Risking the Long Game ✅

Від JoshayaShipper4Ever

Maya Hunter: Maya's life was perfect. She had a family that loved her, a boyfriend who adored her (at least... Більше

1. Best Year or Worst Year
2. Run-Ins and Lies
3. Ditching and Deals
4. Angry or Sympathetic
5. Parties and Secrets
6. Tutoring and Mistakes
7. Confessions and Riley
8. Sneaking and Escapes
9. Good or Bad Idea
10. Trees and Bad Influences
11. Sick Days and Fights
12. Dating and Riley
13. Past and Present
14. Punches and Conversations
15. Beginning or End
16. Talks and First Dates
17. Fishbowl or High School
18. Secrets and Distractions
19. Love and Trust
20. Stay or Go
21. Fighting and Making Up
22. Did You Hear That or Not?
23. Pictures and Tears
24. Better or Worse
25. Rumors and Parties
26. Set-Ups and Make-Ups
27. Texting and Parentals
28. Chinese Take-Out and Hanging Out
29. Chalkboards and Phone Calls
30. Turkey and E-Mails
31. Busted and Forgiveness
32. Next Step or Too Far?
33. Confusion and Trust
34. Dream or Nightmare
35. Twists and Turns
36. Teasing and Pleasing
37. Cookies and Movies
38. Letters and Promises
39. Bad News and Boyfriend Goals
40. Baby Blues and Baby Boys
41. Coffee Dates and Chicken Nuggets
42. Study Breaks and Appointments
43. Have or Haven't
44. Lovers or Fighters
45. Celebration and Secrets
46. Shopping and Surprises
47. Nervous or Excited
48. Leaving and Reunions
50. Basic or Unique
51. Prom Prep and Anxiety
52. Dances and Hotel Rooms
53. Answer or Ignore
54. Caps and Gowns
Epilogue

49. Promposals and Pizza

2.3K 53 3
Від JoshayaShipper4Ever

Maya's POV

Getting back to reality after my amazing weekend with Josh is much harder than I could've even imagined. Not to mention that after dating me for six months girls were starting to change their opinion on my boyfriend. He was no longer just someone girls looked to for a random hookup but instead prime dating material. Girls seemed to come out of the woodwork at every turn. I'm sitting in the library with him like I do every day, working on my math homework when I look up and see a girl staring at him. I sigh, attempting to focus my attention on the equations in front of me but the way she was undressing him with her eyes was making me uncomfortable. "Stop staring" Josh whispers causing me to look across the table at him.

"Tell her" I snip making him chuckle as he reaches across the table for my hand.

"Sweetheart she's not you" he reminds me softly. "Relax" he insists, rubbing his thumb over my hand. I look down at our intertwined hands and allow some of my anger to dissipate.

"I wouldn't be so irritated if she would stop undressing you with her eyes" I reply softly causing him to chuckle, a smirk pulling at his lips as he looks up from his homework to my eyes.

"There's no need to be irritated" he smirks. "You're the only one who actually gets to undress me so why let it bother you?" A blush rises on my cheeks at his words and I avert my eyes back to my homework.

"I have homework to finish."

"Mhm" he replies, an amused tinge to his voice. I ignore him for the rest of the class period, knowing it was the only way to keep my focus. When the bell rings I gather my books before clasping my hand in Josh's and walking off down the hallway. "Are you coming over tonight?" he asks curiously. It was Friday night and the Matthews residence was usually where I ended up.

"Probably" I shrug as we wander over to my locker. "Are Cory and Topanga gonna be home?" I ask as Lucas and Riley walk over to us.

"Have you heard?" Riley exclaims, practically bubbling over with excitement making me chuckle.

"Heard what?" I question, sharing a confused look with my boyfriend while grabbing the things I needed for my last few classes of the day.

"The first promposal of the season" she gushes. "It was super cute. The boy came in pretending to hand out detention slips and he gave one to his girlfriend only it said prom on it" she exclaims.

"Did she say yes?" Josh questions making Riley give him an unamused glare for interrupting her story. I stifle a laugh as I shut my locker and lean against it.

