Idyllic - Glenn Rhee

By ariesrhee

Idyllic (adjective) like an idyll; extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque. ●#1 in stevenyeun - 09/05/2018●... More

•Idyllic•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Six•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Nineteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Three•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Sequel•
NEW BOOK

•Twenty Four•

764 16 1
By ariesrhee

It's been around 6 months since the Governor attacked us, since then we've brought in more people and given them a home. We have a garden now and pigs we can use for food, there's been no sign of the Governor and no one's been bit in 30 days. All we can do is hope it stays like this.

Glenn and I were lying in bed, he slowly moved my arm and sat up. "I don't want you going today." He sighed.

I had a pregnancy scare, I'm sure I'm not but we won't know for sure until I get my hands on a test and this was clearly the reason he wasn't wanting me to go on the run.

"Glenn, I'm going. This is what I do, it's what I'm good at." I tried to convince him.

"What if-"

"I'm going and that's that." I told him, placing a small kiss on his lips before getting dressed and leaving the cell, not allowing him to protest.

I walked outside and started loading up one of the cars.

"Hey, I'd like to start pulling my weight around here." One of the new guys said to me.

"Bob, it's only been a week." I told him, with a sigh.

"Yeah, and that's a weeks worth of meals." He quickly shot back with a shrug.

"I don't even know you yet. You were on your own when Daryl found you and out there on those runs we play as a team, I just need to make sure you can do that." I sighed leaning against the car.

"You know he was a medic in the army." Glenn informed me with a small smile.

"Okay." I nodded, realising that would be useful. "just listen to everything I say, we gotta be safe." I ordered getting in the car.

***

We arrived at the place we were gonna do the sweep. I stepped out of the car, grabbing my bow and quiver as I made my way over to the fence.

"Alright, lets make a sweep. Grab what you can we'll come back tomorrow with more people." I ordered placing an arrow in my bow as I walked to the front of the store.

Daryl sat at the edge of the window and banged his elbow on it. "Just give it a second."

"I think I got it." Zach suddenly announced, smiling over at Daryl.

"Got what?" Michonne questioned as we all eyed the young boy.

"I've been trying to guess what Daryl did before the outbreak." He told us.

"Yeah you've been tryna guess for 6 weeks." Daryl mocked, with a small chuckle.

"I'm pacing myself." Zach held up his hands in defence.

"Alright shoot." Daryl encouraged.

"Homicide cop." Zach said causing us all to laugh.

"Whats so funny?" Daryl asked. "He's right, undercover."

"Dude, really?" Zach excitedly asked.

Daryl turned to Zach giving him a look that said 'No.'

Just then walkers began to bash on the windows from in the store, we carefully killed them and dragged them outside.

"Alright, stay safe and keep it quick." I ordered, making my way into the store.

I took my cart and did a sweep through my isle, I stopped in my tracks as I seen pregnancy tests. I slowly picked one up with my shaky hand.

I sighed to myself did I even want a baby? I mean we're finally safe, we have a good home but how long was it going to last? Is it too much of a risk?

I placed the test in my bag, not wanting anyone else to see. I carried on down the isle picking up useful things as I went.

My head snapped around when I heard a loud crash and Bob scream out.

"What happened?" I yelled out trying to find my way around the store.

"It's alright, we're over at wine and beer!" Zach called back.

I started running towards them, slowing as they came into my sight.

"Every-" I was cut off as a walker fell through the roof, hanging on by its guts.

"Yeah, uh we should probably go now." Glenn suggested looking towards me.

"Bob's still stuck lets get him out." Tyreese ordered.

Suddenly one after another walkers started falling through the roof, dozens of them beginning to walk towards us.

"Zach watch out!" I shouted as I sent an arrow through a walkers skull that was inches away from taking a chunk out of his neck.

I took my knife out stabbing the walkers as they came towards me. Everyone began to back up as walkers came towards them.

I turned around as a walker lunged itself at me pushing me to the floor, my knife went skidding across the smooth floor leaving me with only my hands to defend myself, I tried to push the walkers face away from me but as I did its skin ripped off with it.

