Split Your Soul (Drarry) (Boy...

By WhisperingDeath

Often times in life, many of us get screwed over, by life itself, unfortunately. Constant drama between two... More

Drarry Prophet Reviews
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Hello new story
Epilogue
Skeeter's Gossip Column

Chapter 38

7.3K 265 141
By WhisperingDeath

Harry's POV:

"Hurry up Harry." Draco rapped on the bathroom door, impatient as ever. "Just wait, would you. I'm making myself beautiful." I looked at myself in the mirror. My shaggy black hair flopped over my eyes, so I pushed it back to reveal sparkling green ones. "You're already beautiful enough. Let's go." Awh, Draco still manages to be lovely even when he's being impatient.

"Alright. I'm coming." I took one last look in the mirror, examining myself dressed in tight dark wash jeans and a grey knit jumper. It was perfectly comfortable. The boots on my feet covered up to my ankles, and I really liked them. Turning around, I up clicked the lock on the door and opened it.

Draco was standing in front of me with his arms crossed and a small frown on his face. "You took forever. But you look beautiful." I blushed at the compliment as I looked Draco over. He was wearing something similar, only black tight jeans and a white jumper. Who let him near muggle clothing. And why would they do that? He's killing me now.

"So do you." I murmured and walked into his embrace. I could feel Draco's nose snuffling around in my hair and then on my neck. What is he doing? "You smell lovely!" Do I now? I smirked against his shoulder and let out a small chuckle. "Shan't we be going, mister Draco?" A cocky smile came over Draco's lips as he pulled away, grabbing me by the hand. "Alright then, let's go."

Together, we snuck out of the Castle and down to the Black Lake.

~

Draco had planned a boat ride and now I was sitting in a boat in the middle of the lake. My legs were dangling over the edge of the boat, up to my calfs in water. I had my jeans rolled up at the knees, and my feet were tingling from the cold water.

I watched Draco as he watched the sunset, making littler noises of appreciation every so often. He hadn't slicked his hair back today, instead choosing to leave it soft atop his head. Draco was sitting up in the boat, one leg up to his chest and the other crossed on the boat floor. I splashed my feet gently, every so often.

When I looked back at Draco, he had a small frown on his lips and he looked deep in thought. I sat upright, instead of leaning against the boat edge, and turned to Draco. "What are you thinking about?" I laid a hand on his thigh and his eyes shot to mine. Something flashed in them, but it was too quick for me to tell what it was.

"Oh nothing. Just my thoughts drifting off and a lot of stuff." He softly answered and went back to staring off. "This is wonderful. Thank you for bringing me out here." I murmured to Draco and shifted my body so I was laying back down with my head on his thigh. Absentmindedly, he brought a hand to my hair and began playing with it.

"You're welcome. I love you, you know that? A whole lot. More than I could ever count and more than you could ever know." What a beautiful, sappy idiot I have. I grinned up at Draco and lifted a hand to trace along his jaw line. I love the feeling of his smooth skin passing under my fingertips.

"I know. And so do I. You mean the world to me. Please don't leave me again. That was the most awful two weeks of my life. It was worse than when uncle Vernon used to beat me..." I trailed off softly and my hand dropped from Draco's face. His smile faltered and his eyes held a pained look. Did I say something wrong? Slowly I sat up and retracted from Draco. Maybe I did say something wrong. Dammit, I always do that and I don't even know it.

"Where are you going?" Draco smooth voice called over my shoulder as his hand clasped around my wrist, pulling me back to his chest. "I thou- you were- I don- I-" I sighed, giving up on speaking. "Relax, you did nothing wrong. It was just the thought of your uncle beating you. And when you compared me leaving you to that thought, it hurt a lot. And I'm really sorry for that." There was an uneasy look in Draco's eyes and an off note in his voice, but I decided to leave it alone.

"It's alright, it just hurt. But you're here now and that's all that matters." I gave Draco a small grin and stuck my fingers in the bone chilling water. When he looked away, I flicked my wet fingers at him. "Oi, that's not nice! You do realize its so cold, your going to freeze your toes off." Draco raised an eyebrow, playing with my hands.

I moved my head from his leg to his lap and snuggled in closer. "It's supposed to snow soon." I watched as Draco tilted his neck to look up at the sky. The movement revealed the silky smooth arch that is his neck. Oh, the things I could do with that neck. Shaking my head to clear the thoughts, I answered Draco. "Yeh?"

"Yeh, and it's going to get freezing." Draco's voice was calm and I loved listening to him when he talked. He had a beautiful voice. "I can handle the cold. I've had worse." He patted my head and looked down at me. "So, can you feel your feet?"

"Of course I can, see?" I wiggled my toes to prove my point, and and he furrowed how brows but smiled anyway.  "Well, never mind then. But it's so cold, you best pull your legs back in, you're going to get sick!" Draco was up on his knees as I was sitting up. I had to bite my lip to keep from smiling. It's so cute how much he cares. No ones ever cared this much before. Except Hermione, but that's different.

