My Wiccan Guide

By MidnightCat13

This Is all the information I have collected since discovering Wicca. I thought it might be nice to share. I... More

Author's Note
The Wiccan Rede
What is Wicca?
Wiccan Terms
The Sabbats
Mabon: Song of the Equinox (Leanne Daharja)
Circle of the Seasons: Mabon (Lisa Thiel)
Mabon Ritual
Sabbat Poem: Fall Equinox (Mabon) (By Kachina)
September (Brierly Ashour)
Autumn Equinox (Author Unknown)
Celebrate the God & Goddess at Samhain
Ritual to Celebrate the Cycle of Life and Death
Ritual Honoring the Harvest's End
Samhain Ritual to Honor Animals
Ritual to Honor the Ancestors at Samhain
Ancestor Rite for Families with Children
Samhain (Annie Finch)
The Veil Is Getting Thin (Unknown)
Samhain (Kenny Klien)
Dear Ancestor (Unknown)
The Drums of Samhain (Chanticleer)
Sam Hain (Lord Fluff)
The Elements
The Moon Phases
The Triple Goddess
Casting a Circle
The Metaphysical Properties of Crystals
Crystal Therapy
The Uses of Herbs
Incense
Essential Oils
Colors
Chakras
Divination
Runes
Auras
Candle Magick
Spells for Beginners
Black Magick Versus White Magick
Goddess Grace (Author Unknown)
How to Find Your Spirit Animal
Help an Author Out!
Putting This Story On Hold

The Metaphysical Properties of Herbs

3.2K 39 14
By MidnightCat13

          I have always been drawn to plants and herbs, even before I discovered Wicca. Herbs are my number one go-to when it comes to the Craft. This is a list of the metaphysical properties of herbs and plants that I have found. 

Acacia- Protection, Psychic Powers, Money and Love Spells

Aconite- Also known as Wolfsbane, it can be used to make a wash for ritual tools & space. *Poisonous, do not ingest.*

Acorn- Can be used in charms or spells for good luck, protection, wisdom, and personal power. Sacred to Druids and can be used at the tip of wands.

Adam & Eve Roots-Love, Happiness

Adder's Tongue-This herb can be used in spells and charms to stop gossip and slander or to promote healing. It has also been referred to as Serpent’s Tongue and is often considered sacred to those gods associated with snakes. Healing.

 African Violet- Spirituality, Protection

Agaric- Fertility

Agrimony- It is used in protection spells. It can also be used to reverse spells sent against you. It can also be used in “sleep” sachets that you place under your pillow to allow you a restful sleep.

Alder- Used for protection spells and divination. Associated with music and weather magic and sacred to Druids. A whistle made from the branch of an Alder tree is associated with the old superstition of whistling up the wind.

Ague Root- Protection

Alfalfa- Used in spells involving prosperity, money and to ward off hunger.

Alkanet- Purification, Prosperity

Allspice- This herb promotes determination and energy. It is also used in spells and charms that involve money, luck and healing. Can be used to create a healing herbal bath.

Almond- Associated with wisdom, money, fruitfulness, and prosperity. It can be used in spells and charms or burned as incense to attract abundance. Be careful to specify what type of abundance you are seeking.

Aloe- Used for protection and luck. It can be hung in the home as a charm to attract luck and protection for those who live there. It can also be grown in pots and placed around the home to provide protection from accidents within the home.

Althea- Protection, Psychic Powers

Alyssum- Protection, Moderating Anger

Amaranth- Healing Heartbreak, Protection, Invisibility

Amber- Used for protection from harm and success. Helps to clear the mind and bring prosperity. Burn as an incense to transform the ambient negative energy to positive energy.

Anemone- Protection and healing.

Angelica Root- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Use in protection and exorcism incense, and also carry the root in a pouch as a protective talisman. Add to bath to remove hexes. Removes curses, hexes, or spells that have been cast against you. Smoking the leaves can cause visions. Angelica protects by both creating a barrier against negative energy, and by filling it's user with positive energy. Enhances the aura, giving a joyful outlook. Relieves tension headache, diuretic, beneficial to the stomach and digestion. Relieves buildup of phlegm due to asthma and bronchitis. Is an excellent herb to use for protection against negative energy. It can also be used in healing. It can be used in purification and uncrossing spells. It can be used in herbal baths for the purpose of removing curses, hexes, or spells. Sprinkle around the outside of your home for protection of the home. *Use with caution- Large doses can negatively affect blood pressure, heart, and respiration. If pregnant, can cause miscarriage.*

Anise- Use in a sleep pillow to prevent disturbing dreams. A good herb to add to purification baths. Can be used in protection and meditation incenses. It can be used as an incense during the invocation of Mercury or Apollo.

Apple- Sometimes considered the food of the gods. Apples play an important role in many mythologies and are tied to fertility gods. It is also considered the food of the dead and is burned at Samhain in honor of those who will be reborn in the spring. It is traditional to leave two apples in the woods when you are finished hunting as an offering to the Horned God. Apple wood is also used in the making of wands to be used when doing rituals dealing with the underworld. It is also considered a sacred tree by the Druids. Apple cider can be substituted for spells/rituals that require blood or wine.

Apricot- Love

Arbutus- Exorcism, Protection

Arnica- An excellent herb that is used in salves for the healing of bruises and sprains. It can be applied to where there is pain and/or inflammation of the skin.

Asafoetida- Exorcism, Purification, Protection

Ash- Protection, Prosperity, Sea Rituals, Health

Aspen- Eloquence, Anti-Theft

Aster- Love

Avens- Exorcism, Purification, Love

Avocado- Love, Lust, Beauty

Bachelor Buttons- Use in Love charms/spells.

Balm of Gilead- Love, Manifestations, Protection, Healing

Bamboo- Protection, Luck, Hex-Breaking, Wishes

Banana- Fertility, Potency, Prosperity

Banyan- Luck. Happiness

Barley- Love, Healing, Protection

Basil- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Use in love and prosperity spells. Carry to attract wealth. Sprinkle basil over your sleeping lover to assure fidelity. Use it in a ritual bath to bring new love in, or to free yourself of an old love. Also used for purification baths. Sprinkle on the floor for protection, and burn as an exorcism incense. It is used for exorcism, protection and love potions. There is an old saying, "Where Basil grows, no evil goes!" and "Where Basil is, no evil lives." A gift of Basil given to someone moving into a new home will bring them good luck.

Bay Leaves- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Sacred to the god Apollo. Use in potions for visions, clairvoyance and wisdom. Place under your pillow to induce prophetic dreams. Carry to ward off evil, and scatter or burn for exorcism. Add to cleansing teas and baths. Scatter on the floor, and then sweep out for protection. The priestesses at Delphi are said to have chewed bay leaves to induce their visions and prophesies. This herb is used for protection, good fortune, success, purification, strength, healing and divination. It is traditional to write wishes on the leaves and then burn them to make them come true. Place a leaf in the corner of each room in the house to protect all that dwell there. Carry bay leaf or use in a protection charm to protect yourself against magical attack.

