Chapter 9

Soorry I took so long with this post. But as everyone who read my fan message, you'd know that I was suffering from my worst WB ever. As in no creative juices for any story, imagination in my head, or inspiration from any music, and that's when I knew I needed my break.

Now, I've come back and found the perfect song. 'No Reflection' by Marilyn Manson, which talks about Mitchie's two (or should I say three) sides, that comes out in this chapter. Well at least the chorus.But you'll understand what I mean when you read the chapter.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9

Mitchie's POV

“Look, I know we’re close to being to our destination and all, but can’t we take a break and stop for the night?” Tom whined from the back-seat of the car. “I do not want to fall asleep in the tiny confines of the car next to the blonde dipshit next to me.”

After gaining the next compass of sorts and laying down ‘the law’ to my cousin and his mate, we had decided to go back to the jeep so we could travel to where ever it was we were supposed to go in case it was a long journey (there was no way Craig could run as fast as we could on to human legs while we ran on four wolf legs).

In breach of that decision, since I held the knowledge of the directions we were to take, I got to sit in the passenger seat and therefore Derek got to drive.

This meant that Craig and Tom had to sit in the back with the ‘blonde bitches’ – as Tom so lovingly named them – a matter in which Tom took every opportunity to bitch about.

I guess you could say that, after almost two hours of sitting in the same place with people you’ve just been in a fight with, the tension in the air wasn’t as comfortable as it was painstakingly crushing.

“For the last time you Drama Queen, we are not going to stop for rest and risk sabotaging the power of that compass!” Nate finally snapped, and the reason behind our nickname ‘Commanding Officer Nate’ showed itself as the tension broke to its all-time high.

But just before another fight broke out, the card hissed and formed a golden arrow that pointed west. I looked up to the road, a large sign in the immediate vicinity to us pointing out an exit off the highway that led to a nearby city.

“Actually guys, it looks like there may be a chance we could stop for a bit,” I commented as I nodded my head in the direction the card pointed toward.

Derek immediately caught the gesture from the corner of his eye, and signalled to the other drivers what he was about to do, before getting on to the exit and driving straight into the city.

“In your face you-”

Craig quickly cut off Tom’s insult to Nate. “I doubt Gran would put herself in the city, so why would it lead us here?”

Derek shrugged as he followed the directions I told him, expertly swerving around other drivers as he followed the roads indicated by the card. “Either another one of these card things are here somewhere, or we’re passing by. Who bloody knows?”

“Okay, Lauren, the card is going blue why is that?” I asked as the card began to hiss again as it slowly flooded with colour from the edges then shading in to the centre.

“It’s warning you that the destination of the card is close. When it goes a deep shade of purple you should probably stop the car Derek.” She spoke, the first time she had since the argument, and all the while I had wondered if she had been communicating with her ‘leader’ about us – or more specifically me.