Idyllic - Glenn Rhee

By ariesrhee

Idyllic (adjective) like an idyll; extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque. ●#1 in stevenyeun - 09/05/2018●... More

•Idyllic•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Six•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Nineteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Four•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Sequel•
NEW BOOK

•Twenty Three•

889 19 4
By ariesrhee

"We gotta do it today and it's gotta be quiet." Rick ordered.

Him, Daryl, Hershel and I were gathered outside discussing what to do with Michonne.

"Rick, this isn't right." I protested not understanding how they could sacrifice someone like this.

"You got a plan?" Daryl questioned.

"We'll tell her that we need to talk... Away from the others." Rick stated walking towards Daryl.

Daryl sighed and shook his head. "It just ain't us man."

"No, no it isn't." Hershel said as he walked away.

"By doing this, we avoid a fight. No one else dies." Rick tried to convince Daryl and I.

"No. She's family now! This isn't right. You do what you gotta do but I won't be apart of it any longer." I argued as I turned and left.

***

"What the hell is going on?" I asked Rick running outside with my bow, as I heard screaming.

"Over there." He said nodding towards Carl and Maggie who were banging on pots and yelling for walkers to come to the fence, they'd then take their knives and stick them through the walkers heads. "They're clearing the fields." He added.

I looked over to see Daryl, Glenn and Michonne taking out some walkers and placing barbed wire and spikes on the ground, I assumed to help stop the Governor if he decided to attack us again.

"Look Rick, she's helping us again. Please think about what you're going to do." I begged before limping over to the gate and sliding it open for them to drive back into the courtyard.

Rick and I walked over to the car as Daryl, Glenn and Michonne got out.

"If they try drive through the fences again we thought some blunt tyres might stop them." Glenn told us proudly, as he stood beside me.

"Good idea." Rick replied.

"Yeah it was Michonne's." Daryl said giving Rick a small glance.

"We don't have to win, we just have to make their getting at us more trouble than it's worth." Michonne chimed in getting out the car.

***

Daryl and I were standing taking watch when Rick ran over to us.

"I can't find Merle or Michonne, they're gone." Rick announced.

"Isn't that what you wanted?" I questioned giving him a confused look.

"No, I-I changed my mind." He told us, looking upset by the whole situation.

"Come on." Daryl said taking off, Rick and I following.

"He was in here, said he was looking for drugs. Said a lot of things." Daryl told us as we entered a room.

"Like what?" Rick questioned as we all looked around.

"Said you'd change your mind." Daryl replied as he picked something up of the floor. "Yep they were here." He added.

"I'm going after them." Rick declared.

"No, I'll go. You can't track for shit." Daryl argued.

"Then we'll both go." Rick stated.

"No, just me." Daryl said beginning to walk away.

"You can't go on your own." I protested.

"Y'all gotta stay here and be ready." Daryl pointed out. Rick and I simply nodded allowing him to leave.

***

"Hey." Glenn and I said in sync as he walked up to me in the courtyard.

"Carl was looking for you." I told him.

"He found me." He confirmed. "I think we should head over, Rick wanted to talk to everyone." He sighed. "Just uh one more thing before that." He added softly grabbing my hand, he then took something from his pocket and placed it in my hand. I opened up my hand to see a small ring sitting there.

"Yes." I said before he could even ask me, connecting our lips. I smiled into the kiss and pulled him closer, wanting to stay like this forever.

I loved Glenn more than anything, I would die for him. I know we can't properly get married but the thought of even being able to call him my husband made me happier than I ever thought possible.

We eventually made our way over to where Rick and the others were gathered, waiting to hear what Rick had to say, although I knew it would have something to do with the Michonne situation.

"The other day when I met with the Governor, he offered me a deal. He said he would leave us alone... If I gave him Michonne. And I was going to do that to keep us safe." He sighed and I looked around to see everyone in shock. "I changed my mind but Merle took Michonne to fulfil the deal and now I don't know if it's too late, I was wrong not to tell you and I am sorry. What I said last year that night after the farm... It can't be like that, not anymore. Who we are and who we're willing to be, it's not my call. I couldn't sacrifice one of us for the greater good because we are the greater good. I'm not your Governor, we choose to stay or we choose to go but we stick together. We take a vote, we can stay and we can fight or we can go." He finished before walking away.