"If you had a little patience" she scoffs. "I was getting there" she adds, throwing her hair over her shoulder. "Of course she said yes. I'm pretty sure she almost cried" she says making me laugh. She cuts me a glare that's quick to shut me up. "What's so funny?" she demands. I simply shrug.

"Seems a little much" I admit. "It's a promposal, not a marriage proposal. I'd be happy with something low-key and intimate."

"What?" Riley exclaims making me roll my eyes.

"I don't know" I shrug. "I don't get the whole over the top promposal thing. It's just a dance." I shake my head as the bell rings, signaling it's time for us to head off to lunch. "Who's ready to eat?"

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

Prom. I hadn't thought much about it because at the beginning of the year the only reason I would have even thought about attending the dance would be to find some girl to take up to a hotel room for a good time. I look at Maya who's been quiet since her spat with Riley and place my hand on her thigh, squeezing it causing her to look up at me through her long lashes. "You okay?" I whisper, leaning down to leave a soft kiss under her ear.

"Mhm" she lies. I wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

"You wanna talk?" I ask softly. She shakes her head and I nod in understanding before turning my attention back to my lunch. Maya was a sophomore which meant she technically couldn't go to prom but since she was dating me, a senior, if I asked she would be allowed to attend. Having her on my arm at prom would be the proudest moment of my senior year but I wasn't sure if it was something she was truly interested in.

We finish eating just before the bell rings meaning we have to part ways. She walks a ways ahead of me and I decide it's best to give her space. If I've learned anything in the last six months it's that she was independent and when she was thinking through something she preferred to do it on her own. She walks into her class and I head off to mine. I sit down and try to focus on the subject that the teacher was drowning on about but my thoughts keep venturing off to Maya. I pull out my phone and send her a quick, simple text just to make sure everything is okay.

JOSH: Are you okay?

She responds immediately, letting on that she was obviously just as distracted as I was.

MY GIRL: Yea.....

JOSH: Yea? That sounds convincing sweetheart

MY GIRL: Are you mad at me?

I stare at my phone, convinced my head had jumbled up the words. How could she think I was upset with her in any way?

JOSH: Ofc not! Sweetheart what's going on?

MY GIRL: What I said. About prom. It didn't upset you?

JOSH: No. I know you're not into the over the top thing.

JOSH: Except the winter formal ofc 😜

MY GIRL: Lol ofc 😊 But that was unique. Everyone does promposals. I don't want to be like everyone else.

JOSH: But you do want to go.......

MY GIRL: Maybe.......

JOSH: Hmmmm something for me to think about.......

MY GIRL: Perhaps

MY GIRL: I love you

JOSH: I love you too sweetheart

I put my phone away, satisfied with leaving my conversation as it was with Maya and deciding to actually focus on class.

~ 📚 ~

Maya's POV

"You never answered me earlier" I point out as Josh and I's hands swing back and forth while we walk towards my car.

"About what?" he questions confusedly when we reach my car. We break our hands apart and I reach into my purse for my keys while he goes over to the passenger side.

"Your place. Cory and Topanga free?" I ask causing him to shake his head.

"No such luck" he sighs as I unlock the doors and we pile inside. "But you can still come over" he adds making me chuckle.

"It's cute that you think I was looking for permission" I tease making him laugh as I put the car in drive. I head off to the Matthews' loft and pull into the parking lot. Josh and I make our way up to the loft, hand in hand, walking inside to find Cory and Topanga fighting with Auggie.

"I'm too old for a babysitter" he complains, crossing his arms over his chest. Cory looks up from his son, up to us and smiles.

"Josh" Cory brightens, "what are you doing tonight?" he asks curiously. Josh and I share a look realizing that our night alone in his bedroom was about to go up into flames.

"Nothing really" Josh admits, rubbing his neck. "Why what's up?" he asks reluctantly. I don't know if Cory notices his reluctance or if he just doesn't care because he replies enthusiastically.

