Book Two: Winning A Heart

By SoaringSpirit

It's been a week since the members of The Copper Eyes Pack left to head back to their home and Amethyst is st... More

Book Two: Winning A Heart
Chapter One: Breakfast Discussions
Chapter Two: Found Him
Chapter Three: School's In
Chapter Four: School's Out
Chapter Five: "Father, please"
Chapter Six: Farewell Stephan
Chapter Seven: Temptations
Chapter Eight: Disturbance
Chapter Nine: Rogues
Chapter Eleven: Confessions
Chapter Twelve: "An Elder?"
Chapter Thirteen: Sensing Emotions
Chapter Fourteen: Tracking
Chapter Fifteen: Parental Advice
Chapter Sixteen: Questions & Answers
Chapter Seventeen: "Lost A Friend"
Chapter Eighteen: One of the Original Eight
Chapter Nineteen: Pledge
Chapter Twenty: The Follower
Chapter Twenty-One: Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Returned
Chapter Twenty-Three: Hanging Out
Chapter Twenty-Four: Tears Of Salt
Chapter Twenty-Five: Options
Chapter Twenty-Six: Solving a Problem
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Just A Relaxing Day

Chapter Ten: "I Love Her"

78 5 0
By SoaringSpirit

Roman's P.O.V

Once again I find myself pacing back and forth in front of the large weeping tree a few hundred metres from the boarder of The Silver Eyes Pack. I've been here for the last three days, lounging around under its crying branches, never once venturing closer to the boarder in case one of the patrols catch my scent, though with the amount of Rogues I've managed to get on my side I'm pretty sure I would go unnoticed for a while.

Three days in my wolf form feels like eternity and is really dangerous. If I'm not careful I could lose sense of my Human side and not be able to transform back. Or that's what my Guard Louis says who lounges against the trunk of the tree in a pair of loose fitting jeans. He was kind enough to bring a pair for my too but I haven't found the urge to turn Human yet.

Quinn joined us yesterday, slinking through the trees his dark brown fur allowing him to camouflage into the dark undergrowth, grey-brown eyes peered out of the dark mass at me in silent greeting. Then he had moved over to the tree and sat down.

He too turned Human after a couple of hours, putting some jeans on that he had carried with him. He had told me that my father was wandering when I was planning on coming home. My answer once I turned Human and slid the spare jeans on was not until I have her, to which in response Quinn had rolled his eyes.

After that we had spent the rest of the afternoon talking about the Rogues I managed to persuade to help me, who were testing the defences of The Silver Eyes, after a few of them got in the Guards had doubled in numbers and patrolled more areas. Which wasn't surprising but still frustrating. 

Once the moon came out the Rogues returned to the tree and had promptly slumped to the ground and fallen asleep, not caring in the slightest that they were close to the boarder of a pack. Quinn who decided he was going to hang out with me for a while slept with one eye open not comfortable with the situation at all, he even moved closer to the tree trunk were Louis was still lounging against. Louis who had been with me since I came out three days ago just looked around and assessed the situation before shrugging his massive shoulders and falling asleep.

I on the other hand spent most of the night awake, lying on the grass under the crying branches, staring passed them at the start sky while my mind repeatedly went over the conversation I had had with my father about finally making Amethyst truly mine.

                        * * *

It's been two days since my last talk with my father, the one where he had confessed that there is a way from me to make Amethyst mine but at the time he hasn't wanted to talk about it. So I gave him space knowing that he would call me when he was ready to talk. Which is what he did an hour ago and why I'm now standing once again in his office, the wall that I had punched still holds the cracks and indent.

Alpha Mitchell looks up at me from his glass of Whisky. "I suppose I can tell you now." He sounds tired; he empties his glass then refills it. His dark brown hair is longer than he usually wears it; dark brown eyes stare at me unwaveringly.

"Tell me about how I can make Amethyst mine." I sit in the chair in front of his desk, folding my hands in my lap as I lean forward eagerly.

He lets out a quiet sigh. "Our pack have no Mates, we are all Mateless. It's a curse really, put upon our Pack many years ago."

"So you took someone as your mate?" I ask as I think it over slowly. The fact that we have no female wolves in our pack never really made me wonder until now.

Alpha Mitchell nods. "She was a Mateless also, left her Pack. I loved her. Cherished her even. She gave birth to you and died a few months later. I never found out why. Same thing happened to Pierce's mate."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Does that mean it could happen to Amethyst?"

