What Happened in Vegas

By itz_zubi

"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and... More

what happened in Vegas
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty-eight: the end
☆new story alert☆

chapter three

24.7K 900 17
By itz_zubi

   Emiliana's POV
I yawned before tiredly standing up from bed.  I took the environment around me and it definitely didn't look like my place.  Suddenly realization hit me and I realized I wasn't at home but was In a  friendly man's house who I didn't know his name.

  I attempted to stand up letting the big blanket covering me fall to the floor.  My lips stretched into a smile. He covered me.

My eyes widened in shock when it rested on the golden clock on the wall. 7:05. And I had to be at work by 8. I sprang up and ran to where I guessed was the toilet and I was right.

It was vast and all but I didn't have time to examine it properly.  I took the fastest shower and made my way out wearing what I wore yesterday.  Thank God it was still smooth and presentable.

After dressing up,  I left a little note for the man yesterday and glanced back at the wall clock.  7:29.

******
I arrived at work by 7:50 and hurried to the elevator.  There were lots and lots of people using them and I had to wait for my turn.  I checked my watch and it was 7:56.

Finally,  I got into the elevator and it seemed like forever before I got to the top floor.

When I got to his office,  I remembered I haven't gotten his coffee.  Ill just make up an excuse when I see him.  Besides it was already 8:00 on dot. I knock quietly hoping he didn't hear me but he didn't respond anyways.

I knock harder already getting high hopes of him not being around but still he didn't respond. I opened the door slowly and walked inside. On his table,  there was a steaming hot coffee.  I tiptoed to my seat smiling to myself.

"you are two minutes late" I heard a strong male professional voice behind me.

Oh crap!  He was in the store room,  getting the files himself.

"I got here a long time ago but you didn't give me permission to come in and I heard you didn't like your privacy been interrupted " I say loud and clear.

He looked at me and examined me from head to toe "but you came in anyways "

"ah... I.. " I stuttered trying to find a suitable lie but I went blank.

"I'm sorry sir,  It won't happen again" I assured in a pleading tone.

He looked at me again tilting his head and then nodded running his hand through his silky long hair.

"next time and you're out" he says walking back to his big desk.

"At least he has a little bit of goodness in him" I think and walk back to my small desk compared to his.

"emiliana" he calls looking at some files on his table.

"yes, sir " I answer making myself present before him.

"get me the two recent files from 12b" he says pointing to the shelf that rested on the wall.

I nod and proceed to take it.  I moved my fingers along the shelf searching for 12b only to find out that 12b was at the top. 

Who built this thing so high?

I pulled a chair which made creaking sounds and Mr Raphael looks up at me his face wrinkled in annoyance.

I bend my head to show my apology but continued anyways.

I climbed the chair stretching my hands to reach the top but I needed like a step more to reach.

"I can't reach sir" I say turning around but he was already right behind me.

"just get me the one from 9c then" he says putting his hand in his pocket.

I picked the file with ease and turned around to show him if I had picked the right one but the chair glided away and I stumbled off from it.

I felt strong hands wrap around me and Stabling me on my feet.

My heart was pounding furiously against my chest from the closeness. 

His manly cologne wafted into my nostril and it scented like heaven.

"did you get the files?" he asks in a questioning tone but still collecting it from my hands and walked back to his sit while I stared at him unable to move.

The pounding in my chest was unbearable.  I felt as if my chest would tear open at any time if I looked at him anymore so I sat on my chair covering my face with a big book.

Occasionally when he looked up he caught me staring but I look away quickly avoiding his glassy eyes that looked like they could make the world stop in slow motion.

********

When it was 1:00, I tell Mr Raphael that I'm going for lunch.  He nods his head not even looking at my face and I thank my stars because I might have just hyperventilated feeling his eyes on me.

I stepped outside to the hustle and bustle of the people rushing to the cafeteria to get their lunch and I joined I'm the spree.

"hey" I heard a voice call behind me.

"hi" I answer turning to look at who was speaking. It was the man from yesterday.

He catches up with me and we walk to get lunch together.

"I didn't get to know your name yesterday " I say turning to look at him. 

He looked different wearing a blue armani suit that fitted his tall muscular frame perfectly.

"it's Daniel,  Daniel Martinez " he says smiling brightly.

"I know you are Emiliana Valdez " he says throwing me a side glance as we get our food and walk to an empty table.

"how did you know that? " I ask surprise written all over my face.

"news travels fast,  emiliana Valdez the personal assistant to the hottest man who is the CEO and the best friend to the manager. That's some tittle don't  you think? " he says digging in to his food.

"I didn't know I was so popular " I mused looking around the cafeteria.

"are you comfortable with him? He can be a meanie at times" Daniel asks concerned.

