Idyllic - Glenn Rhee

By ariesrhee

Idyllic (adjective) like an idyll; extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque. ●#1 in stevenyeun - 09/05/2018●... More

•Idyllic•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Six•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Nineteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Three•
•Twenty Four•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Sequel•
NEW BOOK

•Twenty One•

952 18 2
By ariesrhee

Ringing.

All I could hear was a ringing straight through my ears, my head was pounding and my vision was blurry.

I looked around to see I was back in my cell on my bed. I could hear voices outside, it sounded like people were arguing. My vision started to become clearer and I looked out my cell to see everyone gathered around. I could see Glenn standing outside our cell, joined by Michonne.

"Hey, if Rick says we're not leaving then we're not leaving." I heard Glenn announce.

"Nah better to live like rats." Merle chimed in.

"Yeah and what do you propose we do?" Rick questioned.

"We should've got our asses outta here last night. Missed that chance, I'm sure he's got scouts on every road outta here by now." He answered.

"Yeah well we ain't scared of that prick." Daryl spoke up.

I heard Merle give a slight chuckle. "Ooh y'all should be. See that lil truck through the fence thing? That was him ringing the damn door bell."

"Can we put him in another cell block?" Maggie asked, clearly frustrated.

"Nah he's got a point." Daryl objected.

"This is all you! You did this!" Maggie shouted.

Honestly, I couldn't help but feel bad. Part of this was on me, I told him where the prison was. I sacrificed everyone else just to save Glenn and now he might die anyway.

"It doesn't matter who's fault it is. What are we gonna do?" Beth anxiously questioned.

"We need to leave!" Hershel demanded. "Get back here!" He suddenly shouted causing me to jump. "You're slipping Rick. You once said this isn't a democracy, now you have to live up to that." He added.

Everyone seemed to leave and head back to doing their own thing.

Glenn turned around and spotted me trying to stand up.

"Woah, hold up there. You can't walk on that leg." He said walking over and gently pushing me back.

He sat down beside me before sighing. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I questioned.

"I shouldn't have left. Maybe if I ha-"

"Hey, no this isn't your fault. I did this to my own stupid self. I was talking to Rick, trying to convince him to come back. I saw Hershel trapped with those walkers coming towards him, I had to chance it. I-I couldn't just leave him there." I said placing my hand over his. "I'm sorry too, for pushing you away. I just didn't want your pity." I added.

"It's okay." He said wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you, so much." I said placing my head on his chest.

"I love you." He replied kissing my head before standing up. "I'm gonna go get Hershel so he can take another look at your leg."

I simply nodded and smiled as I watched him walk out of our cell.

***

"You know I could have checked it myself?" I questioned Hershel after he was done looking at my leg.

"I know, but it's best if you just rest for now... Take it easy." He answered. "You can't be reckless like that, risking your life for an old man like me." He added.

"You're my family, I'd take a bullet for all of you guys." I said giving him a small smile.

"Hey, I found these in the infirmary." Maggie announced bringing in a pair of crutches and handing them to me.

I took them and slowly stood up finding my balance. "Anyone seen Rick?" I questioned walking into our small common area.

"He's on watch. Why?" Glenn gave me a questioning look.

"I just need to talk to him." I replied, kissing his cheek and walking outside to find Rick.

"Hey." I said hobbling up to Rick.

"What are you doing out here?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I need to talk to you about something a-and you have to promise not to get all mad at me." I told him, slightly nervous.

"I won't get mad." He promised.

"You should stop." I said, bluntly.

"Stop what?" He questioned, confusion clear on his face.

"Being the leader... We all need to do our part it can't just be one person, you should take a break, you deserve it." I sighed.

Rick placed his hand on my shoulder giving it a small squeeze before walking away saying nothing else.

I followed behind Rick into the common area where everyone else was, except Carl and Maggie who were on watch.

"How you doing?" I asked taking a seat beside Daryl.

"Alright, the usual." Was all he said as he cleaned his arrows.

"We're all gla-"

Before I could finish Carl came running in.

"It's Andrea, she's here." He announced.

"W-what?" I questioned. I completely froze for a minute before standing up hobbling over to the door, as fast as I could.

I went to walk outside before I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me back.

"It could be a trick." Glenn said.

"Andrea wouldn't do that..." I replied, shocked that he would even say that.

"He's right everyone grab a gun, we're not taking any risks." Rick announced grabbing his gun.

Everyone ran outside and took cover just in case the Governor was planning something.

"Are you alone?" Rick called out to my sister.

"Open the gate!" She yelled back.

"Are you alone?" He questioned again harshly.

"Rick!" Andrea screamed.

"Open the damn gate!" I yelled.

Rick quickly passed the keys to Daryl who unlocked the gate and slid it open.

Andrea quickly stepped in, Daryl closing the gate behind her.

"Turn around!" Rick demanded.

"What?" She questioned.

"Turn around now and drop your weapons!" He yelled forcing her against the fence, searching her for weapons.

"Rick stop!" I yelled limping over.

Everyone was stood pointing their guns towards Andrea but even I had to admit, I didn't know if I could fully trust her.

"Welcome back." Rick said before taking a step back.

"Anna!" Andrea sobbed.

I quickly limped over, dropping my crutches and engulfing her in a hug.

"I thought you were gone." I cried into her shoulder.

"I'm here now, I'm here." She said hugging me tighter.

Rick eventually agreed to let Andrea come inside. I guided her in, not wanting her to leave my side again.

She quickly made her way to Carol, hugging her.

"Where's Shane?" She asked looking around, Rick simply shook his head. "And Lori?" She added.

