An Alpha's Kiss | ✔️

By Dark-Shadow

(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silentl... More

An Alpha's Kiss - Story Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 25

28.9K 1.6K 196
By Dark-Shadow

~Aya

I nervously fiddled with my fingers as I sat on one of the armchairs of Jace's study. The deadliness of his stare when he ordered us to meet him here had Leila and I secure off like we were running from an invasion.

We didn't need to be told twice, darting out of the hallway and into his study. It was the first time I see Leila that scared, to an extent that she was about to shit in her pants.

I don't blame her though, I didn't look any better. The look on my face was probably ten times worse. It was the first time Jace uses that kind of authoritative tone on me. The love that usually radiates his eyes when he stares at me was gone, replaced by nothingness.

And I hated it.

I know, I know, burning Veronica's wrists wasn't a good move on my part but she asked for it. It wasn't like I was going to let her distort my face with those scrappy claws of hers.

It may have looked like I was the one attacking her not the other way round, which is why I understood Jace's sheer resentment.

"We're toasted." Leila stated, putting a hand under her chin.

"Thanks to you and your criminal mind." I grumbled, watching the grim line of her lips turn into a scowl.

"So much for backing me up." She huffed, slumping lower on the sofa and crossing a leg over the other.

The door opened and my attention instantly locked on Jace. I was surprised to see Vixen come in just after him, but the disapproving look he sent us made my heart sink.

Even you, Vix.

"Do you realize the seriousness of the situation you two put me in?" My eyes snapped back to Jace, the coldness of his eyes made the familiar sense of dread crawl into me.

Neither Leila or myself said a word.

"Dying her hair blue and burning her wrists. I'm disappointed in you, both of you." I swallowed seeing his eyes zero on me. I'm a hundred percent sure Veronica told him a couple of lies to make us seem like the bad guys.

"If any of this reaches the press, it'll create a scandal. That's exactly what they're looking for and you are the ones to blame for." He said, his tone turning dangerously low.

That's it, I need to tell him what happened in detail. Maybe then, he'll stop judging our actions based on whatever Veronica told him. I took a deep breath and looked at him straight in the eye.

"Aya has nothing to do with this. If there's anyone to blame, then it's me. I was the one who came up with the idea of dying her hair, but it's only because she threatened us." Leila spoke first. I stared at her with a what –the –hell look on my face.

What happened to we're in this together?!

"She threatened you?" He raised his brow in question.

"She said that Aya will never have you. So that technically it counts as a threat." She scratched the back of her neck. I prevented myself from rolling my eyes at her futile attempt to cover up for me.

I knew what Leila was doing. She wanted to take all the blame so things don't go from bad to worse between Jace and I, as if things aren't bad enough. I had my reputation at stake, I can only imagine the headlines from now; Princess gone bad or Princess Aya's wild side.

They'll have a blast coming up with the headlines.

The look Jace was giving Leila showed that he wasn't in the slightest convinced. The little spark of hope in Leila's eyes died down. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Vixen straighten himself and put his hands in his pocket, shaking his head in disbelief.

"That gives you no right to do what you did. Dying her hair, burning her wrists? Are you two out of your damn mind!" He slammed his hands on the desk, his eyes turning into slits as his gaze was set on me.

"You don't burn people when you get mad at them –not for such a foolish reason." Okay, that's it. I'm done with him throwing shade at us without knowing what really happened.

"Can you just stop it!" I was aware of Leila and Vixen's surprised and confused stares, but my main focus was on mister grumpy. Standing up, I took a few steps forward so I was right in front of him.

"You know what Jace, I'm sick of listening to you accuse us of something not entirely true. We dyed her hair, so what? It was only because she practically promised that she'll do whatever it takes to have you. Not to mention that she tripped Leila on purpose.

But you didn't bother yourself and ask. She attacked me back there, and I held her wrists so I could stop her from tearing my eyes out. I don't know what came over me when I burnt her wrists and I'm sorry." I didn't stop there, I wanted to push his buttons.

I chuckled darkly, "You heard Veronica's side of the story but you didn't hear mine, your mate. And what's bothering me the most is that you thought that we did so with no valid reason. What did she do this time –did she kiss you again to make you believe that she'd done nothing?" I spat out and his eyes immediately darkened.

Rage, they flamed with rage.

"Aya." Vixen warned.

"Don't Aya me, Vixen. First they kissed, now he's defending her, next what? Make her queen!" I yelled, feeling my eyes start to well with angry tears.

A loud ferocious growl rippled from Jace's throat, and almost instantly, Vixen was in front of me and I was pushed behind his back.

"Get out. Now." Jace rumbled, danger dripping from each word he said.