"Topanga and I are going out tonight and we need someone to watch Auggie" he explains. "Since he doesn't want a babysitter I think you and Maya should watch him."

"That still counts" Auggie insists. Topanga rolls her eyes and looks up at us with pleading eyes.

"Where's Riley?" Josh asks innocently, grasping at straws to get us out of this.

"On a date" Cory scoffs. I stifle a laugh, biting the inside of my lip. I found it hilarious that he still hated the thought of Riley dating after almost a year.

"We'll watch him" I give in, earning an annoyed glance from my boyfriend. I force a smile as Cory and Topanga's faces break out into huge grins.

"Thank you so much" Topanga exclaims as she pulls me in for a hug before going to grab her things. "We should be back around eleven but you know, don't wait up. I'll call Katy and let her know that you're spending the night" she adds, taking me by surprise. A sleepover with Josh. Maybe we should've volunteered to watch Auggie before. "You'll be sleeping in Riley's room of course" she adds. I nod, obviously knowing that I'd have to sneak into Riley's room to pretend I had slept there.

"Of course" I smile. "Have fun you two" I add before they dash out the door. Josh and I face Auggie who rolls his eyes.

"Have fun making out. I'm going over to Ava's" he says, opening the door and leaving the loft.

"Aug" Josh stops him as he spins to face his nephew. "Be home by seven for dinner" he says. Auggie nods before leaving the loft. "I gotta be honest, I thought you were insane but this is actually exactly what we wanted" Josh laughs as he pulls me into his arms.

"I knew what I was doing" I smirk, wrapping my arms around his neck before crashing my lips onto his in a passionate kiss. He pulls me closer, swiping his tongue across my bottom lip. A soft moan falls from my lips as I stumble back, hitting the back of the couch. I press my hand against the back of his neck, causing him to stumble back with me onto the cushions. He holds himself up with his arm while his other hand slips under my shirt, inching towards my bra. I kiss him harder as his hand slips under my bra while my own hands reach out to unbuckle his belt. His hand abandons its task and moves down to unzip my jeans.

"Are you sure?" Josh asks softly, pulling his lips from mine breathlessly. "We don't have to" he adds making a smile pull at my lips as I reach up to caress his cheek.

"I know" I nod, "I want to" I assure him. He smiles, reaching into his back pocket and pulling out his wallet. He reaches inside and pulls out a condom before throwing his wallet onto the coffee table. He yanks my jeans down my legs before pulling down his own and taking his boxers with him. He tears open the condom and rolls it on before returning his gaze to mine.

"We're gonna do this quick. I don't know when Aug might walk in" he chuckles.

"Fine by me" I smirk, challenging him to be less careful with me this time.

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

She's testing me. She knows that last time I was careful because it was her first time but this time is different. She's biting her bottom lip, staring up at me with want in her eyes. I bring my lips back down to hers while my hands tug at her panties, yanking them down her legs. "You sure you want this?" I whisper, pulling back from her lips.

"Yes" she nods immediately making me smirk as I shift forward, burying myself inside her completely on the first thrust. Her mouth falls open and her body arches into me, a strangled moan falling from her lips. "Oh god" she sighs. I continue to thrust into her relentlessly, going harder and deeper each time causing her body to tremble beneath me as her orgasm approaches. "Josh" she moans, digging her nails into my back. I roll my hips one last time against hers before she explodes around me. After a couple more thrusts I'm finished and pulling out of her. She gasps at the sudden loss of contact, biting her lip harshly.

"I'll be right back" I tell her, kissing the top of her head before walking off to the bathroom to clean myself up.

~ 📚 ~

Maya's POV

He leaves and I'm left on the couch, a panting mess. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and pull up my panties before standing up and looking for my jeans. When I spot them under the coffee table I grab them and pull them back up my legs. I take a deep breath, pushing my hair back from my eyes before wandering over to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I'm on my second glass when Josh walks back into the room. "Thirsty?" he smirks, the double meaning obvious.

"Not anymore" I reply, placing my empty glass on the countertop. "That was-."