Bayberry- Brings good fortune, luck, healing, and relief from stress.

Beech- Wishes

Beet- Love

Beeswax- Used for making candles, natural polish, protective finish for things such as wooden wands, and used in herbal salves to thicken.

Belladonna- This herb is *deadly poisonous. Handle with care - DO NOT INGEST.* Caution should be taken when handling because it can be absorbed through the skin. Its uses include astral projection and protection spells. It can be used in flying ointment to achieve altered states of mind. It is not recommended though because people have died using this herb. Even some who were quite familiar with its use.

Benzoin- A resin used for purifying, for success, meditation, and stress reduction. It can be used alone as an incense or as a binder in making incense. It works well as a fixative in the blending of other resins together. It enhances the scent of other resins when mixed in. A must when making incenses that use resins.

Bergamot- Used in spells and charms involving money, prosperity, protection, stopping outside interference, and promoting restful sleep.

Birch- Protection, Exorcism, Purification and Cleansing

Bistort- Psychic Powers, Fertility

Bittersweet- Protection, Healing

Bladderwrack- Protection, Sea Spells, Wind Spells, Money, Psychic Powers

Black Pepper- Used in spells and charms that banish negativity and protection from evil. Also used in exorcism.

Bleeding Heart- Love

Blessed Thistle- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Purification, hex-breaking, protection from evil- removes unwanted influences, particularly of malevolent intent. Strew to cleanse buildings or rooms, beneficial in healing spells. Strengthens liver function, combat hepatitis, aids memory purifies the blood stream. Good for migraine, nausea, and gallstones.

Bloodroot- Love, Protection, Purification

Bluebell- Luck, Truth

Blueberry- Protection

Blue Flag- Money

Bodhi- Fertility, Protection, Wisdom, Meditation

Boneset- Protection, Exorcism

Borage- Courage, Psychic Powers

Bracken- Healing, Rune Magic, Prophetic Dreams

Bramble (Blackberry) Leaf- Venus, Water, Feminine. Powerful herb of protection, and used in invocations to the goddess Brigit, who presides over healing, poetry, sacred wells, and smith craft. Also used to attract wealth. If twined into a wreath with rowan and ivy, will keep away evil spirits. A bramble patch is a favorite hiding place for faerie folk, use to invoke and attract faerie spirits.

Brazil Nut- Love

Brimstone- Another name for powdered sulfur. Used in spells and charms that dispels or prevents a curse/hex. Can be used to remove an enemy's power over you.

Briony- Image Magic, Money, Protection

Bromeliad- Protection, Money

Broom- Purification, Protection, Wind Spells, Divination

Buchu- Psychic Powers, Prophetic Dreams

Buckeye- A good herb for divination. It can be used in spells and charms to bring good luck and attracting money and wealth. Used in Hoodoo as a charm for gamblers.

Buckthorn- Protection, Exorcism, Wishes, Legal Matters

Buckwheat- Money, Protection

Burdock- Venus, Water, Feminine. Used in protection incenses and for healing, especially the feet. Carry as a protection sachet or burn for purification of a room. Rinse with a root decoction for ridding oneself of a gloomy feeling about yourself or others.

Cabbage- Luck

Cacao (Chocolate)- Venus, Water, Feminine. The Aztec's Food of the Gods. An aphrodisiac, a mild euphoric, and helps to heal depression. It is extremely effective in love potions and spells. Cacao is a required offering during Day of the Dead, can be used to appease restless spirits, or attract passed loved ones during séance.

Cactus- Used for protection and banishing. It can be mixed with other banishing symbols for protection. Grow in the home or garden for protection of the home. Best to place in all directions of the home (north, south, east, and west) to ensure full protection. Its needles, instead of whole plant, can be used in spells/charms for protection.

Calamus- Luck, Healing, Money, Protection

Carnation- Can be used in healing and protection.

Camellia- Moon, Water, Feminine. Brings riches and luxury, expresses gratitude. Place fresh blossoms in water on altar during ritual to attract money and prosperity. Used in traditional Chinese medicine for treating skin conditions.

Camphor- Chastity, Health, Divination

Caper- Potency, Lust, Luck

Caraway- Mercury, Air, Masculine. Carry for protection against spirits who mean harm, especially Lilith. The seeds can be used to ensure faithfulness, and can be used in spells to attract a lover. Used in cooking, will induce lust.

Cardamon- Lust, Love

Carnation- Protection, Strength, Healing

Carob- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Often used as a chocolate substitute, but although the flavor is similar, the correspondences are opposite. Useful for protection and prosperity (the dried pods were once used as currency). Can be burned as an incense to attract spirit helpers and familiars, or to deter poltergeists.

Carrot- Fertility, Lust

Cascara Sagrada- Legal Matters, Money, Protection,

Cashew- Used for money spells and charms

Castor- Protection

Catnip- Water, Venus, Feminine. An herb sacred to Bast. Animal magick and healing pets, increases psychic bond with animals. Use as a tea for happiness and relaxation. Can also be used during meditation, increases psychic abilities. Useful in love magick- try burning dried leaves for love wishes. Effective when used in rituals involving cats or cat deities. It can be used with other herbs in love spells and charms. If grown near the home it will attract positive spirits. It can be used in charms to bring good luck.

Cat Tail- Lust

Cayenne Pepper- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Use in hexes, or to break a hex. Use in love or separation spells. The fire or spark of the spirit, it adds power to any spell. Contains capsaicin, which acts as a stimulating digestive aid. Apply externally for joint pain. Aids circulation, blood pressure, and colds. Those with ulcers or chronic bowel disorders should avoid using in large quantities.

Cedar- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Healing, purification, money, protection, love. Cedar smoke is purifying and can cure nightmares. Keep cedar in your wallet or purse to attract money, and use in money incense. It can also be used in love sachets or burned to induce psychic powers. Use to draw Earth energy and grounding. Use in spells and charms to promote strength, protection, healing and purification.

Celandine- Protection, Escape, Happiness, Legal Matters

Celery- Mental Powers, Lust, Psychic Powers

Centaury- Snake Removing

Chamomile- Sun, Water, Masculine. Chamomile tea is a great relaxer. Prosperity wishes, use to attract money, use as an amulet for prosperity. Use in sleep and meditation incense. Prepares body and mind for magick. Add to a bath or use to wash your face and hair to attract love. Use in spells and charms to bring love Bathe children in chamomile tea to protect from the evil eye, useful in breaking curses cast against you. Use in spells and charms to bring healing and reduction of stress. Sprinkle around the house for protection and to dispel curses. Burn as incense for de-stressing and meditation. Make into a tea and drink for a restful sleep. Used for luck in gambling and to attract wealth.

