Love Never Dies

By darkbutjustatheart

Steena grew up with Ivar, she loved him her whole life. When her life is turned upside down, she can express... More

Part 1.
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24.
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter

4.2K 92 10
By darkbutjustatheart

We got to the land, it was beautiful, very different from Kattegat. It was warmer too, we were making camp.

"What did you think of this land?" Ivar asked me.

"I love it, it is so different from Kattegat, it is warmer." I kissed him.

"My love, look at that." He pointed to Brynjar and a shielmaiden.

They were talking, but I know that look. They are in love, deeply in love. I don't like that, he is my baby, and I don't trust that girl. Not until I get to know her more, know her intentions with my son.

"What is it? You do not like that?" Ivar asked teasing me.

"Ivar, I do not want that this girl break the heart of our son, do you know who is she?" I was really worried about this.

"No, but if you are so worried, ask Eirik, you know they tell each other everything." He kissed my cheek and left.

I was going to ask Eirik before I ask Brynjar, I need to know who this girl is.

"Mother, what happened? You look worried." Eirik asked me with a frowned face.

"Eirik, who is that girl that was talking to Brynjar?" I asked looking at him.

"Mother, I do not know what you are talking about." He stopped looking at me in the eyes, I knew he was lying.

I always know when my children are lying to me, I think this is why they almost never lied to me, almost.

"Eirik, you are lying to me. Who is that girl." I asked again, with a serious tone.

"Mother, I think you should ask Brynjar. He needs to tell you, not me." He signed and left me.

I was going to do that, I was going to ask Brynjar about that girl.

I was night and the army was making a fire, they were dancing, telling histories, drinking and eating.

I saw Brynjar, he was drinking alone. This was a perfect time to talk to him, I need to make sure that he's not going to get hurt.

I sat next to him.

"My son, what are you doing here alone?" I asked him, I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Mother, I need to talk to you." He said with a serious face.

"But first, let me ask you something." I said to him and he nodded.

"Who is that girl you were talking earlier, that shielmaiden?" I asked, looking at him in the eyes.

"Is about her that I want to talk about, she is the woman I want to marry." He said to me and my eyes widened.

"What? Brynjar, do you know this girl? Is she right for you? I do not want you to get hurt by her, you do not deserve that." I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Mother, I am sure she loves me, the same way I love her." He smiles at me, and I see something that I never see before in his eyes.

"You really love her? She really loves you?" I asked again.

"Yes mother." He said to me.

"Alright, but I want to know her. I need to know if she is worthy of you, worthy of your love." I said to him.

"I can bring her right now." He starts to act like a child, I'm happy for him. If this girl makes him happy, I will love her like a daughter.

Brynjar came with the girl, she looked terrified.

"Mother, I want you to meet...." I could see that she is nervous, I think that she's a good girl.

"Brynjar, go find your father." I said to him and he left.

"Sit next to me." I asked her and she did.

"What is your name?" I said softly.

"Dagny." She said with a shaky voice.

"Dagny my child, you do not need to be afraid. I can see that you love my son, and that is all what matters to me." I put my hands on hers, and she smiles brightly at me.

"Are you serious?" The smile on her face made me chuckle.

"Of course, I was worried, because I do not want my son to get hurt. But you make him happy, and now you are like my child." I smiled at her and she hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much, I was afraid that you were not going to approve me." I could see the tears in her eyes.

"Why I would not approve you? You are a shielmaiden, you love my son, there is no reason why I would not approve you." I put my hand on her cheek and I wiped the tears off her face.

"Because, I am simply a farmer's daughter. My parents died and now I have no family, Brynjar is your son. He is the son of the great Ivar the Boneless, you are the daughter of Kaya and Brynjar. And I am a nobody." She looks down and I put my hand on her chin, making her look at me.

"That does not matter to me, you are like my daughter already. You have a family now, a big one." I laugh and she chuckles.

"Thank you Steena, Brynjar was right, you are really good." She smiles and I hugged her again.

"Come to our tent, we will eat. I am sure that everyone will be happy to meet you." I said to her and her eyes widened at me.

"Are you serious?" She asked a little distrustful.

"Yes, I am sure that Ivar will be happy to meet the woman that makes his older son happy." I smiled and she nodded.

"I will call you on your tent." I said to her, she nodded again and left.

