Blood Rose

Por ranchchips

War between Nicholai's pack and Bloodrose Dusk pack is brewing, and it's brutal. When the higher alphas of th... Mais

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32

25

2.7K 125 10
Por ranchchips

When I woke up I kept my eyes shut- not wanting to deal with the reality that I wasn't in the Bloodrose Dusk pack. I knew exactly where I was, and the fact didn't want to register in my mind. But I had to eventually face my obstacle to get back home, and to do that I had to wake up.

I sat up from the bed and looked down at my new outfit- cringing at the fact that someone had seen me nearly naked to change me. They put me in a floral skirt and a nice white blouse, shoes waiting for me at the edge of the bed.

This room didn't suit Maven's taste, but then a gain we were in the fae kingdom. Who knew if he had a choice? Or maybe this was a separate room. It was hard to tell.

After putting on the boots they provided I stood and went straight to the door, nobody outside guarding.

I stepped out of the room and moved my hand to pull electricity from the lights and barbecue this hell-hole, but nothing happened. They had my power muted.

I walked around the place and noticed how much it resembled a castle in the movies, and I realized that I was in fact in a palace. The well known fae castle that housed the fae royalty. Maven got me in some deep shit. I was in the belly of the beast.

"Fancy seeing you up and about." I stopped still at his voice and turned around to stare at Maven. "Nice outfit. Got to dress to impress in front of the king and queen and their children."

"What the hell do they want to see me for? I thought all that mattered was that you got me and everyone but the werewolves won."

"They have to make sure you understand a few things first. They're expecting you now."

"Well sorry, should've made an appointment with me first. I have a very tight schedule and right now I'm busy-" He reached out faster than I anticipated and gripped my chin tight, not allowing me to continue with my sarcasm.

"You obey and do as they ask of you because if you don't our lives will pay the price."

"Good, anything to separate me from you."

"I think you're forgetting that Fox will suffer from your death as well as all that cross his path." He smirked when I was silenced. "Do as they say." He pushed me roughly and a fae grabbed my arm, pulling me in a direction as I glared at Maven until I couldn't see him anymore. When we reached double doors he shoved me inside and the guards closed them behind me. I recovered from nearly falling and turned around to face the room, looking at the fae in high chairs. An older man sat in the highest, a female lower followed by a boy and girl that looked around my age. Of course I couldn't help but notice they were all beautiful. It isn't much of a surprise. Royals in every species were.

"Kneel." The king boomed, but I held my stance and scoffed.

"You expect me to praise you all? After everything you've taken from me and my pack?" I sensed the anger rising from the king and annoyance from the queen. "Never."

"You disrespectful little mutt, all of you are." The queen spit in my direction but I didn't flinch or move. I would not back down, not anymore.

"You're a stubborn little pup, aren't you?" The king shifted in his chair and rubbed his stubble. "You need someone that can contain you and put you in your place."

"I'm the Luna of the most powerful pack in the world. I wasn't born to be put in place, I was born to rule. A couple fairies doesn't change a thing."

"It will." The air was pulled out of me and I started choking, clawing at my throat. I felt sympathy coming from the prince and princess, but they didn't do anything to protest the king. "You, Naomi, are nothing but a weak pup right now. You hold no power or strength in my kingdom. Therefore, you are no threat. You are merely a mouse against an elephant-" He released his hold and I could breath. I felt a twinge of electricity and perked at the glitch in their muting system.

"-a puppy against a giant."

"What else am I, mister king."

"You are nothing." That struck a nerve, hitting too close to home. "That stings doesn't it? Maven shares a lot of secrets and weaknesses. Little insecure pup that's been bullied her whole life, cast in the shadows only to be brought out in the light to be hurt. I bet you feel defeated at this point." I looked him in the eye and held my hands at my sides.

"Awh, mister you think too lowly of me." I held my hands up. "That's another mistake." I pulled the electricity from every bulb in this room and pulled it all down, making the king, queen, and princess jump to shield themselves from my bolts. I pulled it around the room, finding every crack I could before the prince stood up. He was hit with bolts, but wasn't affected. He stormed towards me and I pulled my leg up to kick, but he grabbed it and spun me towards him to where he wrapped his arms around me and pinned my hands down, smothering the only window to my power I had left. I growled and threw myself around, but he held me still with ease.

I watched angrily as the other royals got back up and the king looked more infuriated than ever.

"My son Thorn tames you well." I snarled and showed my teeth at him, but he wasn't fazed. He knew this Thorn guy was way stronger than me and I wouldn't be getting out of his hold anytime soon. "He'd be good to keep you in your place. Your power doesn't affect him, and he can smother it with one glance."

