Until Forever Ends •| Doctor...

By General_Jellyfish

"Not safe in here," he tried to explain quickly. "Not yet. Five minutes; give me five minutes and I'll be rig... More

Chapter One: Promise? ✔️
Chapter Two: He came back
Chapter Three: Prisoner Zero
Chapter Four: Spaceships and Tears
Chapter Five: Please, just stop!
Chapter Seven: Love is stronger than Pain
Chapter Eight: A long Five minutes
Chapter Nine: I'm not leaving you. Not ever
Chapter Ten: Angel in her eye
Chapter Eleven: Matters of the Heart
Chapter Twelve: Something smells fishy
Chapter Thirteen: Ba-dum Ba-dum
Chapter Fourteen: Reality One or Reality Two
Chapter Fifteen: Reality Three or Home?
Chapter Sixteen: She's gone
Chapter Seventeen: Going Under
Chapter Eighteen: The Not So Great Rescue
Chapter Nineteen: Remembering the Forgotten
Chapter Twenty: Seeing is Believing✔️
Chapter Twenty One: Of Stars And History✔️
Chapter Twenty Two: Sonic Toothbrush
Chapter Twenty Three: Just Kiss Her!
Chapter Twenty Four: The Oldest Box in the Universe
Chapter Twenty Five: Not Much of a Prison
addendum

Chapter Six: Hate can be so strong

6.7K 205 138
By General_Jellyfish

Chapter Six: Hate can be so strong

[Map room]

In the War Rooms beneath Whitehall, an air raid siren is wailing. The WRACs and RAF are keeping track of fighter's positions on a tabletop grid.

"Can't we shut that ruddy thing up?" A soldier complained.

"If wishes were kisses." Another replied.

"Flight two advancing from Biggin Hill."

"Hostile thirty six, confirm please."

"Able Victor Charlie down."

"Twenty six and forty one detailed to intercept."

One of the women did a double take. "Forty one? That, that's Reg's squadron."

Prime Minister Winston Spencer Churchill enters, puffing on his trademark cigar.

"Sir." They salut.

"How many?" He asks gravely.

"Looks like a dozen Heinkel at least, sir, with Messerschmitts flanking."

"Out of range?"

"Normally, sir, yes."

"Well then, time to roll out the secret weapon."

Breen pushes a model Dalek onto the grid.

[Filing room]

The Tardis materialises in the filing room. A buzzer sounds in Churchill's office, and he smiles. The Doctor opens the Tardis doors to stare down the barrels of three Lee Enfield rifles, made in Britain, which move aside to reveal the PM.

"Amy? Emily?" He said. "Winston Churchill."

"Doctor. Is it you?" The PM asked.

"Oh, Winston, my old friend."

The Doctor goes in for a hug, but Churchill holds out his hand and beckons.

"Ah, every time."

"What's he after?" Emily asked.

"Tardis key, of course."

"Think of what I could achieve with your remarkable machine, Doctor." Churchill tried to convince him. "The lives that could be saved."

"Ah, doesn't work like that."

"Must I take it by force?" He said playfully.

Emily grins. "Now that, I'd love to see."

Churchill gives into a smile at her words. "At ease."

"You rang?" The Doctor asked.

[Corridor]

"So you've changed your face again." Churchill said.

"Yeah, well, had a bit of work done."

"Got it, got it, got it. Cabinet War Rooms, right?" Amy exclaimed.

"Yep." The Doctor confirmed.

Emily looked like a little kid in a candy store. "Top secret heart of the War Office, right under London." She all but squealed.

The Doctor gave her a soft grin, admiring the way her face lite up about such a small thing.

"You're late, by the way." Churchill informed him.

"Requisitions, sir."

Churchill took the clip board. "Excellent."

The Doctor snapped out of his daze.

"Late?" He asked, a slight flushness in his face.

"I rang you a month ago."

"Really?" He said, still slightly distracted. "Sorry, sorry. It's a Type Forty Tardis, it's. I'm just running her in."

Churchill noticed the offers mood. "Something the matter, Breen? You look a little down in the dumps."

"No, sir. Fine, sir." She lied.

"Action this day, Breen. Action this day."

"Yes, sir."

"Excuse me, sir." Another officer said. "Got another formation coming in, Prime Minister. Stukas, by the look of them."