"Okay, help me then? My legs feel ten times heavier already." I traced humour in my eyes as I spoke but Draco still looked a bit worried.

I tried to move my legs from the water myself, but the boat rocked dangerously. "Don't. You're not flipping this boat over." Draco's voice was stern and scared. He out a hand on my thigh to keep me from moving and it tingled warmly. "I'll help you."

Draco grabbed ahold of one of my legs and tried to lift, but my limb was too heavy for the angle he was sitting at. I laughed out loud at how funny he looked, trying to yank my leg from the water. He frowned at me, "hey, I am trying to help you here," before he moved himself into what he thought was a better position. The boat rocked again, Draco tried one last time to heave one of my limbs into the boat, and in it flopped. However, the boat was already flipping itself over.

The water was was a whole new level of freezing as my whole body became submerged in it. My legs were already tingly with icy needles, and now my body was too. I kicked my legs as best I could, having never learnt proper swim techniques, and broke the surface, blue and Fucking freezing. Draco was suddenly beside me, trying to grab ahold of me and keep us both afloat.

"L-l-l-oo-k wh-o t-t-t-ippe-d the bo-b-boat no-w." I clenched my teeth against the cold. "My body is starting to go numb." It is so freezing cold. And Draco's lips were an icy blue, I'm sure mine were probably the same.

"Th-that's because it's s-o-o so cold, so v-very c-c-cold." Draco tried to speak, but only small squeaks came out. "L-let's get o-out of h-h-here!" Agreed, please, let's get out.

Slowly and strugglingly, we swam to the surface - or rather, Draco swam and pulled me along, me kicking with what little power I had - leaving the boat in the middle of the lake. A few times, I went under and couldn't see anything through the murky black water. We made it to the bank and the wind whipped around us, dancing on any bare skin. It was worse than being in the water.

"T-this is w-wors-e." Draco teeth chattered as he climbed on top of me where I was huddled on the bank. "Y-yes b-b-but one d-day we wil-l look bac-k at th-is-s an-d l-l-laugh s-stu-stu-pid-ly." I stuttered coldly, the wind shivering not helping. "Me too. H-how abou-t w-we g-go to the b-b-bathr-room and t-take a nice w-warm bath?" I agreed with Draco though a mumble of strangled words, eager to get away from the cold.

Draco's lips were extremely blue and I got a bit worried, so I hurried along our slow walk. My skin was dry, but my clothes were sopping, making it unbearable. They were heavy and every time I walked, they sloshed against my body, making each step horrible. I'm pretty sure it was the same for draco too.

"Harry. c-carry me!" Draco unpaved himself from me and jumped so his leg wrapped around my hips. He wrapped his arms around my neck and shook horribly against my chest. Maybe he was worse off than me cause he had less muscle fat, less body weight. My poor darling.

"W-wimp!" I breathlessly chuckled as I grabbed Draco's legs so he was stable. I raced through the castle freely, as all other students were either in the commons rooms or at dinner.

Draco pressed his cold lips to my neck and I shivered even more. He was still quiet and in unusual thought, like he had been for most of the day. my hair dripped water down my neck and it felt like thousands of stinging icicles.

I pushed open the prefects bathroom door and rushed inside, locking it behind me. I set Draco on the floor and shuffled to the taps.  Hot water came spewing out as soon as I turned the knob and it fell into the giant tub like a waterfall. Steam arose from the water and swirled around in the air. I breathed it in and it immediately unblocked my nose.

Turning around, I saw Draco with his jumper already off and his pants halfway at his legs. He was struggling to get them the rest of the way off, so I straggled over to help him. "Here, let me!" I grabbed the end of his jeans and shrugged them from his feet.

Once his jeans were off, I left him to his boxers and took off my own jumper. The jeans were hard because they were bloody wet. I eventually managed and stripped off my underwear and joined Draco in the deliciously hot water.

I let it soak into me and gave out a long sigh. "This feels so much better!" I moved over to Draco and cuddled next to him, enjoying the hot bubbly water. "Hi." Draco breathed as I tucked into his shoulder. I still gave off the occasional shiver, still slightly cold. Apparently Draco noticed. "Oh god, I hope you don't get sick. This is all my fault!"

His hands slid over my face and I grabbed them and pressed kisses to the palms. "It was worth it though." When I looked back at Draco's eyes, he had a strange look in them. It was the same uneasy look from the boat.

"Draco-." I was cut off by Draco speaking. "Harry, I have to tell you something." His voice scared and urgent sounding. It made me suspicious. Did he do something wrong?

What the future holds, you will see. Turn a blind eye and miss what could be a fateful disaster.

Oh no you don't. Get out of my head.

I was only trying to help. Besides, I can't get out of you're head. I'm in your head for a reason.

Yeh, well, you can get stuffed.

