The Boyfriend Games (slowly e...

By PurplePillow

Every year, the girls assemble in the music room. The boys don't have a clue about what happens in there. But... More

Chapter 1 ✔
Chapter 2 ✔
Chapter 3 ✔
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 ✓
Chapter 14 ✓
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 √
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
One Shot Competition!
One Shot Competition Results

Chapter 9

135K 1.4K 186
By PurplePillow

Chapter 9

"Hey Massie," I walked over towards the both of them, smiling sweetly, "What are you doing with my best friend?" Then, I gave her a soft push with my knee, and she fell off her seat.

"You ruined my outfit, freak!" She squeaked at me and I rolled my eyes. Trust her to get annoyed with her dress when her butt must've hurt like hell. Talk about priorities.

"Please, your outfit looks like you cut out holes in a rubbish bag and put it on," I snorted. Actually, her dress was quite nice - it was a light pink sheer top and she'd worn it with a long and white high-low skirt and a thick brown belt.

"I've decided to date her, Em," Darren said matter-of-factly, smiling at her. There was something about his smile that was different. It wasn't genuine at all. "I hope we can work this out."

"If you date her, I'm not gonna be your friend anymore!" I warned him furiously. Childish, I know. I noticed his left eye spasming or something. He was like blinking, but with one eye. And very quickly. Then, I realised - He was winking at me! Oh. He was mouthing something. That was when I realized that he was faking it.

I smiled to myself. This must've been part of Darren's plan, but I didn't get how it could help me. I continued with my brilliant act, and gave him a tight slap across the face. He winced and I instantly regretted it. I guessed I slapped too hard. I mouthed a quick "sorry" at him, and stormed away to the school garden to meet him, hoping he got the message.

When I got there, I was surprised that it was empty. After seven minutes of waiting not-so-patiently, I gave up and stalked towards the carpark. I was already late for class, and I didn't want detention. I was going to skip for today.

I was nearing my car, when someone grabbed my arm and caused me to skid to a stop. "Piss off," I snapped without checking who it was.

"I wouldn't say that, if I were you." That annoying voice caused me to turn to face him. His face had an amused smirk on it.

"Oh. It's you. Okay, now piss off," I tried to keep my cool, but my voice was getting squeaky.

"Trying to skip? Want a ride?" Blake asked seriously, and I spent a split second thinking of the pros and cons. Getting a ride from Blake meant that I didn't have to walk home, but the con was that I had to sit in the car with this annoying piece of poop.

I nodded my head and agreed, "Sure, let's go."

"Oh my god. Why do you drive so freaking slow?" I complained as Blake finally turned into the carpark of the local mall. We had been in the car for fourty minutes already, and I was getting annoyed. I just wanted ice cream.

"Driving fast is harmful. You know an aeroplane is safer than a car?" Blake launched into a long and boring explanation about god-knows-what.

"Shut up, let's get our ice cream." I cut him short. We walked into Ben & Jerry's ice cream parlour, and I walked to the person working there.

"Choco fudge brownie. Three scoops. He's paying," I smiled at him, and he gave me a flirty wink. Blake scowled and took out his wallet that was filled with ten-dollar notes. He was rich.

"I want three scoops of Phish Food" He told the dude behind the counter and then he paid. I took a lick of ice cream; it was so good! Then, I realised that it would take really long to go back if Blake drove. And, I really wanted to go home as soon as possible.

"I'm driving," I announced to him, grinning when I saw his face spasming from horror or anger or surprise.

"Hell no," He firmly stated, but I had already walked away. With his car-keys.

"Okay, let's go!" I said over-excitedly when I was seated in the driver's seat. Blake rolled his eyes from the passenger seat. He was hugging some random pillow.

"Why are you hugging the pillow?" I asked, genuinely curious. He glared at me. "It has calming herbs inside. With you driving, I might just go into cardiac arrest." I couldn't help but let out a bark of laughter. Blake Richards, big, bad, brave player, scared of driving too fast? Haha.

*

"Shit! Slow down! You know you're on two lanes right! Miss! How did you pass your driving test?!" Blake yelled, and took a big whiff of his 'calming' pillow.

"Come on, I'm going only at eighty," I rolled my eyes at him. What a big baby.

"The speed limit's forty-five woman!" He yelled at me, and buried his face into that pillow. Ugh, I was starting to get annoyed at the pillow. I had initially thought it was some cruel joke, but it annoyed me that he was a so scared of my driving.

"Fine." I slowed down to sixty, "Is this alright, sir?" I asked rudely, and he groaned.

"I give up. I want a white coffin for my funeral." I snickered at him. White? Wasn't that a teensy little bit too.. Girly? It was too girly for a macho guy like Blake Richards. Actually... Now that I saw this side of him, I wasn't sure if he was a guy or a girl anymore.

*

When I finally stopped the car, in a terrible car-spot, Blake pushed the door open with force and fell onto his knees at the grass. "Sweet earth! I missed you!" He kissed the ground, and I shot him a weird look.

"My driving isn't that bad" I muttered to myself.

He gave me a sympathetic look. "Aww, the poor, deluded girl is trying to console herself."

I ignored his comment and scanned the area. I didn't know where I was. The land in front of me was just lush green grass and some tiny dandelions drifting around. It was beautiful and peaceful. I hadn't had peace for a really long time.

Blake must've seen the confused, yet relaxed face on my face and guessed what I was thinking.  

"So, do you wanna chill in this place?" He pointed to a dry, grassy spot, and I nodded my head. We raced there and I sat on the grass, patting the ground for Blake to join me. We both lay down and stared at the clouds.

"You know, I think I know why you're suddenly communicating with me," He broke the silence, and sat up, telling me.

"What do you mean?"

"You've never actually talked to me before, and I've never really seen you around. And, boom, you're like talking to me," He explained incoherently.

"Why do you think I'm talking to you then," I hoped that it wasn't because someone let out the secret about the Boyfriend Games. That would be plain terrible.

"You just want to get in my pants," His answer came quickly, and I sat up erect, horrified by his theory.

"You know, not all girls are sluts," I replied swiftly, my eyes already narrowed at him.

"Believe me, they all are. Even you. Look - all the girls want me, and since you do, I'm not gonna say no," He looked at my pityingly. Ouch, that was a big ouch to my ego.

"Seriously, I think you need to think things through properly, you asshole," I got up, my eyes trained on him like a sniper, "I'll walk myself home. It's better than sitting in a stupid car with a stupid manwhore."

I began walking before he could even reply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 195 25
"Hey, aren't you the guy who sells T-shirts by the Academy?" Katie asks me. "Yeah ... I-I though you'd never know." I say. She's never noticed me bef...
314 70 51
Lucas and Alex, two college students, were instantly drawn to each other when they first met. Lucas confessed his feelings for Alex, and to his delig...
98.2K 1.3K 26
"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying.." he chuckles and stares at my twiddli...
7.1K 118 34
Bayleigh Tate Thought she had Senior year mapped out to the last detail. Her life couldn't be more perfect if she wanted it to. Perfect popular frien...