Idyllic - Glenn Rhee

By ariesrhee

Idyllic (adjective) like an idyll; extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque. ●#1 in stevenyeun - 09/05/2018●... More

•Idyllic•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Six•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Three•
•Twenty Four•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Sequel•
NEW BOOK

•Nineteen•

1K 20 0
By ariesrhee

We ran out of the building into the streets of what seemed to be a small town. Rick, Daryl, Oscar and some woman I'd never seen before had come to rescue us.

We ran into a small building, Glenn immediately collapsing to the ground and leaning against a small cabinet. I sat next to him, examining his damaged body trying to see if there was anything I could do to take the pain away.

"Rick how the hell did you find us?" I questioned still in complete shock.

"How bad you hurt?" He asked Glenn, ignoring my previous question.

"I'll be alright." He said holding onto my hand.

"Where's that woman?" I asked noticing she had disappeared.

"Uh, she was right behind us." Rick said walking over to the window to see if it was safe.

"Maybe she was spotted?" Oscar suggested.

"Want me to go look for her?" Daryl offered.

"No, get them out of here. She's on her own." Rick replies, gesturing to myself and Glenn.

"Daryl, this was Merle. He did this" Glenn pointed out.

"You saw him?" Daryl asked, shock apparent on his usually emotionless face.

"Face to face. He threw a walker at me, he was gonna execute us!" Glenn exclaimed as Oscar passed me a hoodie and I carefully placed it over Glenn.

"So my brother's this Governor?" Daryl asked in confusion.

"No he's somebody else. Your brother's his lieutenant or something." I clarified.

"Does he know I'm still with ya?" Daryl questioned, desperate to find out more about his brother.

"He does now. Rick I'm sorry we told him where the prison was, we couldn't hold out." Glenn announced as Rick crouched in front of us.

"It was me, I'm sorry I-I didn't-"

"Don't, no need to apologise." Rick said cutting me off and patting my shoulder.

"Okay we need to go now, they're gonna be looking for us." I announced.

"Yeah can you walk? We got a car few miles down" Rick asked Glenn.

"Yeah, sure." He nodded as we helped him stand.

"Hey! If Merle's around I gotta see him." Daryl said making his way to the door.

"Not now." Rick said stopping him.

"H-he's my brother ma-"

"Not now Daryl, we gotta go."

"Listen, I could talk to him work something out." Daryl offered.

"No, no. You're not thinking straight. Look no matter what they say, they are hurt. Glenn can barely walk... We need you or we won't get out of here." Rick whispered harshly. "Are you with me?" He questioned.

"Yeah." Daryl said nodding his head.

***

We threw a couple smoke bombs onto the streets before running out so we would have more cover. I was running down the street when I realised I had lost everyone and I couldn't see the exit.

I crouched down behind a trash can and raised my gun ready to fire at anyone who got too close. I saw a figure walking down the street and raised my gun to shoot but as they grew closer I swear I recognised them. The woman had long curly blonde hair, she was wearing a blue button up shirt, with a pistol in her hand ready to shoot.

"No, it cant be." I whispered to myself as I stood up trying to get a better look.

"Andre-" I went to call her name but someone grabbed me and started dragging me down the street.

"Rick, Rick let go! she's here I saw her!" I shouted pushing him off me.

"What? Who?" He questioned giving me that famous side eye.

"Andrea!" I replied sharply.

"Listen, hey, hey. It's not her... It's not." Rick said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I-I swea-"

"Anna! We gotta go or we will die." Rick exclaimed.

I quickly nodded and I ran over to Oscar who gave me a boost up over the wall, gun fire still ringing out over the town.

I quickly turned to help Oscar over but as I turned back a bullet went through his chest and he fell to the ground. Rick, Glenn and I ran out of the town and took cover behind a small car.

"Where the hell-" I was cut off by a twig snapping behind us. I turned to see that woman from early walking towards us, blood dripping from her nose.

Rick walked over to her raising his gun "Where the hell where you? Put your hands up, turn around!" He demanded, taking her sword from her.

"Back off Rick, she helped us." I spoke up, pissed that he was pointing a gun in the face of someone who just saved my life.

