Where did this come from? (Er...

By Paege_Of_Death

Error and Ink had been fighting for as long as they remember, but neither was ever going to win. So instead I... More

The uneasy truce.
Ink's house.
Bath time
Sleeping troubles.
Day jobs.
Getting somewhere.
Best friends know best.
Meeting new people.
The Sleepover (part 1)
The Sleepover (part 2)
Telling friends.
The End of the Sleepover
Alone Together.
Nightmares
Fights
What happened?
Tired
Everything is fine
Alone
Panic
The Agreement.
The Puppet
Existence
Something's Bothering You...
More Puppets.
The Thing?
A Whole Day.
Hiatus?
The Date

Midnight Conversations.

6.9K 274 435
By Paege_Of_Death

Error woke up to complete darkness. He couldn't figure out where he was for a moment, and why whatever he was in stopped him from moving his legs and arms. He looked to the right and saw Blue and Dream peacefully asleep and remembered. He was Ink's living room in a sleeping bag. But what had woken him up?

Error looked around the room and his eyes settled on the empty sleeping bag next to him. Where was Ink? Error carefully unzipped his sleeping bag and stood up, trying to not wake Blue or Dream. He stood still for a moment until he was sure they weren't awake, grabbed his glasses, then began tip toeing towards the stairs. He saw a light at the end of the downstairs corridor, coming from Ink's art studio. Filled with confusion as to why Ink was in there this late at night, Error began approaching the door.

As he approached he heard the unmistakable sound of someone drawing. Did Ink usually wake up in the middle of the night to draw? He walked up to the door and opened it more than it already was and peered in. He saw Ink sketching with extreme concentration on his face.

"Ink? Why are you drawing in the middle of the night?" Error asked.

"Huh?" Ink turned from his sketching to look at Error. "Error? What are you doing here?"

"I woke up and saw you weren't in your sleeping bag anymore."

"Oh..." Ink looked guiltily down at the ground. "I didn't mean to wake you, I just woke up and couldn't get back to sleep."

"So you went to draw rather than trying to go back to sleep?" Error was slightly concerned about his friend's actions.

"It happens a lot and I can never get back to sleep so I don't bother anymore." Ink put down his pencil and stood up. "It's fine so you can just go back to sleep."

Error sighed. Despite not having much expirience with talking, Error knew Ink was lying about being fine. People who were fine didn't wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to get back to sleep. "What's wrong Ink?" he asked.

"Nothing!" Ink tried to push Error out the room but Error grabbed his hand, visibly flinching from the contact but not letting go.

Ink blushed and looked down at the ground.

"Ink, please tell me what's wrong. I'm your friend, you can trust me!" Error let go of Ink's hand, and looked at him in concern. 

Ink looked up and locked eyes with Error. Ink sighed and looked back down. "I'm just a bit stressed, Ok Error?"

"Stressed about what?" Error asked.

"..." Ink shifted on the spot. "Stressed about you I guess..."

"Me?" Error was filled with guilt, his past actions of destroying worlds lying heavy on his shoulders.

"Yeah... N-not so much anymore though... It was just when, y'know..." Ink murmured.

"When I used to destroy a lot?" Error's voice was filled with guilt. "...when I still destroy..?"

Ink's head snapped up. "No! Wait, I mean yes to the first question but no to the second! Nowadays I'm just more stressed about your mental health, and those voices too..."

Error rubbed his arm with his hand, "But if me destroying made you stressed before, then wouldn't it still do that?"

Ink fumbled about for a response. "W-well that was m-more about...having to fight you then you destroying!"

"Really?" Error looked up and searched Ink's eyes. He could see that Ink was lying about something. "I can handle the truth y'know."

"I'm not lying!" Ink snapped. "It's just that..." Ink knew what was worrying him. It was the whole business of having a crush on Error, and the fear of rejection mixed with the fear of Error getting angry at Ink liking him. Ink was fine during the day, but when lying down and trying to sleep it all lay heavy on him. He sighed, "It's just not something I can tell you..."

Error's eyes flared with anger. "Why not? Don't you trust me?" 

"I do trust you, I just can't tell you!" Ink's voice had a pleading tone, he didn't want this stupid crush to undo all the progress Error had made, but it looked like it was going to. 

"Why not Ink?" Error sounded hurt and angry. "Why can't you tell me?"

Ink snapped. "Because I have a crush on you and I don't want it to ruin our friendship ok! That's what's causing me stress! That's why I came in here to draw!" Ink was crying. Tears were running down his face and he could taste their saltiness as they ran into his 

Error was shocked. He didn't think that this would be the reason Ink was stressed. He felt immensely guilty too. Especially as he saw the tears running down Ink's face. I caused those. He remembered what Dream had said earlier, 'when they're sad you share their sadness'. Was he sharing Ink's sadness? He definitely didn't like that Ink was crying. He took a step towards Ink and hugged him. The physical contact felt strange as it always did but Error was determined to not let go until Ink was alright, and the warmness of the hug helped him not glitch out.

Ink was surprised Error was hugging him, but gladly wrapped his arms around Error and buried his face in Error's chest. Warmth radiated from the hug, and Ink basked in it, his tears starting to slow down until they eventually stopped. Him and Error stayed in the hug for a while longer until stepping out. 

"Thank you..." Ink said, rubbing at his eye sockets.

"That's what friends do, right?" Error gave a small smile, aware he had just rejected Ink.

Ink smiled too, but his eyes were filled with sadness. He kept rubbing his eyes as he replied. "Y-yeah... They do..." 

Ink and Error stood in silence until Ink gave a small, sad laugh. "I made our friendship awkward, didn't I?" He said.

"No..." Error replied "I just need time to think about 'love'. I'm not saying I don't like you back, I'm just confused about it all... I only learned about it today."

Ink nodded his head, comforted by Error's words. "So it's a maybe then?"

"Yep. A maybe." Error replied. "Now, d'you think we've been up long enough?"

"Heh... Probably." Ink said heading towards the door. "I might be able to get to sleep again now."

"I'm sure you will." Said Error following him out, while not really looking forward to being trapped in the sleeping bag again.

They both walked back into the main room, and Error looked slightly surprised that Dream and Blue were both still asleep since him and Ink had spoken quite loudly.

"Don't worry, they're both really deep sleepers." Said Ink.

Error nodded then went to his sleeping bag and climbed in, wriggling round to try to get comfy. Ink watched amused for a few seconds before climbing into his own one. Ink turned to face Error. "Goodnight glitchy."

Error stopped his wriggling to look at Ink. He grinned then said, "night Inky"

Ink smiled and closed his eyes, easily falling to sleep.

Error didn't fall asleep so easily, his thoughts were occupied with thinking about how Ink liked him, and how he didn't deserve it. He killed people! He shouldn't have anyone interested in him. Error decided to no longer destroy and kill. He would ignore the voices, no matter what. This decision allowed him to finally fall asleep.

Author's note.

I did it! And we finally have some progress in the romantic department! 

The next chapter will probably be posted next weekend, so see you then!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 1.5K 37
β†ͺ Countryhumans isn't cringe if you do it right. γ€Š DISCLAIMER 》 β†ͺ This is not meant to offend anybody, it's just my opinion and the problems with the...
4K 234 49
Kokichi is your average little shit of a teenage boy, his main source of entertainment is just him being the class clown and causing trouble to get l...
18.1K 1K 32
Arthur and Francis both have to act natural as they deal with a sudden body swap *edits made* Art by @ poxtra on Instagram
2.7K 118 100
it's been three years since Lena foster Adams and her wife adopted Francesca Taylor Banks foster Adams. a lot change over the years, the twins are a...