Rejected for being a nerd

By superrrgirI

~~~~ nəːd/ noun a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious. Rude, right... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 8

44.8K 1K 134
By superrrgirI

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

I watch as my toes had to squeeze the slippers, because they were slightly coming off, as the amount of sweat being produced on my feet was like a waterfall. Sweat had appeared at all areas of my body as I slowly walked into the room. The lights were now off and I felt my eyes attempt to adjust to the lack of lighting as I tried to locate Zander.

The tense atmosphere was awful. I opened my mouth to break the silence but it was hard. It felt like I was trying to walk in the deepest depths of the ocean. Impossible, exactly.

My eyes finally find Zander and he's already staring at me with his calculating dark eyes. I shiver in anticipation. I lick my lips nervously as they had gotten dry after my shower. Zander watches the sensual move and leans forward on his elbows. The action make his biceps flex and I almost faint because of that. His biceps were thick and hard and I was filled with the urge to squeeze them then pour chocolate sauce and lick it off of them.

What the fuck?!

PASS ME THE FUCKING HOLY WATER!

I was going crazy! Why was I having thoughts like that about my best friend? Wait, ex-best friend. Whoa, I have a lot of exes. Not really actually, just two at the moment.

Ugh, I was waffling. When I'm nervous, I ramble about nonsense.

I was confused as to why he wasn't saying anything. I blink and look at him expectantly waiting for him to say something but he only stared at me with his intense stare.

My heart was beating rapidly and the room was so silent that I'm sure that he could hear it along with my deep breathing.

Time passed and we continued staring at each other. I was getting bored, so I decided to break the silence.

"Um..." That's all I could muster. One of his perfectly shaped eyebrows raises as if challenging me so say something.

"Can I leave now, Zander?" I whisper, but I know he heard it.

Silence. Again.

There was no way he didn't hear it, it was silent in this room.

After a few long moments he speaks up. "Why do you know my name?" He slowly speaks, emphasizing every word. My mouth literally falls to the ground in shock.

"What do you mean...?" I was dumbfounded. I remembered him clearly so he should do as well.

"It's not that hard of a question. Do I need to spell it out for you?" His lips form a grim line and his eyes give nothing away. The coldness in his words surprise me. He was never this rude before.

"Z-Zander, it's me Jessica! You were in my pack before. Dark Moon Pack. In California! Don't you remember. You were my best friend... You have to remember me... You helped me through my depression." Tears filled my view and I tried to blink them away but they fell anyways. I'm so fucking weak.

"I honestly have no idea who you are or what you're talking about." I try to read him but I can't tell anything. He's definitely not the Zander I knew.

"You- you have to be kidding me..." I sob and I feel snot fall my nose so I rub my arm against it then wipe my eyes with the other arm.

Fucking period and these damn hormones.

"No. Seriously girl, I don't know who you are." He smiles at me which angers me. Girl?

"Stop fucking lying to me! I know you know who I am. Why else wouldn't you have killed me earlier then? Stop this act now Zander! You're fucking making me upset now. So just please say you know who I am." During my rant, I've inched closer to him and he's narrowed his eyes at me.

He remains quiet and glares at me. Stupid me decides to taunt him.

"What? Are you too pussy to admit that you know me and that I beat one of your pack members? A puny girl like me?" A loud threatening growl erupts from his chest and practically shakes the room. His hands are now balled into fists and dark black veins pop out of his head and I squeal and walk backwards.

Now who was the pussy?

"Get out!" He roars and his voice had dropped a few octaves and I scrambled out but not before hearing, "I don't fucking know you, neither do I care about you. You're basically dead to me." My steps faltered and another wave of fat tears fell down my cheeks.

I turn back and look at Zander to see his figure hunched and his head angled towards my direction. His eyes looked cold and distant and I gave him a weak smile and muttered, "That's nice to know... it was nice to meet you. Thank you for sparing my life. I'll be on my way. Alpha." I quietly shut the door and sigh.