I turned my attention back to Draco who was looking at me with frantic eyes. "What is it, dray?" I grabbed his face in my hands and his eyes diverted away from mine. He pulled me onto his lap and his hands went to mine on his face. I watched carefully as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When they opened, his once silver eyes were a darker bone chilling colour.

I'm not even being apprehensive anymore. In fact, I don't even know whats happening. "Draco?" My voice shook in worry. "Harry. I have to leave you again." Draco's eyes bore into my own and I blinked owlishly. What?does he mean what I think he means? Does he have to go away to 'protect' me?

"What?" I very well know what he said, but I had to here it again. Just to be sure. "I have to leave you again..." Draco repeated. His chill stare still bored into me and it was a little unnerving. I just, I couldn't do this. Not again. Didn't he know how much he made me suffer again?

I climbed off of Draco's lap and crawled to the other side of the bath. "Why?" His head hung low and his shoulders slumped. "You know why, Harry!" He groaned and I fumed. "I don't need your fucking protection, Draco. Don't you know how much your hurt me when you left?" I growled and climbed out of the tub.

"Yes you do, what happens if someone hurts you?" Draco climbed out as well, bubbles and water glistening in the light of the bathroom. "What if someone hurts you? Then what? What am I supposed to fucking do then?" He can't do this to me again. He just can't.

"Then at least you'll be safe because they will only be after me." No. Just no. I tugged on my hair and stomped my foot. "If you die, what am I supposed to do? Find someone else? Is that what you want me to do? I'd rather suffer in misery than find someone else." Without looking at Draco, I bent down and grabbed my wand out of my pocket.

I cast a quick drying spell on my clothes and slipped then on without further notice. "Yes, I would want you to find someone else." I whipped around and walked up to Draco, a seething glare set on my face. "No listen. Who you were gone, you out me in such misery. I suffered because yo weren't here. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't focus, I couldn't function properly. You were on my mind all day. It became such a problem that I had to ask Snape for calming draught and sleeping potions." I put my hand up as he went to say something.

I stepped into my boots and yanked them up angrily. "You can't do this to me again. You can't protect me from everything, Draco. There are a lot of things that you don't know about that I've been through. As I said on the boat, when you left me, it was worse than when I got beatings by uncle Vernon." Hot tears stung my eyes and leaked down the side of my face as I hissed words at Draco.

What the future holds, you will see. Turn a blind eye and miss what could be a fateful disaster.

What does that even mean? Did you know that Draco had to leave again? It this the fateful disaster? And why do you only say something when there is a problem?

I didn't get an answer from the stupid voice. I watched as Draco's face crumbled and his eyes flashed with hurt and pain. "You don't understand. This is for your own good. I have to do this Harry. And I know I can't protect you for everything, but I can try. Because I can't lose you." Lose me, are you kidding me right now? I'm the one losing him.

"No Draco. I'm giving you a choice. Either you stay or I'll go. And that will be the end of it." I choked on a sob and bit my lip to stop more form coming out. Draco's eyes widened before they narrowed into small slits. His wet hair was messy and he had just slipped on his own clothes.

"Go? Go where?" I dragged a hand down my face and took in the surroundings of the prefects bathroom. The candles made the room brighter and dimmer in some places. And it was awfully big. "Go as in I'll leave. Break off the relationship and go back to being archenemies. Because I can't take anymore pain, Draco. I thought you would know that by now." I turned around and walked towards the door.

Draco's voice called after me but I didn't listen. His hand curled around my waist and brought me to his chest. Did he make a choice? Was he staying? Hope surged in my chest. "Are you going to stay?" A few stray sobs racked my body and I forced them to stop.

Draco's body stiffened. "Harry, you know I can't. I have to go." The hope in my chest was crushed. I was crushed. Immediately, I pulled away from his arms and walked towards the door again. "I love you Harry. So so much. And I will come back for you." That's doubtful. "It was nice knowing you, Malfoy." I spat his name out with venom over my shoulder as I left through the door. Goodbye Draco. Thank you for nothing.

X

Oh dear. What do we have here? Draco has broken Harry's heart and now Harry is giving him the cold shoulder. What will Draco do?

Ok, well, I maybe sort of said that I would write 2 chapters today, but I'm a lazy git and can't be bothered to do it. So I'll just write it tomorrow. And now that school has started, I won't be able to post everyday because shitloads of homework.

Hope you enjoyed to chapter and are in severe suspense of the next one.

I bid you goodbye and will write tomorrow.

Have a good day or night depending on where you are. Bye

Don't be a fucking ghostie!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 11.5K 56
Well, the title says it all.... Here are some snaps into the lives of one of our power couples, Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter! Let me get this straig...
336K 14.5K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
157K 3.4K 15
After an argument between Harry and Ron and Hermione, Harry spends a lot of time on his own. One day, he can't stand being alone and out casted. He c...
88 2 1
[One-shot] Pairings: implied Drarry at the end, Hinny (One-sided), Ginny/OMC Genre: Romance, Drama, Tragedy. AU: The Potters lived. No Voldemort. Pub...