Forever My Alpha

By Pandasloveromance2

This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell i... More

Prologue
Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Epilogue

11

1.8K 56 7
By Pandasloveromance2

Apparently surprises do keep on coming in the form of a very over ecstatic Lucy who mind you, broke into my house I'm betting, did not knock when she bursted into my room and proceeded to body slam me on the bed. Thankfully I was in a tank top and pyjama pants and sadly no Elijah this whole week with me. I was starting to realize that my sleeping arrangement was not what I wanted anymore. It seemed for the short time I had slept with Elijah now I craved his warmth in the night and was sad to not wake up to him in the morning wrapped in his arms. I was totally pathetic knowing I slept a hundred times better with him then alone. It was like my body was restless without him now. Stupid hormones I thought as the cramping began even more so with a body above me pushing my stomach into the mattress uncomfortably.

"Come on Seren! Get up! Get up!" She bounced happily above me then groaned when she pulled back the covers releasing the little warmth I had cocooned around me in the cold room.

"Why do I need to get up and more so, why are you in my house?" I growled as she giggled.

"Lucas let me in. By the way you should really use your fireplace it's freezing in here." She said as I opened my eyes glaring at her.

"Yes I know thank you very much but unfortunately I can't light a fire for the life of me in that thing. The trap is stuck again." I retorted trying to pull my comforter from her grasp but was denied with her freakishly tight grip on it.

"Oh Seren for all those brains you can't do the simplest thing. Just have Alpha fix it." She giggled getting up. "Now get dressed in warm cloths because it snowed last night while you were sleeping!" She sung happily as I looked over to my balcony covered in a inch of snow.

"If the sun comes out long enough it's going to melt." I reflected fingering my limp hair smoothing over the feather making me miss Shadow even more in his absence as well.

"The better to get up quicker so we can enjoy it while it last!" She exclaimed walking into my closet throwing out a long sleeve blue v neck shirt with dark blue skinny jeans, my black ugg boots I thankfully sprayed with water repellent throwing socks and a thick black trench coat on my bed.

"Well if by what everyone says there will be a ton later." I retorted setting up now as she came out seeing her in a similar outfit she picked for me only with a dark green shirt instead, her orange ginger hair tied up high in a ponytail.

"Sirenna come on. I'm only sixteen hours away from my eighteenth birthday and then I'll no longer be a single women again!" She sung happily as I groaned again face planting into my pillow.

"I swear Lucinda, if your saying it's eight o'clock in the morning right now I'm going to murder you before you can even meet him." I breathed her happy chirp of a voice grinding on my sensitive morning ears.

"Okay it's eight o'five in the morning." She said cheekily as I started to move throwing a glare at her as she took a few steps back. "Now get up and get dressed. I'll go make pancakes!" She yelled running out the door smartly until my mind clicked on what she had just said.

That got me up quick remembering her fail at cooking meat. Pancakes would burn with fire if she attempted to use my stove. Hastily I got up brushing my teeth guessing the amount of time it would take her to make the batter. Brushing my hair then threw on the cloths she had pick draping the coat over my arm as I flew down the steps fingering my choker setting it comfortingly around my neck skittering to a stop in the front room.

"Nine minutes and forty five seconds. That's got to be a record." Kara said with a stopwatch looking fierce in all black tight long sleeve v shirt and jeans, her legs encased in knee boots as I grinded my teeth seeing Lucy beside her with Todd rolling his eyes.

"Don't worry I made breakfast and no I did not make it here. I don't understand how you can even use that ancient oven." Todd remarked in a red and black hoody flannel with washed jeans stuffed into black snow boots.

"I'll make coffee and you my not so lovely friend are getting decaf tea." I said pointedly at Lucy as we headed into the kitchen filling up a pot of water setting it on the stove as I used a match to light the small pieces of wood I had inside with paper glad Shadow had shown me how much easier it was to get it going with that.

"You say you can't light a fireplace but you can light that." Lucy remarked as I glared at her.

"Hey this has a door and eventually it goes but on the fireplace how hard I try it goes out before it can light any of the logs. And again the trap is stuck or the funnel is blocked. Smoke just comes out instead of up." I explained as Todd plated the food from the tupperware he had in a bag.

"I'll take a look at it and I have fire starters I can give you so it is easier to light." Todd said reaching up to the shelves to grasped the coffee cups pulling out creamer and sugar with a tea bag for Lucy that still looked hyper as hell just sitting across from Kara in my small breakfast nook.

"That would be nice and I can use all the wood Elijah cut for me then." I replied as everyone started to grin creepily. "What?" I asked to everyone.

There were hasty nothing's as they all got back to whatever they were doing as I shook my head to them. Not much later the pot whistled getting the filter with two scoops of coffee in each pouring over it then last Lucy's tea adding her four spoons of sugar how she likes it. Creamer for Kara and I with Todd taking two scoops of sugar only. We then sat down eating our fill of the pancakes finding it was from the dinner with eggs and bacon. Lovingly Mariah place a berry pie for each of us taking a slice quickly we ate up downing our drinks then was out the door just as the sun was breaking thru the clouds.

"Oh Fluffy you're here!" I said seeing him walk up from the tree line with a grumble from his chest.

"Did you really name him Fluffy?" Todd asked with a chuckle in disbelief as I patted the mixed black and gray wolf's head.

"Ya why?" I asked turning to all of them both girls clutching their stomachs with silent laughter even seeing tears in Kara's eyes.

"Oh this is just rich. Everyone is going to die when I tell them!" He roared in laughter as Fluffy growled sitting on his butt not amused apparently.

Suddenly two other wolves appeared of brown fur looking the pair with the female having one black front paw. They both came up to Fluffy seeing the male smaller and the female more so.

"Awesome you guys made it." Todd sung  happily ruffling the male brown wolf's head as he made a happy noise while the female trotted to the girls happily.

"You know these wolves?" I asked as Fluffy nudged raising my hand to scratching behind his ear as I looked to Todd beside me.

"Ya, we know all the wolves on this mountain." He replied matter a factly.

