The Storm in My Head

By ThiaHolimon

Watch out for wild Hynemans as I discuss whatever goes on inside my mind (and sometimes outside of my mind). ... More

Introduction
PFP reference chapter
First Day!
Burnt Hair Stinks (But Science is Fun)
What I Hate About My Job
Thia's To-Read List (AKA What I Do When I Should Be Working)
Fun Little Questions
Thia's First Lab Accident
Terry Fox: A Canadian Hero
Book Review: Suee and the Shadow
Fun Little Questions Part 2
Romeo and Juliet
Take Your Kids To Work Day: Trip to the Supply Yard
SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW
Door-Decorating Contest
Why I Despise the Cafeteria (From the View of a Highly Sensitive Person)
New Art Book Up
#1 Finger Hat
Super Smash Bros Melee
How to Survive Reading Northwest Mansion Showdown
New Books (That I Probably Don't Need)
GF Wattys
How to Waste Your Time: Tangerine Edition
Book Review: The Gideon Trilogy
Best. Class. EVER
Birds by Thomas Sanders ft. Dodie Clark + New Book
Valentines Day Flowers and More New Books
Canadian Stereotypes
Canadian Face Reveal
Canadian Treats
Canadian Treats: The Aftermath
3D Printer
Wind is Crazy, Man
Happy Birthday, Tori
I... I don't even know what to call this.
My Pride Story
Happy Canada Day, Eh?
Positivity Challenge

Book Review: The Colossus Rises

45 4 0
By ThiaHolimon

The Colossus Rises is the first book in a five-book series called the Seven Wonders, written by Peter Legrangis. The main character is a thirteen-year-old boy by the name of Jack McKinley. Jack discovers that he, along with his three new friends, have a volatile gene that basically gives them superpowers, but without the powers of seven magical orbs called the Loculi, will kill them before they reach fourteen. Together, they discover the locations of the Loculi, and retrieve the one hidden at the location of the Colossus of Rhodes.

I found The Colossus Rises to be somewhat of a bland read at the beginning, with a few decently irrational choices that somewhat removed my suspension of disbelief. I also felt that the buildup to the action was a little bit slow, which was something that the author could have fixed. However, I enjoyed the characters, and once the story was set up, it went along very smoothly. There are codes and puzzles interspersed throughout the book, which were quite entertaining to try to solve, and watching the characters work out the codes for themselves was equally fun.

All in all, The Colossus Rises wouldn't be my first choice for a good read, but it's certainly not a bad book either. If you don't have any other obviously better-quality options, I'd recommend reading it, even if you just want to screw around with the puzzles inside.

Its library categorization is J Fic Legran.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.2K 197 19
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
31.5K 812 87
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
91.9K 3.6K 8
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
294K 6.7K 87
Sebastian is a daddy that has been looking for his perfect little boy. He eventually meets Oliver who is two years old and most importantly, the perf...