Guilty | FMA

By Tuff-Stuff

I don't know what I was getting my hopes up for. What type of girl would fall for a suit of armor? *** Alphon... More

Summary
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter One

6.1K 219 175
By Tuff-Stuff

Hey there. Here's the first new edited chapter of Alphonse x Reader, as of August 4, 2014. Enjoy, and remember, no mean comments! I do not own FMA!! (obviously)

~FullmetalOtaku

***

I sigh and look out the window, scenes flashing before me. It all seemed to be just a whirl of color, none of which I could see clearly enough to define. Beautiful, yet, untouchable. The colors of which I always admired as a kid.

Glancing over, I see Brother has fallen fast asleep. It was always like him to do so, right before we've reached the desired destination. It was inconvenient, really, especially because Winry grills us enough as it is, without us being late. 

The train seemed to be coming to a stop. Brother, being an extremely persistent person, is nearly impossible to wake up. I tap his shoulder, but he only moves away. I slap his face, but that only aroused snores.

Dang it. It really was irritating, seeing him sleep so peacefully when it was time to get off this train. All I really wanted to do is get to Winry's...

"Edward, Winry's waiting for you," I bribe, resorting to the most cruel way to wake him up. I knew he cared a ton for Winry, and that she cared a ton for him.

Lucky, he's that likable.

Brother jerks awake, golden eyes bright and shining in the light. I sigh as he looks around, believing my deceitful way of awakening him. This was so unlike me. Evil, and lying. I love it.

Just kidding, I don't!! Ga, why am I so darn mean?!

"Ga, why'd you do that, Al?" he whines, after finally realizing that Winry wasn't here. "And I DUN CARE IF SHE'S HERE, WHY'D YOU THINK THAT!?"

I sigh and shake my head, disbelieving. He could deny it all he wanted, and not even the most believing person would find it true.

"Come on, she really is waiting for us," I remind him, almost apologetically. "The train stopped, too. Lets go?"

Brother nods, grumbling grudgingly under his breath. I don't see why he's so intent on denying the emotions he so obviously has, when he's so lucky to have someone.

Someone who doesn't judge him, that is. Must be nice...

We carefully get off the train, Brother lazily and me clumsily. Four years, and I'm still not used to being such a large suit of armor. It was quite embarrassing, and frustrating, when I would go and bust something. I hate this.

Resembool still looked as warm as ever. Must feel nice. The wind surrounding us blows at Brother's golden hair, and I sigh.

What wouldn't I give to feel that warmth, or chill, or anything at all for that matter, again.

"Hey," Brother says softly, catching my attention. "Are you alright? You don't seem like yourself lately..."

I force a smile. A smile that no one could see, no matter how large or distinguished it may be. I find that smiling, even though no one could see it....made me sound happier. Much happier than I honestly was.

"Yeah," I sigh. "I'm...fine. Just....tired of all this traveling, is all."

Brother looks at his sadistic, busted automail arm, then returns an apologetic gaze in my direction. He felt bad for breaking his automail, but he probably broke it on purpose. Just to go see Winry.

And he still denies his obvious feelings....

Oh well. He was stubborn. Persistent. Intent on appearing strong, and invulnerable. He's been that way for a while now. Ever since we lost our bodies, and before he burned our house down. He didn't burn just housing material, though.

He burnt memories along with it.

"Hey, hey, maybe Winry cooked," Brother says excitedly, practically drooling at the prospect of eating Winry's food. "That'd be awesome!"

"I bet it would," I lament, thinking about how good our childhood friend could cook. Ever since I've been bound to this armor, I couldn't eat, sleep, breathe, feel... You know, just all those essentials.

"Dun worry," Brother smiles quietly, resorting to reassuring like he always does. "You'll be able to eat her food again soon enough. I promise."

"Yeah." Is all I say, not wanting to remind him that he's been telling this to me since the day we left. It was long enough to have lost hope, no matter how hard I cling onto it. I couldn't tell Brother, though. That would break his heart, and the last thing I want to do is hurt the one family member I had left.

We proceed to walk in silence when we don't see anyone to meet us. It was puzzling, in a way, because this was one of the few times Brother bothered to call in advance. I'll bet that he just wanted to here her voice... Even if it was just through the phone.

Resembool looks exactly how it did when we left. Same grass. Same trees. Same sun. Only difference was the changes in weather. It was almost summer, or so I assumed from the brightness of the sun. Sometime around June, or August.

"I can see the house," I state, feeling awkward from the growing silence and tension. Also, I could see the yellow building, wavering slightly in the apparent heat. As a kid, I could just barely remember how I'd always complain about the way I'd just fry.

"Do you wanna knock, Alphonse?" Brother glances at me in a shaky, slightly panicky way. He must be fearing the wrath of Winry's infamous wrench.