"We shall go up top then, Group Captain. We'll give them what for. Coming, Doctor?"

"Why?" He asked.

"I have something to show you."

The Doctor and Amy followed Churchill away, while Emily lingered behind.

"Hey." She spoke to Breen. "Are you really okay?"

She looked up. "Oh, yes miss. I'm quite alright."

Emily hesitated and cast a look towards where she last saw her friend and sister before making a decision.

She grasped Breen's hands in her own. Immediately, sadness, pain and anger rained down on her but she ignored it and focused her hardest on calmness and peace.

"No, you're not fine. And you probably won't be for a while. But one day, you will get better. I promise." She said and quickly let go to follow catch up with the Doctor.

"Thank you miss Thank you so much." Breen called out to her.

Emily was full blown grinning when she caught up, despite the raging headache pounding in her head due to her use of her powers. The Doctor looked at her, her grin catching him off guard.

"What are you grinning about?" He asked.

Her grin, if possible, widened further.

"Oh, you know. Girl stuff. It's a secret." She then placed a finger to her lips. "Shh."

As she pulls ahead of him to walk next to Amy, the Doctor couldn't figure out why his hearts were beating slightly faster at that one, simple action.

[Lift]

"We stand at a crossroads,Doctor." Churchill stated. "Quite alone, with our backs to the wall. Invasion is expected daily. So I will grasp with both hands anything that will give us an advantage over the Nazi menace."

"Such as?" The Doctor questions.

"Follow me." Was all Churchill said.

[Roof]

Sandbags and sentries, and a white-coated scientist searching the skies with powerful binoculars.

"Wow." Amy breaths.

Churchill gestured to the scientist. "Doctor, this is Professor Edwin Bracewell. Head of our Ironsides Project."

The Doctor gives him a V for Victory salute.

"How do you do?" He replies.

"Two flights JU thirty eights approaching from the east." A bomb lands nearby. Amy and Emily gaze at all the barrage balloons moored over the city.

"Oh, Doctor. Doctor, it's-" Amy tries to find the word.

"History." The Doctor and Emily remark, both equally as excited.

"Ready, Bracewell?" Churchill called.

"Aye aye, sir. On my order, fire!"

Energy bolts zoom out from a sandbagged emplacement towards the approaching Nazi planes. Everyone a dead hit.

"What was that?" Amy asked.

Something was wrong. Past the fact that there was a war going on, Emily could tell that something else was terribly, terribly wrong.

"That wasn't human." The Doctor said slowly, cautiously. "That was never human technology. That sounded like–Show me. Show me. Show me what that was!"

"Advance." Bracewell ordered.

"Our new secret weapon. Ha!" Churchill stated proudly.

A Dalek rolls out from the emplacement. It's designation logo is a Union Flag and it is painted khaki, with an army utility belt around it. Emily felt physically sick just looking at it.

"What do you think? Quite something, eh?" Churchill boasted.

The Doctor was horrified. "What are you doing here?"

"I AM YOUR SOLDIER."

"What?"

"I AM YOUR SOLDIER."

"Stop this." The Doctor demanded. "Stop now. Now, you know who I am. You always know."

"YOUR IDENTITY IS UNKNOWN."

"Perhaps I can clarify things here." Bracewell interjected. "This is one of my Ironsides."

"Your what?"

Bracewell addressed the Dalek. "You will help the Allied cause in any way that you can."

"YES."

"Until the Germans have been utterly smashed."

"YES."

"And what is your ultimate aim?"

"TO WIN THE WAR!"

[Churchill's office]

"They're Daleks. They're called Daleks." The Doctor tried to tell him.

"They are Bracewell's Ironsides, Doctor. Look. Blueprints, statistics, field tests, photographs. He invented them." Churchill countered.

"Invented them? Oh, no, no, no."

"Yes. He approached one of our brass hats a few months ago. Fellow's a genius."

"A Scottish genius, too. Maybe you should listen to-" Amy started. Emily didn't think her sister understood the gravity of the situation.

"Shush." The Doctor interrupted her. "He didn't invent them. They're alien."

Churchill was unconvinced. "Alien."

One glides past the open door, looking in.

The Doctor glares at it. "And totally hostile."

"Precisely. They will win me the war."

