Under The Wisteria Tree- Cind...

By UltimateFangirlLlama

Matthew is a loner-a quiet boy who's used to being overshadowed by his brother and everyone around him. He's... More

Chapter 1-Matthew
Chapter 2 - Gilbert
Chapter 3-Matthew
Chapter 4 - Gilbert
Chapter 5-Matthew
Chapter 6 - Gilbert
Chapter 7-Matthew
Chapter 8 - Gilbert
Chapter 10 - Gilbert
Chapter 11-Matthew

Chapter 9-Matthew

167 7 4
By UltimateFangirlLlama

A.N. Hey guys!!! THANK YOU FOR THE READS! It means a lot. Okay, in all seriousness, this is where chapters just won't be uploaded as often. Sorry guys, but as i'm sure you know, school isn't easy. Anyway, enough of that! Enjoy!

I kissed him I kissed him I kissed him I kissed him.

Those were the only thoughts racing through my mind as I left the palace that night. I kissed him. I freaking kissed him. Oh maple. My face could probably put one of Lovi's favorite tomatoes to shame right now.

And yet...he kissed me back. Not only did he kiss me back, he made it last long. And it was cute and romantic and just...oh maple!

After we kissed, I remember how we looked into each other's eyes for so long afterwards. I'll never forget the look of pure happiness that we shared.

Even our goodbyes were breathless, as we couldn't wait to see each other again.

It had only been two days, but I already felt my feelings rapidly changing from like to love.

But really...me? The beautiful, kind, funny, awesome Gilbert was interested in me? In a crowd of people, was I truly the first face he saw? All my life, I'd been trying to have people give me a second glance, and now...it was a wonderful feeling. It filled me with a comfort, and it felt like home. Was this how love felt? I had never felt it before, and I was so happy to feel the beginning of it now. 

Alfred seemed to notice my blushing on the car ride home.

"Okay dude, now I'm a little suspicious..."

"W-whatever do you mean?" I jumped and turned to face him.

"You're blushing like there's no tomorrow."

"Oh, um...w-well, I..." What to say? If I tell him that I kissed Gilbert, he'd make fun of me and maybe even use it as blackmail-or worse, get seriously mad!

"I, um...may have kissed Gilbert...? And he, uh, maybe kissed back...?" I stammered. Alfred stared at me in a shocked sort of silence for a moment. I then noticed that Francis and Arthur had also been completely silent, and must have heard the whole thing for themselves.

Alfred was the first to react. "YOU KISSED HIM?! You? You kissed him first? This is....hahahahaha! Good for you, dude!" He pat me on the back with such force that I lurched forward in my seat.

"There goes proper courtship," Arthur huffed. "I know it was courtship technically, but it's only been two days."

"Don't be so traditional, mon amour~" Francis teased. "I'm very happy for you, mon fil."

"Alfred...you won't tease me about it, right?" I asked tentatively.

"Huh? What are you talking about? Of course I'm going to tease you! I'm never gonna let you forget it!"

"Ugghhh," I buried my face in my hands. I underestimated him.

"But here," He offered. "When I kiss Kiku, I'll be sure to tell you."

"You haven't yet?"

"Not everyone falls in love during two nights, dude."

"Oh...yeah."

"Now now, here's an idea-when we get home, let's have some ice cream to celebrate for everyone!" Cheered Francis.

"It's one in the morning, though..." I said.

"Since when is that a problem?" Arthur gave one of his trademark "soft smiles" that made him so easy to fall in love with. (According to Francis.)

"Alright!" Alfred raised his fists in the air. "Ice cream at home!"

******************************

"So you really did kiss him? Details! Details!"

"Elizabeta, for the last time, I kissed him first. It was quick and brief, but he continued it."

Elizabeta was one of my closest friends, and I could always rely on her to confide in and remember me. Other than my family, I felt the most comfortable telling her about the kiss first.

Unfortunately, I conveniently forgot that she was obsessed with anything boys-love related.

"But was there tongue?"

"Eep! No no! There was no tongue! It was my first kiss, Elizabeta, of course it wasn't a french kiss!" I blushed. 

"Hmmm....are you sure?"

"I think I would have remembered!"