"What's your point?" I growled.

"You're in a rush."

"I don't like being around scum for longer than ten minutes. Gives me headaches." I spit at his feet, a sign of massive disrespect that the prince could snap my neck for right this instant.

"So nasty, the term bitch for a female pup doesn't disappoint." I roared, but again it did nothing. "You'll be taught how to behave as though a royal fae would. But first you need some punishment."

"I'm not royal or a fairy."

"Not yet." He teased, causing me to perk in caution. What was he talking about? "Taking you away from your mutt at home isn't enough to shake his core, he grew up stronger than that and we both know it." I didn't like where this was going. "You're going to be our own little pet and Thorn will be your master."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard him, mutt." The queen hissed at me.

"Thorn, I believe our pet needs a little training lesson. Maybe take her to lessons and show her who her master is?" I wiggled my shoulders when Thorn agreed and started to drag me out of the throne room and the only sound in the room was my frantic kicks and protests.

"Eat this." A plate was put on the cool stone floor in front of me, the clash of the metal catching my attention. I looked up, my hair falling from the braid it was held in previously. My eyes were hard and cold but I don't think it made a difference to the guard.

I could feel a drop of blood roll down my back and the skin on my cheek stung. My fingers ached from being smashed into the wall, but I reached out anyway and grabbed the makeshift metal plate closer.

Without hesitating I gulped down the water and consumed every crumb from the plate, knowing it was in every way possible I couldn't get these things later as a punishment or cruel joke. I tried not to think about the fact that something in it didn't taste right.

"Get up, that's enough." The guard grabbed me by my bare forearm and lifted me up, throwing a new shirt at me to catch. I quickly put it over my head, feeling more coverage instantly. I wasn't exactly comfortable in just my bra and the skirt did little coverage as well.

"Follow." I stepped towards him and obediently, much to my dismay, and walked matching his long strides out of the cellars. As we passed racks of weapons I shivered and rubbed my arm subconsciously.

By the time we got to the dining hall I realized what was going to happen. The place was grand and big, the ceilings high with gold accents and patterns on the ceiling to the walls. There were many people already around the table standing, waiting for the last royal to be seated. Thorn walked past the guard and me to take the last seat and they all sat in their royal chairs after the king had.

"Thank you for all coming to this feast tonight in celebration on my success with weakening the Bloodrose Dusk pack."

"You're going to serve their royal highness's along with the other castle slaves. Do not speak unless spoken to and do not make them angry." The guard murmured to me, quickly shoving a large platter of multiple plates in my hands. I tried another desperate shot at mind linking Fox, but failed. I was stuck with this job then.

People raised their glasses and each took a few sips, the guard nudging me out to follow the other slave's actions. Everyone randomly set plates in front of different people so I followed suit, knowing better than to challenge a room full of royal fae. By the time everyone was served the slaves moved to the very back of the room and stood with their backs arched so I did the same. My back ached and burned like a fire when I tried to sand straight so instead I hunched it. I cringed when I felt a dribble of blood roll down my back at my attempt.

"You may now feast." Silver was clinked and I allowed my eyes to fall down to the duck in front of everyone, decorated with lettuce and spices. I gagged in the back of my throat, noticing that the beaks were still attached.

"A new slave I see." A lady I had not seen before spoke, her eyes burning right through me with a curious gaze. Some of the other members at the table turned and found where her eyes rested and nodded as if confirming they saw me too.

"A reward from the Bloodrose Dusk pack of mutts. A prize possession, too. The Luna." The queen spoke as if she were bragging about a trophy. I clenched my jaw and fists, my nails digging into my skin. It was taking a lot to control myself considering my wolf was out of touch. I wasn't the same without her. My body and my emotions were suffering her loss of presence.

"I knew she wasn't like the others." A man quipped his opinion and he kept his eyes locked to mine, a small eerie smirk playing onto his old chapped lips. "She's a beaut." I bit my tongue until I tasted blood. "A real prize that is. Has the prince enjoyed a little try at her?"

"No," Thorn spoke out as if the older man's hanging question was offensive. "I do not want her."

"Would you mind she be sent to my chambers tonight then?" The king cleared his throat loudly at that comment and I squirmed in my own skin at the old man's plead.

"She's a special prize, you see," I could feel the eyes of the other slaves around me. "and no one else is to touch her unless I permit you access. Other slaves are open until further notice and this known Luna can be on the market as well."