"And we're going to play a winter game with them." Kara said as another wolf came bouncing out with a flash of rust coloured fur coming to a halt in front of her giving a good lick to her check. "Really!" She glared as the new large wolf made a noise close to a chuckle darted away towards me.

He was quite terrifying by his bulky look bigger then Fluffy but slightly smaller than Shadow. "Hello there." I smiled seeing his brown warm eyes take me in as he lowered his head to my eye level reaching out placing his head against my palm.

"All the wolves are our friends." Lucy said turning to see her now riding the female wolf while Todd was now on the other brown wolf.

"Mostly." Kara grumbled sticking her tongue out at the rust color wolf as comically he did it back raising her irritation as she growled running towards us. But he was smart taking off circling her behind quickly to dive down in between her legs lifting her in the air to settle her on his back with a screech.

"M and K sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Todd started to sing as she cursed at him only for Lucy and I to break out laughing as she scowled at us.

"Whatever! At least I know I'll win with him while Seren's stuck with the Omega." Kara grinned her brown and blue eyes sparkling with determination as the rust wolf puffed up his stance as if to show he was the best.

Meanwhile Fluffy made a scuff noise walking before me to lay down. He moved his head in motion to do the same like everyone else as I smiled raising my leg to slide onto his back, gasping his mane tightly as he stood on all fours. All the wolves made a circle as Todd explained what the game was.

"Okay, it's like hide and seek but give the wolves the fun of the hunt by mixing it with capture the flag. What happens is our wolves go out find us a spot to hide in then goes out to find another wolf's partner catching them and bringing them back to his hiding space of you. Whichever wolf has all wins." He said as I nodded. "Now so your not bored you can still move from your place if needed but not too far to where your wolf can't find you. You got it?" He finished as I took it in understanding easily giving him a thumbs up.

"Okay we all get five minutes for them to find a hiding spot and then game on." Kara commented as all the wolves then moved to a straight line towards the woods crouching down ready.

"Get ready." Todd started.

"Get set." Lucy said eagerly.

"Go!" Yelled Kara as the rust coloured wolf taking off at break necking speeds darting in between the trees as the other followed suit.

For some reason though Fluffy didn't move even laying down once out of sight with a grown. "What's wrong. Do you not what to play?" I questioned when he slowly turned to look at me seeing what appeared to be a smirk on his mussel and a glint of mischief.

Quickly he popped up on all fours howling to the sky as several others rung out seconds behind. With a deep grasp of my hands as the tension coiled in his muscles underneath them he was off like a bullet. I thought I had prepared myself for it but was not fully ready for the speed he had taken off at tactfully bouncing off trees and jumping over logs gracefully. Lowering myself to his body tightening my legs around him as we rocketed threw the white snow covered forest. He ran full out for a good five minutes darting left and right tell he came to a cave of boulders on a side of the mountain still lush green trees around covered in thick moss breathing in the fresh moist air of the snowy dirt. Slowly he came to a stop lowering to his belly as I slide off. He pointed his nose down with his paw as if to say this was my hiding place. With a good scratch behind his ear and a giggling smiling, he was off.

Once he was out of sight I turned around seeing the sun breaking thru the morning mist of fog creating rays of light around me thru the canopy of the thick trees. Suddenly I heard a loud giggle sounding like Lucy having been found by a wolf. Quickly I headed into the small cave not wanting to be found so soon hiding away in its darkness. I didn't know if they would find me by my scent feeling the thrill of anticipation of being found. Sadly after another five minutes of silence figuring no one was coming this way.

Feeling adventures of not being in this part of the forest before I ventured out back into the rays of light. Hesitantly I walked a good distance down the side of the mountain to a slop clearing seeing many stray boulders. Looking up I could see some of the mountain had lost its side maybe from a good size earthquake or from heavy snow being as it was bare of trees and shrubs. A few little bunnies scurried with birds chirping in the morning air. It was so fresh up here breathing in deeply of its cool temperature that was just going to drop as the days went by. I basked in the sun's rays for a little while hearing squirrels scavan for last minute food before winter settled in. I liked how peaceful this mountain always was, so fresh and crisp of nature. Turning back I headed over towards the cave looking to the ground wondering if a wolf had came by. I saw only my boots in the snow as I followed my little path until I came to another set that started just past the cave.

They looked like deer prints but they were quite large being bigger than my own foot. The other weird thing about them was the snow melted in shape as the ground turned a deathly black underneath. Looking around I noticed as well how quiet the forest seemed to suddenly become no longer hearing the light chirpers of birds or the soft rustle of leaves from the trees. It had even been a good fifteen minutes now sense Fluffy left and figured this game may take a good while to finish. Turning back to the prints I looked over them following the trail wrap around the mountain into the forest with my eyes.

"I just won't go to far." I said to myself looking to the spot he had left me then to the trail.

Carefully I followed beside them to not obscure the prints to use them as my way back as well. I travelled into the thick of trees noticing the trunks on either side were chard black like the prints as if something hot was burning them. It should have detoured me to continue but all it did was inspire my curiosity more to see what it was, even just to get a glimpses. Whatever it was had me thinking about Elizabeth and Shadow wondering what other myths where actually true.

Were there other creatures on this mountain I didn't know about?

My eyes wandered along each tree seeing them wither as if the face of them was touched my death crawling up to taint its lower branches black. Hesitantly I looked behind seeing I hadn't truly gone far picking up my pace further along the trail. The snow seemed to thin out more as the ground started to come threw with larger patches of chard leaves and dirt around the deer prints. Slowly I came to a small clearing with a few rays of sun descending to the blacken earth illuminating a haunting creature that nightmares where made of.

"Why do you follow me child." A dark but amused deep tone voice rung out watching as the deer like animal turned its dragon shaped head towards me with large black twisting like branch antlers. It's black voids of eyes were just as haunting seeing a thick chest of grey hair curved under its front as it's feather like scale body made up of black mixing with white in a burnt fashion with its long thin bone like legs coming to its curled white tail of long hairs. The creature looked like death feeling it's dark presence coat the clearing making me shiver.

