Captured

By miss_sassy_writer

In the whim to get her, he is ready to lose everything. In need to hate him, she is ready to end everything... More

Disclaimer
Let Love Kill You
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
CAPTURED - The Royal Romance
Dangerous Love
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Announcement
🎉Giveaways 🎉
Available On Coin Based Platforms

Chapter 2

12.8K 480 63
By miss_sassy_writer

Ranvijay pulled out a pack of Marlboro and dabbed a cigarette between his lips. Though he was strictly abstaining nicotine, the freeloader tension made up its mind to break his six years penance. The pack had always been in his pocket but he had victoriously curbed the urge to smoke. It was a kind of meditation to him, to test his patience, to test the ability to put on hold. Except today.

He couldn't resist and dragged in a puff, relishing the feel which was almost foreign in his mouth. He deliberated on the idea to tell his uncle about the men he took in his custody but it vanished as soon as it came. Everyone so firmly believed it was an accident and he had not found any evidence to prove otherwise except those men, who refused to speak.

He spewed a cloud of smoke overhead, leaning back in his recliner and contemplated the records. It was clear. The security team hadn't messed up. Footages, signatures and guests entry was scrutinized but nothing caught his eyes. How the hell did they enter? He was so focused on finding that he didn't realize finishing the whole pack and coughed.

"Hukum." Bhushan entered his office and handed him an envelope. "We found these."

Ranvijay pulled out the contents and whispered in shock. "Randheer."

"This seems like a well-knitted scheme. The infiltrators came dressed as personal escorts of Sisodhias. They didn't catch up in security. They also had the passes." Bhushan explained, sadly noticing Ranvijay's ashen face. It must've been difficult to know that his own brother wanted to kill him.

"It doesn't explain that Randheer is involved." Ranvijay stoically mumbled, picking up the photographs where Randheer was conversing with the men. It looked like he was instructing them.

Instructing to kill me! Ranvijay lamented in his thoughts and shook himself. He wasn't buying this. Until he heard it himself, he would falsely believe that Randheer loved him just as much as he did.

"Hukum, Prince Randheer had asked Kumar to not check these men." Bhushan guiltily replied and Ranvijay roared, "And Kumar agreed? Just like that? Whom does his loyalty rest on?"

Bhushan zipped his lips.

Ranvijay threw the photos aside and covered his face, putting elbows on the table. He knew none could stop Randheer. If they had tried to, he himself would have gone mad. His staff was just trying to act accordingly. He closed his eyes, taking his time to process the information and rubbed his face.

Leaning back, he looked up at Bhushan silently. "What about those men? They spilled something?"

Bhushan shook his head. "No progress. They are just desperate to leave but won't utter a word. They won't even scream."

Ranvijay's eyebrows furrowed and he stood up. "It's weird. They are enduring the torture for three days and they are not even screaming. Why?" He thought to himself and turned to Bhushan. "Keep your interrogation on. I'm sure they'll speak. Make sure Uncle doesn't know about them. I don't want him worried."

"Yes, Hukum."

"Also, arrange a meeting with Randheer. It should be discreet."

"But, Hukum, won't it be demeaning to Prince? What will you say to Maharaj?" Bhushan hesitantly asked and Ranvijay glared at him. "I won't say discreet if I want everyone to know."

"Sorry! I will get to it."

"Where was Raghvendra during the ceremony? Was he seen around?"

Bhushan pressed his memory to recall before shaking his head. "No. He was in Maangarh. We've confirmed it. Do you think he is involved?"

"Certainly!" Ranvijay muttered thoughtfully and glanced at the evidence cluttered on his office table. He lit another cigarette, "This is just to divert us. Only Randheer can give me answers. I'm sure Raghvendra has something to do with this. It's just…"

"Ranvijay!"

Fuck! Ranvijay cursed the timing and butted the bead nimbly before waving the smoke away and kindly smiled at the woman standing on the doorstep. "Nani ma! What are you doing here?"

"Well, you've been scarce for everyone so I thought to check upon you. This place came first into my mind." A lady in her late sixties scowled playfully, coming in and juggled her gaze between both the men. "Did I interrupt anything?"

"Of course not!" Ranvijay assured her smiling, his instructive eyes travelling to Bhushan who gave an understanding nod and took his leave after greeting the Rajmata. Ranvijay tactfully hid the photographs under some files and supported himself on the table, folding legs at ankles. "Why are you here? You could've called me. You should take rest."

