9 + 1= Chaos

By Grace491

After a tragic accident killing both his parents, Jericho, a nerdy English boy, has to go live with family fr... More

9 + 1= Chaos
Chapter 2- Meeting Time
Chapter 3 - Delgado Style
Chapter 4 - Snowball Fights
Chapter 5 - Lighten Up
Chapter 7 - School
Chapter 8- Secrets
Chapter 9 - The fight
Chapter 10 - Double Dose of England - PREVIEW

Chapter 6- I miss my parents

492 12 3
By Grace491

Sorry for the late update, life's been hectic. Grace has the next chapter, so I'm sure it will be up soon ;).

P.S. Comment, Vote, and Fan (we like that)

P.S.S. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Chapter 6

    After I hung up the phone we all started dying. We laughed for about five minutes and then we would stop look at each and start laughing again. We were laughing so hard that we didn’t hear Carmen walk in.

“SHUT UP!” Carmen screamed

We all stopped laughing and sat back up. Carmen looked murderous.

“Uh, Oh” Lia whispered behind me

“You guys, better be glad that Mami and Papi are not here including you ‘Stephanie’” She seethed at us. She gave me a pointed look when she said Stephanie.

“Now, Mike is going to be coming in a bit, and unless you want Mami and Papi to find out about this you guys will clean and make some snacks.” she commanded.

“Uh little girl, you still owe me for the time, I caught you sneaking out and didn’t tell on you. So, no, I will not do anything” Dia said to her.

“Agreed, I will not do anything you asked. You still owe me for the time I took the blame for when you put colored clothes in with the whites” Kassandra also said

“Fine! You guys don’t have to, but, everyone else except for Essie has to do what I just said Capiche.”Carmen said angrily

Enoch raised his hand

Carmen turned and gave Enoch an exasperated look. “Yes, Enoch that includes you too. You practically live here. So you have to help out too.”

Enoch slowly put his arm back down.

“Now I am going to go upstairs to get ready. By the time I come back down you guys better be finished”

Carmen than stomped upstairs leaving us in a little of a daze, and slightly (just slightly) ashamed of ourselves.

“Well you guys have fun, Kassandra and I our going to go down and watch a movie. Adios, mi hermanas, Enoch, y Jericho.” then they turned their backs and walked away.

“What did she just say?” I asked confused.

“She said ‘Bye my sisters, Enoch, and Jericho” Enoch replied. “You’re going to have to take some Spanish classes because there girls love speaking Spanish. I think they’ve been tonin’ it down lately for you”

“Oh” I said stupidly

“Well, I don’t know about you guys but I don’t feel like getting grounded again. So, let’s get to work” Danni reminded us.

“You know I came here to hang out with my girlfriend and now I get stuck cleaning. This sucks!” Enoch complained.

“Well, if you just came here and hung out with Kassandra then left, instead of picking on us then you wouldn’t be in this situation right now” Sadie said to him

“Man, whatever!” Enoch said semi-angrily

We then commenced with the cleaning.

**************************************

The Doorbell rang an hour later.

“Uh Oh, hurry up and get everything back in their places” Lia shouted.

We quickly put all the snacks and did some last minute sweeping and wiping.

The doorbell rang again.

“Coming!” Carmen called from upstairs

She came running downstairs in black skinny jeans, a red dress top with a white sweater over it, and black flat shoes.

She pulled the door open “Hey Mike” she said all dreamy.

Enoch faked gagged as he walked up to her. We all laughed quietly.

“So, Carmen is he the one” Enoch said with fake anger as he put his arm around her shoulders.

“Oh my God, get off me Enoch” Carmen said as she pushed Enoch off of her.

“Who is this loser?” Mike said super angrily

Enoch gasped with one hand on his heart “I’m hurt”

“Shut up Enoch, no body Mike it’s just my sisters stupid boyfriend, Come in” she said as she pulled him in.

Mike walked further in and while Carmen was shutting and locking the door, he decided to look around.  His eyes landed on me and they narrowed.

“Hey babe who’s this nerd?”

“Now wait just one moment…….” I started

“Oh, and he’s British “Mike finished

“Mike this is ‘Stephanie’” Carmen said sarcastically

“Actually, I’m Jericho. I have no idea who Stephanie is. Sounds like a fine fellow though” I said

Mike’s eyes narrowed further, “Watch yourself”

“Mike, let’s go upstairs and chill in my room” Carmen pulled him away

“Only if you watch yourself” I said after them

“Jericho, quit it” Carmen yelled

“OOOOOOOOO” Danni exclaimed.  “Chillin in your room”

“Ughh you guys make me so mad” Carmen shouted once

After they left, I turned to Enoch “Is that dude always a douche?”

