I Loved You ✓ | rewriting

By onemonsoon

❝ Your love for someone can make you loathe yourself ❞ "Why are you late?" I asked him. He dropped his coat o... More

INTRO
TEASER
1. I love him
2. I know
3. Anniversary
4. Surprise
5. Cheater
6. Pictures
7. Regret
8. Movie date
9. Cats & Dogs
10. Helpless
11. Son
12. Detective
13. Difference
14. I love her
15. Rehearse
16. HER
17. Preparation
18. Waiting
19. I loved you
20. Heartbeat
21. Leave
22. Broken
INTERLUDE
23. Memories
24. Resign
25. Back
26. Flashback
27. Crazy
28. Surprise?
29. Pain
30. Better
31. Single
32. Sketch
33. Untold
34. Police
35. Suspect
author's note

PROLOGUE

239K 8.8K 15.1K
By onemonsoon

PROLOGUE:
I WAS WRONG

- Jihee -

Being a barista, my job was to serve the customers. It sometimes came off boring as making coffee and attending them had become my everyday routine. Thank God, someone always had been there to entertain me at the times like this. Jungsik, my best friend and also the owner of the coffee shop.

My shift was over for today and it was time for me to go back home right when I thought of calling my boyfriend. I dialed his number and waited for him to respond but he didn't.

I decided to visit his office, which was near here so that we could go back home together. We lived together in an apartment in the few blocks away from here.

The sky up there was already dark when I arrived at the office building. I proceeded straight to his office but the door was locked. I looked around and spotted receptionist. "Where is Jimin?" I asked the one who was struggling to hold the huge bundle of files.

"Can you assist me?" she asked me nervously. I took half of the files from the bundle and followed her to the reception. "Thank you, " She bowed at me and began to arrange the files.

"Jimin sir just left-" but she got cut off by my sneeze. I wiped my nose with a tissue and looked at her with an apologetic look. "Sorry," I apologized with a thin smile.

"Maybe he is in the parking lot," she stated. "Thank you," I thanked her and walked to the parking lot. There I eventually spotted his car and walked towards it, but the next thing I saw broke my heart into pieces and my eyes started filling with tears.

I saw Jimin making out with a girl inside the car. I stood there frozen. My mind couldn't process the sight in front of me. Tears started rolling down my eyes.

The moment his hands trained down he back and unhooked her bra, I instantly looked away. No wonder why I was scared to be spotted there even though the one who did wrong was him, and ran away from that place.

Eyes full of tears, I walked through the dark alleyway and finally arrived at our place. I pushed the elevator button and got it. Biting my lips, I attempted not to cry as other people entered.

I walked to our room and dropped myself on the bed.

The pillow started to get wet because of my weeping as the image of him making out with that girl replayed in front of my eyes. Tears began to roll down my cheeks, overlapping the dry ones. A lot of questions invaded my head and they kept asking me why would he do that.

Jimin and Jungsik were the only persons I had after my parents died a year ago in an accident.

I was never certain if he loved me back or not, and he always used to say he likes me even though he had never admitted about loving me. But the way he treated me made me believe that he loved me, but today he proved me wrong.

Soon enough, my eyes became heavy since I was really tired after working in the coffee shop and slowly drifted off to sleep.

...

My nose was stuffy and the head ached badly as I woke up by someone tapping my left cheek. "Jihee, " a voice called my name. I slowly opened my eyes, only to find Jimin with a worried face.

His hands made a cup over my cheeks and face leaned closer to mine. "Are you okay?" he asked, caressing my cheek with his thumb and sat beside me. I simply nodded my head.

"Did you cry?"

"No."

Not a single word escaped my mouth after that. His expression made it clear that he wasn't satisfied with my answer. "Why are your eyes and nose red?" he asked, knitting his eyebrows together. "It's because of the cold," I lied, but he was still worried.

"Wait, I'll go and buy medicines for you," he was about to leave when I stopped him by grabbing his hand, having him pass a confused look.

"I'm o-okay," I said in a cracked voice.

"But-"

"Please don't leave, " I requested to find myself in his arms in next moment. I buried my face against his chest, feeling his warmth.

The scent he had was different today, but I still hugged him tightly. Soon, the warmth feeling was gone when he broke the hug and I held his sweater paws, asking him not to leave. "I'll boil water for you. You will feel better," he walked out of the room.

I already felt lonely as I hugged my knees and stared at my feet blankly.

The door opened in a short while, followed by the sound of footsteps, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. He walked in with a tray with two bowls and glass, placed them on the side table and arranged a small table in front before putting the bowl of water there.

"Breath slowly through your nose, " he instructed and I did as he said.

My stuffy nose loosened up and I felt a lot better than before. "Drink this, " he handed me the glass of warm water. "And also this, " and placed the bowl of soup in front of me.

I sighed.

I drank the warm water and noticed him grab a spoon, taking some soup in it and gave a light blow.

"Aaah." He lifted the spoon.

The moment he brought the spoon near my mouth, my eyes got teary again. Tears left my eyes and rolled down my cheeks in no time. The table was removed immediately and I got pulled into a hug again.

"Don't worry, you'll get better soon, " he caressed my cheek with one hand, tapping my back with another one.

"Finish this first, " he brought the spoon near my mouth, once again. I opened my mouth and swallowed it. It continued until the bowl was empty.

After that, he carried the tray and walked out of the room. He walked back within a few minutes and grabbed the towel. "You rest, okay? I'll take a quick shower, " with that said, he went to the bathroom.

I moved around to the other side of the bed and closed my eyes, trying to sleep. But I couldn't sleep because of the same thing appearing in front of my eyes over again.

The bathroom door opened, and I just stayed in the same posture with my eyes closed. His footsteps got louder and nearer as he slightly pushed me to the side and covered our bodies with the blanket. The lights were turned off and he hugged me, making my face buried against his chest.

"Jimin," I called his name and looked up at his face which was slightly visible with the help of dim light, and he hummed in response. I thought of talking to him about what I saw in his office.

"Did you eat?" I asked, unable to speak about earlier. He again hummed in response and pulled me closer, my face hit lightly against his chest.

Now his scent was different from earlier and his original scent was back. The one which I loved. I finally decided not to talk to him about earlier since I didn't want to lose him.

"I love you, Jimin." I buried my face against his chest.

"I know" he replied.

I smiled at his reply since I never expected him to say what I wanted to hear.

I am happy.

Am I happy?

••••••••••

"Fall in love but never lose yourself"

••••••••••

▪ ▪ ▪

Here goes the prologue. Please do comment down your thoughts about this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment, they motivate me a lot.

Rereaders, please do not leave spoilers in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 19.2K 58
❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precisely, two ex-lovers, meet again after thei...
3.5M 201K 65
His finger traces my skin, his coffee brown eyes staring deep into mine as I feel chills run down my spine. "Taehyung." I call out his name, close to...
122K 6.5K 30
❝Who are you?❞ ❝I'm the guy who knocked you out and fled the country.❞ ▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣ Working part-time to earn money as a full time university s...
168K 5K 56
Love is painful in two ways. It hurts to let go. It hurts to leave. ☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎ Each time I caught him staring at me, he would just smile a...