Coward.

"If I must," I sigh, frowning an invisible frown. "Hard to believe you're the older one, Br-"

"JUST KNOCK ALREADY!" Brother looks offended, probably believing that I was referring to his diminutive nature versus my.....not-so-small one. I think he forgets that I don't like my size, either. "It's better you than me, anyways. You wouldn't be able to feel it."

Shrugging, trying to seem alright when I really felt that familiar pain of sensitivity, I raise my hand up to the wood to knock. Before I could do so, however, the door swings open. Looks like Winry's beat me to it!

Out swings a metallic object, traveling at high speed. It misses me, but hits Brother full in the face. He falls back, clutching his nose and staining his fingers red. Blood was gushing from his nostrils, and he moans in pain. I wasn't worried, though. He got hit like this all the time.

"EDWARD ELRIC!" Winry screams, appearing at the doorway. A flame of anger was flickering in her deep blue eyes, but I could tell she was happy to see Brother.

"MY AUTOMAIL!" she shrieks in horror, running over to her injured client and yanking his metal arm upward-causing Brother to yell in pain. I sigh and facepalm awkwardly. It wasn't a facepalm, but more of an Armor Palm.

[A/N: the term "Armor Palm" is an originally thought and/or concept, made by MechaOtaku. As she always says, she deserves credit for that!]

"ITS MY AUTOMAIL!" he gasps. "WHICH IS WHY I CAN FEEL IT BEING RIPPED FROM MY SOCKETS!"

Winry drops him, none too gentle, and folds her arms. Brother glares back at her with his piercing, golden gaze. No matter how intense it seemed, I knew that this was a normal routine. They won't kill each other...I think.

"Just what were you doing?!" Winry inquires with hostility. "Your arm could fall off any second now!"

"Okay, one, its only gonna fall off cause you yanked on it!" Brother snips, with equal aggression of course. "And two... NONE OF YO BUSINESS!"

I know that this fight will go on for a while. Once they begin a dispute, they don't stop until someone bursts into tears. (I mean you, Winry)

I make a sound, like I was clearing my throat. I didn't want this to go too far, so I found it best to intervene now. They both look up at me, faces red with anger, and I try not to run away.

"S-sorry," I stammer nervously, afraid one of them would hit me. Didn't matter that I wouldn't be able to feel it. The gesture is pain enough. Pain enough I tell you!

Winry scoffs, despite the fact that I could tell she was grateful to not be fighting with Brother. He also seems thankful, but that's for a different reason.

"Fine," Winry sighs, casting her gaze towards the front porch. "I'll get started on your stupid-that hurt to say-arm. You can go grab something to eat, Edward."

"YUS!" Brother shouts, immediately abandoning his position on the ground and sprinting into the house. Winry rolls her eyes at him and shakes her head disapprovingly, but I could still see her affection that she felt as looks after him.

Wearily, she gestures for me to go inside. Awkwardly, I obey with the intention of avoiding her steel weapon. The familiarity of this house comes from years as a child, as this home is next door to where our house used to be.

When I go inside, I'm surprised to find a girl sitting at the table. Her [h/c] hair shone brightly in the sun, [e/c] eyes twinkling as she looked my way. Her head was bandaged all the way around, as if she were wounded, and she wore long pants and a sleeved shirt.

I couldn't help but marvel at how pretty she is. Even if she was injured, she was just gorgeous. The beauty of her eyes, and the way she seemed to be nothing but real. Perfect, if you ask for my opinion.

"Hi," she smiles, causing me to freeze even more. I couldn't move one step. She just...captivated me. She was far too perfect.

"H-hello...." Was my stammering reply. HELLO!? How old fashioned am I?! This is an outrage! I probably said the wrong thing!! Man, she probably hates me, doesn't she?!

"Oh, right!" Winry speaks from her work table, as if just remembering something. "This is [y/n]! She lives with us now."

I look down, unable to sustain her twinkling gaze much longer. There was only one thought swirling inside my head.

[y/n]. Such a pretty name, for such a beautiful girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 429 31
The world where I am born is cruel. My country, this so small country, Amestris, is leaded by war, in hope peace would come one day. My first friends...
146 10 6
What if the Elric's had an older sister. Someone to show them right from wrong, to help raise them. As the eldest, wouldn't that be a lot? to take ca...
91.3K 1.9K 117
This is a book about every FMA fan's favorite armored cutie Alphonse Elric and reader oneshots. Enjoy the cinnamon roll that is Alphonse Elric 😉
12.1K 667 15
This is my first ever fan fiction story, so please no hate. This is an Edward x Reader story. You've been friends with Edward and Alphonse Elric for...