Chapter Seven

This is a chapter that I've had to start from scratch! These are going to start happening, now that I've begun to extend the book some. I hope you readers are getting excited! Sorry if this isn't making much sense yet...it'll get there!

~FullmetalOtaku

***

Sitting across the table awkwardly, I stare into the beauty of [y/n]'s alit face. She was smiling at me smally, tilting her head to the side with curiosity.

"Why're you staring at me?" she asks kindly, a chuckle hiding behind her words. "Do I have something on my face?"

"N-no!" I immediately deny. "No. You look amazing, I just couldn't help but want to stare at you...Ack, that sounded so stupid!" I immediately start freaking out at my lack of poetry in my words.

"Alphonse, it's alright," [y/n] laughs kindly. "I promise, you don't have to be so stiff on our date. I'm flattered, really."

"I-if you say so..." I mumble to myself. Then, fishing for topic opportunities, I start to ask her stupid questions. "So, we haven't really gotten to know the small stuff about each other..." I mutter. "Have we..."

"So you wanna take turns asking each other questions?" [y/n] reads my mind. "Can I go first?" I was taken aback, but nodded my head eagerly anyways. I wanted to know everything about her.

"Okay, so, what's your favorite color?" she asks me. I have to think for a moment on this one, because I honestly don't know well. I finally reach the conclusion.

"My favorite color would probably have to be..." I think for a moment. "Aha! I know! It would probably be silver." 

"Gee, I wonder why." [y/n] smirks smally, and I laugh nervously. "My favorite color would probably have to be [y/f/c]."

"That's a nice color," I comment. "Okay, so...my turn... Uhm, what's your favorite...book?" [y/n] thinks for a moment.

"Well...I've read so much...." she sighs. "But if I had to choose just one, it would probably be [y/f/b]." I frown a bit.

"I can't say I've heard of that one before." I was puzzled. I've read so much, yet I haven't read that book. "Mine would definitely have to be the Basic Guide to Alchemy. My first alchemy book."

"I remember reading that!" [y/n] smiles, biting into her food carefully as the waiter comes and leaves with it. She looks extremely into eating it, at that time, and starts to eat it in much larger portions. "Mkay, so, whaz your favorite fing in the wurld?" Her voice was muffled with food.

"Uhm, I have lots of those," I state. "But one of my absolute favorites...would probably have to be the rain. I love the rain, and always have."

"That's cool!" she smiles, swallowing her food and eating more. "Uhmm....I would have to say that curling up in a ball, where the sun is hitting the carpet and falling asleep, is my favorite." Aw, just like a kitty!

"What about- [y/n]?" I stop short, upon seeing her paled features. She looked like she was going to be sick. "[y/n]?! What's wrong?!"

[y/n] opens her mouth, but insted of talking, she rushes off to the nearest trash can and begins to throw up. Horrified, and terribly worried about her, I rush over there and rub her back as the nearby customers begin to stare at us. I try to block their view.

When she comes up for air, her eyes were filled with tears. The manager makes his way over to us, looking disgusted.

"Sir, ma'am, I'm afraid you both will have to leave," he states. "And you aren't allowed to come back, either." I glare at him.

"Yes sir, I understand," I spit coldly, getting defensive at the mean look he's giving [y/n]. No one should be allowed to look at her that way. Gently, I take her hand and lead her outside, sitting her down at a bench. She clutches her stomach, whimpering as the tears fall slowly.

"Hey now, don't cry..." I soothe, carefully wiping away her tears with a gentle finger. "[y/n]..." She sniffles.

"I ruined everything!" she bursts, voice shaking. "I-I really w-wanted this date to w-work out! A-and now you probably don-don't even want to be seen with me!"

"Hey, I think this date worked out plenty good," I assure her kindly. "I feel really bad for taking you to a restaraunt that got you sick. Do you think you'll be okay? I promise, the only person I'm upset with is myself."

[y/n] whimpers, and buries her face in my chestplate. Too embarrassed to be seen. Looking around to be sure that no one could see, I carefully take the chestplate off and help her inside of my armor. I wanted to carry her home in the best way possible.

"Is it okay if I take you home this way?" I ask, adjusting the plate as soon as she was safely inside. I knew that I had to be absolutely careful with her, so I didn't hurt her by accident or maybe upset her stomach.

"Y-yeah," she sniffles tearfully, voice echoing. This was strange, to have someone that could reply to my words inside of my armor, but it was worth getting her home safely. I begin to walk carefully, slowly making progress.

"I-I'm really sorry for ruining the date," [y/n] fusses. "I feel like I've totally messed everything up between the two of us..."

"Hey, you didn't," I state firmly. "I think things between us are perfect! Really, they are. You make me feel so happy, and I wouldn't mind if you threw up on every single date if you needed to. It wasn't your fault, it was the crappy manager." I hate that manager.

"I-I'm glad you feel that way," she sniffles, a weak and watery smile in the sound of her voice. I smile to myself, and continue to carry her all the way to Winry's house. When we reach it, I take her inside and straight up to her room.

Turning around as she got dressed in the corner, and blushing, I turn back around to find her in a pair of comfortable sweats. She lays down, and I tuck her in bed, gently pushing her hair from her eyes.

"I hope you feel better soon, [y/n]," I smile softly. She was already sleeping, as soon as her head hit the pillow.

And I didn't leave her side for a second.