"Did... you... just speak?" I stuttered in disbelief as it turned its truly impressive size towards me, it's head pulled up a good foot or two above my head as it came before me.

"Yes. I can speak any language, let it be alive or the elements." It explained watching as the snow sizzles under its hooves as if it's touch was sucking it dry along with the ground underneath him.

"What are you?" I questioned as he regarded me just as curious as I, thinking it over before he answered.

"I am what most call a qilin. A creature between a deer, dragon, and a horse. But I am actual a mirror image of life itself with my antlers being of nature." He explained tilting his head down for me to examine the detail of the branch like antlers then lifted his large head back up to see those empty black eyes once more.

"How come the earth chars under your steps and looks to be killing the trees around you?" I reflected watching as the longer he stood in the small clearing it started to turn black as if a fire had just raged throw it looking to my feet that were surprisingly still upon snow circling around me like a barrier to the dark aura he was radiating around him.

"I am the bringer of death to nature itself. I prepare the forest for winter so when spring comes it can be renewed from the ashes." He demonstrated moving around the clearing watching as the trees grew black crawling up its trunk to char the leaves suddenly turning to dust in the lite breeze.

"The cycle of life." I mused as he nodded his head with a swish off its tail.

"That's right." He chuckled coming back to stand before me.

"Would it affect me too?" I asked looking up to those black pools of eyes.

"Normally yes. But you have intrigued me by being able to even stand in my presence. Most become sick or the old wither away and dye. There are only a few that aren't affected but mundane can not last long, especially this close. That is the only reason I am answering your questions child. Your quite a fascinating human." He said examining me as if to see any signs of being affected by him but then his eyes caught on something, coming closer narrowing his eyes upon what I guessed was my choker. "I haven't seen that stone in century's." He breathed nostalgic with a tilt to his head as I brushed my fingertips over the blood red stone.

"You've seen this before?" I questioned in surprised just as he.

"Last time I had seen it that stone was worn by a dragon shifter." He explained as my mind intensified by that information.

"A dragon!" I smiled in disbelief as he chuckled at my expense no doubt.

"I'll show you the other realm if you give me that stone. See first hand the true wonders of the universe." He said darkly taking another step closer as I took one back feeling fear consume my form by the way he was suddenly eyeing me bringing chills back up my spine.

"I can't take it off." I retorted as he continued to step towards me.

"That's alright. I have my ways of taking them... off." He countered as my eyes widened hoping there wasn't a double meaning as I feared just as several howls rung out around the forest. "I see your wolf friends finally realised your missing. Let's see if they'll find you before I'm done with you." He said darkly again as I paled seeing his intentions clearly to get my choker anyway he could as I turned my head to look for an escape. "Aw even more interesting. A human mate, never heard of one in my life. It must be the power of the blood stone. I must have it human!" It growled now feeling it's menacing dark determination as I darted across the clearing in hopes to out run it. Before I could get into the forest I ran into a invisible wall falling to my side as it's dark chuckle vibrated around me.

"What have you done! Why can't I leave!" I cried out turning to face the dark creature as it's black pools of eyes started to glow in its center with a hot blue of flames.

"Oh your not going anywhere now human. I'm going to get the stone not matter what. You have no idea what power is around your neck. I could use it to do anything I want! It will be mine girl!" He declared menacingly taking a step towards me as another howl rung out but this one seemed to shake the mountain completely with its rage freezing the qilin in its place with what appeared to be fear. "It seems your more interesting than I thought." He suddenly advanced on me quicker as I stood up ready to run just as a blur of black landed hard between us shaking the ground with its weight when a deep growl sounded from it with its just as dark aura almost suffocating with rage.

It was Shadow. His wings spread out covering me from the qilin's view as if to protect me from it. "Ah crimson wolf. How nice to see you again." The qilin said hesitantly coming closer to Shadow to see over his wing at the now fearful creature in the wolf's presents.

I had this feeling of dread filter threw my skin at the prospects of them knowing each other and where not on friendly terms at all. It seemed that Shadows intentions looked murderous on killing the qilin as he growled deeply in his chest horrifyingly making me gasp by its power that I could feel invisible lashing out at the creature.

***

I was beyond pissed when I was informed by a terrified Lucas with Marcus linked to me that they had somehow lost Sirenna. They explained how long she was in the woods alone for over thirty minutes as they howled, spreading out along the mountain in various locations but didn't pick up on her scent.

"Alpha, we spotted a qilin on the side of the mountain." One of my scouts linked suddenly as I rushed to were Marcus and Lucas were in the forest.

"Which qilin and were exactly!" I roared as fear suddenly took over my body that wasn't my own almost penalizing coming to a halt when my scout reply.

"Alpha, it's that death looking qilin." He said as I roared with rage vibrating the ground with its intensity at the audacity of the creature to touch my sacred land after the last time I came face to face with the lying beast.

Quickly I took flight as the fear still courses through my veins from Sirenna threw our mate bond. I had blocked our connection from my emotions not to scare her with my ever changing moods. But for her to break down my walls ment she was in danger as my scout explain where he spotted the creature looking to the ground. Fear crushed over me again as I came over a clearing spotting Sirenna and the skeleton like qilin diving down seeing it advancing on her hasty form to stand on shaky legs. With a heavy fall I landed on all fours between them shielding her from him with a deep warning growl.

"Ah crimson wolf. How nice to see you again." It said watching it take a hesitant step back no doubt from the memory from last time of our encounter.

"You know your not allowed on my land creature." I growled linking to him easily seeing as I had tasted his blood when I ground my teeth into its legs when he refused to leave my land saying he had to do it for the cycle of life but really was doing it to feed off my land for its power. I was thankful that Sirenna was fine feeling her come closer to me at my side glad the qilin had not affected her surprisingly. The choker was truly there to protected her it seemed seeing it glow as I looked over her then back to the demon before me.

"But I couldn't help myself when word has gotten out about a mated human wanting to see for myself and talk of war involving a certain winged wolf too." He mocked as I growled again squaring my form ready to attack.