"She had a baby girl, she didn't survive." Hershel replied.

"Neither did T-Dog." I chimed in making eye contact with Glenn as his face dropped.

"I'm so sorry." Andrea said looking at Carl and Rick. "So you all live here?"

"Right in the cell block." Glenn replied, still eyeing her suspiciously.

"There? Can I go in?" She asked pointing towards our cells.

"I can't allow that." Rick shook his head.

"I'm not your enemy Rick!" She exclaimed throwing her hands in the air.

"We had that field and courtyard until your boyfriend came and destroyed it, shot us up." Rick said blocking Andrea from entering the cell block.

"He said you shot first..."

"He killed an inmate who was surviving in here." Maggie stated.

"We liked him, he was one of us." Daryl informed her clinging to his crossbow.

"I had no idea. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot out!" She looked towards Glenn and I.

"That was days ago." Glenn replied.

"I told you, I came as soon as I found out." She sighed. "I don't get it, I left Atlanta with you people and now I'm the odd man out."

"He nearly killed Michonne and he would've killed us!" Glenn exclaimed clearly becoming frustrated.

"With his finger on the trigger!" She pointed towards Merle. "Isn't he the one who kidnapped you? Who beat you?" She questioned.

"He tortured your sister! One of his men shot her!" Glenn shouted stepping closer to Andrea.

"Glenn!" I yelled grabbing his arm and pulling him back.

"Look, I'm not trying to excuse what Philip has done. I'm here trying to work something out, we have to come together." She explained.

"No. We are gonna kill him. I don't know how or when, but we are." Rick announced.

"Look, there is room at Woodbury f-for all of you." Andrea stated looking at me.

"Did he even say that he wants to negotiate?" I scoffed.

"Well... No." She answered.

"Then why are you here?" Rick asked.

"Because he's gearing up for war, the people are terrified, they see you as killers." She informed.

"We've taken too much shit for too long, If he wants a war he's got one." Glenn stated.

"You guys have lost so much already! This isn't worth losing more people!" Andrea insisted looking at me.

"You wanna make this right? Get us inside." Rick said.

"No! There are innocent people!" She yelled before Rick walked out.

***

Andrea had went on a walk with Michonne to talk things over.

I was sitting down, holding Judith trying to get her to sleep when I saw Andrea climbing the stairs towards me.

"Hey." She smiled.

"I can't believe you're here." I stated still in shock.

"As soon as I found out, I came." She informed. "Can I hold her?" She requested pointing to Judith.

I nodded my head placing her in my sisters arms.

"What happened to Shane?" She questioned.

"Rick, umm... He killed him." I sighed. "The night with the whole Randall thing was a set up. He led Rick out there to kill him."

"Shane loved Rick..." Andrea stated, confusion in her eyes.

I scoffed "Shane loved Lori."

"It's my turn to watch her if you guys wanna go talk." Carol stated walking over.

"Yeah, I'm gonna head. Couldn't leave without meeting lil ass kicker first." She laughed.

I snapped my head towards her glaring. "You're leaving?" I questioned.

"I-I have to, those people need me." She said giving me an apologetic smile.

"I need you! You're my family! I thought you were dead!" I yelled, grabbing my crutches and stepping away from her.

"Anna just lis-"

"No. You listen to me! All this time... I thought you were dead. Instead you've been sleeping with some psycho who tortured me and was going to execute Glenn and I!" I shouted. "You know what? if you go back to Woodbury, don't come back around here, ever again." I added before limping away on my crutches.

***

Everyone stood around in the courtyard as Andrea was leaving, Rick decided to give her a car so she would be safe heading back.

I stood in the back as everyone said goodbye to her. She gave me a quick glance and got in the car pulling away.

Tears streamed down my face as Merle opened the gate and she drove away down the dirt path.

"Andrea!" I called out, limping towards the gate. "Please, don't leave me! Come back!" I sobbed looping my fingers through the fence and collapsing to my knees. I knew she wouldn't hear me, I could barely see the car now.

I couldn't process this, how could she come back into my life and then just take off so suddenly.

I felt someone pull me away from the fence and into their chest.

"She's gone, she left." I cried.

"It's okay, I'm here." The voice I recognised as Glenn's said as he gently stroked my hair and allowed me to cry into him.

***

I was sat on the steps, listening to Beth's beautiful singing voice echo throughout the cell block.

Everyone was gathered around listening. It felt so peaceful for once.

Glenn walked towards me and sat down.

"I'm sorry she left. But maybe she'll do the right thing, maybe she'll end this." He said softly squeezing my shoulder.

"I-I don't want her to do anything, I just want her here with me." I whispered tears beginning to trickle down my face. "What am I doing? I can't just sit here and let her go back to him. What if he hurts her?"

"Hey, hey. She's tough, she can handle herself. Just trust her." He said pulling me into him and placing a kiss on top of my head.

***

I'm so mean to Anna I need to give her a break honestly

Vote and comment please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 171 22
"isn't it just so pretty to think, all along there was some invisible string, tying you to me?" an enemies to lovers story :) season one - complete s...
4.6K 184 30
wolf /wo͝olf/ noun 2. used figuratively to refer to a rapacious, ferocious, or voracious person or thing. "he calls the media ravening wolves" *Book...
5.9K 208 28
A nurse who is kind and gentle. And a guy who is fierce and rough. Complete opposites. Daryl Dixon x fem'reader story
256 5 6
"𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 . . . 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅." 𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵𝑺 𝑴𝑼𝑳𝑻𝑰𝑷𝑳𝑬 𝑶𝑪𝑺 𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑷𝑺 𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑳𝑼𝑫𝑬𝑫