the fall • s.m.

By justsimplymaggie

"Falling for you is dangerous. I can't control my own emotions, my own movements when I'm with you. If I fall... More

• foreword •
1 • good news
2 • flights
3 • i spy
4 • we meet again
5 • good kind of weird
6 • you, me, & the music
7 • air
8 • perfect
9 • coffee confessions
10 • why not now
11 • first first first
12 • problems
13 • i have questions
14 • the morning after
15 • touch
16 • nightmares
17 • kissing
grateful
18 • goodbye
19 • the way i loved you
20 • the rest is history
21 • games
22 • we don't talk anymore
23 • pathetic
24 • sorry
25 • hey jude
26 • sinking further
27 • talk it out
28 • almost is never enough
29 • insta
30 • photos & phone calls
31 • broken
32 • friends
33 • no more apologies
34 • sleepover
35 • ryan
36 • a song you'll never sing
37 • the talk
38 • don't
39 • party time
40 • another goodbye
41 • calls
42 • home sweet home
43 • always
44 • weddings, dishes, & planes
45 • i want crazy
46 • no matter what
47 • my flaws for yours
48 • normal
49 • the worrying
50 • stitches
51 • the promise
52 • one day
54 • pizza, promises, & proposals
55 • that's it
56 • time flies
57 • love galore
58 • epilogue pt. I
59 • epilogue pt. II
60 • epilogue pt. III
61 • epilogue pt. IV (final)
NEW STORY • please read!

53 • twenty

1.8K 49 28
By justsimplymaggie

// margot kate franklin //

about eight months later...

shawnmendes

@shawnmendes: happy birthday to the girl who makes me feel like the luckiest person alive. love you & miss you. Xx

remithompson

@remithompson: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST BEST FRIEND A GIRL COULD ASK FOR!! I can't believe you're already 20 years old because you still act like you're 13. I'm literally so proud of you and I'm really so blessed to get to call you my best friend. I could say a million more things about how much I love you, but you already know. I love ya Margot, have a good one!!

lizfranklin

@
lizfranklin: happy birthday to my not-so-little sister!! somehow you still manage to be the most annoying person in the world even when we are across the country from each other. seriously though, I'm so proud of the wonderful girl you've become and I can't wait to see where the future takes you! love you margs xxx

• • •

"Guess who's birthday it officially is?"

I sighed. I wasn't in the mood for Shawn's cheeriness about my stupid birthday, even though I appreciate him for being all cheery about it. Damn my negativity.

I held the phone up to my ear and leaned against the wall of my hotel room. "I thought you called me at midnight New York time so we could just avoid this? It's 3 A.M. here, Shawn."

"I know, but it's officially midnight in Los Angeles, so I figured I should just call again," he told me. "Oh no, you weren't sleeping, were you?"

I chuckled. "No, of course not. I just don't want you to stay up for the sake of calling me. You should go to sleep," I told him.

"Says you," he replied, making me smile a bit. "Anyways, I have a feeling I won't be sleeping too much tonight anyways."

"Why do you have such a feeling?" I asked him.

I could picture him giving me a dismissive shrug. "I just do."

"Whatever you say."

There was a bit of silence between us for a moment. I could hear his steady breathing. It was comforting.

"So, you're officially not a teenager anymore. The big two-oh. How's that feel?" he asked me.

"The same," I replied with a sigh. "Twenty is a pretty sucky age to be. You don't get to be a cool teenager anymore, but you still can't drink, and you still get treated like a baby by your parents. It's a lose-lose-lose."

"It's a great age to be. Twenty is probably going to be the best year of your life," he told me, and I chuckled.

"I hope you're right," I told him, shaking my head.

"So? Are you excited, like, at all?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I am. A little. But it sucks that I don't get to spend my birthday with you. I mean, what's the fun in a birthday if you're thousands of miles away from the one person you want to be with for it?" I told him. I was in New York for the night. I did a benefit concert here last night, and tomorrow night, I have an event with a company I work with that I have to go to.

Get to go to, my bad.

On my birthday.