"Anna!" I heard Glenn yell from across the isle as he came running towards me.

He quickly plunged his knife into the walkers skull as he ripped it off me. I jumped to my feet, grabbing my bow and knife.

"Guys we need to go now!" I yelled before I ran to the shelf trying to help Bob escape as his foot was still caught. "Zach lift it there." I ordered motioning to the shelf. As Bob escaped I looked up to see a helicopter falling through the roof.

"Anna! Come on!" I heard multiple people yell.

As I went to run I heard a scream of pain next to me, a walker had bit into Zach's leg and began to pull him under the shelf.

"No!" I screamed as I went to plunge my knife into the walkers.

"It's too late we gotta go." Daryl ordered me, grabbing my wrist as a walker tore into Zach's  neck.

We ran out the store as the helicopter fell through the roof, destroying the building.

***

We made it back the prison and I went straight to the bathroom, I took the small box out of my bag and opened it up pulling out the pregnancy test.

I quickly did what I had to do and waited. After a few minutes, I slowly picked it up and looked at it.

"Thank God." I breathed out. I was honestly relieved that I wasn't pregnant but a small part of me was sad, we're safe here it may be the best time.

I made my way towards my cell where Glenn was lying on the bed facing the ceiling.

"Daryl's telling Beth." He announced as I walked in.

"About Zach?" I questioned.

"Yeah." He replied with a small smile.

"I'm not pregnant." I told him as I walked towards him.

He immediately sat up. "You know?" He questioned.

"I know." I confirmed.

"Thank God." He let out a large sigh, gripping my hips and placing his head on my stomach.

"Honestly, I'm a little disappointed." I admitted.

"What? How can you say that, after Lori?" He asked, almost in disgust.

"Because I love you, I want to have a life with you, I want to have a family with you and we can do that here. This can really be our home." I told him running my hands through his hair before kissing him.

****

I was woken up by a flash and the sound of a camera clicking.

"Sorry." Glenn laughed.

"What is that? Hey! What is that?" I demanded to know as I grabbed the small Polaroid from Glenn's hand. "Ughh throw that away!"

"Yeah, not gonna happen." He said as he placed a kiss on my head before opening the hatch and climbing down the guard tower.

I got up and dressed and walked to the side of the guard tower, I took my binoculars out and glanced around the fields. I saw Michonne talking with Rick and Carl as she saddled her horse. I climbed down the steps of the guard tower and made my way over to them.

"Hey, you're leaving again?" I questioned Michonne.

"Yeah." She told me, leading her horse out of the stable.

"Stay." I pleaded. Michonne and I had become extremely close over the past few months, she was someone I could definitely count on. I care for her a lot, she's the closest thing I have left to remembering Andrea.

"If the Governor is still out there, I have to find him." She declared.

"Michonne, he's gone. Please just stay, it's too dangerous out there. It's not worth it." I told her grabbing her shoulder.

"I can't stay here, not when he's out there. I can't." She said climbing on her horse and giving me a small smile before taking off.

I turned to Rick who was busy gardening. "Need so-" I was cut off by gun shots ringing out through the prison and screaming.

"Cells blocks?" Maggie yelled from a guard tower.

"I don't know!" I yelled back.

"Carl, Anna, go to the guard tower with Maggie! Don't argue." Rick ordered Carl and I.

Rick and I had also become very close over the past few months, He was like a brother to me. We had very similar personalities, we were both natural leaders and this definitely helped us to bond and work together as we as we did.

"Rick! No!" I objected.

"Please, in case anything happens out here." He begged before running away.

I turned around to see Michonne getting off her horse and thrown to the ground by two walkers.

"Carl, Get the gate!" I yelled running for Michonne.

Michonne swiftly kicked one of the walkers away as Carl grabbed a gun, shooting it through the head. We opened the gate and ran to her as she kicked the other walker off, hurting her ankle.

"We got you." I said pulling her up along with Carl.

Michonne leaned on Maggie and I as we led her towards the courtyard.