I watched Rick walk away, towards the guard tower and I decided to follow after him.

"Hey." I greeted, walking over to him and looking out over the prison.

"Hey." He replied.

"So you took my advice, huh?" I laughed.

"You said it... We're in this together, all of us. She's part of that. You were right, I need to stop being their leader, it's not fair. We all have to pull our weight and get through this together." He smiled gently squeezing my shoulder. "Thank you, for reminding me of who I am."

I simply smiled and nodded my head, happy that I was finally getting through to him.

Rick quickly held his sniper up and looked through the scope.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Michonne." He beamed, running down the guard tower towards the gate.

***

After a lot of discussion and voting, we decided to stay and fight but we had to be smart about it. We moved all our things to another part of the prison to make it look as if we were gone. Hershel, Beth, Judith and Carl went too as we needed them to stay out of the action.

Glenn and I took cover at the side of one of the catwalks while everyone else would stay inside and use smoke bombs to chase them out. Once they were out we would open fire.

I saw a few trucks in the distance coming up the dirt road, they blew up one of the guard towers and continued to open fire on the prison.

One of the trucks stopped as it's tyres burst on the spikes and barbed wire we had put down.

The people from Woodbury got out of their trucks and made their way towards the prison, once truck drove through our gate as everyone else followed behind it. They then made their way into the prison.

All Glenn and I could do now is wait.

"W-what if Andrea is with them?" I whispered to Glenn.

"She won't be." He sighed. "She wouldn't do that."

"What if he forced her to? Gave her no choice?" I questioned.

"Hey, look at me. She's not there, Okay? She's not." He spoke softly.

"Okay." I nodded softly walking out onto the catwalk, loading my gun ready to shoot.

We heard banging and gun shots going off in the prison and everyone from Woodbury came running out.

Glenn and I began shooting, not at the people but at the ground. We didn't want to kill them, just to scare them away.

"We did it." I said looking at Glenn.

"We did it." He smiled back at me.

We walked into the courtyard, gathering with everyone else.

"We drove them out." Rick said as we all regrouped.

"We should go after them." Michonne proposed.

"Yeah we should finish it." Daryl agreed.

"It is finished." Maggie objected.

"They could regroup, he's not gonna stop." I spoke up.

"We can't take the fight back to Woodbury, you guys barely made it back last time!" Maggie shook her head in protest.

Rick sighed and began to walk towards the prison. "Come on, lets go check on the others."

After we had checked on the others we decided to go to Woodbury and put and end to all this.

"Rick we're staying, we don't know where the Governor is and if he comes back we'll hold him off." Glenn informed Rick motioning towards Maggie and I.

"I appreciate that." Rick replied.

"I'm going, Andrea's there I have to bring her back." I announced.

"What? No. It's too dangerous." Glenn objected.

"I have to. Please just let me do this." I begged, eventually he nodded and placed a kiss on my head.

I got in the car next to Rick and we drove away to go end this.

We stopped the car and got out seeing the Governors trucks in front of us.

"What the hell." I mumbled to myself.

There was dead bodies lying all over the place, a few walkers chewing on them. I placed an arrow in my bow and shot one in the head as Michonne sliced a few down.

We were looking around when someone slammed their hands against one of the trucks window. We immediately raised our weapons at them and told them to get out the trucks.

The young woman slowly opened the door and raised her hands.

"What happened here?" I questioned lowering my bow.

"The Governor." She cried.

***

We made our way to the walls of  Woodbury, taking cover behind some cars. I left my bow in the car and decided a gun would be a safer idea right now.

A shot rang out next to Rick so we fired back.

"Tyreese! It's me don't shoot!" The woman that we found called out.

"Get down!" I yelled pulling her arm down.

"Karen? Karen are you okay?" The man on the wall called back.

Karen got up and started to walk towards the wall. "I'm fine!"

"Where's the Governor?" Tyreese questioned.

"He fired on everybody! He killed them all." She replied.

"Why are you with them?" He yelled back, confusion apparent on his face.

"They saved me!" Karen answered back.

"We're coming out!" Rick yelled raising his hands and walking towards the gates.