"You are not welcome here demon. Leave before I send you back to your realm where you belong in your own death." I threatened as his dark pools of eyes darted to Sirenna growling as they landed back on me once more.

"I well leave for good and never return if you have the girl give me her pendant." He said as I growled in response baring my teeth as Sirenna's hand grasp my fur tightly.

"You well leave without it qilin or your head will be mounted to my wall!" I threatened pushing my power against his knowing I was much stronger as he gritted his teeth in irritation to not get what he wanted.

"No human should hold such power! It's a wonder it hasn't consumed her! It does not belong with a mundane and should be used how it has always meant to be with the qilin's!"

"Do not try to sprout lies to me demon. It is hers now being in her position. Do no test my patience. Leave before I order my pack to kill you right here and now." I warned linking to Marcus and Lex bring all the warriors here and use this excuse of a creature as there enemy and see how they do against a demon. I knew he had minions of the dead wondering when he was going to have them come out seeing this as a good practice for my warriors against this lowly creature.

"Those pups are no match against me! I am a qilin of demons from the dark realm! Do not insult me and suggest those mutts can do any damage to me!" I growled as steam started to float out of his mouth readying to use its fire breath if needed.

A gasp sounded from Sirenna watching the qilin fume in rage as I lowered on my front legs looking over to her pale complexion. "Get on." I linked to her softly hoping she thought it was more of an inner thought then mine as she did quickly grasping tight, turning back to the qilin. "You have one minute to get off my land or my pack is going to eat you for lunch demon." I grinned hearing deep in the woods there paws thundering against the earth ready for a challenge.

"Let them try crimson wolf." It sneered making me grin as I pushed off, my wings taking to the sky with Sirenna holding on tight ascending above the treeline.

"Marcus and Zetas, it will call it's minions be prepared." I smirked knowing they would rip it to shreds but sadly could not truly kill it once it past from this world only to reform in its own realm.

"Yes Alpha." They all said as howls rang out.

"Lucas I need you at Sirenna's and the girls now!" I demanded as I heard a frantic yes flying to her house to land before them gently.

"Sirenna are you okay." Lucy sobbed coming towards us while Lucas came grasping her sides to slide off my back.

"Ya I'm okay." She said but could hear her voice tremble.

"Alpha we can't get to the qilin with its barrier." Marcus retorted as an idea popped into my mind.

"Kara come with me." Her eyes turned to mine questioningly but did as told jumping onto my back as I licked Sirenna's cheek then was off to the sky.

"Alpha the qilin is backing away. We can't surround him. He raised several of his dead looking root like creatures from the ground as well but we seemed to have that handled." Marcus stated as I grinned.

"Kara ready for a fight. I know it's been awhile since you shifted that side of you." I reflected as she growned.

"It's not like I can just shift in that form and not have everyone question me." She reflected as I nodded understanding her fear but knew she had to let it out to keep balanced with her beast.

"Don't worry it's heading away from the pack. I'll keep them away while you have your fun." I assured seeing the qilin again taking off down the mountain in hopes to save it's hide.

"Thank you Alpha. I'll leave the antlers for you." She said hearing the smile in her voice as her grip loosened on me.

"The guys well love it." I grinned as she slipped off my back still high up in air as she plummeted down to the mountain.

It still amazed me the first time I saw her alone in the forest on accident to find what she truly was. It was when she had first transferred to my pack to live with her aunt. I never knew what came of her parents but she had good grades in school along with a colourful anger problem. She didn't take kindly to bullies it seemed which was the reason I accepted her. It showed loyalty of what was right and protecting even strangers with the weak. Once she was before me I knew why. Her veins hummed with power of an alpha just like Marcus even more so with her blood when she released who she truly was.

I could feel her body come alive with power as she shifted slowly like a cares to her skin, white fur sprout out elongating her form. She landed on all fours in the clearing before the qilin as her nine tails flared out tipped in blue like fire, growling menacingly to the demon showing her razor sharp fox teeth. Her ears flattened back ready for her prey with wild eyes. It didn't take long for her to attack as I landed a good distance away just in case she need help.

Kara was never interested in training understand why knowing now of her kitsune seeing as they had a temper and would lash out if pushed. It was a wonder how she kept it in tight control over her wolf side. Shifters weren't necessarily rare but a kitsune fox fell upper with dragons and legendary creatures that were ancient breeds only able to shift to them if from a pure blood line. There wasn't much of them either only knowing little that few where true shape-shifters to almost any form but must could only go as two different animals. But ancient bloodlines like hers were different. There form had spirit powers that drew from there beast and if ever she was able to train regularly she would be a challenge for many.

She was a force to be reckoned with as her fire was superior to that of the qilin. She my be smaller then I even more so to the demon but made up for it in speed. She was beyond quick, agile on her paws grasping off the earth to pounce on the creatures hide. It growled loudly spitting blue fire as she returned with her own fire brighter. With a dig of her claws into his side's pushing off to gracefully land in front of him. Watching her fight made me want to train with her more seeing the little things that could easily make her a formidable opponent. But she would get ahead of herself when she fought the few times with me not truly on her guard having Marcus come up on her undetected.

It was beyond a shock to him seeing me fight with a kitsune let alone it being Kara. We were the only two in the pack that knew of her beast knowing she begged for me to not tell her aunt. It was her secret to keep and one that was understanding to hide for many would like to keep her in a cage as a prize. It made me worry about her more knowing her birthday was coming up and would have the chance of finding her mate. I was going to make sure who ever it was, was worthy of her and would cherish all that she was.

At the age of thirteen when she came to my pack I could see she had been already threw many things in those eyes. She hide those feelings well of fear and many other things that I did not know of but they were there. I could see it now as she fought as if her life depended on it, almost like she need to prove her worth to herself. Just like me the kitsune beast was a sign of a curse. Foxes were known for being devious and cheaters but Kara was none of that. She did not let the side of her rule her emotions. She was kind never using her ability against anyone. I bet the girl didn't even realize what she could do if she wanted too. She was holding herself back but there was nothing I could do to help her get over her fears or to embrace herself. She needed to do it on her own over time in little moments like these.