It's ok though. I'm not big on birthday celebrations anyways, so, as awful as it sounds, I'm not too upset about being away from home on my birthday. That way no one can make a big deal about my birthday.

"Come on, Margot. I told you I couldn't come, and you still wanted to go, which is totally fine by me. But it's not my fault," he told me, a hint of distress in his voice. He always seems a bit irritable when I'm away. I could tell by his voice that he was focused on something else that wasn't this phone call.

"Chill; I didn't say it was. I'd just rather be with you," I told him. I can see him now; he was running his fingers through his dark hair, maybe staring blankly out the window, maybe looking up at the ceiling as he laid in his bed. His mind was probably racing, trying to think of some way to make this up to me, even though I completely brought it upon myself.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, babe," he told me. "I wish I could be there, but I have —"

I interjected quickly. "No, don't say sorry. It's all on me. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked, then he let out another sigh. He started speaking again before I could say I was sure. "What kind of boyfriend am I, letting my own girlfriend go away on her birthday? Not even going with her? God, I am the worst."

I laughed. "You're not the worst. You let me do what I want and make my own decision. That's all you're supposed to do," I told him, smiling a bit to myself.

"Whatever you say, Margot Kate," he replied, obviously not taking anything that I said to heart.

"It's really late. You should get some sleep," he said after a moment. He was right. It was really late. But I could and would stay up all night talking to him.

I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "I can't sleep. Especially when I know you're up. Can we just talk for a while?"

I could picture him smiling in my head, and I longed to see that smile in real life. We've been together a pretty long time now, and being away from each other still sucks as much as ever. I don't cherish the moments I get to spend with him as much as I should. Because first, it's two days apart, then it's two weeks, then it's two months, and suddenly you feel worlds apart from each other.

"Actually, I've kinda got an early morning. And I can't play the "zero sleep" game as good as you can," he told me, sounding a bit distressed. My heart sunk a bit in my chest, just because I've had a bit of a stressful day, and all I wanted was to just talk to my boyfriend for a little while. But, it's fine.

"Yeah, yeah. Ok. We can just talk tomorrow," I said, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice. I get it. He's busy. So am I. It just sucks that the one time I'm not busy, he is.

"I'll see you soon, ok? And I'll call you tomorrow, first thing in the morning," he told me.

I nodded. "Yeah, sure. Bye."

"Bye. Love you," he said, and even though I was kind of disappointed, that still made me smile.

"Love you too," I replied, and then hung up.

An emptiness filled the already plain room. I love being alone, but at this moment I just longed for his arms to be around me. To hold me. I felt like breaking down and crying. Even though there was no real, legitimate reason to cry, I really felt like I had to. I can. There's no one here anyways. No one to see the real life of Margot Kate Franklin. Thank God.

I didn't cry though, because I'm not that weak. I laid down in the once neatly made bed that was now a mess of white sheets and comforters and pillows. I climbed under the sheets and instantly felt better. Sleeping does sound really good right now.

A while after I got off the phone and about 3 episodes of The Office later, there was a knock on the door. I groaned as I got out of my comfy hotel bed, trudging to the door. It's 3 in the morning, so this must be important. Unless it's someone who is trying to play a joke on me or something. Or trying to kill me. Should I open it?

My hand grabbed the cold door handle, twisting it and pulling it open.

It took me a split second to realize that it was my boyfriend was standing there, grinning at me like a fool.

His hair was a bit on the messy side and his eyes weren't as bright as usual, but he gave me the biggest smile that convinced me he was really happy to be here.

I practically jumped into his arms, laughing and exclaiming a combination of you're insane!, why the hell are you here? and how? as we embraced. He just chuckled, shaking his head and telling me getting here was not a big deal at all, and how could I let you spend your birthday alone? I pulled him into the room and pushed the door behind him shut. I held onto him tightly, and he held me the same, stroking my hair. We both stayed like that for a moment, not saying anything, just enjoying each other's presence. God, he really came through when he needed to.

"I love you," I said into his chest, and he kissed my head through my hair.

"I really love you, Margot Kate," he told me softly, giving me a warm feeling throughout my whole body.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, pulling myself away from him.