[Corridor]

"Why won't you listen to me?" The Doctor asked. "Why did you call me in if you won't listen to me?"

"When I rang you a month ago, I must admit I had my doubts. The Ironsides seemed too good to be true." Churchill said.

"Yes. Right. So destroy them. Exterminate them."

Emily looked at the Doctor sharply.

"But imagine what I could do with a hundred. A thousand." Churchill continued greedily.

"I am imagining."

A Dalek goes past carrying a despatch box.

"Amy, Emily, tell him." The Doctor demanded.

"Tell him what?" Amy asked.

"About the Daleks."

"What would I know about the Daleks?"

It was the Doctor's turn to look at them sharply. "Everything. They invaded your world, remember? Planets in the sky. You don't forget that. Amy, tell me you remember the Daleks."

"No, sorry."

"Emily?"

She searched through her memories, but all that she could find was hate and fear. A lot of fear. She gave up. "I don't know."

"That's not possible." He said.

[Map room]

"Blue leader to Two squadron and six two three five seven. Over."

"Bandits at ten o'clock."

"Two three five seven. Over."

"So, they're up to something." The Doctor muttered. "But what is it? What are they after?"

"Well, let's just ask, shall we?

"Amy. Amelia!" He whisper-yelled.

"Amy." Emily groans.

Amy walks up to a Dalek and taps on its shell.

"CAN I BE OF ASSISTANCE?"

"Oh." Amy said, slightly startled. "Yes, yes. See, my friend reckons you're dangerous. That you're an alien. Is it true?"

"I AM YOUR SOLDIER."

"Yeah. Got that bit. Love a squaddie. What else, though?" Amy pried.

There was a brief pause.

"PLEASE EXCUSE ME. I HAVE DUTIES TO PERFORM." Was all it said as it rolled away.

"Well that's not suspicious." Emily muttered sarcastically, while the Doctor tried to reason with the PM.

"Winston. Winston, please." He pleaded.

"We are waging total war, Doctor." Churchill stated firmly. "Day after day the Luftwaffe pound this great city like an iron fist."

"Wait till the Daleks get started."

"Men, women and children slaughtered. Families torn apart. Wren's churches in flame."

"Yeah. Try the Earth in flames." The Doctor countered.

"I weep for my country. I weep for my empire. It is breaking my heart."

"You're resisting, Winston. The whole world knows you're resisting. You're a beacon of hope."

"But for how long? Churchill asked. "Millions of innocent lives will be saved if I use these Ironsides now. "

"CAN I BE OF ASSISTANCE?"

"Shut it. Listen to me. Just listen." The Doctor pleaded. "The Daleks have no conscience, no mercy, no pity. They are my oldest and deadliest enemy. You cannot trust them."

"If Hitler invaded hell, I would give a favourable reference to the Devil. These machines are our salvation."

A siren sounds.

Churchill held a hand to his heart in relief. "Oh, the All Clear. We are safe, for now."

He leaves, followed by a Dalek.

"Doctor, it's the All Clear." Amy said. "You okay?" He ignored her.

"What does hate look like, Emily?

"Doctor." Emily sighed. The Doctor continued.

"It looks like a Dalek. And I'm going to prove it." He seethed before marching off.

"Why is he acting like this?" Amy asked her sister.

Emily sighed sadly. "Hate can be so strong, Amy. So very, very strong. It can make a good man turn bad and it can turn a bad man evil. Even the best of people can't escape hate."

[Hallway]

Emily pulled the Doctor aside before he could enter the Laboratory.

"Now, look." She started. "I believe you, about the Daleks, I really do. But going about shouting and banging isn't going to help anyone, okay"

He stares at her and silently nods, slightly deflated.

[Laboratory]

"WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME TEA?"

Bracewell looks up. "That would be very nice, thank you."

"All right, Prof." The Doctor barges in. "Now, the PM's been filling me in. Amazing things, these Ironsides of yours. Amazing. You must be very proud of them."

"Just doing my bit."

"Not bad for a Paisley boy." Amy commented.

Emily lightly flicked her.

"Amy, shush." She glares at Emily.

"Yes, I thought I detected a familiar cadence, my dear."

"How did you do it? Come up with the idea?"

"How does the muse of invention come to anyone?"

"But you get a lot of these clever notions, do you?" The Doctor hazard a guess.