“Only to other guys that Carmen hangs out with” Enoch replied

“Dude’s got issues”

“That he does Jericho, that he does” Enoch agreed

“Well, now that their gone, how about we play a board game!” Lia said excitedly

We all agreed and walked down to the game room.

“Hey anyone want anything; I’m going to get a drink”

“Yeah, can you get some snacks and drinks for us too?” Danni asked

“Sure” I replied “Anyone else”

“Can you get me my own can of Coke?” Sadie whispered

Weird I thought to myself “Sure” I whispered back

I went upstairs and grabbed everything from the kitchen. Then I went back down and distributed it to everyone.

Sadie took her can of coke hid it and ran out of the room. We played the games for about an hour and a half, until we heard shouts from outside the room.

“Who gave you the soda, Sadie?”

Muffled sounds

“Seriously Sadie, who was it?

More muffled sounds

Dia busted through the door “Ok, who did it, who gave Sadie soda?”

“I did” I answered hesitantly

“Are you freaking kidding me Jericho?” She stopped abruptly and pressed the of bridge of her nose with two fingers  “I guess, we should have told you this earlier, cause she does this every time. Sadie has ADHD and she can’t have heavily caffeinated drinks. If she does she gets crazy and starts bouncing off the wall”

“OOO sorry, it doesn’t seem like she has ADHD”

“Yeah, it’s because she’s been taking her medicine, but it looks like she didn’t do that today. And it’s okay like I said you didn’t know, but now we have a situation on our hands and Mami and Papi are at work.”

“I’m sure she’ll be fine”

“No, actually if we don’t do anything she’ll be annoyingly hyper and off the walls for about six hours, at the end of which she’ll crash for another six”

“Oh” was all I could say

Sadie poked her head in the room with the coke can in her hands “Hey, you guys” she said slowly and excitedly “Look what I can do” she proceeded to smash the can on her forehead “wasn’t that cool” she said as she laughed loudly.

Dia rolled her eyes “No, it really wasn’t, now give me the coke can”

“No, I’ve got to go show Mike and Carmen first”

“Sadie do not go up there. Sadie!” Dia shouted. But it was too late she was heading upstairs already. Dia left the room and ran after her.

We all sat silent for a few minutes.

“So, I don’t know about you guys but I want to know what’s happening” Enoch said as he got up and left.

A few seconds later we all heard.

“Hey babe, Kassandra! Let’s go upstairs you sisters hyper again and this time it wasn’t my fault”

“Oh God, let’s go”

I’ve been here a week and a half already I’ve caused a bunch of problems. I think that might be a record. I miss my parents.

“Well, I guess we should go upstairs and help stop Sadie” Danni said

Arianna picked Essie, and then we all walked out the door.

When we got up stairs I couldn’t believe the sight in front of me. Sadie was running and jumping on the furniture. Dia was running around trying to stop her. Kassandra and Enoch were closing off the entrances and exits. Carmen was yelling at Sadie trying to get her to focus and stop. And Mike was closing the last exit off with an amused look on his face.

Danni stepped back and took a running start, jumped over the couch and tackled Sadie.

“Sadie, calm down seriously just stop” Danni said calmly to her

Sadie continued to struggle.

“Danni that’s not going to work, we need to get to take her medicine and then let the caffeine run its course”

“How long is that going to take?” Carmen said through her tight lips

“If we give her the medicine, then it should take about 2-3 hours for it to take affect and calm her down. With no meds about six hours”

Well then I thought to myself bring on the meds.

“Guys I can’t hold on to her much longer. Someone help me!” Danni wailed

“Here, I got her” Mike said

Danni stood up and as soon as she did Sadie started to take off screaming “I’m free, I’m free”

“No you’re not” Mike said and grabbed her arms pulled it back behind her handcuff style and put on arm around her waist and pulled her back against him holding her secure. “Got her, what do you guys want to do?”

“Thanks Mike, go ahead and take her to the kitchen. Kassandra come help me give her the meds” Dia said

“Can do, Enoch stay here” Kassandra said as Enoch started to follow

“But babe……” Enoch started

“No buts Enoch. We’ll hang out later I promise” we watched as she got up on her tip toes and kissed him then ran off into the kitchen.

“I really hope they take care of this, because she is seriously annoying when she’s hyper” Enoch said.

“NO, NO, NO, I don’t wanna take my medicine” Sadie screamed from the kitchen

“Sadie calm down you have to” Dia said trying to calm her down

It took them ten minutes to get the medicine in her mouth and another ten minutes to get the medicine down her throat. It was quite the ordeal.