He grinned, sporting a nonchalant attitude, as if flying all the way across the country and surprising your girlfriend is a completely normal thing to do. "I said it earlier: what kind of boyfriend lets his girlfriend be alone on her birthday?" he asked, running his fingers through my hair. "Not this one."

I shook my head. "You're way too good for me, Shawn Mendes," I said quietly, smiling as I put my hands on the back of his neck, inching his face closer to mine.

"Am not. I'm just right for you," he told me, closing the gap between us. I didn't argue, rather, I let him kiss me. Even three days is a bit too long to go without kissing him.

We made quick conversation of the recent events on our lives, the last 24 hours, his plane ride, my show. Every now and then we would find ourselves in a moment of silence, and he would kiss me without warning. It was cute, and I laughed every time.

"It's kind of weird. Like, how was I ever into anyone else who isn't you? How did I ever tell myself yeah, I should be with this girl when there was a girl named Margot Kate Franklin who was a million times better, and she wasn't her? It feels wrong. Like, why did I waste so much time with girls who weren't you?" he told me a little while later, as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, washing my face. He stood in the doorway, leaned against the frame, also looking at me in the mirror.

"That's just how it is," I replied. "It's not wrong, and it's not a bad thing. It's all just another part of growing."

He nodded. "Yeah, I know."

I looked at my freshly washed face, a bit red and splotchy, like it always is. I looked at myself and wondered for a second how he could look at me and think I'm pretty right now. There's no way he actually could. It doesn't really matter, but it kind of does.

I looked back at him, leaning against the bathroom countertop. He furrowed his eyebrows and there was a hint of a smile on his lips as he studied me. I waited for him to talk, but he didn't say anything.

"Doesn't it feel like we've been doing this forever?" I asked, turning towards him for a moment.

"Been doing what forever?" He raised his eyebrow.

I motioned with my hands, as if I was pointing out the air we were breathing.

"Dating. The I love you's, the phone calls, the long distance, the sneaking kisses at family events. The kissing, the video chats, jamming in the car to all kinds of music. I feel like it's all I've ever known," I said.

He gave me a bright grin, seemingly laughing with his eyes. "That's the way it's supposed to be, Margot."

"I know it is," I said, shaking my head. "But like, you're sure you're not sick of me?"

He let out a laugh, even though I wasn't exactly kidding. "Well, it's been a pretty long time, and I'm not sick of you yet."

I nodded quickly. "Ok," I simply replied. He must have noticed the instability in my voice, and the nervousness in my eyes, because he approached me, wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my head.

"You didn't have to come here. I should've just stayed home; you shouldn't have had to go through the trouble of all this. I'm sorry," I said, nervously speaking quickly, my words jumbling together a bit. I tried not to meet his eyes.

He looked at me for a moment, a bit of disbelief, disappointment, and confusion in his eyes all at once. "I'm never going to get you to stop apologizing, am I?"

I gave him a weak smile, and shook my head. "I can't help it."

He sighed and let his arms fall to his side, my waist suddenly feeling cold without his hands there. I looked down at the ground, wishing I could just disappear. I feel bad.

"Hey," he said, and I kept my eyes on the floor. "Margot," he egged on, and I raised my head, our eyes meeting again. "I came to spend some time with the most beautiful girl in the world, who just happens to also be my girlfriend, and she just won't let me do that," he said, a grin appearing on his face. I looked down at the ground again, trying to hide my red face.

"If I say I'm sorry, will you get mad at me?" I asked, hoping my smile would make him chuckle again and run his fingers through my hair.

He gave me an almost sympathetic look, then put his hand in my shoulder. "No more apologies, Margot Kate," he told me, telling me what he's told me time after time. Funny, he keeps saying it, each time thinking maybe she'll actually listen this time, but she doesn't; she never does.

"You're right, I know," I said, shaking my head to shake the whole conversation out of the room.

"Margot, I only say it because I really want you to be happy, you know that, right?" he asked me, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and looking into my eyes.

"Of course," I said while nodding. "You're the best."