"Too much?" he asks worriedly, moving to lean against the kitchen table across from me.

"No" I shake my head, walking towards him. "It was definitely different though" I chuckle, wrapping my arms around his neck. "You were uh" I clear my throat. "Holding back a bit the other night" I chuckle.

"Baby I never would've been that rough with you the first time" he shakes his head. "That would've hurt like hell for you" he says, caressing my cheek. "In retrospect I probably should've waited a little longer" he adds. "You aren't used to it yet."

"Yet?" I quirk an eyebrow at him. He blushes making a smile pull at my lips.

"I just assumed" he shrugs, making me giggle. "I mean. Wait. That came out wrong. I would never assume" he rambles. I smile, cutting him off with a long kiss before pulling back.

"I get what you meant" I assure him, running my hands down his chest. "I know you'd never take advantage of me."

"Good" he sighs, squeezing my hips. "Because I love you and I would never want to do something you didn't want" he says seriously making my heart flutter as I nod in understanding.

"I know" I smile. "I trust you." He doesn't argue with me and my heart flutters. Somehow I had actually finally convinced this boy that he was worth my love and trust. "What are we doing for dinner?" I ask curiously as I break from his arms and wander over to the fridge, pulling it open.

"Nothing that takes forever" he replies. "I don't want to be cooking all night. What's in there?" he asks, coming up behind me and placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Um" I reply, leaning forward to go through the contents. "I think there's some leftover meatloaf and maybe" I pick up a container and analyze it, scrunching my nose. "Chicken" I guess making him chuckle.

"Probably not best to go with that" he laughs. "Is there enough meatloaf?" he asks. I reach for the container, pulling open the lid and shaking my head.

"There's enough for Auggie" I giggle.

"Pizza" he suggests making me laugh as I lift my head to look at him.

"Lazy" I tease.

"You tired me out" he smirks, kissing my cheek before letting me go. "I'll call and order. Cheese?" he asks. I shut the fridge while a smile pulls at my lips.

"You remembered" I smile, leaning against the fridge.

"Of course I did" he replies as if it's crazy to think he'd forget. "So cheese and then I'll get a small sausage and pepperoni for me and Aug."

"Sounds good" I reply. "I'm gonna text Riley and let her know what's going on."

"Kay" he smiles, "I'll be right back" he says before disappearing to his bedroom. I pull out my phone and find Riley's contact name.

MAYA: Babysitting Aug with Josh. Your parents expect me to sleep in your room. Cover for me?

HONEY: Ofc! Have fun babysitting (making out) 😉

I laugh, putting my phone back in my pocket before moving back into the living room. I plop down onto the couch and grab the remote, turning on the television. I settle on the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy before Josh returns. "What are we watching?" he asks as he skips down the steps and strides over to the couch.

"Grey's" I reply shortly, already getting too tied up in the new storylines.

"You a fan?" he laughs lightly. I shoot him an unamused glare causing him to press his lips in a thin line, trying to hide his amusement. "Okay" he whispers. "We'll talk later" he says as he wraps his arm around my waist and hugs me closer.

~ 📚 ~

By the time the episode is over so is dinner. Auggie walked in a few minutes before the pizza delivery and Josh gave him permission to eat next door as long as he brought Ava a piece of pizza. When the credits begin to roll and the countdown for How to Get Away with Murder begins I stand up to gather the plates and bring them to the kitchen. "I should probably go get Aug from next door" Josh says as he stands up and carries the empty box that contained the boy's pizza into the kitchen. He opens the garbage can and throws it inside.

"I'm home" Auggie announces as he bursts into the house.

"Nevermind" Josh chuckles. "Get upstairs and get ready for bed buddy" he instructs his nephew.

"Can we watch the end of the Mets game after I get dressed?" he asks hopefully. Josh looks to me and I shrug.

"Go ahead" I smile. "I think I'm gonna take a shower."

"You can take whatever you want" Josh tells me as Auggie walks up the steps towards his bedroom.