"Dad!" Carl yelled running over to Rick and hugging him as he walked out of the cell block.

"Hey, you all might want to stay back." Rick told us gently pushing Carl away.

"Why? What happened?" I questioned.

"We think it was a flu. Patrick caught it, he turned and then got to the others." He sighed. "Glenn's okay and so is Hershel and Beth but they were in there. You guys might wanna stay away from them, at least for a few days." He said looking to Maggie and I.

"Okay." I nodded leading Michonne back inside to fix up her ankle.

After patching up Michonne I decided to call a council meeting.

Daryl, Carol, Glenn, Sasha and Hershel were all sat round a table in the library, I decided to stand back a little as I was the only one there who hadn't been exposed.

"Patrick was perfectly fine yesterday and then he just died overnight." Carol told us.

"We need to separate everyone who has been exposed." I ordered.

"That's everyone in that cell block, that's all of us except you." Daryl pointed out.

"Is anyone else showing symptoms that we don't know of?" Hershel questioned.

"We can't just wait and see, there's children here. It isn't just the illness, if people die they become a threat." Carol announced.

"Look what we gotta do is separate them. I need to go help a Maggie clear the fences, can you all please find a place for them to go?" I asked and they nodded as I walked away.

I grabbed a pole and made my way over to Maggie.

"Hey." I greeted my cousin.

"Hey, they just keep coming I don't know how we're gonna stop it." She told me with a worried expression.

"We-" I was cut off when suddenly the fence started to give in.

"Rick!" Maggie yelled causing him and a few others to run over.

"They fence is starting to give!" I called out to them over the loud growls and moans coming from the walkers.

We all began killing the walkers through the fence but they just kept piling up.

"Are y'all seeing this?" Sasha questioned. "Is someone feeding these things?" She pointed to a bunch of dead rats on the floor.

"What the hell."

"It's gonna fall!" Glenn yelled.

We all began pushing against the fence hoping it would stay up but we weren't making much difference.

"Daryl get the truck I know what to do." Rick ordered.

***

After most of the walkers had been cleared away I made my way back into the fields. I looked over to see Rick taking apart the small pen we had built to keep the pigs in. Rick and Daryl had taken the piglets out and fed them to the walkers, to lead them away. They were our source of food but we also believed they were the reason for this disease spreading.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I questioned walking over to him.

"Gotta burn it, ain't no use in having it without the pigs." He told me.

"Yeah I guess." I replied as Carl came over and joined us.

"Stay back." He ordered Carl, not wanting him to get too close.

"Did the pigs make us sick?" Carl questioned.

"Yeah I think so." I mumbled.

"So I wanted to tell you guys something." Carl admitted looking at Rick and I.

"What is it?" I asked with a worried look.

"Carol's been teaching the kids how to use weapons, how to kill. Their parents don't know and she didn't want you guys to know. I think you should let her." He sighed turning to his dad. "And I know you're gonna say that it's not up to you... But it can be."

"Thank you for telling me." Rick said as he poured gas over the broken pen.

"I think it's a good idea, they need to learn to protect themselves." I spoke up.

"I'm not gonna stop her, I won't say anything." Rick told us as he threw a match on the wood and we watched it all go up in flames.

***

SO I'm thinking there might be one or two more chapters of this book?? And then I'll do the sequel!

As always, thank you all for continuing to read this book.

Also remember to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1.1K 53
❝ i love you.. please, please i love you. ❞ 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 x 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐨𝐜 [ 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧, 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬 ] ©sslxu...
28.8K 1.2K 53
NEBULOUS | ❝memories turned nebulous.❞ DEFINITION: in the form of a cloud or haze; hazy. SYNONYMS: indistinct, indefinite, unclear, vague, hazy, clou...
5.9K 201 28
A nurse who is kind and gentle. And a guy who is fierce and rough. Complete opposites. Daryl Dixon x fem'reader story
4.6K 184 30
wolf /wo͝olf/ noun 2. used figuratively to refer to a rapacious, ferocious, or voracious person or thing. "he calls the media ravening wolves" *Book...