"he isn't so bad" I say my mind traveling back to when he caught me.

"that's good because the PAs that quit all complained of his bossiness.  But you'll  be fine.  OK? " he finished

I smiled at him and we continued to chat away.

********
Lunch ends and I walk back to the office knocking loudly this time.

A "come in" came from inside and I go in and walk to my desk  trying to do some work with my pencil.

I didn't know when time flew but when I checked my watch it was 3:56.

"Emiliana,  you will have lunch with me" Mr Raphael said declaratively putting his jacket on.

"I just had lunch not quite long, sir" I say in a pleading tone not wanting to go out.

"you aren't going there to eat,  you are escorting me" he says annoyed and I feel my face going red.

I pack my bags and follow him out ignoring the stares of other girls who were obviously jealous that I was walking side by side with the most handsome man to them.  No that I mind.

*****
Mr Raphael's car was breathtaking.  It was even prettier than Daniel's car.  I didn't know the brand but it definitely looked expensive with the diamond coated around it.

An elderly man opened the door for us and we entered.  The drive wasn't that long when we arrived at a seven star restaurant. 

I didn't want to go in there.  I wasn't even properly dressed. When we walked in was even worse.  It was like a restaurant with presidents and their wives.  It didn't look like where I should be. 

I didn't know my dress looked this bad earlier. The people in there wore expensive clothes and accessories. I looked just like a pauper wearing worn out clothes, shoes and bags. 

"come on, what are you waiting for" Mr Raphael calls walking ahead of me.

I skipped ahead and caught up with him.  His eyes traveled around the people seated.

A girl girl shot her hand up while standing up and smiling brightly.

Mr Raphael walked quickly and we arrived at the table.  The lady was exceptionally beautiful. 

Who wouldn't know her? She was Amanda Forbes. The model with big sparkling blue eyes that could melt a heart and extremely long legs.  I felt inferior standing beside her.

"hello" she smiles thrusting her fair, painted hand to shake Mr Raphael.  Mr Raphael only held her hand briefly before letting go and sitting down.  She turned to me and smiled nicely before sitting down too.

I moved away to sit on another sit in order not to interrupt their conversation.

"where are you going?, sit here" Mr Raphael says not looking at me.

"she did the right thing, why are you so serious " Amanda says creasing her eye brows.

"no one can tell her what to do because she is my personal assistant and I'm her boss" Mr Raphael says shooting her a glance. 

Something flickered in her eyes but disappeared in an instant.  She looked at me and nodded while I sat down clutching my bag that my knuckles turned white.

A waiter with short blonde hair and green eyes approached us to take our order.

"I'll just take a whisky " Mr Raphael says and Amanda chirped in saying she wanted the same.

"and you ma'am" he asks and I smile nicely and shake my head

"get her a juice" Mr Raphael says and he nods his head and walks away.

"how have you been?" Amanda asks and Mr Raphael nods his head and smiles a little.

"very well, you? Mr Raphael asks.

"fine too.  You must not recognize me,  we attended the same high school even if we never spoke,  your mother must have told you,  right? " she finished

"yes,  she told me.  But I recognized you immediately,  I'm not one to forget people " Mr Raphael says and my head shoots up. 

I hope he really didn't remember me.

The waiter returns shortly with our orders.  Mr Raphael and I took big gulps from our drinks but Amanda only stirred it with her straw. I don't think she likes it.

She and Mr Raphael chatted some more about how life have been treating them especially now that they were both famous and have their names in magazines and newspapers with scandals

After discussing,  we left and I felt relieved.  They seemed really close and I was just a third wheel who speaks when asked a question.

********
The ride back to the company was shorter than when we left.  The company even looked better with all the lights.

When we stepped inside, my heart stopped.

It was big boss and his men again.  They were dressed in suit maybe that's why the security let them in.  But their face didn't look well at all.  The bruises from yesterday was still fresh and I wondered if Daniel was busy with work and wouldn't come out.

Our eyes met and I turned abruptly clutching Mr Raphael's sleeves.

"what's wrong with you? " he asks.

"just like this... For a little while" I beg my voice shaking.

They looked at me disapprovingly  and walked away. They couldn't confront me with Raphael with him.

I still clung to him even when they left. I didn't want to leave him because he was like my good luck charm. 

Hey guys don't forget to vote, comment of what you think about this chapter and share.

Love you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
2.1M 50.4K 38
''Sweetheart you'd do well to listen to me when I say you're mine. Do you understand?'' He said, his eyes flashing with anger. Well I was just as enr...
4K 106 33
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
33.7K 647 23
⚠️ WARNING: 1/3 series book ⚠️ ------------------ "So, Miss Connery." He skimmed his index finger over the edge of my desk as he slowly made his way...