Cherry Bark/Wood- Used in lust spells. Can also be burned as an incense to aid in divination.

Chestnut- Love

Chickweed- Fertility, Love

Chicory- Removing Obstacles, Invisibility, favors, Frigidity

Chili Pepper- Use in spells and charms to promote fidelity and love. Use to “spice” or “heat up” a relationship. It can also be used in spells to break curses/hexes. Place them around the house to break negative spells placed on you or those in the home. Fidelity, Hex Breaking, Love

China Berry- Luck, Change

Chives- Used for protection and weight loss. Mix in food with magical intent to promote weight loss or protect those who eat the food.

Chrysanthemum- Protection. Grow in the garden for protection of the home. White is the best color of flower for this, but any color will do.

Cinchona-Luck, Protection

Cinnamon- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Spirituality, success, healing, psychic powers, lust, protection, love. Burn cinnamon as an incense or use in sachets and spells for healing, money-drawing, psychic powers, and protection. Mix with frankincense, myrrh and sandalwood for a strong protection incense to be burned every day. A male aphrodisiac. Use in spells and charms to draw money & prosperity. Also used to raise spirituality and promote healing, success, protection and luck. Can be burned and an incense to promote protection, wealth and raise spirituality.

Cinquefoil- Money, Protection, Prophetic Dreams, Sleep

Citron- Psychic Powers, Healing

Citronella- Burn or use in charm to protect and cleanses the aura. Use in charms and spells to encourages creativity and clear the mind. Also used to repel insects.

Cloth of Gold- Understand Animal Languages

Cloves- Jupiter Fire Masculine

Protection, exorcism, love, money, good luck. Use in incense to attract money, drive away negativity, purify, gain luck or stop gossip. Wear to attract the opposite sex or for protection. Worn or carried to repel negative energies around you, also said to protect babies in their cribs if hung over them strung together. Used in spells and charms for protection, love, money, and exorcism. Used to cleanse the aura. Use in spells/charms/incense for protection, banishing negative spirits/energy and to stop gossip. Burn as an incense to purify an area. Club Moss- Protection, Power

Coconut- Purification, Protection, Chastity

Cohosh, Black- Love, Courage, Protection, Potency

Clover- Use in spells and charms to promote fidelity, money, love, and success. Also used for protection. Used in the consecration of ritual tools. Place around the home to drive away negative spirits.

Coltsfoot- Venus, Water, Feminine. Sacred to Brighid. Add to love sachets and use in spells for peace and tranquility. Smoke the leaves to aid in obtaining visions. A soothing expectorant and anti-spasmodic, which can be used to treat bronchitis, whooping cough, asthma, and chronic emphysema. Use in spells and charms for wealth, prosperity, visions and love. *Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing!*

Columbine- Courage, Love

Comfrey- Air, Saturn, Feminine. A strong herb for protection against any type of negativity, especially when traveling, and particularly for protection in the astral realms. Very nutritious, beneficial for healing sprains, strains, fractures and sores. Also soothes an upset stomach. Use in charms for safety and protection while traveling. Use the root of the herb for money spells and incenses. 

Copal- Used in incense for purification, consecration, contact with other planes, exorcism. Can be used in charms and spells for the same as listed for incense.

Coriander- Love, Health, Healing

Corn- Protection, Luck, Divination

Cornflower- Psychism

Cotton- Luck, Healing, Protection, Rain, Fishing Magic

Cowslip- Healing, Youth, Treasure Finding

Crocus- Love, Visions

Cubeb- Love

Cuckoo-flower- Fertility, Lover

Cucumber- Chastity, Healing, Fertility

Cumin- Mars Fire Masculine

Burn with frankincense for protection. Mix with salt and scatter to keep away evil spirits and bad luck. Use in love spells. Steep cumin seed in wine to induce lust. Place the seeds on, in or near an object to prevent left. Burn with frankincense for protection.

Curry- Protection

Cyclamen- Fertility, Protection, Happiness, Lust

Cypress- Sacred to Apollo. Hang in the home for protection. Burn cypress wood to lessen the grief of death or to aid in divination. Carry as a charm at funerals to ease the mind and lessen grief.

Daffodil- Love, fertility and luck. Keep in the home or altar to keep negative energy away.

Daisy- Use in spells and charms for lust, love and luck. This flower is associated with babies and newborns. Use in baby blessings and during Wiccanings. Place in babies’ room for protection. Wear or carry to draw romance.

Damiana- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Sex magick, lust, love, visions. Use in lust spells. Use in love baths. Burn to enhance visions. Damiana can be prepared in a tea for use in sex magick. It is a mild aphrodisiac. It produces a marijuana-like euphoria when smoked. Good for enchanting a male lover. Damiana tea is the best thing for hangovers. Use caution with this herb.

Dandelion Leaf- Jupiter, Air, Masculine. Divination, wishes, calling Spirits. Used in Samhain rituals. Sleep, protection, healing. A very nutritious and universally beneficial herb. Use in dream pillows and sachets, the leaves and flowers can be used in tea for healing. Used in summoning spirits, healing, purification and defeating curses or negativity.

Dandelion Root- Used for divination and calling spirits. Use in dream pillows for sleep protection. Use in a tea to enhance psychic powers.

Datura- Hex Breaking, Sleep, Protection

Deerstongue- Lust, Psychic Powers

Devils Bit- Exorcism, Love, Protection, Lust

Devils Shoestring- Protection, Gambling, Luck, Power, Employment

Dill- Mercury, Fire, Masculine. Hang in the doorway to protect your home, or carry to protect your person. Can be used in money spells. Add to a ritual bath to become irresistible to the one you desire. Use in love and lust spells.

Dittany of Crete- Manifestations, Astral Projection

Dock- Healing, Fertility, Money

Dodder- Love, Divination, Knot Magic

Dogbane- Love

Dogwood- Wishes, Protection

Dragon's Blood- Used for protection, increasing potency in magical works and purification. Burn as an incense to increase the potency of spellwork. It is excellent in banishing and exorcism.

Dulse- Lust, Harmony

Dutchmans Breeches- Love

Ebony- Protection, Power

Echinacea- Used to add power to charms, spells and incenses. Can be used as an offering to spirits.

Edelweiss- Invisibility, Bullet-Proofing

Elder- Exorcism, Protection, Healing, Prosperity, Sleep

Elecampane- Love, Protection, Psychic Powers

Elm- Love

Epsom Salt- Typically it is the salt used in ritual baths and bath salt recipes. Add a small amount to cauldron water to keep smoke down.

Endive- Lust, Love

Eryngo- Travelers Luck, Peace, Lust, Love

Eucalyptus Leaf- Air, Moon, Feminine. Uses include great healing properties, kills germs, infections, eases lung congestion, heart stimulant. Attracts healing vibrations and protection. Use to purify and cleanse any space of unwanted energies. Also useful in dream and sleep pillows. Great for protection and healing. Can also be used to purify any space. Can be used to fill healing poppets or charms.