Elizabeta laughed. "I know, I know. I'm just teasing. I'm glad you found some love."

"T-thanks. So am I."

After we chatted for a few more minutes, I decided to call up the Vargas brothers. I hadn't exactly talked to them last night, and I wanted to see how they were doing.

"What the hell do you want?" Came Lovi's familiar greeting.

"Just wanted to say hi!"

"Huh? Oh, hi Mattie. How're things with the prince?" He asked.

"Good," I replied. I wasn't ready to tell everyone about the kiss yet. "What about you and Antonio?"

"What about that bastard?!" He exclaimed. "He's an idiot. Why would I want anything to do with him? So what if he's kind, and funny, and cheerful..."

I smirked. "You sure seem interested in talking to him."

"What?! Yeah right! I'm not interested at all! W-we can stop talking about him any second now. We're not talking about him right now. Nope. No we're not."

"Lovi, I'm one of your closest friends. Talk to me."

Lovi sighed. "Fine, so I'm a little interested in him. What's it to you?"

I giggled. "That's really cute, Lovi!"

"S-shut it! Look, I have to go."

"Tell Feli I say hi!"

"Yeah, whatever. See you tonight."

"Alright, bye!" I noticed myself waving and put my hand down self consciously. We were on the phone. He wouldn't see me!

"Uh-huh. And Mattie?" 

"Yeah?"

"I bet your night will go fine. You're a worrier, so don't worry so much. He obviously likes you a lot."

I grinned. "Thanks Lovi. See you tonight."

*********************************************

The sight of a man sitting on my windowsill without warning was no longer an astonishing thing, or even an abnormal thing. It just was. So when Tino let himself into my room to check on me, I only looked up from my preparations to say hello.

"Moi!" He said. "Are you ready for the third night?"

"As ready as I'll ever be. Do you think I maybe...kissed him too soon?" This had been bugging me for awhile.

"If you truly do like each other, than it's totally fine! Don't worry. Trust me," He affirmed.

"Maybe...maybe I should get his number?" After my phone calls today, the idea also struck me.

Tino clapped his hands. "That sounds like a great idea!" He walked over to me and grabbed my shoulders, looking me straight in the eyes with a sort of pride and cheer. "Remember-you can do this. Just be yourself."

"That's never gotten me very far. It's never made me noticed..."

"But it is now, isn't it?" He beamed. "And besides, even if the whole world doesn't hear your voice, as long as you have the people in your life who care about you...that's what's important. I want you to realize that."

I am forgotten sometimes. I've said it before-I'm quiet and unassuming. However, I have friends who care about me. I have a family who loves me. I have someone new in my life who I'm so lucky to feel the beginnings of love with. I don't need every eye in the room on me. I just need the people I love to hear me.

And if the day ever comes when I need the whole world to see me...well, I'll make sure it happens.

My quiet life has been shaken, and I am more than content.

"Thank you, Tino. I understand now."

"Really? Then I'm glad. I really am happy and proud of you, Mattie." He turned and started to head towards the window. "Good luck!"

"Wait!" I exclaimed. "Don't you want to come with me? I feel bad leaving you behind."

"Oh, thank you for asking!" He blushed. "But I have dinner with my husband, Berwald. I've got to go. I'll see you later, then!" He waved.

"Bye Tino!"

Alright, tonight is the last night. I can't help but wonder what's going to happen after It's all over, but I have to do my best to live in the now. I remembered Gilbert, who I was slowly falling in love with, and I knew that any time I could spend with him would be precious.

I can put my nerves away for this. I am important and I can be noticed. I'm ready to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 166 17
When Matthew's had enough, he hides deep within his mind in a trance-like sleep. However, a different person takes over for him while he's like this...
3.5M 111K 35
Nathan, a shy boy, is a closet gay. No one knows besides people close to him. He figures he'll never find a person who will love him. That is, unti...
77.1K 2.5K 22
He was always forgotten. He didn't have any friends. Just a stuffed polar bear. Although, when a certain albino boy shows up, he finds that he's not...
31.5K 897 42
Summary: George, a beautiful-looking boy at the age of 17 has been going through a tremendous amount of stress, constantly piling from his parent's...