My father rubs the stubble on his chin. "I'm not sure, it could."

I sit silently for a while as I allow it to sink in. "What was she like? My mother." I ask absently.

Alpha Mitchell stares at his empty glass. "The most beautiful woman I had ever seen, her smile and laugh were contagious, she had honey brown hair that would balance lightly as she walked, eyes the colour of milk chocolate." He looks back up at me. "She was kind to everyone, she would cook for the whole Pack, she went into town and got herself a job just so she could treat us to the food Humans have."

I don't know what to say as I meet my father’s gaze. "I wished I had known her." I whisper at last.

My father nods a sad smile on his face. "This pack would have been different if she was still alive."

I don't say anything for ages, that by the time I open my mouth half an hour has gone passed. "What did you mean, the pack was cursed?" I look up curiously.

My father doesn't say anything for a while he just drains his glass and refills it. "I'm not entirely sure what happened. But what I know is that one of our ancestors stole someone else's mate. Back then our pack was like any other, we have mates and female wolves. But when this person stole someone else's mate the Spirits were unhappy with them so they cursed this pack."

I just look at my father.

"It could have also been one of the Druids. They used to populate the world too, but we killed them off because we feared them. Blah blah blah." Alpha Mitchell waves his hand in the air. "You believe which ever version you want." He returns to his Whisky.

"I love Amethyst father." I blurt out after another silent few minutes.

He looks at me sadly. "The only way to make her truly yours is to mate with her on the Full Moon, but she has to mark you too otherwise it won't work." 

I stand up, and head to the door knowing with all my heart that she'll be mine. "Thanks dad."

"Oh and Roman?" He calls behind me.

I stop with my hand on the door knob, but don't say anything.

"You have to kill her mate first." I hear the Whisky bottle being opened and his glass being refilled.

But I stand frozen, mentally making a check list;

First I have to find out who her mate is and then I have to kill him, after that I have to get her to mate with me on the Full Moon.

Sounds easy . . . I pull the door open and walk down the hall.

                                   * * *

When morning finally falls, I think I only managed to get two hours sleep in the end. But it doesn't stop me from getting up and sending the Rogues back out to do what they do best. Annoy the pack and test their defences. So far we've lost more than we've gained information. But from what I've collected so far, the patrols work together as a single unit and quickly, 'kill first, ask questions later' kind of tactic. 

Louis gets up from his spot against the tree trunk, stretching his back I hear the pop of his joints from where I'm laying at the edge of the weeping tree shadow. "I'm going hunting." Is all he says as he slips off his jeans and changes into his wolf form; a large tan coloured fur wolf with green eyes.

"You know, I always used to wonder if his wolf would be furless because he's bald as a Human." Quinn says as he stares in the direction Louis disappeared in.

I snort.

Quinn turns to me a smile on his face. He shrugs. "Don't know, just always wondered."

I get up from my spot and move over to the tree trunk, turning back into my Human form I pick up the folded jeans Louis bought for me and pull them on. Then I sit down next to Quinn.

"Do you really like this girl that much?" Quinn asks after a silent minute.

I turn to him. "I love her." 

His eyes meet mine. "I loved Tessa too. But I'm not sure I could go through what you have to do just too truly have her as mine."

I shrug my shoulders. "Call me selfish, but I want her."

"More like obsessive." Quinn smirks.

I just laugh. 

I glance toward the trees as a large sandy coloured wolf with honey brown eyes emerge from the shadows, he meets my eyes and nods his head respectfully at me before moving into the shadow of the weeping tree and laying down.

"Glad you could join us Kirk." I greet as I turn my attention to the crying branches above me.

He lets out a huff in response.

Louis comes back shortly after dragging a large deer with him. He lets go just inside the shadows of the weeping tree and looks at the three of us here inviting us to join him. Kirk gets up and wanders over and rips himself off a chunk. 

Quinn pushes himself off the ground, slips off his jeans and changes on his way over to the meal. I'm the last one to get up not really that hungry but knowing I have to eat something.

                                                               *  *  *  *  *

Sorry for the wait. Brother was off on school holidays, so we were busy.

I'll make sure to upload a chapter per week, if i miss a week from now on i'll upload two next time. Promise.

Hope you are all well.

SoaringSpirit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...