He grinned and looked at the ground, scratching the back of his neck. "Well, you deserve nothing less than the best."

I laughed, shaking my head. "I would never deserve you, not in a million lifetimes," I said softly, and it was true. He's so perfect. I'll never be able to be as good to him as he is to me, but as long as he keeps telling me it's ok, I'm going to try to not worry about it. Even though we both know I will.

"Not with that attitude you won't," he told me with a smile. He took my hand and pulled me back into the room, putting his hand on the side of my face and kissing me slowly and almost shyly, as if there was nothing else in the world besides us and he was simply trying his hardest to make this the most perfect kiss ever. I instantly forgot whatever we were just talking about and fell under his spell, every worry I had slipping away.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he backed me against the wall, his hands on my waist. I pulled him closer to me, as if there was actually any space between us to fill. His lips were perfect against mine, fitting like a missing puzzle piece that I had just found again. I bit his bottom lip gently, trying to get a reaction out of him. His grip on my waist tightened, and even though my mouth was lost in his on the outside, on the inside, I was smirking in accomplishment.

He turned up the intensity as if it was a knob he could just simply twist, because one second it was the most innocent kiss ever, and then it turned to so much more than that in like, two seconds. I hate how he can take control of me like it's nothing. And I don't even think he tries that hard.

After what felt like forever, we separated, both of us breathing heavily as we looked at each other. He grinned at me, and I laughed.

"I'm so, so, so glad you came," I told him, leaning my forehead against his as we both caught our breath. He kissed me again, so perfectly; it was gentle and slow and romantic. Everything I wanted it to be. Once again, he twisted the knob back down. How does he manage to do that?

"I'm glad I came too," he replied, taking my hand in his and giving it a quick squeeze. He glanced towards the digital clock on the nightstand, looking for the time. "But, it's like, four a.m. You really need to get some rest."

I shook my head, quickly dismissing it.  "All I need is you, Shawn," I told him, tracing his jawline with my finger, and he smiled.

"Are you sure?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, and I nodded without hesitation. "Ok. Whatever you say, Margot Kate."

I giggled as he scooped me into his arms, spinning around a few times as I laughed and so did he. He gently laid me down on the bed that was already a mess of sheets, hovering over me. He didn't do anything for a moment, just looked at me. Studied me.

I laughed as I felt my face turn red, and he chuckled as well.

"You're the most beautiful girl in the world, Margot Kate. And there will never, ever be a day where I don't love you," he told me, and I blushed again. He's too good for me, I thought to myself.

"Got it?" he asked quietly, his eyes piercing mine, making me feel like he could see inside my soul. I nodded, feeling my heart beating out of my chest. "I've got it," I said, my voice almost a whisper, absentmindedly running my fingers through his hair. Stop talking and kiss me again, Shawn. I love you and I love everything you're saying, but please. Just kiss me again.

He seemed to have read my mind, like I think he can sometimes, because he brushed his lips against mine before I could say anything else. It was gentle at first, like a first kiss, hesitant but warm. The intensity gradually picked up, the kiss becoming a bit deeper; turning into the kind of kiss that says we have all the time in the world. I'm all yours. Please just let me have you.

I remember my sister telling me a few times that you have to play with boys a bit. Don't let them take control of you so quickly. Show them that you can be in control too. Don't be so easy. But with Shawn, I'm so easy. He makes me want to constantly just fall into his arms, because I know he can hold me up better than I can even hold myself up. He's the other half of me that I need. He's not just another boy. There's no playing games with him. It's much simpler than that.

I arched my back ever-so-slightly when he pressed his lips to my neck, feeling my heart race inside my chest. His lips against my skin sent chills down my spine, but at the same time, set me on fire.

I tangled my hands in his dark hair while he nibbled endlessly at the skin right under my ear. I murmured his name, trying to stop myself before I did, but it escaped my mouth, and I noticed his satisfied smirk. He kissed my lips again, and I kissed him back harder this time, but he pulled away for a moment, seemingly trying to catch his breath.

"A little too much?" I asked him, grinning, and he just shook his head, a hint of a smile on his lips.

"You wish," he told me, and I rolled my eyes.