"Where are the rest of your people?" The woman questioned looking around.

"Daryl's missing, you didn't see him?" I asked as she shook her head no.

"If anything happens to him I will-"

"Look I got you here to save them." She quickly cut off Rick.

"Thanks for the help." He replied, almost sarcastically.

"Yeah, you're gonna need my help. Whether it's getting them back to the prison or going in there and getting Daryl. Either way you need me." She spoke, with pleading eyes.

***

Rick and I went to rescue Daryl while the woman who's name I learned is Michonne volunteered to get Glenn back to the car safely.

We carefully sneaked back over the walls and went towards the back of the town where we could hear yelling. As we approached we could see Daryl and Merle fighting in what seemed to be an arena.

"Don't come out from cover, we throw these, I grab Daryl, you cover me from here." Rick ordered gesturing to the smoke bombs.

I simply nodded. Rick threw the first one and chaos broke loose. People began to scream and run as others started shooting their guns, I covered Rick as I shot a couple people but soon enough we were running back towards the exit. We began to make our way to the cars and I was not happy about Merle joining us, no way in hell was I allowing him to come back to the prison with us and I was sure that Glenn wouldn't be happy either.

We were walking through the woods and as the car came into sight Rick called out to Glenn, causing him to run over.

"Now we might have a problem here." Rick announced as Merle came into Glenn's view.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Glenn shouted, raising his gun.

"He tried to kill me!" Michonne exclaimed as she raised her sword.

Merle backed away raising his hands. "Woah, woah, woah."

Everyone began shouting at each other I couldn't even keep track of what was being said, Merle was running his damn mouth, Daryl was shouting at Glenn, Rick was trying to calm the situation while I of course was right by Glenn's side with my gun raised at Merle.

"Hell brother you've gone native." Merle spoke to his brother.

"No more than you hanging out with that psycho back there!" Daryl shouted swinging his arms in the air.

"Oh yeah I gotta tell ya, he is a charmer. Been doing the nasty with your girlfriend Andrea baby mmhmm." Merle said to Michonne before making eye contact with me.

"What?" I questioned in disbelief stepping forward. "I told you! I told you I saw her!" I pointed to Rick.

"Andrea's in Woodburry?" Glenn asked in shock.

"Right next to the Governor." Daryl replied.

"W-we h-have to go back, I need to get her." I said tears streaming down my face. I wasn't sure if I was crying from happiness or because I felt betrayal. How could she be with someone like that? Someone so sick and twisted.

"You know Andrea?" Rick asked turning to Michonne. "Hey, do you know Andrea?" He repeated harshly.

"Yup she does. They two spent all winter cuddling up in the forest mmm mmm mmm. Yeah my Nubian Queen here had two pet walkers. No arms, no jaws, kept them in chains. Kinda ironic now that I think about it." Merle laughed.

"Hey, shut up!" Daryl demanded.

"Listen, we saved Andrea she was close to dying." Merle stated.

"There's no way she's with him!" I protested thinking about the sick way he treated me earlier.

"Mmhmm, snug as two lil bugs." He replied.

Merle began mouthing off again causing a very frustrated Rick to smack him with his gun, knocking him out.

"Thank God." I breathed in relief, glad I didn't have to listen to his voice.

***

Daryl, Rick, Glenn and I were gathered round discussing what we were going to do about the Merle situation.

"It won't work." I stated.

"It's gotta," Daryl replied.

"It won't. He'll stir things up." Rick protested, agreeing with me.

"He held a gun to our heads! Do you really want him sleeping in the same cell block as carol, beth-"

"He ain't no rapist!" Daryl cut off Glenn.

"Yeah well his buddy is." Glenn replied causing me to immediately glare at him.

"So you're just gonna cut Merle loose and bring the last samurai home?" Daryl questioned pointing towards Michonne.

"She's not coming with us." Rick stated.

"She helped save us. I'm at least gonna stitch her up." I argued refusing to just leave someone out here who saved my life.

"Merle is blood!" Daryl exclaimed.

"No! Merle is your blood. My blood, my family is standing here and back at the prison." Glenn objected.