I could see how much fun she was having ripping into the qilin's skeleton form that now had its black blood flowing down its boney legs as he snapped in vein at Kara. She was amped with pent up energy as she sank her teeth into its thin flesh repeatedly till he was falling on its belly exhausted and weak. It's antlers were long gone now on the ground with pieces of its flesh hanging off him or on the dirt floor with its sprays of black blood.

"I see you let Kara have her fun." Marcus said coming beside me as I grinned.

"Are the minions all gone?" I asked not letting my eyes off Kara for a second as she paced around the demon with its blood dripping from her mouth menacingly.

"Yes, they are all heading back to pack grounds as we speak. I figured I'd come by to watch the true action." Hearing the smile in his tone sitting to my right as Kara bit deep into its back leg with a auditable snap backing up quickly as the qilin tried to get up again. "Damn I feel bad for whoever her mate is."

"Do you think she's going to go to Elizabeth?"

"She never talks about finding her mate. Even with Lucy going on and on about it today." Marcus grumbled as I huffed.

"Her birthdays tomorrow. I already expect her in my office at the crack of dawn. That mate of hers is going to have his hands full with that one." I chuckled looking back to Kara knowing who every was her mate was going to have to be strong to keep up with her. The pair would be a deadly force I'm sure.

She had done a good one on the beast so far. It's eyes wild with blue fire as her paws started to flame up in rage. She was not happy the qilin still had energy to fight slicing its cheek once it turned to fire a blast at her. Her anger was taking over as I sighed seeing the tips of her tails now aglow with fire but was nowhere near as bright as they should. But she was still strong seeming to be done playing as she attacked its throat braking it's neck clean to let it fall limp to the blood and dirt floor.

"Feel better now." I mused to Kara as her ears perked up looking to us as she finally remembered I was here surprised to see Marcus beside me.

"Yes, I need a little fight." She smiled trotting over to us shifting fluidly into her chocolate and under belly of gold wolf.

"Good, you two carry the body to the waterfall to burn tonight. Have warriors posted around so we have no surprises later. Take Kara to shower at our house, put the antlers in my office. I need to get to Sirenna. I'll see you guys tonight." I linked to both then took off threw the forest shifting out of the treeline to see Lucas and Lucy still were I left them with Sirenna looking dazed.

"Sirenna are you okay." Grasping her side and cupping her cheek as those blue eyes honed in on me. "What happened?"

"We were playing a game with the wolves and I was waiting to be found for so long when I started to get bored. I walked around then came back to where the wolf had left me to find weird deer prints that looked like they burned the ground itself. So I got curious and followed them to find that skeleton creature. It call himself a qilin and was there to prepare the forest for winter. He started out nice until he noticed my pendant. Then it just turned. I could see his intent on getting it anyway he could. Thankfully Shadow showed and it seemed he was talking to the qilin some way. Then he had me get on his back and brought me here. I'm okay though, it didn't hurt me like I know it wanted to. Just shocked I suppose. Lucas explained to me what that creature really was. I can't believe that I was that close to a demon." She rambled shivering as I pulled her close into my bare chest. "It wanted my pendant. I could see in his eyes how bad he wanted it, enough to kill me." She trembled out pressing her cold cheek against me tightening my arms more around her.

I opened our bond hoping to calm her with a gentle caress her body started to relax more against me. "Let's get you into the house and a warm bath. Your hands are like ice." Feeling them against my skin almost frozen as she nodded her head the scent of lingering ash tainting the skin that I wanted to scrub clean.

"Lucas head to the waterfall with Lucy, Marcus and Kara should be there soon. I'll meet up with you later." I said pulling Sirenna with me into her house as they nodded heading back to the forest.

"I can't believe all these years I have been up here to only find out now what really walks in those woods." She mused taking the steps up the stairs setting her down at the edge of her bed.

"Its unusual to see those creatures here. So don't worry you won't be seeing that qilin again." I reassured kissing the top of her head nodding to me then headed into the bathroom to fill up the tub.

"But there is more out there, isn't there." She replied eyeing me sharply.

"I work hard to keep them out of my woods." I grounded out still pissed that it had made it that far onto my land before I was informed heading back out to her

"Are you sure it's won't be coming back?" She questioned grasping her pendant as I came before her kissing her lips that were a light blue from the cold.

"Yes, I promise he won't come near you again. He will never have that pendant Sirenna. It is yours and will stay round that pretty little neck forever." I declared seeing her break into a small smile relieving my heart of her fears but then her eyes widened seeming to click.

"Did you kill it?" Paling on a whisper caressing her cheek to smooth her worries I could see coming forth.

"I did not. But another did. It deserved to be killed. That creature does not belong here so do not feel bad for it." I demanded seeing it in those electric blue eyes conflicted on the creature that wanted her dead with sympathy.

She nodded again as I sighed wondering how she could even feel sorry for that thing that wanted to kill her just for that pendant. It did bring forth though the thought on there was more to that stone then we knew. Slowly Sirenna stood up undressing as I followed suit with a grin to her blush sinking into the tub behind her. I scrubbed her skin till all I could smell was a misty waterfall and that everlasting spring scent that was hers.

"Did it say anything else to you?" I asked as her shoulder rested against my chest now wrapping her arms around my arm and mine holding her tight to me, laying my head on top of hers as we relaxed in the warm water.

"It's said that my pendant used to be worn by a dragon shifter." She explained drawing soft circles in the skin of my arm following an old faint scar.

"Dragon shifters are ancient creatures. I haven't heard of one being around now. Did it say anything else?" I questioned more seeing how deep this want for the stone this creature had.

"No that it just wanted my pendant saying it had strong power and didn't know why it hadn't consumed me yet apparently." She reflected with a shiver knowing it had nothing to do with the water.

"I wouldn't see why it would if you have had it on sense you were born." I mused bring my hand up to push her wet chocolate strands off her shoulder lightly trailing my fingertips over the leather choker.