"Do I?" I asked while looking up at his perfection. His hair was a mess due to my tangling and his eyes were obviously tired, but they somehow still looked alive as he gazed back at me. He must be exhausted, but if he was, he didn't show it on his face.

He gave me a grin, but it faded quickly as he examined me more. "Are you tired? I mean, I'm fine, but I don't want to keep you up any longer if you..."

I pulled his face to mine again, kissing him. I felt his body ease up and sink into it. I was tired; exhausted, actually, but most definitely not tired enough to stop this. Sure, sleep sounds great, but this is much more important. Him. I needed his hands on me and his lips on mine and his voice in my ear and his smell on these sheets. I needed it all so much more than I needed sleep.

"I'm wide awake," I told him softly, tracing the collar of his t-shirt with my finger, giving it a bit of a tug. He got my signal, and pulled it over his head like it was no problem, tossing it to the side.

Goddamn, my boyfriend is hot.

"Tell me to stop, Margot," he said breathlessly, looking down at me. There was a twinkle in his eyes. Excitement.

"Even if I said stop, you know you wouldn't," I teased back softly, running my fingers through his hair.

He grinned, his bright eyes still sparkling in the dim light of the lamp on the nightstand. "Try me."

I laughed as he leaned in closer, our lips so close to touching. "Stop," I whispered, not taking my eyes off of his.

And you know what?

He didn't.

• • •
the next day...

"What? No, of course we're staying in separate rooms, Mom," I said to my mother over the phone. Shawn silently laughed next to me, and I put my finger over my lips so he would shut up. My legs were tangled in his underneath the sheets, and he pressed his lips to my neck numerous times while I continued my phone call to my mother. I had to stifle my laughter about a thousand times.

"Well, I hope you have a great birthday sweetheart! When you come home, we'll have a big celebration," Mom told me, and I smiled.

"Thanks, Mom," I replied.

"Ugh, I can't believe my baby is really twenty years old! You're growing up way too fast. Well, I guess you're really all grown up now," Mom said, and I could picture her bittersweet smile.

"Don't worry, Mom. I still have a lot of growing up to do," I reassured her, and Shawn nodded. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not sure if that's meant to be a good thing or a bad thing," she said with a laugh. "But whichever it is, I can't wait to see how else you grow. Because you've grown into the most beautiful, smart, talented young lady that I am so happy to have as my daughter. We're all very proud of you, Margot, you know that right?"

I smiled. "Of course I know that, Mom. Thank you," I replied.

"You're welcome. Now, go have some fun. You're only twenty once!" she said enthusiastically.

"Will do. I'll talk to you later, ok?" I said.

"Sure. Love you bunches!" she told me, and that sentence made me cringe, but I did appreciate the effort.

"Love you too," I replied, and then hung up.

Shawn laughed the second I hung up. "'No, of course we're staying in separate rooms, Mom,'" Shawn mocked me. "You're a pathological liar, Margot Kate."

I chuckled and shook my head. "Maybe you should stay in a separate room," I challenged him. He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever your pretty, little heart desires, Margot Kate," he told me, placing a kiss on my forehead. I smiled to myself as he kissed my nose, then finally my lips. "Happy birthday, beautiful."

"Thank you," I replied cheerfully. "And thank you for coming here to spend it with me."

"Well, I'm very in love with you, so it's really not a problem," he told me with a grin, and I laughed.

"Well, I'm very in love with you too," I replied, smiling as well. I sat up in the bed and stretched my arms, then yawned.

He caught my hand when I tried to stand up, and pulled me back onto the bed. "Let me go," I said through my laughter, trying to get out of his grip.

"Never," he replied, laughing too. I tried to get him to loosen his grip, but he grabbed my other arm, pulling me on top of him. He easily flipped us so that he was on top of me, looking down at me with a huge smile.

Of course, the whole scenario resulted in me singing This Is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco, obviously ("if you love me, let me goooooo!") and he eventually did let go just to get me to shut up. ("There are other people in this hotel besides you, Margot.")