"And you're part of that family. But Merle... He's not." Rick said giving Daryl an apologetic look.

Daryl eventually decided to leave, stating that without Merle there would be no him. We tried to convince him but it was useless.

We were about to get back in the car and head back to the prison when Glenn blurted out,

"You didn't kill him."

"That's not why we went back" Rick replied with a small shrug.

"Yeah we went back for Daryl and now he's gone and the Governor is still out there! I should've been there." He frantically replied.

"You were in no condition..." Rick trailed out.

"But my Girlfriend was?" He questioned.

"Glenn, this is not about us." I stated.

"I should have been there!" Glenn said putting emphasis on each word.

"Hey you weren't there because you could barely walk!" Rick argued.

"Do you know what he did to her! Do you know?" Glenn shouted.

"Leave it alone Glenn! lets just get back, come on lets go!" I begged as I made my way to the car.

***

We got back to the prison and I immediately made my way to a different cell, not stopping to talk to anyone. Tears rolled down my face as I thought about the events which had just previously happened. I sank to my knees images of the Governors hands on me replaying in my mind, I felt disgusting as if I hadn't washed in months. I thought about Andrea, she was alive. The thought of this should make me happy but all I could think about was how she was with that man... How could someone sleep at night knowing the person next to them tortured and hurt people. She could't know, there was no way she was apart of all this.

After I gathered my thoughts and got myself stitched and cleaned up, I decided to go help Michonne as I promised I'd stitch her up. I fetched the things I needed and made my way over to her cell.

"Hey." I said walking in, she simply stared back at me. "Can I take a look at you? I can get those wounds treated." I offered giving her a small smile.

She nodded allowing me to go over. I sat beside her and started to clean her wounds.

"So, umm Andrea's my sister." I said trying to create conversation.

"I figured." She replied. "She talked about you all the time. Said you got split up on a farm, group of walkers drove you out."

"Yeah, I-I wanted to go back and look for her but I knew she'd be gone." I said beginning to start her stitches.

"Listen, she doesn't know. She doesn't know what he's really like, what he does. I tried to convince her but... I guess she just needed to feel normal." She stated giving me a soft smile.

I smiled back at her "I need to see her, I have to get her out off there."

"You will, but now isn't the right time. He'll be expecting us." She replied.

I nodded my head as I finished her stitches and made my way back through the cell block. I stopped and looked into mine and Glenn's cell to see Hershel examining him, I quickly kept walking not being able to look at Glenn right now, It broke me seeing him in so much pain.

We all made our way into the common area after being informed that there was new people, Carl had found.

There were two men, a woman and a young guy, maybe about Beth's age. They introduced themselves and asked if they could stay and join the group.

"No." was all Rick said.

"Why not?" I chimed in.

"We cannot risk it, look what happened with the inmates." He replied sending a glare my way.

"Oscar and Axel turned out to be fine." Carol, who had been found when we were away stated.

"And look where Oscar is now!" Rick yelled being a little over dramatic.

"Rick you've got to start giving people a chance..." Hershel said placing his hand on Rick's shoulder.

Rick looked up at the walkway above us and started shouting "No! Why are you here? What do you want? Get out! Get out!" He yelled raising his gun towards nothing.

"Okay we'll go, it's okay!" One of the men from the other group said as they gathered their things and left the prison.

Rick soon stopped yelling and quickly left the room leaving us all deeply confused and concerned.

***

Hope you guys are enjoying!

Remember to vote and comment please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.8K 28
❛ we're young, we'll figure it out together. ❜ the walking dead season two - t...
34.6K 592 18
(n.) the colours or "stars" you see when you rub your eyes. Two star-crossed lovers meet at the end of the world. A girl obsessed with the heavens a...
305 4 6
"𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 . . . 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅." 𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵𝑺 𝑴𝑼𝑳𝑻𝑰𝑷𝑳𝑬 𝑶𝑪𝑺 𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑷𝑺 𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑳𝑼𝑫𝑬𝑫
1.9K 109 7
IN WHICH Theodore Grimes is just trying to survive without any sense of direction. or Where somehow two people fall in love during an apocalypse, som...