Am I Not Good Enough

By XSeasonX

Maya Duffield's life was just getting worse by the days. her parents are dead, her sister get's kidnapped and... More

Am I Not Good Enough
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 - Part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 45

2K 40 0
By XSeasonX

well i uploaded quickly, that's good. and thank you to everyone who votes and comments it helps me get the chapter up faster. hope you guys like this one!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 45

Mariah’s POV

It was like I was still here but not, I could see everything but my eyes were closed, I could feel everything but I couldn’t move, I could think but I couldn’t say. I could feel by body barley reacting and trying to hang in there. I saw Maya and I wanted to reach out to her so bad, to tell her life will go on without me and she’s strong enough without me.

There is so many things I wish I could tell her right now, but I guess death is on it’s own clock. When I heard her chose the drug I knew she made the right choice, I would have chosen that too. this way there is a lower chance of living but a higher chance of being able to live properly and no a vessel. the injected the stuff into my arms and I could feel the cold liquid rushing through me, I pushed myself to open my eyes but I couldn’t. I tried everything to get my body moving and up. This was going to be the last chance I have and I have to give it everything, I really owe it all to Maya.  I’m just happy that she has loving people around her, that gives me the signal that she will be ok either way. because my main concern is her right now and not me.

I felt the boost hit my system and push my wolf out. a overwhelming feeling rushed over me and all I wanted to do was move. I began to feel my body again though, I could feel the pain coursing through me and I let out a groan- wait did I just make something actually come out of my mouth! “hurry up and get her attached!” I heard panicked voices around me, and for god sakes I hope it was a good thing. My blood was pounding all over my body and my limbs felt heavy, but real. I tried to open an eye but It was like they were glued shut. I had to focus everything on opening them, that’s when they finally opened into slits.

Maya’s POV

I stared anxiously at Mariah and hoped that she would open her eyes or show some sign of movement, and just when I was sure that it was over, I heard a groan come from her mouth “hurry up and get her attached!” I heard one of the doctors scream. I guess that was a sign that she was waking up. They hooked her up into some wires and watched her. I watched in pure joy as her eyes opened the tiniest bit, she was here and she was alive. She would make it! “ok I want everyone out right now!” I tore my eyes away from her reluctantly and followed the rest of them outside. “well then I have some other things to take care of and I'm glad this was a success” alpha Railington said before walking off.  I looked over at Jace and Dustin to see them staring at me.

“what” I asked raising an eyebrow. “why are you not mad at us? I mean we drugged you to take you away from Mariah” Jace said confused. It was true that I was mad at first but I understood their intentions. I wouldn’t have left Mariah and I guess that little time out had me understanding why they did it. I needed it and I wouldn’t have it any other way, they were forced to do what they did and I know they did it with good intentions. This was the first time in two days that I'm not angry and I'm showing real emotion. “because I understand why you did it.” I said nodding. “you know we never meant to hurt you Maya, you are everything too us and we never want you to go through anything like that again” Dustin said taking a step towards me. after all of the fights we have had together I still love Dustin, I must be crazy to love him but I do.

He keeps me sain and we may not be a perfect mate couple but we are perfect  for each other. “Maya, as soon as this is done Chris wanted to see us about having Mindy move in and stuff” Jace said looking at me, I was glad for the change of topic because I wasn’t too big on talking about why they had drugged me. “oh yea. That would be great. You can tell him that he  can go and get her now, we will meet up with them when this is all settled” I nodded, I was back to my strong controlled self at least. Now that Mariah was safe ad alive I knew that I could carry on with what I needed too, leaving Jace to do it all by himself wasn’t fair.

“how do you do it Maya?” Jace asked taking me off guard. “how do I do what?” I asked confused. “how are you so strong that after something like this you are ready to take on anything that get’s thrown at you, I could never do any of this and I’m so glad your my co-alpha” I smiled and walked over to hug him. “I only get through it because all you guys are there for me every step of the way” I mumbled into his shoulder. It was true, we all fought and did some wrong things but we had a strong connection between all of us that kept us this way. speaking of connection, I still have to take care of my dad, but I’ll let Mariah help me with that one.

Mariah’s POV

My eyes reached open fully and I could barely move my legs, but they were still moving at least. “Welcome back Mariah” the women smiled and said to me. “thank you for bringing me back” I said appreciably.  “that’s just our job” The man replied smiling. “the best thing is to get moving so your body can get back to normal, but rest for a hour or so and then you can get going. You will be in a lot of pain for the next few days but it will get better. everything is supposed to heal normally thanks to the boost, call us If you have any problems and we will give you some medication to numb the pain” she smiled and said to me.

It feels like I'm good as new, sure I felt like utter crap right now but it was the best feeling I could have. I had a bright smile on my face as I stared into the life that I was still in. It was a miracle that I made it, I guess is wasn’t really my time yet, I wanted so bad to just see Maya though.