"You know you love me," I said in reply. "Because you let me go."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

I think I mentioned this on my last birthday, but it's true. I hate birthdays. Well, I hate my birthday. I don't like the attention and I don't like the people trying to talk to me about it, even though I appreciate that they care. I just like to keep things pretty low key. And birthdays simply are not low key.

"How about we grab some coffee?" he asked me when we were both up and ready to start the day.

"You really want to?" I asked him in reply, raising my eyebrow.

Going out in public is a bit of a challenge. I mean, people are always going to recognize you and ask for pictures and want to talk, which is totally fine and I get it, but sometimes you just want to be a normal girl walking through the city with her boyfriend. The two of us out in public together is a recipe for disaster. Which is why our "dates" basically consist of me coming over to his place and just hanging out or him coming to my place and just hanging out. I mean, think about one of the first times we went out in public together: we kissed and the whole world saw it. I just can't really stand the invasion of privacy all the time. I get that I sighed up for this, but I just want to be a normal sometimes. Is that so wrong?

"It'll be fine, Margot. We can't keep letting random people control how and when and where we spend our time anymore," he told me, and I sighed.

"I know, I know that. But you know how they are. Intrusive. Invasive. I just don't want it to ruin the time we actually get to spend together, ya know?" I said, examining my naked face in the bathroom mirror. I am in desperate need of some makeup.

"It's not going to ruin anything, relax. We're getting coffee on your birthday and it's going to be great," he replied optimistically.

"Alright," I agreed after sighing.. "Let's do it."

"But first," he began, retreating back to the bedroom. He came back with a box, wrapped in pink wrapping paper. "I got you something."

I gave him a look and reluctantly took it. "I told you I didn't want anything. I really don't. I've got it all already," I told him, and he smiled, then shook his head.

"Stop encouraging me to be a bad boyfriend," he told me, and I rolled my eyes. "It's not much anyways. Just something that I thought you'd like." He shrugged.

I gave him a look, but then carefully unwrapped the box and lifted the lid. Inside was many colorful stacks of envelopes, filling the whole box. Each one of them said Margot Kate on the front in his handwriting, and they all had a number in the right hand corner. There was one white envelope on top of all of them guys read Margot Kate: open on your birthday. I looked at him and laughed as he watched me eagerly, then took the envelope in my hands, opening it and pulling out the paper inside.

Dear Margot Kate,
Happy birthday!! I know you hate your birthday, but that doesn't mean I have to. This is the third birthday I've had the honor of spending with you, and I swear, I love you more with every one that passes. You're really the one, which is sort of crazy to say, but it's true. You're my one, and my only, and my everything. I really love you. Please never think that I don't.

I really had no idea what to get you for your birthday. I never have any idea what to get you, especially because you tell me you don't want anything. I know that gifts and material things don't have much of a place in your heart, so I thought I'd do something a bit different. I hope you like it...

In this box, there's 365 letters. A whole year's worth. Yes, like in "The Notebook." (See? I do pay attention to your Nicholas Sparks movies) I've been putting this together since almost your 19th birthday, when I actually had the idea. When you were back home and I was on the road, I always thought of writing you letters, but never did because its kind of a lost art and the whole mailing situation is a bit complicated when you're on tour. So, I decided I would still write them, I just wouldn't send them. When I couldn't sleep, I would pick up a pen and write you a letter. It just became something I always did. You're just always on my mind, Margot.

So, I thought I could just give them all to you today, on your birthday, and then you could open one every day until your 21st birthday, just to remember that I'm thinking of you. Always. And maybe when we're apart, or you're having a bad day, or we're arguing, or you just need a reminder that I love you, you can read one of the letters and maybe feel a bit better.

I know, it's the cheesiest thing in the whole world, but what can I say? You make me want to be cheesy, Margot Kate.

So...one a day, Margot. No cheating. I wrote numbers on all of them just so I could keep track of how many I'd written, but there isn't any order, so you can read any one of them on whichever day you want. I put the dates on all of them and tried to mention where I was or what I was doing when I was thinking of you so you could know. Some of them are about memories we've made together, some are about things that made me think of you, some are just me telling you about my day and how much I missed you, some are just me telling you something I love about you. But they're all real and true, and it all came totally from me. 100% I really hope that you don't think I'm a dork. I really hope you like this.