“I hate you guys, you just couldn’t let me have a little bit of fun” Sadie cried

“Sadie, you can have fun without drinking Coke and while taking your medicine” Kassandra said trying to reason with her

“No, you don’t understand whenever I take that medicine I feel like there’s a cloud over my head. I focus more, but I don’t have as much fun”

“You’re right I don’t understand but the medicine helps you more than it harms so at the end of the day, the medicine wins out”

Sadie then ran up to her room crying.

“Humpf, she’ll be fine. I do feel bad for her but we just don’t know how to make her feel better” Dia said with a sigh.

            After the situation with Sadie was all settled everyone went their separate ways. Dia and Kassandra to their movie, Enoch went with them. Cameron and Mike to Carmen’s room. Danni went outside to workout. Arianna left to read, and Lia decided to follow her in doing that. Alejandra decided on playing on her computer in the computer room. In result that just left Essie and I to find something to do.

“Well Essie, what do you want to do?” I asked her as I got down to her level

Instead of answering me she yawned, rubbed her eyes, and stuck her arms out for me to pick her up. Curious as to what this gesture meant I stood up and picked her up. As soon as I did she rested her head into the crook of my neck and closed her eyes and fell asleep.

So that’s what the gesture meant. I looked at the time and was surprised to see that it was two in the afternoon. The morning just flew by and it was definitely past Essie’s nap time. I went upstairs, into Essie’s room and tucked her in for a nap.  When that I was said and done I decided to copy Essie and take a quick nap myself.

Later on in the day………

  “GIRLS, ENOCH, JERICHO, get down here dinner’s ready” Mrs. Delgado yelled.

I woke with a start and looked at the time. Six in the evening, I couldn’t believe that I had slept that long. I hopped out of bed and went to use the bathroom before I headed downstairs for dinner.

We were all sitting around the dinner table waiting for Arianna to show up.

“My goodness where is she, she knows we always eat as a family. Why would she make us wait this long for her” Mr. Delgado said angrily.

Not even a second later we all heard footsteps running down the stairs. A very angry looking Arianna came into the kitchen.

“¿Quién demonios dejó el asiento de servicio arriba?”Arianna screamed in Spanish.

What did she just say?! I thought to myself.

Enoch paled and immediately said “Oh no do not look at me it definitely was not me this time”.

All eyes turned and faced me after Enoch said that, “What, I don’t understand what’s going.”.

“¡Mi Dios! Tiene que ir. Primero me hace me caigo en el servicio y entonces él hace preguntas estúpidas.” She ranted even louder.

Now I was getting mad “Could you shut up and just speak English. I don’t flippin’ understand why you’re mad at me” I yelled.

She stopped yelling at me but the look on her face was the definition of ‘If looks could kill’. I don’t even think she was breathing. She glared at me for what seemed like eternity and the next thing I knew she was coming at me. She was about two feet away from me when Enoch caught her and handed her off to Kassandra.

“Enoch explain to him what’s going on I‘m going to calm her down before she gives herself an asthma attack.”Kassandra said to Enoch as she glared at me also.

“Well there goes dinner” Mr. Delgado said “Honey why don’t we just take our dinner to the theatre room while these kids sort out their issues up here”

“Sounds like a plan to me darling “Mrs. Delgado said. They both then got up and left the dinner table.

“Will somebody please tell me what the bloody hell is going on and why I’m at the middle of it?” I shouted

“You just committed the wrongs of all wrongs. You left the toilet seat up, in a house that is pre-dominantly girls so they are not use to that and Arianna fell in the toilet. That’s what’s going on” Enoch explained

“Are you kidding me?!” I sighed in defeat.

“I did that once and they literally did not talk to me for two weeks including Kassandra and she wasn’t even the one that fell in the toilet. That’s why I have to use the toilet downstairs now” Enoch continued.

“Ugh” I sighed out loud. It’s times like these that I really miss my parents.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 21.9K 64
#1 in Distance #1 in Girlfriend #1 in Living #60 in Discover #2 in Brothers #5 in Love #45 in Teen Fiction #64 in Sadness #8 in Dance Eight boys. One...
358 23 11
Jason faces the death of his mother. Nina faces the death of her father. When the single parents of these two lovers meet, Nina then becomes Jason's...
13.9K 354 34
Hey, my names Sofia or how my friends call me "lil' soso". Sofia is sassy, classy and a bit bad-assy she breaks the rules, talks back, smokes, drink...
111K 4.3K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...