Under The Wisteria Tree- Cind...

By UltimateFangirlLlama

Matthew is a loner-a quiet boy who's used to being overshadowed by his brother and everyone around him. He's... More

Chapter 1-Matthew
Chapter 2 - Gilbert
Chapter 3-Matthew
Chapter 5-Matthew
Chapter 6 - Gilbert
Chapter 7-Matthew
Chapter 8 - Gilbert
Chapter 9-Matthew
Chapter 10 - Gilbert
Chapter 11-Matthew

Chapter 4 - Gilbert

175 11 7
By UltimateFangirlLlama

A.N. Heyo, chummy pal buddy amigo friends lit squad fam, wassup?! Sorry this is really late, I'm terribly irresponsible, I'm pretty much the reason this story might drag. I just wanted to say, Thank you guys SO SO SO SO SO MUCH for 39 reads and 6 votes! It means a lot to us! And even though it doesn't sound like much to some big time author, I think it's absolutely fantabulous~ 

Okay, inspirational quote of the day time! Stay in school if you're still in school or being homeschooled! If you're not in school yet, then HOLY DOITSU, YOU'RE A SUPER GENIUS, ALL HAIL THIS AMAZING LITTLE HUMAN BEING! If you're out of school, then you have enough money to get something to read this on and enough time on your hands to read our story, so keep doing what you're doing, because it's working for you! Keep being great, my lovelies!

So, this is the chapter where Mattie and Gil meet, and OH MY DOITSU THEY'RE BOTH SUCH DORKS! Just - I love this chapter, I think this is my favorite of the ones I wrote~

Also, you'll get the picture when you get a good portion of this done. Again, WE OWN NOTHING!!

(P.S.: Feel free to comment, I low-key-high-key love comment chains and jokes in the comment section, that's one of the things I check for first!)

~See ya soon, peeps; Llama Queen~

A.N. Small edit! No need for a re-read! I just found out that polack is actually a racial slur, so I most certainly won't be using that word here!

*******************************************

Gilbert had woken up most of the castle by screaming into his pillow.

"Gott, can you be any louder, bruder?" Ludwig questioned through the open doorway, already dressed (like always) and irritated.

"I can't help it, I'm nervous!" Gilbert wailed.

"I told you, this ball is nothing to worry about. It'll be fine."

"It's not that! Well, it kind of is. But it's also..."

"What?"

"...I -" Gilbert hesitated.

"East, spit it out."

"...I forgot to fluff the pillow for Feliks."

"Seriously East?! That's what you're worried about?!"

"No, you have no idea how angry he gets. You have to get out-"

"I SWEAR TO GOD, GILBERT! I'M, LIKE, GONNA TOTALLY MURDER YOUR ASS!"

The blond ball of fury kicked his door down and entered his room in a similar manner as the day before, except this time, he was so furious the steam coming out of his ears was near-visible. Ludwig, finally understanding the severity of the situation, turned to his brother and uttered one word.

"Run."

Together, they dashed to the closest window and jumped out.

***************

After nearly running the perimeter of the castle grounds and being beat up by a small yet relentless teenager, the three ate breakfast and Gilbert apologized for not preparing the pillow correctly. A couple hours later, the preparations for that night were set and the Great Hall was ready for the gold-themed night. There were streamers everywhere, gold balloons, and a gold carpet for the people to enter on. In Gilbert's opinion, it looked like the sun had thrown up on the ballroom, but he had to agree that it looked nice, so he got dressed in his golden suit. Ready to face the ball, he took a deep breath, and walked out his bedroom door...

...And promptly turned around, shutting the door behind him.

I can't do this! It's too important! He heard Ludwig knock on his door and shout something about being late. Calming down, Gilbert forced himself out the door and shut it behind him. There was no going back, so it was up to fate to keep him from ruining his life. Gott, I'm a sad person.

Gilbert entered the ballroom and made a beeline for the balcony where he was going to be for the beginning of the night, until everyone got there and he got his bearings of where to go when. He saw people entering the room in waves, and music had been playing as they entered. It was a lot smaller than he expected. The room was barely half filled, and that was including the decorations and tables of food (which were being ravaged by a certain brunet).

"Hey, Toni?" Antonio, one of Gilbert's closest friends, was standing with Gilbert while he was getting ready to go down to the floor. "Can you take Ludwig down there to talk to people? He needs to relax, too."

"Sure, mi amigo, I wanted to go get some food anyway - hey, who's that guy? He's eating all the tomatoes!" And there went Toni running down to confront said brunette, distracted like always.

"Take West with you!" Gilbert called after him. His friend grabbed Ludwig as he raced by, not slowing down to explain the situation to the younger prince.

He groaned as he also exited the balcony, leaving behind the sanctuary. He greeted someone entering the door at the moment.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you!" he said, with a charming smile. Hopefully this wouldn't be an annoying one...

"Hey, what's up, prince-dude! The name's Alfred!"

...Ugh, it was an annoying one.

