She-Wolf Chronicles: Vengeful...

By SPK147

It had been a year since that fateful day, and now 18 years old Mitchie Oaken is still nowhere near close to... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Explanation
Playlist

Chapter 7

3.3K 89 11
By SPK147

Heya, I know, I know. Long wait. But I did explain on the Fan message I sent out, so its really your fault for not reading it lol. This one took me a long while to write, so enjoy!

Song = awesomeness so check it out! Its Apocalyptica ft Lauri of Rasmus ft Ville Valo of HIM (Finnish awesomeness is what this song is :-P). The deeper voice in it is of my imaginary husband Ville Valo, just to let you know lmao.

Oh and I've put up the photo slideshow of the story 'Forbidden Factfile: The Vampire' up on this chapter so you can get a feel of what the Slayer, her mate and her side-kicks look like.

:D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7

Mitchie's POV

“Welcome guys,” The vampire – Jason – said from the couch on the right side of the insanely large loft space, all of the other ‘Powerband’ (as Tom called them) looking toward us at exactly the same time.

After entering the scantily clad and dirty looking warehouse, apprehension had hit all of us after walking further into the empty space to find a set of looming stairs in front of us.

And if it hadn’t been for the ray of light shining from way up at the top and the sounds of laughter and a TV blaring, I don’t think we’d have gone up as relaxed as we had.

I mean, I was still on the edge of wanting to be in a fighting position as we walked, but it was better than actually walking up in that hostile demeanour.

So you can imagine the surprise on our faces when we had stepped onto an immaculate and incredibly well designed loft area, where the five powerful beings were all placed comfortably around the area; Lauren and Izzy sitting at the bar where Liam seemed to be a playing a bartender of sorts whilst Matt and Jason were perched on a large corner sofa watching a game of American Football – at least they were until we’d entered. Now they were just looking at us.

The whole thing kinda creeped me out though. Because this is a little like how all of us would be if we’d been in their position, and some lesser powerful group had come to us.

And wasn’t that a trip. To become the ones that weren’t so all powerful.

I wonder if we could take them if a fight were to occur between us.

I glanced at Craig, who in turn shook his head at me, which made something wash down me, something incredibly foreign to my emotional make-up of genes.

Fear.

Who were these people?!

As if reading my mind, Izzy smiled. “Please, don’t just stand there. If my instincts are correct, then we have a lot to discuss.”

We all looked at each other and shrugged. Nate immediately went to go sit by his mate by the bar with a smiling Craig following suit. Tom and Derek sat on the corner sofa, weary of the other two, but they weren’t as hostile as they had been earlier in the alleyway.

This left me to sit next to Izzy, something I really didn’t want to do.

But common courtesy made me do so, and just as I expected her aura seemed to enhance my psychic ability, almost pushing me to touch her to gain a vision.

No way did I want that to bloody happen. Those headaches were insane. Not to mention I had enough emotional burden. I didn’t want to add hers to mine as well as something told me that she had suffered as much as I did sometime in her life.

Her sapphire-like eyes once again took me in and I got the feeling that she was confirming something, though what I had no clue.

I heard the TV being shut off and I kinda wished they’d left it on so that I had some sort of familiar thing around me.

For once I was completely and utterly helpless in a situation. And it makes me realised just how much I have been in control even when I was fighting Tornado Clan members for the first time or fighting my personal witch inside of me.

Those feats were nothing compared to this.

Craig’s confirmation that I wouldn’t be able to hold my own against the beautiful creature now staring at me, unnerved me and I don’t like this feeling.

But I squared my shoulders and brought out my stubborn side who had her pride wrapped around her like a cloak.

No way was I gonna go down fighting if that was the case here.

Something shifted in the Slayer’s eyes.

“Peace, Mitchie. None of us here want to fight you.” She said, her musical tone singing out sincere reassurance.

“Yeah, if we wanted you dead you’d be beside those Ware’s in the alleyway.” Mr Brawny stated from the sofa with a snigger.

“Oh, Matt, do you have to constantly show everyone that your mouth and your brain have no bloody filter in between?!” Lauren hissed at him, breaking eye contact from Nate (who didn’t look so pleased about it) to glare at her brother in a way only siblings can muster.

“What? I was only stating the truth! I don’t see why we have to beat around the bush to people who’ve obviously been in their own fair share of fights!” Matt growled back indigently back at her.

“Did you hear that? I full grammatically correct sentence Lauren! I think there’s hope for him yet.” Liam chuckled at his brother’s expense before turning to look at Nate with two large silver types of glasses in his hand. “Cocktail, supposed future in-law?”

A stunned Nate shook his head no, whilst Craig bellowed with laughter at the hilarity of it all, his mate not far behind him.

“Shut up Liam! Not everyone wants to sound as geeky as you!” Matt growled even more menacingly back at him.

“And he’s back.” Liam mumbled as he poured the drink he’d been shaking into a glass and pushed it to Izzy.