Bracewell became excited. "Well, ideas just seem to teem from my head. Wonderful things, like. Let me show you. Some musings on the potential of hypersonic flight. Gravity bubbles that can sustain life outside of the terrestrial atmosphere. Came to me in the bath."

"And are these your ideas or theirs?"
Bracewell looked confused. "Oh no, no, no. These robots are entirely under my control, Doctor. They are."

The Dalek brings Bracewell his tea.

"Thank you." He continues. "The perfect servant, and the perfect warrior."

"I don't know what you're up to, Professor." The Doctor warned. "But whatever they've promised, you cannot trust them. Call them what you like, the Daleks are death."

"Yes, Doctor." Churchill said, entering the room. "Death to our enemies. Death to the forces of darkness, and death to the Third Reich."

"Yes, Winston, and death to everyone else too."

"WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME TEA?"

The Doctor suddenly knocks the tray from the Dalek's sucker.

"Stop this!" He shouts. "What are you doing here? What do you want?"

"WE SEEK ONLY TO HELP YOU."

"To do what?"

"TO WIN THE WAR."

"Really? Which war?"

"I DO NOT UNDERSTAND."

"This war, against the Nazis, or your war?" He questions. "The war against the rest of the Universe? The war against all life forms that are not Dalek?"

"I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. I AM YOUR SOLDIER."

"Oh, yeah? Okay. Okay, soldier, defend yourself."

The Doctor picks up a huge spanner and starts hitting the Dalek.

"Doctor, what the devil?" Churchill exclaims.

"YOU DO NOT REQUIRE TEA?"

Bracewell pleaded. "Stop him! Prime Minister, please."

"Doctor, what the devil? Please, these machines are precious." He ordered.

"Come on. Fight back." He taunted. "You want to, don't you? You know you do."

"I must protest." Bracewell said weakly.

"What are you waiting for? Look, you hate me. You want to kill me. Well, go on. Kill me. Kill me!" The Doctor yelled.

White, hot, pulsing anger burned in Emily stomach. She wasn't even standing near him, yet she felt it as if it were her own.

"Doctor, be careful." Amy warned.

"PLEASE DESIST FROM STRIKING ME. I AM YOUR SOLDIER."

"You are my enemy!" The Doctor shouted. "And I am yours. You are everything I despise. The worst thing in all creation. I've defeated you time and time again. I've defeated you. I sent you back into the Void. I saved the whole of reality from you. I am the Doctor. And you are the Daleks."

"CORRECT. REVIEW TESTIMONY."

"I am the Doctor. And you are the Daleks."

"Testimony. What are you talking about, testimony?"

"TRANSMITTING TESTIMONY NOW."

"Transmit what, where?"

[Spaceship]

In a Dalek saucer on the far side of the Moon.

"RECEIVING TESTIMONY NOW."

"I am the Doctor. And you are the Daleks."

The lights on a golden Dalek-shaped pod light up.

"PROGENITOR ACTIVATED. TESTIMONY ACCEPTED. TESTIMONY ACCEPTED."

[Laboratory]

"TESTIMONY ACCEPTED."

The Doctor backs away. "Get back, all of you."

"Marines! Marines, get in here." Churchill commanded.

The two Marines who come through the door are exterminated.

"Stop it, stop it, please. What are you doing? You are my Ironsides." Bracewell yelled.

"WE ARE THE DALEKS."

"But I created you."

"NO."

The Dalek blows off Bracewell's left hand. It sparks and splutters. Robot.

"WE CREATED YOU."

"VICTORY. VICTORY. VICTORY."

The Daleks teleport away.

"What just happened, Doctor?"

"I wanted to know what they wanted. What their plan was. I was their plan." He realised before running out.

"Hey!" Both sisters exclaim.

[Spaceship]

The khaki Daleks appear.

"COMMENCING PHASE TWO. THE PROGENITOR IS ACTIVATED. IT BEGINS."

[Filing room]

"Testimony accepted. That's what they said. My testimony."

"Don't beat yourself up because you were right." Emily told him. "So, what do we do? Is this what we do now? Chase after them?"

"This is what I do. Yeah, and it's dangerous, so you wait here."

"What, so you mean we've got to stay safe down here in the middle of the London Blitz?"

"Safe as it gets around me." Was all he said.