"What are you doing here?" The people I recognised from the prison questioned.

"We were coming to finish this, until we saw what the Governor did." I answered. "Listen, Karen told us that my sister, Andrea jumped the wall. She said she was coming to the prison but she never made it, she might be here. Can we go look?" I asked, praying that she was here.

They eventually let us in and we went to where the Governor was holding Glenn and I.

"He held people down here?" Tyreese grimaced.

"Yeah." I whispered.

We rounded a corner with our guns raised, everyone in front of me suddenly stopped and let their guns fall to their sides. I slowly pushed my way through to see a metal door, at the bottom was a big puddle of fresh blood.

I walked towards the door and slowly pulled it open. On the floor was a dead walker, I looked to my left and there on the floor laid my sister covered in blood.

"Andrea!" I yelled as I knelt next to her. "Are you okay? You're burning up." I questioned feeling her forehead. She slowly pulled down her shirt to reveal my worst nightmare, on her shoulder was a huge chunk missing... she'd been bitten.

"No... No, no, no. You're fine you're gonna be okay." I sobbed as i furiously shook my head, stroking her hair.

"Judith, Carl? The rest of them? Are they okay?" She asked Rick.

"Us. The rest of us." He corrected her.

"I'm sorry." She said turning to me and placing a hand on my cheek as tears streamed down my face. "I should have stayed with you, I just thought I could fix things. I just didn't want anyone to die." She added causing a cry of pain to leave my mouth.

This was like Amy all over again, I could feel pain in my heart as if it was literally breaking.

"I can do it myself." Andrea said looking towards my gun.

"No!" I objected.

"I have to... While I still can." She argued.

Rick gently placed his gun in her hand and stood up.

"Please, please don't leave me. I-I can't do this, I need you." I sobbed unable to catch my breath.

"It's okay... I love you." She softly whispered wiping a few of my tears away.

"I'm glad you found them." She spoke softly to Michonne who was also crying.

She gently hugged Andrea and stroked her hair before leaving the room along with Rick and Daryl.

I gently cradled Andrea as I sobbed into her hair, I placed a small kiss on her forehead.

"You don't have to." I said placing my hand over the gun.

"I do, please let me." She begged.

I nodded my head as more sobs left my mouth.

"I love you." I told her as she raised the gun to her head and pulled the trigger.

My head fell into her lap as I screamed in pain, Rick came back into the room and gently hugged me.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He whispered.

***

We made our way back to the prison, brining the people of Woodbury with us. It's what Andrea would have wanted.

I stared out the window as tears streamed down my face. There was no worse pain than losing somebody that you love, she wasn't just my sister but my best friend. I only just got her back, how could she be gone?

We pulled up to the prison and everyone got out the car as our group came outside the prison, they loaded the people off the bus from Woodbury and began welcoming them.

I stayed in the car, unable to move, unable to think. I looked over to see Rick talking to Glenn and glancing towards me a few times. Glenn began to make his way over to me, he slowly opened the door.

"Anna, I-I'm so sorry." He said a few tears leaving his eyes as he took me into a hug. I immediately hugged back, crying into his chest.

"She's gone." I sobbed. "Please don't leave me." I begged.

"I'll never leave you. I'm here, always." He promised before leading me back into the prison.

***

Ayyyyyyy season 3 is done!!

I literally cried writing Andrea's death but it had to be done

Remember to vote and comment!!

Also I'm thinking about ending this book soon, I already have it planned out and I have a good place to end it, but don't worry I'll make a sequel!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309 4 6
"𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 . . . 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅." 𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵𝑺 𝑴𝑼𝑳𝑻𝑰𝑷𝑳𝑬 𝑶𝑪𝑺 𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑷𝑺 𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑳𝑼𝑫𝑬𝑫
862 70 5
A dedication for those who are just different, it's a never ending nostalgia. ¡rick grimes x oc twd fanfic!
132K 743 36
this has fluff, smut, and some angst. x reader ( maybe some ships??) mostly carl and daryl imagines tho characters ill do: daryl rick glenn carl ron...
34.9K 607 18
(n.) the colours or "stars" you see when you rub your eyes. Two star-crossed lovers meet at the end of the world. A girl obsessed with the heavens a...