Euphorbia- Purification, Protection

Eyebright- Mental Powers, Psychic Power

Fennel Seed- Mercury, Fire, Masculine. Healing, longevity, courage, vitality, virility and strength. Use for protection spells of all kinds. Prevents curses, possession and negativity. Use for purification. Gives strength, courage and longevity. Delicious flavor, purifies breath, aids digestion and weight loss. Use in spells and charms for protection, healing, and purification. 

Fenugreek- Money

Fern Leaf- Dispels negativity and promotes mental clarity. Can be used to cleanse and purify a space. Put in a room where you need a clear mind to think, such as an office. Rain Making, Protection, Luck, Riches, Eternal Youth, Health, Exorcism

Feverfew- Venus, Water, Feminine. Love and protection. Include in charms or sachets. Also a strong herb for health and spiritual healing. Use to ward off sickness and bolster immune system. Protects travelers, keep in your suitcase or car the next time you travel. Excellent treatment for migraine headaches- eases inflammation and constriction of the blood vessels in the head, reduces sensitivity to light and nausea. 

Fig (dried)- Jupiter, Fire, Masculine. Fertility, love spells- excellent ingredient in spell bags. Divination. Sacred to Dionysus, Juno and many others. Recommended for a Beltane altar. If placed on the doorstep before leaving it will ensure you will arrive home safely. 

Flax Seed- Mercury, Fire, Masculine. Use to keep the peace at home- place in a bowl to absorb negative energy. Useful in healing and protection spells. Also, carry flax seeds in your wallet or purse to attract money. Very nutritious, good for cholesterol. 

Figwort- Health, Protection

Flax- Money, Protection, Beauty, Psychic Powers, Healing

Fleabane- Exorcism, Protection, Chastity

Fragrant Bedstraw- Love

Foxglove- Plant near house or in the garden for home protection. Used in spellwork/ritual to contact the underworld.

Frankincense- A resin. Can be used to represent the Divine Masculine. Often combined with myrrh to make a temple incense. Used for protection, cleansing and purification. Burn as an incense for protective work, consecration, and meditation.

Fumitory- Money, Exorcism

Fuzzy Weed- Love, Hunting

Galangal Root- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Psychic abilities, luck, money. For courage, strength, and for avoiding legal problems. Worn or carried, it protects its bearer and draws good luck. Placed in a sachet of leather with silver, it brings money. Powdered galangal is burned to break spells and curses. It is also carried or sprinkled around the home to promote lust. Worn as a talisman, galangal aids psychic development and guards the bearer's health. A mild hallucinogen- eat about three inches of the root for this effect. Use caution with this plant.

Gardenia- Moon, Water, Feminine. Wear to attract love. Use in healing spells. Use in Moon incense, use to increase spirituality. Promotes peace and healing. Use its dried flowers with other healing herbs to bring comfort to one who is ill. Place potted flowers in room to promote a peaceful energy.

Garlic- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Great healing properties, antiviral, antifungal, strengthening. Used to invoke Hecate.  The ancient Greeks placed garlic on the stone cairns at crossroads as an offering to Hecate. Uses include healing, protection, exorcism and purification. Can be used to guard against negative energy, harmful magic, spirits and jealousy of others.

Gentian- Love, Power

Geranium- Fertility, Health, Love, Protection

Giant Vetch- Fidelity

Ginger- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Love, money, success, power. Use in love spells. Eat before performing spells to increase your power. Adds to the strength and speed of any mixture of which it is a part. Use in charms to promote protection and good health.

Ginseng- Used in magic workings of love, beauty, protection, healing and lust. Use the root in spells to attract love, maintain health, draw money and ensure sexual potency. Carry to enhance beauty. Burn to break curses or ward off evil spirits.

Ginseng Powder- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Rejuvenation, longevity and sexual potency. Make into a lust enhancing tea. Useful as an antidepressant, equalizes blood pressure, and aids digestion.

Goats Rue- Healing, Health

Goldenrod- Money, Divination

Goldenseal- Used in healing rituals, money spells, and spells to bring success. Use in other spells and charms to increase the power.

Gorse- Protection, Money

Gotu Kola- Meditation

Gourd- Protection

Grain- Protection

Grains of Paradise- Lust, Luck, Love, Money, Wishes

Grape- Fertility, Garden Magic, Mental Powers, Money

Grass- Psychic Powers, Protection

Ground Ivy- Divination

Groundsel- Health, Healing

Gum Arabic- Use for protection, psychic and spiritual enhancement. Use as part of incense mixture burned during meditation. Use to consecrate boxes that hold ritual tools.

Hawthorn- Fertility, Chastity, Fishing Magic, Happiness

Hazel- Luck, Fertility, Anti-Lightning, Protection, Wishes

Heather- Used in spells and charms for protection and luck.

Heliotrope- Exorcism, Prophetic Dreams, Healing, Wealth, Invisibility

Hellebore, Black- Protection *TOXIC*

Hemlock- Destroy Sexual Drive *TOXIC*

Hemp- Healing, Love, Vision, Meditation

Henbane- Love Attraction *TOXIC*

Henna- Healing

Hibiscus Flower- Venus, Water, Feminine. Useful as an aphrodisiac and in love spells. Used in spells and charms to attract love and lust.  Also use to induce dreams, and enhance psychic ability and divination. Soothes nerves, antispasmodic. Tea aids digestion, and sweetens breath. Helpful with itchy skin. Hickory- Used in spells and charms for protection, love, lust and legal matters.

High John the Conqueror- Often called the “all purpose” herb. It is used for strength, obtaining success, victory in any situation, gambling, luck, money, health, love and protection. Great for use in ritual work focused on prosperity.

Holly- Used to promote a stable marriage, love, luck and dreams. Plant outside the home for protection. The wood is used for all magickal tools as it will enhance any wish you have.

Holly Leaf- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Luck, dream magick. An excellent protective herb, keeps away lightning, poison, evil spirits, and other malign forces. Used as decoration during Yule. A powerful protection. Do not consume, for ritual use only.

Hollyhock- Used in spells and charms to increase the flow of money and wealth. Grow near the home to promote success of those who live there.

Honeysuckle- Used in spells and charms to draw money, success and wealth of material objects.

Hops- Mars, Air, Masculine. Use in healing incenses and spells. Put inside pillow to induce sleep. Tea helps with a restful sleep. Also drink tea after magickal practices to balance and refocus your energy back to ordinary reality. Use in healing sachets and amulets. Also burned during healing prayers.