Happy birthday, Margot Kate. I love you more than I could ever tell you or write in a letter, but just know that I really do. You mean everything to me. You're my one and only.

Your one and only (I hope),
    Shawn

(p.s. I want you forever. Every part of you. NEVER think differently)

(p.p.s. this is letter #1, so don't open another)

By the time I had finished reading his letter, I was as convinced that I was even more in love with him than I was five minutes ago, which I didn't even think was possible. He gets more amazing as the years go by, truly, honestly.

"You're perfect. This is perfect. God, I love you so much," I told him, then I wrapped my arms around him, practically throwing myself into his arms. He chuckled.

"I love you so much too," he told me, kissing the top of my head. "I know it's kind of lame, but —"

"Lame? Are you kidding me?" I interrupted. "This is the sweetest gift anyone's ever given me," I told him, smiling at him.

He looked at the ground and shrugged, his face reddening. "I just...you always say you don't want anything and I don't know what to get you, but I thought you might like this. You said that if I had to get you anything, you just wanted it to be "something from the heart," he said, and I nodded and smiled. "Margot, this is ridiculously from the heart."

I laughed and hugged him again, and we stayed like that for a moment or two. "I love you a lot, did you know that?" I said into his ear, and he let out a light laugh.

"You only tell me every single chance you get," he replied with a grin.

"Because it's true," I said, kissing his cheek.

He caught my arm when I attempted to walk away, then pulled me back to him and kissed me, his hands on the sides of my face, and mine wrapped around him. It was perfect.

"Now, you said we were getting coffee?" I asked, and he laughed.

"For you, Margot Kate? Anything," he told me, grinning.

In my mind, all I could think about was how I don't deserve someone so amazing. I do not deserve him. But he loves me, and I love him. Maybe I don't have to deserve him. I just have to love him.

• • •
no song in tweet...but I mentioned "This Is Gospel" by P!ATD in this chapter, so here ya go:

but some other good ones out there right now are:
-So Much More Than This (Grace VanderWaal)
-Young Dumb & Broke (Khalid)
-New Rules (Dua Lipa)
-Perfect (Ed Sheeran) (obviously)
-I Fall Apart (Post Malone)

➡️ HIIII!! oml it's been forever because I couldn't seem to finish this freaking chapter! I don't know why I was so stuck in it but I just couldn't get into it and like write a bunch at one time. It was so frustrating because I really wanted to update it but I just didn't feel like it was good enough so I kept adding to it and rereading it over and over. So I'm sorryyy :(

I know it wasn't the best chapter ever, but if you liked it, PLEASE let me know! I love feedback so much!! ugh I sound like my algebra 2 teacher (ughhhhhh)

literally I have been so busy lately. volleyball season just ended, homecoming is Saturday, it's spirit week, tomorrow is the last day of the quarter and I need to memorize all the US presidents by tomorrow morning, and I am just STRESSED TO THE MAX. please send help.

thank you so much for reading!! and thank you if you leave comments because you are my favorites!! I will try to update more often after everything in my life settles down a bit.

question of the day⬇️
homecoming...you going? did ya go? was it fun? let me know your experience...

it's always a good time but right now I'm just stressing over it too much to even think about having fun lol.

alrighty, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR READING!! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU WILL!! LOVE YOU

-jsm💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 6.9K 54
"Do you have a crush on me?" He asks "No.." I try to deny it. "I think you do..." he says and he gets closer. He is as close as we've never been bef...
32.1K 584 47
Oh baby if this is what it's like falling in love Then I don't ever wanna grow up ------ Charlotte Johnson, an average 17 year old girl, could never...
75.7K 2.2K 51
"well, yeah. Justin bieber's my first crush." When I said this, I was laughing. Everyone was. "what? who wouldn't right?" with that, they stopped the...
5.3K 59 47
"I have fallen completely in love with you all over again," I started as I looked up at Shawn, he just stared at me in shock, "everything you do, eve...