle of her second month the main guard took her to his room upstairs to do with her as he pleased. When she came back she would just stare not do anything. I had to force her to eat. When the guards came she would huddle in the corner sobbing. They would just laugh calling her trash. On some days I would jump at them calling every curse word I could think of, swinging my arms through the 7 inch gap between the bars.

I've been in this cage for 3 and half months. How do I know that? Well they tell us. The guards make sure we know so that we realize how long until we actually fight. I have around one to two months left.

About a week ago Tabitha, another girl I was sharing a cage with, was taken. It was about her fifth month and she didn't make the first round.

"Why don't you tell us guard? Since you are the all-knowing," my friend Kelly smarted off. I looked at her from my sitting position on the cement floor, her bright red hair clinging to her head with a smirk on her scared face. The scar was from when she smarted off to a guard and he hit her with the end of one of their long tasers. It went through her cheek but she never backed down.

"Girl I am tired of your mouth! I should just- just- well-" He tried saying but continued to get more flustered.

"Let it go Hal, she will only be here for a couple of weeks." The other guard said motioning for his buddy to follow him. The guard saying that made me realize that Kelly was half way through her 4th month.

"Nice one again Kelly!" Brit exclaimed with a grin on her face. Her dark brown hair was the same color as mine except hers was straight as mine was wavy. She turned to me with her bright blue eyes, "You haven't been saying much today, Brea. Your brown eyes are unusually dark today. Are you feeling okay?" You can say Brit was sort of a hippie.

"Well I was sleeping about two minutes ago and I am fine. Who is the new girl?" I asked truly curious.

"Bright blond hair, about 5'1", probably not even 15 yet. Its a shame that they take them that young, not even old enough to experience life," she said sadly shaking her head. 

"I know, but one day someone will put it to an end. So what is going on today?" My question was met with a snarl.

"It’s shower day," Brit spat. Everyone hated shower day. We had to strip to our underwear as they squirted us with the cold water that came out of the hose they had. It was awful. Once a week they did this and once a month they would give us soap and make us strip totally naked. I grimaced at the thought.

I looked over to Alexa and noticed she was doing a little better. Her stomach was starting to get that baby bump. I was truly worried that the baby was not getting the nutrition it needed. They only give us two meals here and it is usually just a slice of meat or a piece of bread. If you are closer to the fighting mark they give you whole sandwiches or chicken legs to beef us up. Because of this Tabitha gave half of her meal to Alexa as did I. Well until Tabitha was gone, now Kelly helps out.

"Hey, Scarlet. Are you ready for shower day?" I yelled into the cage next to me. We always associated with our "neighbors."

"I guess you could say that. At least my hair will quit dangling in strings on my back!" She replied. Her hair went past her butt and was platinum blond. Her green eyes stared at me through the bars of her cage. This is her 5th almost 6th month and she has been to the stadium twice now.

I just smirked and turned away to the sound of feet stomping. There is only one thing that, that could mean, the Boss. He came down personally to take the girls to the stadium; he wants to look over the girl to see if she would actually have a chance in the stadium against her opponent. It is rumored that the only reason why he does it is to bet on the one who is most likely to win. Everyone tensed up wondering who the next victim was. Luckily he stopped at the front of the room, around cages 10-15. 

The screaming from the girl was crazy. She was begging not to be sent up there, saying she would do anything. It went on until the door slammed blocking out her screams, but you could still hear the sobbing of her cell mates.

I noticed all the girls in my cage standing; Alexa, Brit, Kelly, and Jamie. Our cage was one of the fullest.

"It’s ok guys, not us. Not yet anyways," Jamie said. She was only 13 with sandy blond hair and freckles, probably five foot exactly. She was way mature beyond her age, but when you are in this situation you have to be. She has been in here for only a month now. I told her how everything goes down and instantly she began training by doing 200 crunches, 150 push-ups , 100 pull ups (we use the cage's top bars), and jogs in place for a long time. As time passed, her exercises became more intense. Sometimes the others join her, knowing this may be the only way to survive, but I always do them with her. Already, she has a six pack and her biceps are pretty big.

Jamie turned to me, giving me a sad smile. I returned it with a shrug. I slowly sat down next to Alexa asking her how she was doing.

"I'm doing okay thanks to you. I hope I get out of here," She said giving me a thankful glance and then looking into empty space. I sat there instead of getting up. Before I could stop it my mind was zooming to when the Boss' minions captured me.....

It was a hot day in August. I was at the park with my little brother, Tray so he could get his energy out before Mom went crazy. Not surprisingly there was only one person at the park which was old man Henry who slept on the bench.

The ice cream truck came jingling by and Tray gave me the cutest puppy dog eyes. I remember laughing, giving him a five dollar bill and rubbing his head. He gave me the biggest hug an eight year old could give. I was watching him walk to the truck when I was grabbed from behind and drug to the woods.