"Good to know, Alfred. So, how are you?" It's just small talk, it's just small talk.

"Good, how're you - oh shit, yo, I gotta go, there's someone I've been meaning to talk to and he's right there! Sorry, have a good evening! Later, bro!"

...And another person ran off. Well, he seemed nice enough.

The doors opened again. It was quiet and almost no one noticed except Gilbert, it seemed. It also looked as though no one entered, and Gilbert's interest was sparked immediately. Looking over and seeing Toni occupied with the tomato-stealing brunet and Ludwig in conversation with...another brunette? They looked like like twins, and they had matching strands of hair that curled away from their heads. Eh, it looked like they were both busy. Dodging people and tables, he made his way to the door to greet whoever had come late. They ought to be interesting, coming so late, I wonder what they-

His thoughts were rudely interrupted by himself when this boy in front of him made his mind go blank and heart screech to a stop. Gilbert skidded to a halt in an attempt to not barrel right into the newcomer. He managed to stop himself, but could only stare at the gorgeous being he was in the presence of.

The boy had white-gold hair, almost the same color as his suit. His eyes were nearly purple, more so than the night sky that could be glimpsed through the windows in the hall. His wavy hair was nearly shoulder length, with a curl that looked curiously like those of the brunettes he had seen earlier, except the blonde's curl was in his pale face, blocking his metal-rimmed half moon glasses. The only splash of color in this boy's outfit, like Gilbert's, was his tie, which was a light purple. He looked like an angel.

Well, I'm screwed.

Gilbert steadied himself, and went to introduce himself to the angel in human clothing. He had started towards the tables where the twins Gilbert had noticed were, but the prince still didn't want to be forced back into the social scene. Speeding up his walk, he just managed to trip over his own feet, stumbling into the blond boy - doing the one thing he had been trying not to do. This evening just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

"Oh, I'm sorry! I tripped! Um, hi, were you looking for someone?" Gilbert asked, and couldn't help staring at how the other's eyes widened in surprise when he address him, how realization hit his face in a light blush, how he opened his mouth to respond...oh shit! He said something!

"Um, are you okay there? You look kinda tired," the boy who Gilbert had started to think of as an angel had concern showing plainly on his face.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. Were you saying something?" Could this get anymore embarrassing?

"Just my name. I'm Matthew," he said shyly, blush renewed as he held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Matthew. I'm Gilbert." Gilbert shook it, letting his hand linger for a moment too long.

"...Yeah, I kinda know..."

"Oh right, of course you know!" You bet your ass it can, a little voice in Gilbert's head whispered. Matthew giggled a little at his mistake, and the sound brightened Gilbert's day up a little. "So, are you having a good time?" What the fuck, Gil? He literally just got here, and you know it. Idiot.

"I just got here, so I haven't really had a chance to enjoy the ball yet."

"You want to go outside? Wait, shit, you just got here, you probably want to stay here for a bit, sorry, I'll just -"

Matthew laughed again, cutting him off. "It's alright. Crowds aren't really my thing anyway. I'd love to hang out. Do you have any place in mind?"

...He didn't know what he was thinking about when he asked Matthew if he wanted to go outside. What did he think would happen? There was one place, and Matthew seemed like he could be trusted with the knowledge about his hiding place.

"Actually, I do. Unless you're hungry, we can go right now!"

"I think I'm good. Let's go to...wherever it is we're going." Matthew said, a small smile still present on his face.

***************

After picking up some food (Gilbert still felt guilty about not letting Matthew eat), the two made their way outside and the prince led the way to the one place no one ever bothered him in. The little garden was filled with different flowers and trees, and it had a swing hanging from the wisteria tree in the middle.

Matthew looked a little stunned, stopping in the doorway for a second to take it in. Then his face broke into a grin. "It's so beautiful..."

"Yeah, I grew all the plants from seedlings. It's really relaxing," Gilbert said, proud of his garden. "Do you want to sit on the swing, Matthew?" What if he's not having fun? Hmm, I wonder where my insecurities went- OH LOOK, there they are!

"Only if you don't mind!" He's so cute. Shut up, Gil! You just met him! "You can call me Mattie if you want, only my parents call me Matthew."

"Okay, Mattie. Come on, it's really fun." The prince led Matthew to the swing. Taking a seat, he glanced at the flowers hanging from the tree.

This isn't half as bad as I thought tonight would be...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 77 8
New oneshot book because the other one confused me 😭😭😭 Nick - 🪁 Matt - 🧊 Chris - 🥧 NO Y/N I just can't bring myself to write stuff that sorry...
3.5M 111K 35
Nathan, a shy boy, is a closet gay. No one knows besides people close to him. He figures he'll never find a person who will love him. That is, unti...
8.1K 359 26
A fluffy story about two boys who undermine their chances of being loved.
1.8K 102 25
When Samuel finds himself lost and incapable of facing his problems and the whole lot of insecurities he'd built up from childhood, he comes to reali...