“thank you for everything, can I see my sister now?” I asked as politely as possible. The nodded and left out the door. A moment later Maya walked in with a smile on her face, a smile I have only seen rarely. Tears were also streaming down her cheeks as she looked at with pure joy.  “I can’t believe it” she chocked out before rushing towards me and hugging me lightly. “I owe you everything Maya, thank you so much” I said while looking into her eyes.  “you don’t owe me anything, you have raised me and given me everything that I couldn’t have.” She replied back to me. Maya was the most important person in my life and I’m so proud that she is such a beautiful smart and strong girl. She grew up without parents and just me, she didn’t have much friends and some people pushed her around but she was not  a push over and she didn’t let people bring her down. She was so perfect in my eyes.

“so what have I missed?” I smiled and looked at her, our relationship was good. We told each other everything and we always had the best of times. “well since you left……….

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes were side and my mouth was a gaping hole, she was a alpha! She had a mate and he rejected her and it’s Dustin! She met those people in the woods and how Chris found his mate and everything! So much had happened plus she took down the whole rouge pack! “oh and I have one more thing to do but I need your help with it” she said seriously. I looked at her surprised, what else could this girl have to do? Did it ever end?

“And what would that be?” I asked.  “we have to go and get revenge on our so called father” he spat his name in disgust and I clenched my jaw, I wanted that man dead even if it is my own dad. “Let’s do it now” I said harshly. Maya looked at me a little wary, “oh I'm not broken let’s just go. We’ve been in here for like an hour already!” I rolled my eyes and helped myself out of the bed. I wasn’t going to lie, it hurt like hell but I was not one for giving into weakness. I was one to push through it and not show anyone.

“are you sure you’ve alright? You just practically came back to life like a hour ago?” she looked at me as if she was thinking, I grabbed her arms and stumbled towards the door, I wanted to get this stupid thing over with and this man dead. “you have a dagger on you?” she always had a dagger on her, for what reason I don’t know but it was helpful at time.

“ok let’s hurry up here”  I said pulling her faster. My legs were working good, I was only a little off balanced as I raced down the stairs towards the basement, the doctors were right, once I got moving then everything felt a little better.

We reached the basement and I looked around at all the doors. “Which one is he in?”  I asked eyeing them. she pointed to a black one and I stepped in. my dads head shot up in surprise when he noticed someone had entered the door, his face became wider when he saw me and Maya behind me. “I told you father, I would get my sister back and then kill you” Maya said from behind me. I guess they have had him for a while now. that still doesn’t make anything different though. “First of all dad, why did you do this? Why did you do it all to your pack and your family?” I asked, I had to know why he would do this all the everyone who ever loved him.

“because I was sick of it, I was sick of all you guys. I wanted more and obviously you guys couldn’t give that too me. I hated you Mariah, I always hated you. Maya was the only good daughter and when I tried to get her with me again she decided to be a wimp like you, you two are the biggest disappointments of daughter I have ever seen” he spat. I wasn’t affected by that because he had no effect on me anymore. It doesn’t matter what he says about me. “well I guess I gave you your final words right there” I said and side stepped so Maya could get through.

She stepped in front of him with the dagger in her hand, “so I guess this Is how it ends, it was either us or you. You lost” she said, and without giving him a chance to reply she plunged the dagger into his leg. His hands and feet were tied and he lay on the ground so the most t he could do was role and groan. She handed me the dagger and stepped back. I took it from her and stabbed him in the arm, I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of stabbing his chest and letting him die fast. I was going to let him bleed out on the ground in pure agony. I handed it back to Maya, I was done with him.

“well just so you know dad, I'm not a alpha and Mariah is back where she belongs. We have everything we could have ever needed without you. You tried to play a game against this pack and you lost” and with that she threw the dagger perfectly into his shoulder. She walked forward and wrenched it out of him. I spared him one last glance before walking away and out the door. “So that pack is ok with all of this?” we don’t normally kill our captives and if we have to we don’t hold them for long.

“yes as soon as he was in here he was sentenced for death, I might of needed him for a hint of where you guys were though. I never needed him, it’s a shame we had such a poor excuse for a dad” she said shrugging. I guess we both got over the fact that we have no parents left and he is definitely dead to us since the day we both saw him again.

Maya’s POV

It felt good to have him over and done with and Mariah back with me. I had my family back, my mate and my friends. It seems like everything seems to work out in the end in some weird way. even know my dad turned out to be my biggest enemy, my mate was just something ‘special’ , and my friends all messed up in a way. but in the back of my mind I knew this isn’t quite the end. There was still pack business to get started and this was just the first of my alpha duties.

Without me having all the traits of a normal alpha things were going to be harder for me, but for some reason I feel like I should belong in a alpha position.  I have to much pride to let it go now, and I know I would fight for my pack. one problem down, a million more to go.

I sighed and walked up the stairs, I now had the job of cleaning this bloody dagger………………

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32 0 15
In her world full of trauma, entrepreneurship, loyalty, and insecurities, she finally decides to disappear from everything. Aside from her breakup wi...
71 2 15
Laura has been having nightmares about someone who's after her for revenge. Her family and people from school keep asking what's wrong, but she knew...
14.9K 224 16
Y/n was just having a amazing life. Her Parents are loving, has good friends, and she always visiting her favorite place of all, Willy's Wonderland.B...
38.7K 810 24
It all started with a realization and now he's insane. They spend an awesome night together and now Amy has to keep a secret from Sonic while also em...