Horehound- Mercury, Earth, Masculine. As a tea to increase energy and strength, both physically and mentally- it increases concentration and focus. Carry or burn for protection wishes. Called the "Seed of Horus" by the Ancient Egyptians, it is excellent for blessing one's home. Gather flowering Horehound and tie with a ribbon, then hang it in your home to keep it free from negative energies. The leaves and stems are used in candies, cough drops and syrups. Used to treat asthma, coughs, colds, bronchitis, sore throats, and skin irritations. Also used as a diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, laxative, stimulant, and stomachic.

Horse Chestnut- Money, Healing

Horseradish- Purification, Exorcism

Horsetail- Snake Charming, Fertility

Houndstongue- Tying Dog's Tongues

Houseleek- Luck, Protection, Love

Huckleberry- Luck, Protection, Dream Magic, Hex Breaking

Hyacinth- Sacred to Apollo and gay men. Named after Hyacinthus; Apollo’s fallen male lover. It symbolizes homosexual love. Used to attack love, luck and good fortune.

Hydrangea- Used in spells and rituals for hex-breaking, attracting love, promotion of fidelity and to bind.

Hyssop- Jupiter, Fire, Masculine. An excellent purifying herb. Use in purification baths and spells. Associated with serpents and dragons, and can be burned as an incense to call on dragon energy. Aids in physical and spiritual protection. Used to consecrate ritual tools and items made of tin. Steep in water to use for the physical cleaning of altar, ritual tools, temple room and ritual bath. Can be made into charms to clear negativity and evil spirits from a home.

Indian Paint Brush- Love

Iris- Purification, Wisdom

Irish Moss- Money, Luck, Protection

Ivy- Used in protection, healing, love and fertility. Hang an ivy plant by the front door to protect from negative influence and to discourage unwanted guests.

Jasmine- Use in charms or burn the flowers to draw wealth and money. Use in dream pillows for restful sleep or burn as an incense in the bedroom to bring prophetic dreams. Helps to bring inspiration and create new ideas.

Jobs Tears- Healing, Wishes, Luck

Joe-Pye Weed- Love, Respect

Juniper Berries- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Useful for protection magick of all kinds. It can be burned or carried to enhance psychic powers. Can be carried as a charm to promote potency in men and/or attract love. Attracts good, healthy energies and love. Attracts positive energy. Aids in digestion, intestinal cramps, diuretic, and eases arthritis. Banishes energies injurious to good health. Burn as an incense for protection from harmful magic. Can be used to banish all things detrimental to good health. 

Kava-Kave- Visions, Protection, Luck

Knotweed- Binding, Health

Ladys mantle- Love

Ladys slipper- Protection

Larch- Protection, Anti-Theft

Larkspur- Health, Protection

Laurel- Used for protection and love. If worn by a bride it is said to guarantee a long and happy marriage

Lavender- Used for protection, healing, love, sleep, purification, and peace. Great addition to sleep pillows and bath spells.

Leek- Love, Protection, Exorcism

Lemon- Used for cleansing. Squeeze a lemon in water to make a washing mixture to remove negative energy from ritual tools and altar.

Lemon Balm- Use in spells and charms for love, healing and success.

Lemongrass- Repel snakes, Lust, Psychic Powers

Lemon Verbena- Purification, Love

Lettuce- Chastity, Protection, Love, Divination, Sleep

Licorice- Love, Lust, Fidelity

Life Everlasting- Longevity, Health, Healing

Lilac- Used for wisdom and good luck.

Lily- Used in spells/charms/rituals for fertility, renewal, marriage, happiness, and prosperity.

Lily of the Valley- Repels negative energy. Can be used in rituals/spells to stop harassment. Can be used to promote longevity in marriage. *Use with caution - Poisonous*

Lime- Used for protection. Used in magic for purification and to promote peace of mind.

Linden- Protection, Immortality, Luck, Love, Sleep

Liquid Amber- Protection

Liverwort- Protection, Love

Loose Strife- Peace, Protection

Lotus- Used in magic for love and protection.

Lovage- Love

Love Seed- Love, Friendship

Lucky Hand- Employment, Luck, Protection, Money, Travel

Mace- Psychic Powers, Mental Powers

Maguey- Lust

Magnolia- Fidelity

Mahogany, Mountain- Anti-Lightning

Maidenhair- Beauty, Love

Male Fern- Luck, Love

Mallow- Love, Protection, Exorcism

Mandrake Root- Mercury, Fire, Masculine. Protection, love, money, fertility, health. Mandrake intensifies the magick of any spell. To charge mandrake root with your personal power, sleep with it for three nights during the full moon. A hallucinogen when used in tea- it has great power as a visionary herb, empowering your visions and propelling them into manifestation. A whole mandrake root placed in the home will bring protection and prosperity. Carried, it will attract love and courage. Used for protection and exorcising evil. Use in charms and spells to promote prosperity and fertility. *Use with caution - Poisonous*

Maple- Used in magic to bring love and good luck. Use in spells and charms to bring money and/or wealth.

Marigold- Can be used to aid in prophesy, legal matters, love, dreams and business or legal affairs. Fresh marigolds will cleanse and disperse negative energy in a room they are placed in. A yellow dye has also been extracted from the flower of the plant by boiling.

Marjoram- Used for cleansing, purification, and the dispelling of negative energy. Can be used in charms or sleep satchels placed under pillow to bring pleasant dreams.

Marshmallow Root- Used for protection and to enhance psychic powers. It can be burned as incense for protection and to enhance and stimulate psychic abilities. Place some on your altar during ritual to draw in positive spirits.

Master Wort- Strength, Courage, Protection

Mastic- Psychic Powers, Manifestations, Lust

May Apple- Money

Meadow Rue- Divination

Meadowsweet- Love, Divination, Peace, Happiness

Mesquite- Healing

Mimosa- Protection, Love, Prophetic Dreams, Purification

Mint- This herb promotes energy, communication and vitality. It draws in positive spirits when placed on your altar. Place in the home for protection. Do not plant directly into ground. It will overtake your garden/yard. Keep in a pot.

Mistletoe- Used in fertility spells and charms. Can be used as a protection charm from negative energy or curses. Use as a charm for luck while hunting. *Use with caution - Poisonous*

Monkshood- Used in charms to protect from evil. 6nly the flowers are used because the roots give off fumes during the drying process. Good for misdirecting enemies. *Caution – Very Poisonous, do not consume*

Molukka- Protection

Moonwort- Money, Love

Morning Glory Blossoms- Neptune, Water, Masculine. Happiness, peace, visions. Place under your pillow to stop nightmares and induce beneficial psychic dreams. Sacred to the Aztecs. Do not consume, toxic. Used for binding and/or banishing spells and rituals. Can be used to bring people or objects towards you. Use the vine to wrap around a poppet to bind someone. *Caution – Poisonous, do not consume*

Moss- Jupiter, Earth, Masculine. To ensure good luck, especially with money, carry any type of moss removed from a gravestone. Use in prosperity spells, Gnome magick and spells to Mother Earth. Use in "Witch Bottles" for home and business. Place in your bra when a MALE lover is near to attract sexual attention.

