My Kryptonite (supercorp)

By _ZAEYX

Disclaimer: I do not own Supergirl or the characters. This is my first Supercorp Fanfic yay! Lena Luthor co... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
A/N: News

3

3.1K 107 12
By _ZAEYX

Kara woke up the next morning to the blinding light of the sun.

Trying to go back to sleep she turns on her side avoiding the sunlight. She slept later than she expected last night. Apparently day dreaming doesn't help you finish your work earlier.

Wait...work...the sun...is up...CRAP WORK!!!

In her hurry to get out of bed she falls to the floor tangled in sheets. The alien groans even though it didn't hurt. She looks up to find the clock in front of her.

7:59!!!!

She's so late for work.

Kara rushed to her bathroom to brush her teeth and comb her hair, not even bothering to take a shower (thank Rao she did that last night). Once she's out she zips to her wardrobe and throwing on the first thing she sees, not caring if it doesn't match. She doesn't have enough time to debate what to wear like she usually does. After she throws on her clothes she quickly grabs her bag and USB and flies off to work.

RAO! What's the point of having super powers if your still late for work. She's lucky if she doesn't get fired.

She sees the CatCo building close by and making sure no one sees, she lands on the balcony. Hands pat down her blouse and pulls on the bottom of the hem of her shirt in attempt to straighten it out. It didn't help much but it'll do.

She glances at her wrist watch, 8:12, she still has time to hand over the piece to Snapper.

When she arrives the office she is greeted with an unimpressed look.

"You're late blondie" The blade man snarls.

"It's 8:15. I'm right on time" she counters

"While working for me being on time is late," Snapper rubs his temples not wanting to deal with a headache so early in the morning. "Just give me your piece."

She hands him the USB to look over. She stands by his desk playing with her fingers nervously.

Well he's not yelling that's a good sign

"What the hell is this!"

Spoke too soon

"It's the assignment I was given"

Kara can see a vein popping out, "Listen up Danvers. We are here to publish news not release sappy fan girl love letters."

"I don't underst-

"Your new here. And you have no experience in this field but even I expected more that this. You think people want to hear this. You cannot let your opinions interfere with your work-

"With all due respect that is news. And sure I did give her a little praise but that is nothing but facts. This line of work is about telling truths but aren't you doing the exact opposite if you don't publish this. Your telling me I can't be biased and not let my opinions interfere but what are you doing right now. You won't let me have this published because what-because of her last name? Because that now how the Luthors are supposed to be? Because your afraid about the backlash we're going get? I interviewed her and I wrote down every single word she said, whether you believe her or not is not my problem. What she said in that interview has not been said or repeated in any other articles. This will sell whether people like it or not!" Kara finished in a single breath.

Snapper stared at her for a long time before turning back to the computer. The fire she spat out earlier faded away just as quickly as it came. Snapped continued typing on his computer and Kara didn't know if she should leave or stay.

When he was done he handed her the USB. "You have a few grammatical errors. Rephrase your first sentence and don't praise her, the fact that you wrote this already does that for you. And next time give me a printed copy. After you finish that I want a list of at least 5 people that saw her when she was a little girl or saw her attitudes change after the incident with her brother. You must be able to contact those people and get an interview from them. I don't care if you have to get the list from Ms. Luthor herself. I want that list by tomorrow morning at 8:15. And don't be late!"

Kara nodded frantically and rushed to her new office and got to work.

She was just about done with her final draft when she looked at the clock. It was 12. She still has a bit of time before going over to L corp.

So she dials a person she knows that can help her with her second assignment. On the third ring her friend answers, "Hey Winn. I need you to do a favor for me"

***MK***

On her way to L Corp she gets a text from Winn telling her to look at the email he sent over. She replies with a quick thank you goes up the elevator. She greets Jess on her way in and is returned with a smile. It's seemed like the young Luthor told her to keep her schedule open at this time.

With a light knock on the door, she is give permission to enter by Lena.

"Kara," the young CEO smiles. "Just let me wrap this up and we'll head on over."

The Luthor's desk was a mess. A huge stack of papers were scattered everywhere and Kara could see 3 cups of coffee in the trash can without her x ray vision.

"Maybe we should schedule lunch for another time," the smile on the CEO drops. So before Lena could respond Kara quickly explains, "I mean you look very busy and I wouldn't want to keep you from work."

Lena's smile returns, not as bright but it was still something. "No it's completely fine," she assures Kara. "You're a welcome distraction. If anything I could actually use a break. And besides these papers are just suggestions from my employees on the new device we're working on and

permits that allow us to get the materials since it's not in this country."

Kara was glad Lena didn't cancel. "Well shall we go then," the blonde says holding the door open for her.

The CEO exits the office as the reporter follows her out.

As they exit the elevator, heads turn in their direction. It probably was weird to see their boss to be out especially with a reporter. But it didn't seem to bother Lena, in fact she didn't even notice.

"So where are we going?" The green eyed woman asked curiously.

"You'll see when we get there. It's not far from here so we'll just walk"

Lena only replies with a small hum.

"I imagine you don't know many places here since your new in town."

"You're correct."

"We'll maybe when we're both free I can give you a tour. I could show to my favorite places here."

"I'd love that"

They stopped walking in front of a restaurant called Chow Palace. The place had really good food so Kara wondered why it was less packed than usual.