“Enough guys,” Izzy said as Jason joined in with Tom and Craig’s laughing fit.

The Slayer took a sip of her drink as she waited for the laughter to die down and I couldn’t help but marvel at how much she acted like someone a lot older than what she appeared to be, and wondered idly if that was how I acted on the outside.

“At the end of the day, Matt is right. You are not here so that you can be threatened. I have asked you back because my instincts are telling me that our paths are meant to be crossed.” She once again took me under her steely gaze. “And you look like a person who follows through with her instincts.”

I shrugged non-committedly and decided that I would, as Matt had put it, beat around the bush.

The sooner we got this sorted, the sooner we could get out of here.

“We’re hunting a Pack. Or more specifically, their bastard of an Alpha,” I stated coldly.

She nodded. “I figured as much. And am I right in guessing that this bastard would be Caleb Drax?”

I half-smiled, but again it wasn’t with warmth.

This lady wanted something from me; I could feel it as surely as I can feel my bones.

“It’s not much of a stretch of a guess seeing as how you knew about our packs uniting.” I paused for a beat from what I was about to say as I thought that statement through. “How did you know about that?”

She mirrored my earlier shrug. “As the Protector of this Dimension it is my duty to monitor everything that happens within this realm.”

“Well then, if that’s the case why hadn’t you stopped all the carnage that he has committed?!” I growled not at all liking the high-handed behaviour she was emitting.

If she’s so almighty powerful then why is it on my neck to have to solve this war? Where was she when my mother and father were killed?!

The atmosphere in the room dropped by degrees as everyone tensed; the vampire and shifter because of my hostile tone, my family to come to my defence if need be.

And suddenly my wolf began to rattle against me in anger, growling and asking in her language what on earth I was doing pissing off this creature and putting our family in danger.

I stilled. My emotions, my body and my thoughts all freezing.

What was I doing?

This female and her family hadn’t done anything to us, so why was I behaving like this?

Yes, she obviously wanted something. My instincts were all for agreeing with me on that front. But the real Mitchie would wait out her time and see what it was before striking.

Was this a wounded pride thing? The fact these creatures were a lot more powerful than I was?

Or was it the fact that I was so estranged by meeting someone who, by all intents and purposes, was in a way exactly like me and I didn’t really like what I was seeing.

Because, if this really was a mirror into my future self, I didn’t want no part in it.

I wanted vengeance, yes, but I also wanted to move on with my life, get a job, and settle down with my mate and my pack.

And for some reason, I knew that that was what Izzy Mason was looking for, and that I was the means to get it.

Once again her eyes shifted and I wondered if she too could read minds.

“To answer your question She-Wolf, I am 19 years old. I may be immortal, but I wasn’t born when your war had started. And even if I had been, it is not in my job description to get involved with the Supes’ activities unless they set out to harm the greater good of this world. I am only here to keep the balance, to make sure that humans are protected from our secret life and to make sure no creature from this dimension or another disrupts the greater design of things. Is that understood?”

Her tone was cold, but I didn’t expect anything else so I remained quiet and gave a slight nod, still refusing to break eye contact with her.

“For another thing, I also know what it is like to be on the brink of gaining vengeance but never being able to achieve it.” She continued her eyes and tone softening. “I myself only got mine a year ago and that in itself was gruelling, but immensely fulfilling.”

I wasn’t entirely surprised by this, as I had guessed that she had been in a similar situation to mine, but it was still a shock to hear it from her perfectly chiselled lips.

“There is no need for you not to trust me, Mitchie.” She said softly, and her whole face transformed suddenly so she actually looked her age, her aura even seemingly lessening and something within me relaxed. “I understand that I cannot gain your trust immediately, but I’m not someone that you need to class as your enemy. Especially since on this occasion, we are hunting the same monster.”

Now I really was shocked, and I knew my family were just as startled as I was.

“Wait, but I thought you didn’t interfere with Supe activities?” I said, my voice sounding detached from my own body.

“That’s what I had said. But Drax is now hiring all sorts of creatures in an attempt, I’m sure, not just to make sure he tries to defeat you and your packs but also to gain control of every other pack in the world. He has already taken over many lower ranking Werewolf packs as you already have heard the horror stories of, but as he is now going for every other one it is our belief that he will use that power to use against every other creature in this world, and that I won’t allow.”

Her words chilled me to the bone, and I was transported back to the attack on me by the shifter.

What leverage did he now have that these creatures were now doing his bidding? Narcissa was stripped of her powers, so hypnotism couldn’t have been it surely.

Izzy seemed to see the confusion in my eyes. “It is our intelligence that he is rather…persuasive toward the lowly creatures that you had seen my side-kicks fight earlier on, and as you can imagine, if one of those Wares was on an evil tyrants side a lesser powerful shifter or wizard would only be too willingly go on to said side?”

“He’s hiring Ware’s?!” Derek exclaimed from the sofa. “But they’re human for most of the time save a few nights, what does he…?”