I was so sure it was Zander but it turns out it wasn't which crushed me. I rub away the tears on my cheeks and the snot on my nose and wipe it on the shorts I was wearing. It's not like they'll know it's even gone so it didn't matter.

I slowly walk down the corridors having no idea where I was going. While wandering, I come across a huge room. A wonderful room that lifted my dull mood. That room is... the kitchen. As I walk in, I practically taste the amazing taste of food in my mouth.

The sheer size of the kitchen left me a little bit impressed but this whole pack house impressed me. I let my fingers skim over the counter and I suddenly felt like one of those girls in those films who did it and I snort to myself.

As I continued to make myself at home in the kitchen, I feel my body moving towards the refrigerator. I open the fridge and scan it, looking for something to eat. Who can blame me? It's been a long fucking day.

I move towards the freezer and open the draws seeing an array of foods. I was being spoilt for choice. I see a ready meal of spaghetti bolognese and another of a lasagna among other foods. I decide to be kind enough to take the least desirable foods in the freezer. I take the both of them out and place them on the counter top. Greedy? Who's gonna check me?

I pierce the lid of the spaghetti bolognese and put it in the microwave. I listen to the repetitive beeping and tap my fingers on the table while waiting. I was trying to stop myself from thinking about you know who because I knew I'd cry and I didn't want to do that in a place with people I don't know or trust. And I was always crying nowadays.

I watch as the microwave's time decreases and I get a fork so I'm ready to dig in. 5...4...3...2...1...Bing. Finally!

I open the microwave door and bring out the plate of food. I dig in and immediately, the food burns my tongue but I didn't care as I was so hungry. I munch happily and I'm even happier because the food wasn't mine and it wasn't my money. Ha! Don't care!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pat my happy stomach and put the stuff in the bin after washing my fork. I walk towards the door that Cameron dragged me through and take a big breath before walking out. As soon as I step outside, it's as if everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at me. This makes my steps falter but I hesitantly continue walking.

The silence was deafening and the only sound audible was my slippers connecting with my heels. There were about sixty people on the grass spread out but they all stared at me. I wanted to put my head down and run out of there but I knew I couldn't do that. I keep my chin up, face straight and posture even and walked.

I can do this. I can do this.

While walking to God knows where, I realized that I had no form of transport back to the road. The thought made me deflated and I went on with my aimless walking.

After walking for about five minutes, I come across a garage and I do a happy dance in my head. I search for the door and go inside. The room was dark so I search for the lights. Easier said than done. The room was huge and there were like a million cars inside.

I bumped into things like every five seconds, making me grunt in annoyance. You'd think that with all these cars and money this pack has, they would have automatic lights. I roll my eyes when I eventually find the lights. I flip the switch and my mouth basically fell to the ground. There were cars of all different brands sitting in this one huge garage. Shiny. Nice.

Even my pack never had this many cars. All the cars were impressive and I wanted to ride them all.

However, one caught my eye. A Range Rover. I've always wanted to ride in a Ranger Rover and this was my time. I squealed and looked all over the room for the keys.

"Keys...keys... where are you?" I whisper to myself as I shuffle around the huge room. I find the table full of keys. All of them different but luckily there were labels saying which key belonged to which car. My eyes scan over them until I come across the keys. I cheer and pick them up. I make my way to beauty of a car and press the button to unlock the car and get in. Once my bottom touches the velvety seat, I sigh in bliss.

I never want to get up again. I smile to myself and put the keys in the port thing and start the ignition. Before I could even press my foot on the pedal, I realize two things: I didn't know how to drive and how was I meant to get this car out of the garage if there are cars all around.

Well, I never thought about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Callum up at the top.Sorry for not updating in a while. I was busy with homework and when I was finished, I wasn't in the mood for updating. Sorry!!!!

Update finally out. Thanks for supporting me guys. If anyone reading my book has advice for me, please message me because I want to improve to be the best for you guys!Have a good day/ night guys!

Vote. Comment. Follow. Please it would mean the world to me!!!(still your choice but you'll know when I update though.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
3M 135K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
365K 5.2K 27
cliche rejection story read at your own risk
40.4K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...