Mugwort- Venus, Earth, Feminine. Use in dream pillows for prophetic dreams. Burn with sandalwood or wormwood in scrying rituals. Drink as a tea sweetened with honey before divination. The plain tea can also be used to wash crystal balls and magick mirrors. Leaves of mugwort can be placed around these to aid in scrying. Use in charms that are carried to increase lust & fertility. Can be used in healing charms to cure illness. *Caution - Use in well ventilated room*

Mulberry- Protection, Strength

Mullein- Saturn, Fire, Feminine. Protection and courage. Keeps away demons and nightmares while sleeping, also protects against wild animals. Useful in protection and exorcism spells. Invokes spirits, use on scrying tools to aid divination. This plant is the Original Witch's torch, used to illuminate spells and rites. Useful as an expectorant to clear and heal lungs, stops diarrhea and soothes hemorrhoids. Used in charms that protect from nightmares and negative magic. Use in dream pillows to prevent nightmares. Use in charms to help attract love from the opposite sex. Can be used in place of graveyard dirt in spells.

Mustard- Fertility, Protection, Mental Powers

Myrrh- Feminine herb used to represent the Goddess. Promotes spirituality, meditation, and healing. Will enhance any magical working. Increases the effectiveness of any incense blend it is added to. Often burned with frankincense as a temple incense.

Myrtle- Use in charms to attract love and true friendship.

Nettles- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Carry to remove a curse and send it back, or sprinkle around the house to keep out evil and drive away negative energy or negative spirits. Use in purification baths. Highly nutritious for anemia, skin disorders and allergies, restores health, expectorant, stops bleeding. One of the nine sacred herbs of the Anglo-Saxons. Stuff in a poppet used to turn back a spell on the one who cast it. Used in dispelling of fear and negativity.

Norfolk Island Pine- Protection, anti-hunger

Nutmeg- Jupiter, Fire, Masculine. Luck, money, health. Carry for good luck, and to strengthen clairvoyant powers. Use in money and prosperity spells. Attracts luck. A hallucinogen when made into a tea. *TOXIC in large doses!* Take no more than a pinch! Also used in spells and charms for protection and breaking hexes. Can also be used in a good luck charm.

Oak- Protection, Health, Money, Healing, Potency, Fertility, Luck

Oats- Money

Olive- Healing, Peace, Fertility, Potency, Protection, Lust

Onion- Protection, Exorcism, Healing, Money, Prophetic Dreams, Lust

Orange- Love, Divination, Luck, Money

Orchid- Love

Oregon Grape- Money, Prosperity

Oregano- Used to bring happiness, strength, vitality, and additional energy.

Orris Root (cut)- Venus, Water, Feminine. Love, protection, divination. Use to find and hold love. Roots and leaves hung in the house, and added to the bath are good for personal protection. Used to aid in communication and helps to open dialogs with others. Can be used in herbal baths for personal protection.

Orris Root (powder)- Referred to as 'Love Drawing Powder' in voodoo/hoodoo. Used in spells and charms to bring love, romance and mates. Can be used as an herbal bath to attract love.

Osha Root- Used in charms and spells to protect against negative and/or evil spirits.

Pansy- Can be used in love charms or love magic.

Papaya- Love, Protection

Papyrus- Protection

Parosela- Hunting

Parsley- Love, Protection, Purification

Parsnip- Used in male sex magic.

Patchouli- Used in spells, sachets, baths and mixtures to bring money or love. Can be used in charms or incense to promote fertility. Burn as an incense at your place of business to promote growth of the business.

Pau d'Arco- Pluto, Fire, Masculine. Works best during the waning Moon- can be empowered by drawing down the Moon directly into the herb. The active ingredient is xyloidin, a very potent antibiotic and antiviral. Can relieve arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, eczema, gastritis, psoriasis, pyorrhea, rheumatism, skin and nails, ulcers. Used to treat chronic Candida. Potent tonic and cell regenerator, stimulating natural defenses and revitalizing the body. Also a sedative, an analgesic, and a diuretic.

Passion Flower- Venus, Water, Feminine. Promotes emotional balance, peace, attracts friendship and prosperity. Heightens libido, use in love spells. Calming and soothing, promotes emotional balance, aid in sleep. Use to relieve nerve pain and hysteria. 

Pea- Money, Love

Peach- Love, Exorcism, Longevity, Fertility, Wishes

Pear- Lust, Love

Pecan- Money, Employment

Pennyroyal- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Carry in a green bag to attract money and to aid in business transactions. Burn for protection in meditation and astral travel. Use for ridding negative thoughts against you, carry when dealing with negative vibrations of all kinds. *Caution: stimulates menstruation when consumed, and can induce miscarriage.*

Peony- Used to protect from hexes. Brings good luck, good fortune, and prosperity. Hang in the home or plant near home for protection. Known as a flower that will attract faeries. The flowers & petals have the positive qualities listed, however, the seed is called a 'Jumby Bean' and is used in spells for promoting dissension and strife.

Peppermint- Mercury, Fire, Masculine. Purification, sleep, love, healing, psychic powers. Promotes sleep and visionary dreams. Place in a sleep pillow to ensure restful sleep. Use in healing and purification baths. Burn as a winter incense. Burn as an incense when moving into a new home to clear out sickness and negative energy from previous owners. Very useful for stomach upset and heartburn, nausea, and to ease congestion during colds and flu. Used in spells and incense for healing and purification. 

Pepper Tree- Purification, Healing, Protection

Periwinkle- Love, Lust, Mental Powers, Money, Protection

Persimmon- Changing Sex, Healing, Luck

Plot Weed- Protection

Pimento- Love

Pimpernel- Protection, Health

Pine- Sun, Air, Masculine. For sacred wisdom. Prosperity, fertility, healing. The Pine tree is an evergreen, its old title was "the sweetest of woods". Its needles are a valuable source of vitamin C and can loosen a tight chest. The scent of Pine is useful in the alleviation of guilt. Burn for strength, and to reverse negative energies. 

Pineapple- Luck, Money, Chastity

Pipsissewa- Money, Spirit Calling

Pistachio- Breaking Love Spells

Plantain- Healing, Protection, Strength, Snake Repelling

Plum- Healing

Plumeria- Love

Poke- Courage, Hex Breaking

Pomegranate- Sacred to Aphrodite. Use in rituals to aid in fertility.

Poplar- Money, Flying

Poppy- Used in charms and spells to promote fertility, prosperity, love and abundance.

Poppy Seeds- Used to bring love and luck. A popular ingredient used in food magic. Use in a sleep satchel to bring relief from insomnia.

Potato- Image Magic, Healing

Prickly Ash- Love

Primrose- Used in spells to promote the disclosure of secrets and to reveal the truth. Discourages dishonesty and secrecy.