Kara's questions were answered when they walked in and almost all eyes on the room turned to them. Then whispers filled the room and some didn't even bother to hide what they were saying.

Without her super hearing could make out someone saying "isn't that Lex Luthor's sister? What's she doing here?"

"She deserves to go to prison along with her brother."

"Let's get out of here" she sees a couple who just got their food grab their things and rush out the door.

Out of the corner of her eyes she sees Lena holding head up high, confidence and power radiating off of her. And Kara would've been convinced that this didn't affect her but she looked into her eyes and it gave everything away. It was one of those rare moments where Kara can feel someone else's pain.

Yet here she was next to her standing tall acting like it didn't bother her at all and the opinions of those around here were nothing but irrelevant.

Kara saw a bit of Cat Grant in her. Both so full of self confidence only wavering in rare moment where they couldn't take it anymore. They were alike but so different. Because Cat never had to suffer because of family. Cat never started at the top and fell so hard to the bottom and had to claw her way out to proove what she was worth when she had no faults. Cat never had to live in fear of not being able to protect herself. And it wasn't from aliens, who she was taught or hate, but from those she held close.

And maybe that's why Kara gravitated toward Lena Luthor. She admires her ability to get back on her feet every time she falls. But next time she does Kara want to be there to catch her or at least help put back the pieces.

Kara wasn't Superman and Lena wasn't Lex. She's hopeful that they won't fall into the same path because Kara can see her and Lena becoming great friends.

She clears her throat and gestures Lena toward the table she usually sits at. Someone approaches the table and Lena tenses.

"Kara! I wondering when you were going to come in. I haven't seen you all week. I miss my favorite customer." A man in his mid 40s said. Lena seems too relax that it wasn't someone telling her to leave again because the customers were uncomfortable.

"Roberto" the blonde stands to give him a quick hug. "I missed you too especially the food." They both laugh with such familiarity. "Sorry Alex bet that I couldn't stay away from this place for a week. Don't tell her?"

"My lips are sealed" he said making a zipping motion on mouth. "Now who might this pretty lady be?"

"Um a friend of mine. Roberto meet Lena Luthor. Lena Meet Roberto, he's the owner of this restaurant." Kara introduces as the two shake hands.

"So you do have friends. You usually just come here with Alex" Roberto teases. "So are you ready to order?"

Kara asks for her usual and Lena it's Lena's turn to order.

"Why don't you order for me Kara. I trust your judgement"

Throughout lunch Kara and Lena ate and made small talk.

"You're right. This place is really good" Lena admits when she tastes the food.

"I told you so"

"Its even better than most expensive restaurants I go to. And the portions are bigger!" Kara laughs at her adorableness.

Lena opened up about her crazy boarding school stories. And Kara talked about this new guy named Joe who was supposed to be the new Tech guy but accidentally went in the wrong elevator, Cat Grant's elevator more specifically.

They laughed and made jokes the entire time. And if Lena was being honest, she hasn't had this much fun in a long time even before the Lex went crazy.

They've avoided talking about work the entire time until dessert came.

"So um I showed my boss the article"

"Oh?"

"Yeah. After it he actually wants me to interview at least 5 people who know you. I thought you'd like to know"

"Thank you for telling me. And I um I can give you a l-"

"No there's no need. I've got it covered. But if I need anything else..."

"Feel free to ask. I 'd be happy to help."

When it was coming to an end the two women ended up arguing who was going to pay. But settled on splitting the cheque.

The two women walked back to L Corp and stopped at the front of the building.

"I should get going. My lunch break is coming to an end." Kara says.

"Yes, I shall go back to work as well. And thank you for inviting me to lunch."

"Sure no problem."

"I'm still holding onto that tour you promised."

Kara lets out another laugh. "Just tell me when your up for it and I'll check my schedule."

The CEO just nods and walks into the the building with the brightest smile. It was all the employees could gossip about all day and well into the next morning.

***MK***

Later that night Kara's sitting on the couch watching old classic movies when her phone vibrates

It was text from Lena. They exchanged numbers when they had lunch together.

Had a good time earlier

She can't help but smile and replies

Me too

But she feels it's not enough so she adds Let's do it again sometime I know this great pizza place

It's takes a while for Kara to send that. Usually she knows what to say when talking to someone but it's different with Lena.

And Kara Danvers isn't big on change. Not she hates it. But this she kinda likes.

Somewhere in the city a CEO's phone buzzes and when she sees the reply she genuinely smiles. Something that she's been doing a lot lately. And she thinks to herself, I'm defiantly going to like it here.

Hey, hope you liked it. 😊

Sorry if there are any grammar errors I didn't really look into it.

Feel free to leave comments/make suggestions.

Until next time...

@Simplyjustfans😘🖖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.7K 28
"Who ever thought, a Super and a Luthor working together?". That was just the beginning of a brand new friendship, and maybe even more than one as Le...
16K 726 26
Lena is a Fallen Angel, her past was dark and full of demons that still haunt her to this day. Stripped of her wings, she was destined to walk the ea...
108K 3K 12
Lena Luthor always gets what she wants. And she wants to claim Kara Danvers or Kara Zor-El, the cub reporter of Catco. After that terrible boyfriend...
210K 5.8K 37
Lena was devestated as she found out about her best friends true identity, well she thought they were true friends. She felt hurt and betrayed...Kara...