I find Brynjar and he's with some friends, he sees me and runs towards me.

"Mother, what did you think of her?" I could see the apprehension on his face.

"I love her already, I invited her to eat with us." I said to him and he hugged me.

"Thank you mother, I am so happy." He kissed my cheek and didn't stop smiling.

"How did you meet her?" I asked curious.

"Well, she saved my life. A man was going to kill me from behind and she killed him first, she is a great shielmaiden. She is brave and beautiful, I love her mother." I could see the love in his eyes.

"I can see that, my father did the same for my mother." I told him.

"Yes, I remembered from the histories you told us when we were little." He smiled.

"She is good to you, and I promise you, I will treat her like a daughter." I promised him and he kissed my knuckles.

"Thank you mother." He said to me.

"I want grandchildren pretty soon." I chuckled and he laughs.

"I give you and my father, many grandchildren. Do not worry." He laughs again.

"Go find Dagny, we will eat soon." I told him, he nodded and went to find Dagny.

I entered our tent and I see Ivar, he was sitting down, looking at the fire.

"My love, someone is coming to eat with us." I hugged him and I kissed his neck.

"Who?" He asked a little annoyed, Ivar didn't like other people with us.

He always said that he loves to spend time with us, only us.

"Dagny, the girl that Brynjar loves." I said to him.

He pulled me and I sat on his lap.

"And you are fine with that?" He smirked at me.

"Of course I am, I met her and she really loves Brynjar. I see her as a daughter already." I caress his hair.

"You are so good wife." He starts to kiss my neck.

"Ivar." I moaned his name, it's amazing to me how well Ivar knows my body.

I put my legs on each side of the chair.

"Ivar, I need you." I whisper in his ear.

"Steena, I want you right now." He starts to lift my dress.

"By the gods, that is disgusting." Eirik screams and I quickly got up.

"Well, let's eat." I went to the table and Eirik and Ivar followed me.

The slaves put the food for us, Balder and Audhild came and sat on the table, right after came Halstein. The only ones that were missing was Brynjar and Dagny.

After a few minutes, Brynjar and Dagny showed up. I was happy that she came, I thought that she wasn't going to.

"Everyone, this is Dagny. Dagny this is my family. Audhild, Balder, Halstein and you already know Eirik, my father Ivar and my mother Steena." Brynjar said full of pride.

"She is beautiful, what she is doing with you?" Balder asked and everybody laughed.

"I like him already." Dagny says and everyone laughed again, except Brynjar.

They sat down and we talked for hours, everyone liked her. She's a good person, she will be a great mother someday, I'm sure of that.

After that every body went to bed.

"What did you think of her?" I asked Ivar.

"She is a good woman, she makes my son happy, I like her." He kissed my neck.

"I am glad, she will be a great mother." I said to him.

"I am sure of that." Ivar said to me.

"Balder, talked to me. He wants to fight." I sat on the bed and looked at him.

"What did say to him?" I asked worried.

"I said that he was not ready yet, but after we come back, I will train him myself." He puts some hair behind my ear and I signed relieved.

"He told me that you said he should asked me first. Why? You do not want him to fight." Ivar frowned at me.

"Ivar, I will never discourage our sons if they want to fight. No matter how much breaks my heart." I said to him.

"You are a great mother." He kissed me again.

"I love you Ivar."

"I love you Steena."

So, those were the bonus chapters. I hope you guys liked it, thanks to Fizzsgirl, I wouldn't do them if it wasn't for you.

Tell me if you guys liked them, I love to read your thoughts about my history.

I will post my new history tomorrow, I'm excited about it.

Thank you guys so much for the support, for reading, voting and commenting. It makes me really happy. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 36 1
When the Vikings raid your lands, they destroy all you hold dear. Being the good Christian that you are, you hold onto to the hope that all will retu...
68.7K 2.1K 29
"And what happened then?" He obviously knew that she was referring to her. Ronja gave a deep sigh as if her heart was burdened down by the thoughts. ...
25.2K 534 19
This is the story of a princess sold like meat to a Viking. She is forced into loving him until she really does, her life tinted by the presence of a...
86.9K 2.1K 36
The gods have spoken, One of Ragnar sons will marry a Queen. This new King leaves the queen new challenges to face, ones she has never faced before.