Purslane- Sleep, Love, Luck, Protection, Happiness

Radish- Protection, Lust

Ragweed- Courage

Ragwort- Protection

Raspberry Leaf- Venus, Water, Feminine. Protection, healing, love. Calming, promotes sleep and visions. Useful during pregnancy and childbirth, eases diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Beneficial to the kidneys.

Rattlesnake Root- Protection, Money

Rhubarb- Protection, Fidelity

Rice- Protection, Rain, Fertility, Money

Rose Buds- Used in magic that bring divine love, close friendships, domestic peace/happiness, and lasting relationships.

Rose Petals- Venus, Water, Feminine. Love, psychic powers, healing, luck, protection. Use in love spells of all kinds. Drink rose tea before bed for prophetic dreams. Domestic peace and happiness, promotes joy of giving. Helps clear away headaches, dizziness, mouth sores and menstrual cramps. Heart and nerve tonic.

Rose Hips- Venus, Water, Feminine. Rose hips are very high in Vitamin C. Rose hips also contain A, B, E, and K, organic acids and pectin, and have a high concentration of iron. The hips are strung like beads and worn to attract love. A woman should eat rose hips during her menstrual period. A woman's lover should gather roses for this purpose. The earliest known gardening was the planting of roses along the most travelled routes of early nomadic humans. Used in healing spells/charms and mixtures. Use in charms to bring good luck. Use in ritual to calls in good spirits.

Rose Geranium- Turns away negativity that comes in the form of gossip or false accusations.

Rosemary- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Protection, love, lust, mental powers, exorcism, purification, healing, sleep, youth. Burn to purify and cleanse. Use in love and lust incenses and potions. Burn as an incense to remove negative energy and purification. Use for healing of all kinds. Can be used in healing poppets for good health. A tea of rosemary causes the mind to be alert. Circulatory, digestive and nerve stimulant. Heals headache, depression, and halitosis. Associated with the Fae. Used in love/lust spells. Can be used in herbal baths for purification.

Rowan- Psychic Powers, Healing, Protection, Power, Success

Rue- Used in magic for healing, health, removal and protection against the evil eye. Use as an aspergillum to dispense salt water for purification of the circle or removing negativity from a place. Burn as an incense or use in poppets to prevent illness or speed recovery. Add to herbal baths to break hexes and curses that have been placed on you.

Rye- Love, Fidelity

Saffron- Used as an aphrodisiac and for magic involving love, healing, happiness, lust and strength. Often used in love magic, healing spells, and weather control. Can hang sachets of saffron in your home to bring good luck.

Sage- Jupiter, Air, Masculine. Immortality, longevity, wisdom, protection, prosperity. Use in healing and money spells. Purifying, use as incense during sacred rituals-walk the smoke to the four corners of the room to repel and rid negative energies and influences. Especially good when moving into a new home. Heals wounds, aids digestion, eases muscle and joint pain, colds and fever. Burn for self-purification and the purification of an area or ritual space. Bundle dry leaves or loose leaves to banish negativity and negative spirits from an area or home. Used in healing charms and incense. Removes negative energy.

Sagebrush- Purification, Exorcism. 

St. John's Wort- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Health, protection, strength, love divination, happiness, exorcism. A Druid sacred herb. Use in protection and exorcism spells and incenses of all kinds. Use the leaves in a necklace to ward off sickness and tension. Use in charms to prevent colds & fevers.  Carry to strengthen your courage and conviction. Burn to banish negative thoughts and energies. Used to protect against all forms of negative magic used against you. Use in charms to protect against evil spirits. Burn to drive away evil/negative spirits. *Caution – Poisonous, do not consume*

Salt Peter- Highly combustible. It is used in charcoal tablets to help ignite them. It is what sparks when they are lit. Used to keep male lovers from straying. Also used for exorcisms and other purification rites.

Sandalwood- Used to clear negativity from a home by sprinkling it around the property. Use as an incense during protection, healing, and exorcism spells. The wood can be used to make healing wands. Used to help align the chakras for better energy flow. It is a good incense to burn during meditation. 

Sarsaparilla- Love, Money

Sassafras- Health, Money

Savory, Summer- Mental Powers

Scotch Broom Leaf- Mars, Air, Masculine. A Druid sacred tree. Use in purification and protection spells and scatter to exorcise evil spirits. Burn to calm the wind. The branches are used to make traditional besoms. The tea can induce psychic powers, and its smoke is a sedative. Use in moderation, can be toxic.

Sea Salt- Saturn, Earth, Masculine. Most kosher salt is sea salt. Represents earth on the altar. Prosperity, protection, purification, consecration of ritual tools. Sprinkle a few grains around your sacred space to clear it of any unpleasant presences. Some ancient rituals call for pouring dry salt into a receptacle of water to symbolize the dissolving of evil. Used for cleansing, purification, grounding, protection magic and ritual. Used with water for asperging, consecration and casting circles. 

Seaweed- Moon, Water, Feminine. Offers protection to those at sea. Summons sea spirits and sea winds. Uses in sachets and spells to increase psychic powers. Scrub floors and doors of business with infusion to attract customers and bring in positive energy. Use in money spells. Fill a small jar with whiskey, add kelp, cap tightly and place in the kitchen window. Ensures a steady flow of money into the household. Helps regulate an underactive thyroid. Relieves the pain of rheumatism and rheumatic joints.

Senna- Love

Sesame- Money. Lust

Shallot- Purification

Skullcap- Used in sleep pillows for relaxation and peaceful sleep. Used in rituals as incense to bind oaths and consecrate vows. Used in baths to cleanse yourself of tensions and stress. Burned to diffuse disharmony and disruptive situations. *WARNING Pregnant women should not use this herb because it can induce a miscarriage.*

Skunk Cabbage- Legal Matters

Shavegrass- Saturn, Earth, Feminine. Also known as Horsetail. Fertility spells. Nutritious, helps the body absorb calcium, may help to strengthen bones, hair and nails. Control excess oil on the skin. Diuretic, helps to relieve urinary disorders. May help blood to clot, reduce fevers, and calm nervous tension. Also can be used in snake charming!

Slippery Elm- Halts Gossip

Sloe- Exorcism, Protection

Snakeroot- Luck Money

Snakeroot, Black- Love, Lust, Money

Snapdragon Flower- Used for protection, exorcism, and purification

Solomon's Seal Root- Used for protection, exorcism and cleansing. Used to drive away evil/negative spirits.

Sorrel Wood- Healing, Health

Southern Wood- Love, Lust, Protection

Spanish Moss- Jupiter, Earth, Masculine. Luck, money, banish poltergeists- To ensure good luck, especially with gambling, carry Spanish moss. Use in "Witch Bottles" for home and business. Place around home, or burn to banish poltergeists.

Spearmint- Used in magic for healing, love and protection while sleeping.