"Why? Am I sick?" The woman grew offended and he shook his head, chuckling to himself. "No. I didn't mean it like that. It's just you've been extremely excited about this wedding that you've not properly taken care of yourself. I am worried."

"You are worried over nothing." The lady rolled his eyes and Ranvijay adored her face with a smile. He placed his hand forward for her to hold and caressed her gnarled hand. "You don't know what you are to me, Nani maa. You are my only, only strength. I have no one except you. No one. That's why I care for you the most."

Padma Raghuvanshi peered at him with concern. He was strangely resembling the small boy who came to Amergarh as its adopted successor. His eyes—bold and beautiful, filled with rage and apprehension—and his mind troubled. She caressed his cheek, "What's bothering you, son?"

Ranvijay covered her hand, shaking his head. "Nothing. I am fine."

"It doesn't look like that."

"You are just concerned. I am telling you I'm fine. How is it going with the new couple?" He deliberately changed the topic and made her sit on the plush couch, grinning. "Has Shekhar won any of the games or he's failing all?"

"Deepika is smart!" She joined him and sniffed the air with a frown. "What's this foul smell? Is it tobacco?"

Ranvijay paled. "No. No. It's, um, uh, burning wood."

"Wood?"

"Yeah! Uh, these, uh, maids are, I guess, um, enjoying bonfire." He excused, scratching his nape and internally cringed. How bad I am at lying!

"Bonfire in the scorching noon?" Padma wasn't backing off and her face screwed up. "They need our permission but…"

"Forget it, Nani ma. They'll be getting melted off in heat, what it has to do with us? Now, tell me, is there anything important?"

"No. I just wanted to appreciate your efforts." She praised him, patting his back. "You arranged everything luxuriously. I am proud of you." 

Ranvijay's smile was gone. He gave a derisive look and gazed down on his lap. She was trying to make him feel better and he wouldn't waste her efforts, for she was the woman who had dedicatedly carved out his strong, fearless personality out of a thirteen years old shaken up boy. With a troubled childhood as his, none anticipated him to evolve with such powerful and controlling aura in his adulthood. She made him learn how to endure it all with a smile and get back so fiercely that the enemy wouldn't have time to wink.

"You flatter me the most." He humored and she shrugged at him, "Well, one should learn to flatter the king."

"I'm not the one yet. Your son still holds the position. You should flatter him actually." He reminded and she negated firmly. "No, he is your representative. He will step down when you're ready. We are waiting to see you married and happy. With your wife coming in your life, Ajinkya and I will retire from our official obligations." She said on an exhale and Ranvijay admonished her. "You just got a granddaughter in law, Nani ma."

"I wanted you to marry first." She grumbled, puckering her forehead out. "You are the eldest one. And, it's time you make a family. You are one handsome, strapping male with the prestige and respect in the world. You should…"

"Okay, okay, enough for today." He butted in, holding his hands up. "I've got some work to finish. We can discuss my attributes later. So, how about I walk you to your room?"

The lady slapped his arm gently, "I am still young to walk without the support of your sturdy arms."

"It's contrary actually." He said, holding her palm, "I need the support of your mighty arms. Come on!" They exited his office and he made her arm hooked into his, making sure to engage her in light conversation until she turned the sniper at him. "Why aren't you going to attend Devendra's engagement?"

"It's not important for me." He dismissed and Padma shot him a glare. "He is your grandmother's relative. Sumitra will feel bad."

A cold sneer appeared on his face. "Nani ma, as much as I know her. She'll be glad that I'm not attending the ceremony."

He knew how much hatred was there in Maharani Sumitra's heart for him that she wouldn't want to see his face. If it were in her hands, she would get him killed. Not that she didn't try but she never succeeded. She had forgotten their relationship long back and it was just a facade for both of them now.

"Ranvijay, it's not…"

"Nani ma, please." He insisted and Padma reluctantly clammed up. "Fine. Do whatever you feel like." Ranvijay opened her mouth but she continued. "If you don't care about you grandfather, you should not go."