The water ripped as she moved turning to look up to me with radiant blue confused eyes. "What if there's more to the reason I have this choker and can't take it off? What if it's something bad Elijah?" Seeing fear pool in her eyes clenching her hands on my shoulders as I cupped her cheek tenderly guiding my thumb across her soft like satin skin.

"I can guaranty it's nothing bad sweetheart... Did your parents say anything about it before they past or your grandparents?" I asked as she dropped her head to lay against my heart absentmindedly tracing her mark on my neck soothingly seeming to comfort her threw the bond to speak.

"My parents only said it was a family heirloom that all first females in our family wore till we die and it's past down to the next. My grandmother said in our family we only have first females every few decades apparently and the pendant is to protect me. But they never said from what or why. I just have to wear it for life." She explained depressingly tugging on the pendant with her other hand as I kissed the top of her forehead.

"If it's to protect you then it can't truly mean anything bad. I well look into the Dragon shifter though and see if anything comes up about your pendant. Elizabeth might be able to help too." I thought caressing her cheek feeling her relax once more against me.

"I'm seeing her tomorrow with Lucy. Maybe I could ask her then." She sighed opening the link to each other to relax her mind that was running a mile a minute pouring my strength and love to reassure her worries of being safe.

"That girl is going to be bouncing off the trees until tomorrow and then some once Elizabeth finds her soul-mate." I chuckled feeling a smile pull at her lips against my chest.

"She'll be bouncing to the moon till then." She giggled seeming to break the depressing mood holding her tight as the tension finally left her body.

"We should get out now before we shrivel up from pruning. It's a little past noon so lets have some lunch too." I said as she yawned tiredly. "And maybe a nap before tonight." I chuckled as she nodded grasping the porcelain tube and standing.

"I like that idea." She smiled as I got out wrapping a towel around her then grasping one for myself.

After drying off she slide on that tantalizing robe that even tied left little to the imagination. The silk settling over each curve stopping at the middle of her thighs showing off those perfectly shaped long legs. It still amazed me that this beautiful women was mine. My possessiveness struck more seeing my mark on that pretty neck of hers feeling pride that once she knew who I was would fill the rule of Luna effortlessly. She proved it time and again fitting in perfectly with my pack showing her kindness to all. But it worried me that now with the demons intentions he might draw more attention to my land to get what he wants anyway he can.

I was already thinking of a way to move her in with me or myself here. I couldn't have another repeat of today.  It was to close of a call to lose her. I need to consult with Marcus and Lucas. I wanted to tell her who we are after today but had a feeling they would still think it was not the right time. But it was getting too close to home now and then with a threat of a rogue attack at any time was daunting. I needed to keep her safe at all cost along with my pack.

Reports flowed in from the Zetas in praise of how well our warriors had done without tiring hearing them back to the training field for more mock formations to attack. We were on the right track to be ready for whatever came onto my land. Tomorrow I was going to get out there myself with as many for one on one fights to boost my warrior miral and seeing there alpha fight alongside them. I was going to also talk to Marcus about working with Kara. She needed to learn how to fight and hopefully work with her kitsune more.

Sirenna made us turkey sandwich with chips then headed to bed seeing her eyes drop the moment her head hit the pillow. She blamed it on Lucy as I pulled her back flush against my chest laying my head partly above hers breathing in her addicting scent. Within moments her breathing evened letting sleep consume her while I linked with several of my pack epsilon and zetas. Daily reports were good with the warriors happy about there taste of a battle for however small it was. Next was my Tau about how our upsilon spies were doing around the region of other packs. I wanted delta porter to go back out and get an update from Lucian. I was already hearing from the gammas and pi's how Porter was. Having fun with many of the unmated she-wolves with in the short time he's been back. I was going to send him out tomorrow after Lucy found were her mate was located no doubt send her with him to meet the pup. With that I finally shut off the link tightening my arms around Sirenna as I feel asleep along with her.

***

I think my body was betraying me as I opened my eyes feeling completely recharged after the last several days of restless sleep. I was cocooned in blissful warmth that I didn't want to move from. Elijah's arms were still around me with our legs tangled together. His soft breath against my neck created goosebumps to raise on my skin with soft tingles along my body against his. At this point I could be happy just to be held like this forever in his embrace. I felt so loved and cherished just in his arms feeling the soft raise and fall of his chest with his strong heart beating against the middle of my back.

Looking to the window I could see the orange of the fading sun setting behind the forest trees. We had to have sleep for a good four hours as I wiggled in his arms turning to look up to his peaceful handsome face with stubble starting to show in the faint light. He was beyond gorgeous that it still astonished me this striking male was mine. I felt giddy just breathing in his scent of the woods and a cool winter undertone that I couldn't understand how he could smell like even in the summer. Close up I could see how long his lashes were fanning against his high cheekbones shaping down to a strong jaw. His eyebrows so dark almost black contrast to those deep green eyes that were hidden away from me in sleep.

Well I thought he was asleep watching his delicious lips curve in a smirk slowly. "How long have you been awake for?" I scowlded as those lip broke out in a full smile now.

"The moment you opened your eyes." He said as I sighed over his chuckles that rasped from sleep sounding ungodly sexy. "Did you still want to go tonight?" He asked softly brushing a few strands that had fallen on my cheek gently creating a wave of tingles from his touch.

"Lucy would kill me if I didn't. It's her last night of being single she puts it and needs to get wasted before she's an old maid so to speak." I retorted sighing over the bundle of orange girl I knew was going to grind on my ears tonight. But you do what you have to do for your friends it seems, even if you want to rip your ears out. "I wish we could stay like this." I breathed cuddling into his warm chest finding my comfortable place under his chin perfectly.

"Hum... I wish for the same but add in being inside of you as well." He replied as heat curse threw my body instantly pooling between my legs of the erotic picture I was already envisioning.

With that I pulled myself from my haven of warmth crawling out of bed to his deep chuckles. "Well unfortunately we can't get what we want and you can't for another few days as well." I clarified as a smirk started to form seeing his mind already turning.

"There is always a shower sweetheart." He said smoothly as I scrunched up my nose.