"Okay" I reply, leaning forward to kiss his cheek. "Enjoy the game" I smile before brushing past him and heading upstairs to his bedroom. I spot Riley walking out of her room and a laugh tumbles from my lips. "I told you we were babysitting. You could've used the front door."

"I didn't know when they'd get home" she replies. "What are you doing?"

"Shower" I point to Josh's room. "The boys are watching the Mets game downstairs." Her nose scrunches up and I giggle. My best friend was definitely more of a basketball fan.

"I'll pass" she replies.

"How was Lucas'?" I ask, leaning against the wall.

A blush rises on my best friend's cheeks as she leans against her doorway. "Good" she replies. "How was babysitting?"

"Good" I reply in the same monotone voice. We share a laugh, obviously understanding the confession of how we both spent our afternoon under our words.

"It's so weird that you're with my uncle" she says after a few seconds pass. I shrug, a smile pulling at my lips.

"What can I say? I love him. And you're not much better. You're dating Huckleberry."

She rolls her eyes playfully. "Yea, yea" she chuckles as Auggie walks out of his room in his pajamas. "Hey little brother" Riley greets Auggie.

"Hi Riley" he smiles, waving at his sister before walking down the hallway to the staircase.

"He's adorable" I smile.

"Oh no" Riley shakes her head. "Don't go getting ideas" she says making me laugh.

"Trust me Riles. A baby is the last thing I want" I assure her. "And don't you go getting any ideas either. I'm not ready to be an aunt."

"Great aunt" she corrects me making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. She giggles. "Technically when you finally marry Josh you'll become my aunt so my kids will be your great nieces or nephews" she explains. My head spins with logistics and I swear my best friend can see the steam coming out of my ears as I try to process her words. "Nevermind" she giggles. "Go take your shower."

"Sounds like a good idea" I agree with a laugh. "See you later Riles" I smile as I turn on my heels and head towards Josh's room. I walk in, closing the door behind me and wandering over to his dresser. I pull out a pair of boxers and a button up before walking into his bathroom. I close the door and turn around towards the shower to turn on the water.

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

The game goes into extra innings and I watch the minutes and then the hour tick by. I loved spending time with my nephew but my girlfriend isn't usually waiting for me in my bedroom. When the final pitch is finally thrown I look over to find a frown on my nephew's face. We lost 11-9. "We can't win 'em all" I shrug as I shut off the television. He nods in understanding as the two of us head up the steps. His room is the first one so we stop not far off the steps. "Goodnight Aug."

"Night Uncle Josh. Thanks for staying up with me" he says making my heart swell.

"Anytime kiddo" I smile, leaning down to kiss the top of his head. "Get some sleep" I insist, patting his back and ushering him into his bedroom. Once his door clicks shut I head to my own room. I open the door and find my girlfriend lying on my bed, curled up under the covers fast asleep. I chuckle as I strip off my shirt and step out of my jeans before walking over to my bed. I pull back the blankets and climb under the covers beside her.

"Sorry" she says sleepily. I chuckle, reaching forward to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's okay" I assure her. "You comfy?"

"Mhm" she hums. "Did we win?" she asks softly.

"No" I shake my head as I reach over to shut off the light. Darkness envelopes us as I pull her against my chest. "But I did" I reply making her giggle against my chest.

"You're cheesy."

"I know" I smile, kissing the top of her head. "I love you."

"I love you too" she says softly. "Goodnight baby."

"Goodnight sweetheart" I reply before drifting off to sleep. 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

184K 4.5K 48
A thunderstorm is all it takes for secrets to be revealed. Usually the truth sets you free but not in this case. The truth is, Josh broke his promise...
188K 4.2K 56
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is a sophomore in college with a pretty perfect life, amazing parents, a best friend who she loves more than anyone, and a boyfri...
82.3K 1.8K 38
🚔 The ride along that will change the game forever 🚔 Maya Hunter is counting down the days until graduation with university right in the rearview b...
152K 4.5K 64
Cover by @queen_Dez08 She is famous, He is the body guard that was hired to protect her. She was somebody who wanted out of all the fame and the glor...