"You cooperate or your little brother dies," the man said from behind me. I nodded as he put a gag in my mouth and tied my hands behind my back. From the park I could hear Tray calling my name. I started to panic, but remembered what the crazed man said. I forced myself to stay calm knowing our parents didn't need both of their children dead. He knows the way home and if not he has my phone that he was playing on earlier.

"Okay girly, we are going to walk and you are going to go willingly, the Boss wouldn't like you dead," he said leading me to a baby blue van on the other side of the wood that we were in. My kidnapper made sure nobody was coming before he shoved me into the back of the van.

Putting my acrobatics into play I got my hands in front of my body, taking off the gag. When I felt the van driving away I started shouting.

"What do you want with me you creep! Do you know who my parents are! They will destroy you if I don't first!" I hardly ever pulled the "my parent" card. My mom Daniel Popy, the famous actress, and my dad is Timothy Tempest, the famous director. Just to be clear I am not a snobby spoiled brat who gets everything she wants.

"Shut it kid! Of course I know who your parents are and it really doesn't matter! When the Boss sees something he wants, the Boss gets it! You better understand that real quick Brea Tempest!" He said in a warning tone. He looked sideways at the passenger seat, murmuring something. Another man I had not seen jumped in the back with me.

I whimpered and backed in a corner as far as I could go. The man just smiled, showing his crooked, yellow teeth. His big hands came for me and wrapped around my throat. I screamed.

Suddenly it went in slow motion. I could still see him reaching for me so I kicked upward, nailing him right where the sun doesn't shine. I winced inside knowing it had to hurt, my dad forced me to take karate lessons as a kid.

I crawled away from the man to the opposite side of the van. He started to get up again.

"This one is giving me trouble Mark! She kicked me in my balls!" He gasped.

"Suck it up Roger, use the taser!" Mark, the first man, replied from the front seat. The other man, Roger, grabbed something out of his back pocket pointing at me. Suddenly an extreme pain shot through me and I fell to the ground, the world fading to black.....

I shook my head out of the memory. I think of my little brother and my family every day. As soon as I bust out of here those two men will be the first to pay. Sometimes they visit me, remembering how hard I was to capture. I can see the glint in Roger's eye when he looks at me. He wants revenge and, at times, I'm truly scared.

"Shower time ladies!!" I heard from the front of the room.

"Great. Come on Alexa, you heard the man," I said getting up and helping her up. Everyone started to strip including me.

In my cage we have a routine. We put our clothes in the middle of the cage and we stand around them so they can be washed too. I can hear the gasps of the girls before me as the cold water hits them. Now it's our turn.

When the guards stand in front of my cage I realize who it is. Roger and Mark. Crap.

"Well look who it is we have here, Mark! If it isn't Ms. Kick Me in the Freaking BALLS!!" With that he pointed the full blasting hose right at my face causing me to fall on my butt but it didn't stop there. He kept hitting me with it trying to drown me. Just as I thought I was going to pass out, it stopped and I took a deep breath. Looking up I was surprised to find my savior to be Alexa. She had her back to the guards with a hand extending down to me.

"You need help up?" she asked, wincing from the water. I nodded and stood up only to be hit by water again. This time all the girls in my cage blocked the water. The water hit all of them plus the clothes. I was still trying to regain my breath when Jamie bent down and asked if I was okay. All she got was a quick nod.

"Damn! You stupid girls move out of the way! Don't worry Brea, one of these days your little friends won't be around and it will be just you and me. I will win this war... I always win," Roger said with an evil smirk as he walked away.

I was shaking from head to toe as my friends helped me up.

"Wholly crap Brea! What did you do to that guy! He really had it out for you," Kelly said.

"When he was taking me I sorta kicked him in his man parts... If I knew that it would have included a so called war then I would have just shut up and taken the choking!" I stuttered, cold from the water. All the girls looked at me sympathetically. I looked up at Alexa as all the other girls started picking up the clothes. "Thanks by the way. I probably would have drowned if you haven't had done that."

"Well you helped me so I decided to return the favor," she said with a gentle smile on her face.

"I appreciate it so-"

"What the heck are you doing girl! Strip. You know the rules. No stripping you get a whipping," It was Mark talking to another cage after us. Everyone knows that rule. I experienced the whipping once. They used a leather strap and hit you 10 times across the back. It hurts! I looked in the direction of the yelling. The fully clothed girl was standing there with her chest puffed up.

I narrowed my eyes. I know her! It was Scarlet. Crap.

*************************************************************************************************

Okay just to clarify bold in the story is memories.

Hoped you enjoyed!

Vote, comment, message me! Any ideas about the story will help out tremendously!

<3 J.E.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...