"Ewe... no. Now let's get up. I don't want to have Lucy barging in here like this morning to find us naked and have her head filled with more than it already is with nonsense." I retorted just to hear him laugh again while I went into the bathroom shutting the door so I could do my business.

Moments later I came out to Elijah in his jeans laying on my bed with no shirt, still. "Why do you almost never have a shirt on?" I stated not that is was a bad thing to get to see that chiseled eight pack of his at any chance but it was just odd seeing as it was freezing out and even more to be barefoot in the snow.

"I was sparing with some of my men when Marcus told me they had lost you. I came to find you and didn't think of grabbing my shirt." He said sounding a little pissed it seemed seeing the fear in his eyes though of what could have been if Shadow didn't show up to save me.

"Oh." Was all I could say walking to my closet to find something to wear. "Is there anything in particular I should know about this lunar bonfire?" I asked hoping that would give me some insight about what to wear.

"Its to celebrate the new moon tonight and the start of winter. We celebrate every season changing. It's more of an excuse to party if we're being honest,  thought it is a tradition too. We all dance around the fire while many bait the few unlucky drunks to jump from the top of the waterfall. Mostly to see who's chicken or belly flops." He chuckled as that didn't necessarily help me knowing I was not going to go anywhere near the edge of that waterfall again. Once was enough even if it brought Elijah to me in away.

"That doesn't really help me on what to wear." I sighed wishing Kara was here knowing she would know what would be good to wear to stuff like this.

"It will be very warm by the bonfire so don't pack on layers." Finally giving me useful information to go on as I grasped an off the shoulder long sleeve black shirt with a dark red short skirt that was high waisted. Thankfully I had long thick black socks rolling them up above my knees to slide on my favourite black ankle boots. Lastly I grabbed a red knitted hat my grandmother made for me years ago fingering my long brown hair that seemed to be bleaching more in the sun with strands of gold threw it and lightening the tips giving it a nice look to my curls as they hung low down my back.

"Okay let's go." I said draping my matching shawl to my hat over my shoulders walking out of my closet to a jaw clenching Elijah.

"This time you have no excuse." He practically growled eyeing me up and down like I was his next meal that brought butterfly to my stomach heating my skin as those luminous eyes drank me in with hungry desire.

"Why, what wrong?" Biting the corner of my lip seeing his eyes flare by that action darkening his eyes a few shades almost menacingly.

"You look to damn innocent but sexy at the same time and it's going to make all the guys look at you no doubt with want." He said possessively getting up from the bed to forcefully pull my hips against his as he buried his nose against the mark on my neck make me shiver in pleasure.

"You gotta be kidding me Elijah. Calm down caveman, I'm fully covered unlike you." I countered softly lifting my hand to fan out against his hard chest that was almost hot to the touch you would think he was a furnace.

I almost completely fell over when his mouth opened over that mark pressing warm kisses to it making me gasp suddenly lighting my body in its own fire. His hands didn't stay long on my hips as they travelled over the curve of my ass grasping right as his lips sealed over mine hungrily. It only took a second for me to respond just as demanding as his lips against mine curling my fingers into his thick raven strands. The kiss was anything soft but yet not rough, more like a need of reassurance of one another. It didn't take long for his tongue to graze over my bottom lip demanding entrance as I gave it freely plunging in deeper to the heady feel of practically being devoured by him. I didn't mind one bit lifting on my toes more to be closer as his hand moved up my sides grasping my rib cage just to give me what I wanted. But it was like a hunger that seemed that could not be fully satified tonight has he reluctantly pulled away taking a deep breath of much need oxygen.

"You have know idea how bad I want to throw your fine ass into the shower right now." He breathed out biting my lip completely knowing I wanted him just as much but I didn't want to disappoint Lucy.

With a quick chaste kiss we finally parted leaving a grin on our lips as we finally made it out of the room. Elijah said there would be food already there more like a fest of barbecued like burgers and hot dog with many other items people brought down with them.

"So how have you been liking driving my truck." He smirked as usual lifting me into the seat then opened the back door to pull out a white t-shirt sliding it on as he came around to the driver side turning the key with a roar of the engine.

"Maybe enough to not give it back." I relied cheekily as he took my hand bringing it to his lips with a gentle kiss to the back.

"Oh I'm getting it back sweetheart once your jeep is finished. Which I'm making some changes too as well so it will be safer to drive on the terrain up here all year round." He explained as my eyes widened in fear of what these changes entailed. "Don't worry I'm just having him raise it more with bigger tires and a bigger transmission to go along with the new engine we had to replace." He clarified as he pulled the truck onto the dirt road to the highway.

"You had to replace the engine!"

"Well once he took a look at it he said it would just be better to replace. I just told him to do what was necessary for it to be safe out here. It will make me feel better knowing you will have no problems with it once he's done with it." He examined as I shook my head betting he was just having fun with it too.

I didn't truly mind if it meant I would have his truck longer. I had gotten quite attached to it these last few days feeling on top of the forest in it. It had such a smooth ride and fun to drive even for the short distance I travelled for. I was still surprised that he let me drive it so easily knowing most men cherished there cars like they were there babies but I was happy to know my safety was more his concern then a truck.

It didn't take long for him to get to the highway as the country music played thru the speakers watching the trees fly by as my hand in his rest in the center laced together. He had turned the opposite direction of the grill going toward the way I came in. It was only a mile or two down before he made a turn back into the woods that didn't seem anywhere close to looking like a road or even a path going over rocks and threw deep brush. We rounded around the mountain till we came to a few boulders with the headlights poking in between them to see a blazing fire and the sounds of the waterfall cascading down to the small basin of water. Quickly Elijah hopped out opening my door as I slipped into his awaiting arms settling me down on the ground.

"Now don't go anywhere without the girls or me okay. I don't want you out of my sight for a second." He stated understanding his concerns but by the sounds of several people by the several cars we parked by it seeing this place was packed.