Derek and I cringe as we realise just what he could be doing to those Ware’s and realise just how he had gotten them under control.

Anger began pulsating at me once again as I realised just at how much of a lower hand we would be at if what Izzy was saying was right.

“But this is why our meeting is a good one. I can’t directly get involved with this problem unless I am forced to because he has directly hurt me or my sidekicks or one of my human charges, which was why our original plan was to hunt down every alliance he has and eradicate them to lessen the power he is slowly gaining so that your packs would have a fairer fight. But now that you are here on your own mission, we can much sooner get this problem eradicated.

“My solution is this; Lauren is to go with you on your hunt to his location. Once you have found where he is based, you will contact your packs to meet you there, before you go in yourself and get captured.”

Everyone in the room except for her mate stared at Izzy in wide-eyed shock at her statement.

“What?! Are you crazy?!” Matt jumped up just as Liam said, “No way is our sister going anywhere without us!”

Lauren was too busy staring at the Slayer in both confused wonder and relief at probably not having to separate from her mate.

My family and I however were all hung up one thing.

“You want us to be captured?” Tom squeaked in disbelief as Craig cocked his head to the side and tried to think through Izzy’s logic.

Nate was too busy trying to dampen down his happiness that Lauren would be coming with us, and Derek was suddenly by my side calculating the plan as much as Craig and I were.

All three of us looked up at each other in the same instant as we understood just what she was getting at.

“If we enable ourselves to be captured-” Craig began slowly.

“With Lauren with us-” Derek continued just as slowly.

“Then you would have free leverage to intervene.” I finished, and everyone else froze as what we said dawned on them.

This chick sure knew what she was doing.

She smiled wickedly at us, mischief momentarily lighting up her sapphire-like eyes, and every angst that I had against her was instantly gone.

Underneath that coldness was a mischievous girl. I respect that.

“There’s just one thing though.” Craig interrupted. “We’ve had a request from my mum, Alissa Mason, to visit her mother before we go set out to see Caleb Drax.”

It was her turn to freeze in shock. “Alissa Mason? Wait, as in the middle one of the last three true descendants of the Mason Line? But then, that would mean…”

Her gaze once again took me in, but it held a mixture of awe and sympathy.

“Your mother was Clarissa?” At my reserved nod, she smiled. “Well no wonder you’re so powerful, Mitchie. I have studied every spell and potion she has ever created; she was…an amazing witch. You must be so proud.”

I shrugged nonchalantly but on the inside I was becoming an emotional mess at the mention of my mother, my nightmares once again swimming in my mind.

Derek reached over and took my hand in his, and it gave me the strength to remain impassive – at least on the outside.

She tilted her head, her large eyes once again regarding me like an x-ray. Then she nodded in understanding and turned to face Craig.

“Meredith Mason as you’ve probably already guessed is an almost second grandma to me. She is the sister of my father’s deceased mother, but as he had married my human mother I was able to retain the right to the name. The woman is one powerful witch, I will tell you that, and she is highly elusive – which I’m sure you’ve already figured out.”

She reached into the back pocket of her tight skinny jeans and gave what appeared to be, a card to Lauren before once again facing all of us. “This is a metal talisman of sorts. It acts almost like a compass in which it will direct you wherever the holder of the talisman deeply wants to go. Lauren will hold it as she is the only one I’d trust with it as she knows how to control her deep desires so I know it will be used well.”

I didn’t mind her explanation. I know that if I had been the one to hold it, it would lead me straight into that bastard’s lair and then straight home.

“So, just to get this clear, the talisman will direct us to Grandma Meredith’s house and to the Tornado Clan’s lair?” Tom asked as he walks over to Craig.

She nods before checking her time. “It’s soon to be dawn. You should probably head off now as the talisman works best during this sort of time. I’ll want a quick word with Lauren so she’ll meet you at the car.”

Nate didn’t look comfortable about this so I took his elbow waved at the rest of the Powerband and replied with a quick, “Sure,” before going down the stairs, the rest of my family following behind me.

All the while I was thinking, she still hasn’t told me what in the world she and her mate want with me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not edited and I know it needs to be done badly, but it is really long which is good I think considering the amount of time I dont have to myself right now.

So that being said, I do not want any comments pleading for me to upload soon because, you guys have only a week left to wait - hmm, make that two weeks as I want to rest after all this stress I've had to endure - before I am going to be fully committed to doing nothing but writing.

Also I have a twitter account, if anyone wants to follow me? I'm relatively new to the whole thing, so if you do wanna follow me maybe you can also help me out lol. The account name is the same as my Wattpad one cuz I'm original like that :-P

Vote, comment about how this story is now progressing etc, and fan!

Love xxxx :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 34.1K 35
Everything changed when they came out of hiding, terror spread across the world as people began to question if our presidents and our global leaders...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
163K 8.2K 67
Book 3 of the Regal Eclipse Series This book contains spoilers for Book 1 - Alpha King's Missing Mate and Book 2 - The Alpha King's Slave After wi...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...