The Doctor goes into the Tardis and it dematerialises.

"What's he expect us to do now?" Amy asked.

Churchill puffed on his cigar. "K B O, of course."

"What?"

"Keep buggering on." Email replied.

[Tardis]

The Doctor sets the scanner on search.

"Come on. Bingo!" And sets the Tardis on course with the flick of lever.

[Churchill's office]

"Prime Minister."

"Yes?" He answered.

"Signal from RDF, sir. Unidentified object. Hanging in the sky, Captain Childers says. We can't get a proper fix, though. It's too far up."

"What do you think, Miss Pond?" Churchill asked Emily. "The Doctor's in trouble and now we know where he is."

"Yeah. Because the bloody idiot'll be on that ship, won't he. Right in the middle of everything."

"Exactly."

[Roof]

An air raid warden is on duty when a light comes on in a building across the road.

"Oi, put that light out."

[Spaceship]

"THE FINAL PHASE COMMENCES, CHANNEL ALL RESERVE POWER TO PROGENITOR."

The Tardis materialises and the Doctor pops out.

"How about that cuppa now, then?"

"IT IS THE DOCTOR."

"EXTERMINATE."

"Wait, wait, wait. I wouldn't if I were you. Tardis self-destruct, and you know what that means. My ship goes, you all go with it."

The Doctor was holding out a Jammy Dodger biscuit.

"YOU WOULD NOT USE SUCH A DEVICE."

"Try me."

A Dalek rolls forward.

"Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. No scans. No nothing. One move and I'll destroy us all, you got that?" He warned. "Tardis bang bang, Daleks boom! Good boy. This ship's pretty beaten up. Running on empty, I'd say, like you. When we last met, you were at the end of your rope. Finished."

"ONE SHIP SURVIVED."

"And you fell back through time, yes. Crippled, dying." The Doctor pieced together.

"WE PICKED UP A TRACE. ONE OF THE PROGENITOR DEVICES."

"Progenitor?" He asked, confused. "What's that when it's at home?"

"IT IS OUR PAST, AND OUR FUTURE."

"Oh? That's deep. That is deep for a Dalek. What does it mean, though?" He questions.

"IT CONTAINS PURE DALEK DNA. THOUSANDS WERE CREATED. ALL WERE LOST, SAVE ONE."

"Okay, but there's still one thing I don't get, though. If you've got the Progenitor, why build Bracewell?"

"IT WAS NECESSARY."

"But why? I get it. Oh, I get it. I get it. Oh ho!" He laughed. "This is rich. The Progenitor wouldn't recognise you, would it? It saw you as impure. Your DNA is unrecognisable as Dalek."

"A SOLUTION WAS DEVISED."

"Yes, yes, yes. Me. My testimony." The Doctor rushed. "So you set a trap. You knew that the Progenitor would recognise me, the Daleks' greatest enemy. It would accept my word. My recognition of you." A Dalek moved towards the control panel. "No. No, no. What are you doing?"

"WITHDRAW NOW, DOCTOR, OR THE CITY DIES IN FLAMES."

"Who are you kidding? This ship is a wreck. You don't have the power to destroy London."

"WATCH AS THE HUMANS DESTROY THEMSELVES."

A ray goes out from the spaceship.

[London]

The lights go on all over the city. The Warden can only stare in horror.

"What the? No."

[Map room]

"The generators won't switch off. The lights are on all across London, Prime Minister."

"Has to be them." Emily said. "It has to be the Daleks."

"The Germans can see every inch of the city. We're sitting ducks. Get those lights out before the Germans get here."

"Confirm. Squadron two four four and fifty six mobilised. Emergency. Emergency."

"One oh nine? One oh nine, confirm."

"Thousands will die if we don't get those lights out now." Churchill growls.

"German bombers sighted over the Channel, sir. ETA ten minutes, sir."

"Here they come." Churchill said. "Get a message to Mister Attlee. War Cabinet meeting at oh three hundred hours. If we're all still here."

"We can't just sit here. We've got to take the fight to the Daleks." Amy complained.

He just shook his head. "How? None of our weapons are a match for theirs."

"Oh God, we must have something."

"Six oh four Blenheim squadron, stand by."

"Oh." Emily exclaimed. "It's staring us in the face. A gift, from the Daleks."