"Don't worry this place is crawling with people. I'll be fine. I'll probably be with the girls all night and Lucy's hair sticks out like a beckon even more so with a roaring fire to match." I smiled cheekily as he sighed pecking my lips lacing our fingers together as he pulled me to the opening of the rock formation to see a large bonfire with several tables set up with food and two barbeques going even one being manned by Ellis.

"Finally you guys showed up. Lucas was even making bet if you guys were even going to come." Lucy said grasping my free arm with a huge smile seeing we had the same taste in cloths tonight almost looking like twins minus the shawl and adding the plaid to her skirt with a cute black fluff ball on her hat.

"I wouldn't miss your last night single and to be here when you turn the big eighteen after midnight." I giggled winking to Elijah as he just kissed my cheek saying he was going to get a beer while I asked for a rum and coke.

"I have a feeling that's your favourite drink." He smirked as I scowled but nonetheless took off to the liquor table.

"So tomorrow I was going to head to Elizabeth's at like ten are you still going to come with me?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. And anyways I want to ask her about my pendant. The creature I told you about said it's seen it before. I wonder if she may know anything about it."

"Elizabeth is really a talented witch, maybe she can do a reading on it or something."

"Ya maybe. I just hope she can give me some type of answers about it." I hoped grasping the the stone in question as I looked to the roaring fire with several people chatting around.

A truck was parked in the outer center of the clearing with a turntable set up in the bed with speakers on the side of the trucks playing the loud new age music. It was a complete party out here with kegs and what looked to be a full bar with bottles upon bottles of alcohol. Moments later my own red cup was being placed in my hands with Elijah sipping out of a beer bottle. It didn't take long till Kara and Marcus showed up with there own red cups looking the pair with grins.

"What's up with you two." Lucas started coming up beside Elijah with a curious eye taking a long drink of his beer.

"Just waiting for that fifty buck you owe us... each." Kara grinned as I rolled my eyes seeing that Lucy wasn't joking about this betting game.

"You'll get you damn money tomorrows."

"Ya just like that rematch you promised weeks ago." Marcus countered playfully.

"You'll get your rematch. I didn't think you would be gunning so hard to taste the dirt again." He bantered as Marcus scowlded.

"That was just a lucky shoot. It won't happen again." He growled murderously at him.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Lucas sung drowning the last of his drink another as Marcus followed seeming not down with his pissing contest.

"I better follow them before it turns into a full out brawl between those two." Elijah sighed kissing my lips sweetly then was off after the bickering two.

"What?" I said turning to full grinning girls as I narrowed my eyes on them.

"Its nothing." Kara stated looking to Lucy as she sipped her drink.

"It's just you two are so cute together I just can't help to be happy for you guys." Seeming to fill in that nothing with obviously something.

"He deserves that type of happiness your giving him. I'm glad you didn't murder his ass with that shot gun of yours." Kara retorted reminding me of my threat I made to him that felt so long ago now.

"I think that's got to be the best story yet on how you meet your significant other." I mused sipping my sweet and strong drink looking back over to the dance floor. Spotting Penelope and her boyfriend dancing away. Mariah wasn't to far away now in Ellis arms with a big grin. Todd seemed to be using his time to the max with that guy Porter in a center of a group of girls that appeard to hang off his every word.

"Damn that man is to hot for his own good." Lucy said following my line of sight apparently.

"You only think that because everytime he comes back he smell apparently devine to you." Kara blurted as Lucy's cheeks heightened with a deep blush.

"Well sorry if he has this intoxicating scent that I can't get out of my mind. And anyways it's always so faint it doesn't last long the longer he's here." She explained annoyingly while I shook my head in wonder at these two.

"Sure." Kara retorted with a roll of her eyes obviously not believing her as her blue eyes wandered back to the man in question.

"Whatever. Now no talk of annoying boys and let's get drunk!" Lucy declared throwing her drink in the air as Kara and I looked to each other with a shrug and followed suit.

We did as cheered drinking with a lot of dancing and giggling together unaffected by the cool night that felt good to my heated skin. The fire with the liquor kept me toasted glad to have listened to Elijah as the girls and I turned to the music. Penelope with Mariah joined us in our little wasted party taking shots of what another girl said was moonshine apparently mixed with apple cider so it's wasn't harsh tasting. It burned down my throat with the apple after taste mixed with the cider settling on my tongue warmly. The food was amazing with cheesy burgers and homemade potato chips hoping with the carbs will help with the hangover I was sure to have tomorrow.

"It seems like all of you are getting quite smashed." Lucas stated as we all giggled with defiant yes from all of us.

"You two are such trouble makers. Sirenna sweetheart, have you been drinking with them evenly." Suddenly feeling warm arms wrap around my waist shooting tingles up my sides with a giddy feeling hearing Elijah's tantalizing voice float beside by ear.

"Shit by shot cup by pop." I giggled feeling my cheeks almost numb by how much I was smiling and laughing with everyone.

"Shit. She's beyond wasted." Marcus declared suddenly seeing two of him as I patted what I hope was his chest.

"You are right on that account Sir Marcus." I giggled as he chuckled deeply while Lucas sounded to follow suit.

"She going to hate life tomorrow." Lucas remarked sounding amused as I turned to look up to a concerned Elijah.

"Baby I'm fine." I assured wrapping my arms around his neck as his arms wind around me tightly. "It just mean tomorrow you'll have me in bed all day because I can guaranty I won't be wanting to leave it." I said seeing concern turn into a large grin already seeing his eyes light up with having me stuck in bed all day alone at his mercy no less.

"Hey you still have to come with me to Elizabeth's tomorrow." Lucy whined as I face planted myself into Elijah's chest.

"Shit." They all bursted out laughing as I groaned very unladylike.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 953 112
When I locked my gaze with hers, everything became clearer. While my wolf screamed 'Mate' in my head with joy and excitement. I whispered with despai...
62.2K 1.5K 44
My dream continued the one I'd been having for the past couple of nights. I ran, gasping for breath, through the familiar woods from a dark figure be...
33.4K 1.8K 52
Cold seeps into my bones as I wander the dark forest before me; the frigid air from the mountains enveloping me in a tight, chilling grip. Shadows da...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...