Everyone was silent and my stomach felt like a rock. I felt nauseous and I couldn't think properly. It was like fog was clogging all the passageways and I couldn't do anything properly.

I wasn't an idiot. I knew exactly what they were implying. I've already been raped once.

But that didn't make me any less fearful.

I was shaken awake and I sat up with a jolt, my eyes wide and my heart beating rapidly in awareness. It was a guard hovering above me, looking rather bored with the werewolf in front of him. I wasn't a threat around here and I understood how low my status was. Being Luna meant nothing here.

He grabbed me by the shoulder roughly and forced me to stand, shoving me in the direction of the barred door that was open- enough of a shove to make me nearly trip in fall. Luckily though, I saved myself the damage.

He held his hand on my shoulder and led me out of the cellars to the halls of the castle. He weaved us through different directions and I became lost. I would have trouble finding escape routes around here.

The guard finally stopped me and let go of my shoulder, opening the door in front of us. He stood out of the way and motioned for me to go inside so I hesitantly stepped forward into the dark room.

Immediately I was tackled to the floor with a hard thud, and before I knew it the door shut and someone was trapping me under them in a straddle. I was about to scream until they put a hand over my mouth and leaned down with a wide grin, their face unidentifiable.

"You think you can just slither your way into the palace with your fierce beauty and charm my husband into wanting a go at you, huh?" The queen's voice hissed at me and I shook my head fiercely out of desperation. She thought I wanted him to do whatever he pleased with me? "No matter what you do you'll be a beautiful threat to my marriage." She hummed, thinking as her eyes ran all over my fearful face. But as the seconds passed and the more the queen thought I realized I wasn't so scared.

Sure getting hurt actually hurt, but what else was there to be scared of other than the actual pain? I've experienced a lot of it already and the more and more I received some the more dull it seemed to hit me.

And sometimes I wanted to be hit. Sometimes I enjoyed the pain. Not only for self-punishment.

But because it was a reminder that I was alive. That I could actually feel something. That all those words I've taken from people were only heard. It felt good to be reminded I was actually living and not blurring through everyday life.

And I may sound crazy. But it was true. I enjoyed pain.

"Maybe you aren't so pretty when you're roughed up, eh?" I felt her nail trail my cheek until it dug into my skin and I cringed in the slight sting it left behind. "You won't be appealing to anyone with a whole lot of scars." The queen giggled at that thought before she removed her hand from my mouth and quickly slammed her fist into my jaw.

I yelped from the sudden hit and it seemed to feed her advances. She threw a few more punches, harder and rougher each time. When she grew bored with that she let her nails claw into my flesh and let trickles of blood drip down my face.

"What is wrong with you?" The queen slapped me and I giggled slightly, the sting causing an eruption of pain to flash across my face again. She stood and grabbed me by the arm before throwing me into the closest wall and pinning me against it, her angry expression only deepening as I continued to lightly giggle. "Why are you laughing?" Out of frustration she grabbed me by the shoulders and slammed my body multiple times into the concrete wall, my body doing nothing to fight her back like she wanted. "You should not be giggling when I am hurting you, child!"

The queen kneed my ribs a couple times and knocked the air out of me twice, but each time my laughter progressed and before I knew it I was cackling louder than I have in awhile.

She let out a frustrated scream before she grabbed a vase from a nearby table and smashed it across my face, a glass shard slicing my lip. Blood dribbled down and I laughed once, the giggles stopping when the queen quit and glared at me with a clenched jaw. Her face morphed into one of confusion, and then I saw a trace of discomforting fear.

"Are you scared?" I hoarsed out, my voice rough as I allowed myself a small smile. The queen gripped onto the remainders of the glass vase tight as she looked me up and down once.

"Scared?" She scoffed. "Of you? A child?"

"No," I kept my eyes locked with hers, the coal blackness of them softening into the innocence of fear that she still seemed to have. "Of a psychopath." Her eyebrows furrowed and her glare fell. She took a single step back but kept her eyes locked with mine, and so I took a step forward with a stiff frame. "You forget, queen, that I'm not just a werewolf." Her eye twitched and we continued our slow and single steps. "You forget that I accept pain and take it as something to remind me I'm still breathing." She let the vase fall and shatter on the floor beneath us. "You forget that I may be a rose in a garden of beauty, but I lack no less thorns than you."

And with that, the queen scurried to the door in the dark room and ran out of the room.

•••

hello peeps

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

356K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
10.1M 349K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
3.1M 75.1K 26
London was from a pack that was killed by an enemy pack. She was only seventeen when it happened. She was the only one to escape except for a small b...
10.9K 186 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...