Spider Wort- Love

Spikenard- Love

Squill- Money, Protection, Hex Breaking

Star Anise- Jupiter, Air, Masculine. Protection, purification, youth, psychic powers, luck. Use for protection, meditation and psychic power incenses. Can be used in purification baths. Wards off evil and averts the evil eye. A pillow stuffed with anise seeds will keep away nightmares. The tree is planted by the Japanese around temples and on graves as an herb of consecration and protection. The seeds are burned as incense to increase psychic powers, and are also worn as beads for the same purpose. Sometimes star anise is placed on the altar to give it power; one is placed to each of the four directions. It is also carried as a good luck charm, and the seeds make excellent pendulums. The tree is often grown near Buddhist temples where it is revered. A stimulant and diuretic. Promotes digestion and relieves flatulence.

Stillengia- Psychic Powers

Straw- Luck, Image Magic

Strawberry- Love, Luck

Sugar Cane- Love, Lust

Sulfur (powder)- Used to dispel or prevent a curse on you. It destroys an enemy's power over you.

Sumbul- Love, Luck, Health, Psychic Powers

Sunflower- Fertility, Wishes, Health, Wisdom

Sweetgrass- Calling Spirits

Sweetpea- Friendship, Chastity, Courage, Strength

Tamarind- Love

Tamarisk- Exorcism, Protection

Tansy- Health, Longevity

Tea- Sun, Fire, Masculine. Riches, courage, strength. Use the leaves in money sachets, incenses and spells. A stimulant. Green tea is rich in antioxidants, and other youth enhancing compounds. The leaves can be used in scrying.

Thistle- Strength, Protection, Hex Breaking, Healing

Thistle, Holy- Purification, Hex Breaking

Thistle, Milk- Snake Enraging

Thyme- Health, Healing, Sleep, Psychic Powers,

Love, Purification, Courage

Ti- Protection, Healing

Toadflax- Protection, Hex Breaking

Toadstool- Rain Making

Tobacco Leaf- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Sacred to the Native American Tradition. Tobacco ties- wrap tobacco leaves in pieces of white, red, yellow and black cloth, and hang them around the ceremonial space at the 4 cardinal directions. Smoke to allow communication with spirits. Burn as an incense to purify a space. Spirits appreciate offerings of tobacco.

Thistle Flower- Mars, Fire, Masculine. Represents courageous defense and deep rooted ideals. Protection spells, also used to bring spiritual and financial blessings. Carried in an amulet for joy, energy, vitality, and protection. Can be burned as an incense for protection and also to counteract hexing.

Thyme- Venus, Water, Feminine. Burn for good health and use in healing spells. Bring into the home to attract good health for all occupants.  Burn as purification incense. Burn as an incense or use in charms and hang in the home for banishing and purification of the home. Wear to increase psychic powers. Used in spells and charms to attract loyalty, affection, and the good opinion of others. Use in dream pillows to prevent nightmares and facilitate a night of restful sleep.

Turmeric- Purification

Turnip- Protection, Ending Relationships

Urva Ursa- Psychic Workings

Valerian Root- Venus, Water, Feminine. A muscle relaxant and a tranquilizer. Use for dream magick and sleep protection baths. Add to herbal baths for protection. Keep in the home or grow in the garden to aid in keeping harmony. May be used to purify a ritual space. Useful in consecrating incense burners. Drink tea daily, in moderate doses, during times of purification. Used in spells and charms for love and protection. It can be used to purify sacred space. Used as a substitution for graveyard dirt in spells. 

Vanilla- Venus, Water, Feminine. Love, seduction, mental powers. Use in love sachets, and wear the fragrant oil as an aphrodisiac.

Venus Flytrap- Used for love and protection magic. Having a Venus Flytrap in the home aids in protection of the home.

Vervain- Used in spells and charms for protection, purification, money, healing, and restful sleep. Can be used in prosperity spells. Add to herbal baths for cleansing. All-purpose protection herb for places and people.

Vetivert- Love, Hex Breaking, Luck, Money, Anti-Theft

Violet- Protection, Luck, Love, Lust, Wishes, Peace, Healing

Wahoo- Hex-breaking, Courage, Success

Walnut- Health, Mental Powers, Infertility, Wishes

Wax Plant- Protection

Wheat- Fertility, Money

White Sage- Use for smudging or for purification.

White Willow Bark- Moon, Water, Feminine. Love, divination, protection, healing. Carry and use in spells to attract love. Use the leaves, bark and wood in healing spells. Burn with sandalwood to conjure spirits. Used to guard against negativity and negative spirits. Brings blessings of the moon into one's life. Eases muscle and joint pain, beneficial for arthritis. 

Willow- It is associated with the element of water. Used in magic for protection, divination, inspiration, healing, fertility, love, grief and death. In fact, anything that has to do with the element of water. Can be made into wands that are used for intuition, dreams, visions and inspired writing or images.

Wintergreen- Protection, Healing, Hex Breaking

Winters Bark- Success

Witch Grass- Happiness, Lust, love, Exorcism

Witch Hazel- Protection, Chastity

Wolfs Bane- Protection, Invisibility

Wood Rose- Luck

Woodruff- Victory, Protection, Money

Wormwood- Used in magic and charms to remove anger, inhibit violent acts, and for protection from curses. Use as incense for clairvoyance, enhance divinatory abilities or to summon spirits. Can be used in spells to bring them strife and misfortune. *Caution – Poisonous, do not consume*

Xanthan Gum- Used as an incense bonding agent.

Yarrow Flower- Venus, Water, Feminine. Use to dispel melancholy, negative energy, lingering sorrow, or depression. Carried as a sachet or amulet it repels or rids of negative influences. Aids in divination. Good remedy for colds. Opens the pores and purifies the blood. Said to prevent baldness as a hair wash. Used in magic and ritual for healing, hand-fasting and divination. Used in spells and charms to draws love. Used to banish negativity and promote peaceful relations especially between married couples.

Yellow Evening Primrose- Hunting

Yerba Mate- Fidelity, Love, Lust

Yerba Santa- Beauty, Healing, Psychic Powers, Protection

Yew- Used in breaking curses, raising the dead and protection against evil spirits.

Yohimbe- Love, Lust

Yucca- Used in spells and charms for protection and purification. Used to curses, hexes or illness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 78 22
It seems like just yesterday I was saved. Not knowing what to do next or where I should go. Little by little I had to find my way and put together...
58.6K 2.1K 39
You are the daughter of Richard and Mary Parker. You were born with special abilities...and no one knows how. Your mother said God had Given earth a...
118 21 19
Man and Woman fall in love Man leaves Woman broken hearted. Woman desperately tries to get him back. Both go through stages, trials and agony. Pain...
28 0 11
Hello lovely readers, this book is extremely different from my average books I write on here. I'm currently teaching witches about different things i...