"You know he is using this engagement as an excuse to see me." Ranvijay grumbled, bored of his elders' tantrums. They behaved like kids. "I'm not ready for his questionnaire. He already knows that I'm not going to change my mind. Why…"

"But, what's wrong in this?" Padma interrogated, banging her eyebrows together. "You should marry. When you take up your responsibility, I want a decent lady to reduce the burden off your shoulders. I've seeked Maharaja Lakshyadeep's opinion and he said whatever suits you. We can always hold a ceremony and talk to…"

"You don't have to." Ranvijay desperately maintained. "I don't believe in marriage, you both know this. I can't bear this responsibility and Vijayata is nowhere near the woman I can think of spending my life with. She will never be."

"But…"

"There has not been any record of marital obligation in royal history to ascend the throne." He said on a frustrated exhale, "I can handle everything."

Padma watched him in a painful expression. "You have hurt me a lot today, Ranvijay. Your grandfather and I just want to see you happy and married. There hasn't been any marital obligation but one can not ascend the throne without the makings of an heir. And, even without an heir, you can't spend your whole life alone."

Ranvijay rubbed a spot above his eyebrow and closed his eyes. He had to leave before the matter flowed out of his hand. He racked his brain for an opening and just then, Veer sautered to them. "What's this granny? Only he is dear to you. You never walk with me." He pouted.

"Why are you jealous!? Don't you already know she loves me more?" Ranvijay smirked and Padma admonished him. "Shut up! All my grandsons are dear to me."

Veer flashed Ranvijay a winning smirk.

"But, yes, Ranvijay is the most dear one out of you three." Padma added, amusingly and Veer's smile dropped, making Ranvijay and Padma chuckle.

"Alright. Veer, take Nani ma to her room. I have to be somewhere urgently." Ranvijay quickly slipped away and made his way to the security room.

***

Matsyaa was curled up on the swing installed in the roof, lost in her despondent thoughts. Three long days had elapsed. Three days where she'd slept off every night, remembering her uncle and woken up every morning, seeing the mournful face of her aunt. Arush was another tale. The final rituals were over. Company was shut down for a week.

The news of Ashish's demise spread like forest fire and their company started to lose shares in the absence of a stable owner. Since her father was the highest stakeholder after her uncle, responsibility fell upon his shoulder for the management of the company and that meant settling in India.

Gauri and Anup weren't in favor of the idea and wanted Arush to step into his father's shoes to command the company but he was the same age as Matsyaa, still working towards his business degree in Australia thereby becoming unable to run a company.

Besides, the board of directors had straightforwardly refused to be responsible towards a kid who lacked proficiency.

Fifty thousand people who are dependent upon us for food and shelter, Matsyaa pondered, swinging and snuggled the cushion close to her heart. A heated debate was going on downstairs within elders and they had decided to keep kids out of this.

But, Matsyaa—and others, as well—had an idea of what was happening. Upesh, her father's eldest cousin, had suggested administering the company if Anup transferred some of his shares to him, making him the major shareholder but the legal attorney of the company forbade them.

He reminded them of the clause made in Late. Badrinath Rathore's will, clearly stating that Anup could only transfer his shares to Matsyaa and the owner needed a sum total of forty seven percent shares to hold the position of Chairperson. Except men in the family, only Matsyaa had the shares that reached the threshold of thirty percent—major part of them were gifted to her by her grandfather on being the first girl child in four generations.

Unwillingly, Anup agreed to hold the command of the company and decided to train Arush meanwhile so that he could step up to administer the company once his studies were completed.

But, Gauri wasn't very impressed with this alternative. She had inherited hospitals from her father—which was the major cause why Anup had to settle in London—and Anup had a branch of their business. Their immigration was tough with the responsibilities upon their shoulders.

Amidst this Matsyaa was unable to find peace and the only thing that calmed her was pretty sunset.

___

Hi folks,
Just the initial twelve chapters will be available here.. You'll find the full book on Booknet. The link is in the description.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 16K 89
Flaws of lust ---- name changed to flaws of thirst A STORY not a fanfiction.... its all about story.. Don't peep in if you had only love fairy tale...
3.3K 309 24
I have suffered a lot. And he made sure to make me suffer more. He did every possible way to torture me. But he didn't realize, I am the princess...
6.3M 246K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
13.5K 2K 33
He was a prince who had lost his heart. She was a princess who had a heart of gold. The cruel fate forced them together. But what started as a nigh...