I couldn't comprehend what Vixen was yelling to Leila, but I was soon getting pulled out of the room. Leila slammed the door shut on the way out, her face as pale as a sheet.

"C –c'mon, Vixen will handle him." She stuttered, remotely tugging my hand, and without any resistance I numbly followed.

***

"I want to go back home, Lei." I sighed, rubbing my eyes which I bet were puffy and red from all the crying I did. Thank god Leila was here next to me, I needed a shoulder to cry on.

"I wish, but you have to stay here for at least a couple more days. King Bryson still has to announce you as Jace's mate, and besides I'm not going to let you leave before Jace fixes things between you." She confidently stated, throwing her legs over the bed's dashboard.

She regained her mental strength.

It's weird that every time Jace and I fight, I end up sulking in Leila's room.

"What if he doesn't, Leila. You've seen the way he talked, I don't think he'll want to fix things anytime soon." I covered my face with my hands and groaned. Luck has become my enemy.

"Oh, stop being so melodramatic, Aya. What you need right now is some time to cool down, both of you. Then, Jace will realize that he made a huge mistake and yadi yadi yada, you'll kick off stronger than before." She stated, staring at her baby pink polished nails.

I wish I had her positivity.

Feeling my phone buzz, I checked the caller ID and smiled seeing the name flashing on the screen.

"Hey mom." I greeted.

"Hi darling. How are you?" Her sweet voice made my body relax.

"Uh, I'm fine." I lied. "How about you?"

"Good dear. Is Jace taking care of you? Are you comfortable there?" She fired her questions. I chuckled nervously so she doesn't become suspicious.

"Yeah, I'm comfortable mom. It's great here." I dodged the first question.

"That's great to hear, honey. Say hi to Lydia for me, will you." Good, she didn't notice me not answering about Jace.

"Will do." I smiled sadly, even though it has only been two days, but I missed her.

"Keren put that down –I need to go now." My sister's most likely being a brat and playing with my mom's crystal collection.

"Okay mom. Bye, love you."

"Love you too sweetie."

I placed the phone on the nightstand and sighed. I can't wait to go back home. Even though it gets pretty boring there, with nothing but reading and training to do, it's still better than the drama occurring over here.

At someone's cough, I looked up. Vixen had his arms crossed, an unreadable expression on his face. We probably didn't notice him coming in since I was too deep in thought and Leila was too busy with her nails.

Typical Leila.

"Vixen, if you want to lecture us then save it." I gave him a meaningful stare. Leila groaned covering her face with a pillow. Seems I'm not the only one.

"Not at all." He sighed. My brows pinched upward, somewhat surprised that he wasn't going to scold us for our absurd behavior.

"Huh?" Leila's interest spiked up.

"Listen." He bed dipped as he sat down next to me.

"As much as I want to tell you how much wrong you did, how much I'm disappointed in you, how much of dumb ass –"

"Vixen." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Okay, fine." He raised his hand up in surrender. "Babygirl, Jace is under a lot of pressure right now. Hence, why he's blowing up really quick. Just be patient, he'll come around sooner than you think." I swallowed the lump in my throat but nodded nonetheless.

The only thing that will ease my discomfort and wipe the ache in my heart is Jace's comforting words.

"I hope so." I put my head between my legs and sighed.

"He will. As for you –we'll have a little talk later about the stunt you did later." He directed his words to Leila, the seriousness returning to his face.

"But she totally des –"

"Later Leila." Vixen raised his fingers in a stop talking gesture.

"You did not just shush me up!" Leila gasped and glared at him. Great, now they're going to bicker like an old married couple.

"Guys, I'm going to take a walk. Call me if you need anything." I quickly got up and headed for the door. I already have a headache from today's occurrences and I don't need Leila and Vixen's snapping to make it worse.

"Hey Aya." Vixen said.

"Yeah?"

"We're going to resume our training." He smirked.

I groaned, stepping out the room and slammed the door shut. He sure has the perfect timing, stupid Vixen and his training schedule, couldn't he wait for us to go back home! Ugh, he's such an ass sometimes.

The vibration of my phone made groan once again.

"Ugh, what now!"

My eyes popped out of their place, it was a message from Jace.

I'm sorry. 

Comment away!

Please, don't forget to vote. 💜

How are you liking stuff so far? Who's with/against Jace? Lol, I'm really curious to hear what you guys have to say! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3M 422K 46
Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a tiny heart with fear. Running and hiding...
6.6K 224 24
[Complete] "It's nice to know the name of my mate, but it's disappointing to see you letting another man touch you, mate." I shivered in delight at...
1M 6.4K 7
Isabella is a werewolf and is expected to meet and fall in love with her mate, like everyone else, Except she is not like your typical wolf girl, she...
75.7K 2.4K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...