[Spaceship]

"Turn those lights off now. Turn London off or I swear I will use the Tardis self destruct."

"STALEMATE, DOCTOR. LEAVE US AND RETURN TO EARTH."

"Oh, that's it. That's your great victory? You leave?"

"EXTINCTION IS NOT AN OPTION. WE SHALL RETURN TO OUR OWN TIME AND BEGIN AGAIN."

"No, no, no. I won't let you get away this time. I won't."

"WE HAVE SUCCEEDED. DNA RECONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETE. OBSERVE, DOCTOR, A NEW DALES PARADIGM."

Five restyled Daleks glide out from the Progenitor cabinet, each a different colour. Red, Orange, White, Blue and Yellow.

"THE PROGENITOR HAS FULFILLED OUR NEW DESTINY. BEHOLD, THE RESTORATION OF THE DALEKS. THE RESURRECTION OF THE MASTER RACE."

[Laboratory]

"Bracewell." Churchill warned. "Put the gun down."

"My life is a lie, and I choose to end it." Bracewell stated, still pointing a gun to his head.

"In your own time, Paisley boy, because right now we need your help." Amy said.

"But those creatures, my Ironsides, they made me? I can remember things. So many things. The last war. The squalor and the mud and the awful, awful misery of it all. What am I? What am I?"

"What you are, sir, is either on our side or theirs." Churchill said. "Now, I don't give a damn if you're a machine, Bracewell. Are you a man?" He questions.

Emily placed a hand on Bracewells, somewhat surprised to find emotions leaping out at her. "Listen to me. I understand. Really, I do. Look, there is a spaceship up there lighting up London like a Christmas tree. Thousands of people will die tonight if we don't stop it, and you are the only one who can help take it down."

"I am?"

"You're alien technology." Amy said. "You're as clever as the Daleks are, so start thinking. What about rockets? You got rockets? Because you said gravity whatsits, hypersonic flight, some kind of missile.

"It isn't a fireworks party, Miss Pond. We need proper tactical. Oh. A missile. Or-"

"Or what?" Amy asked.

"We could send something up there, you say?"

Bracewell fumbled for some papers. "Yes, well, with a gravity bubble, yes, but. Theoretically it's possible that we could actually send something into space."

"Bracewell, it's time to think big."

[Spaceship]

"ALL HAIL THE NEW DALES. ALL HAIL THE NEW DALEKS." The old Daleks exclaimed, looking pretty worn out next to the new Daleks.

"YES, YOU ARE INFERIOR."

"YES."

"THEN PREPARE."

"WE ARE READY."

"CLEANSE THE UNCLEAN. TOTAL OBLITERATION. DISINTEGRATE."

The new neon coloured Daleks exterminate the old khaki and gold ones.

"Blimey." The Doctor said. "What do you do to the ones who mess up?"

"YOU ARE THE DOCTOR. YOU MUST BE EXTERMINATED."

The Doctor holds out his Jammy Dodger again.

"Don't mess with me, sweetheart."

•|•

Ooooooh, half way through 'Victory of the Daleks' and the after the next chapter we get to meet River!!!!!
I'm so excited! I already have like the entire two episodes planned out in max detail. Oh! It's gonna be FABULOUS!

So, how'd you like this chappy?
Do you like how that now we know Emily's secret, it pops up less discreetly, and she's actually starts using it?
Oh, and I was wondering. Did anyone catch any of the hidden clues that I placed before Chapters 4 & 5? I did hide them REALLY well, so if not then that's okay.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. It's like, 4:38 am exactly, and I haven't been to bed in just under 24 hours, so I'm sorry if the chapter's a little bit sucky. I'll fix it later, when I'm NOT sleep deprived.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378 35 8
I frown at him, squinting slightly at his forever-apologetic face. "Because, Michelle, you are the girl that should not exist," And that. That shatt...
3.4K 226 29
Story synopsis: You're moving on from your trauma and are finding a growing sense of family on the Tardis, but things are changing, yourself more tha...
337K 14.4K 103
**Currently being rewritten under the name Fight or Flight** "So, what do Time Lords pray to?" Amy asked reluctantly. Well? Do you know? Because he d...
51.3K 2.3K 61
"I thought I told you not to wander off," the Doctor reminds her but she ignores him. "I changed my mind," Cherry muses, a small smile playing on he...