An Alpha's Kiss | ✔️

By Dark-Shadow

(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silentl... More

An Alpha's Kiss - Story Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 24

28.9K 1.6K 145
By Dark-Shadow

~Aya

Beneath that beautiful face of hers, Leila has a wild temper. And I'm not exaggerating, not one bit –she's scary when she's mad. Sitting on her bed, I watched as she hysterically paced the room yelling profanities.

"I'm going to make her wish she wasn't born." Leila exclaimed placing her hands on her waist, her eyes flaring.

"Can you calm down for a sec and tell me what happened?" I asked, raising a brow in curiosity. I wonder what that sappy mouth of Veronica said that got Leila all riled up.

Leila doesn't make a fuss out of things if they aren't serious, or in this case, provoked her gravely.

"She purposely tripped me while I was talking on the phone! And then she walked away laughing like it's some kind of joke." My jaw nearly hit the ground.

"Exactly." She screeched.

Alright, I'm done being the sophisticated princess.

"Then we have to show her what's it like to mess with witches." I smirked, nasty plans already playing in my head. Glancing at Leila, my smirk widened seeing the mischievous glint of her eyes.

For the next hour, Leila and I came up with ways to make Veronica's stay in the castle a living hell. Leila was keen on the idea of setting her hair on fire, cackling up as she imagined her franticly screaming for help.

It took me all my will power not to submit to Leila's evilness and agree. So after arguing for what seems like forever, I managed to convince Leila that we'd be going too far if we burnt her hair.

Leila's next suggestion was summoning spirits to her room. That of course would make Veronica go in frenzy and not sleep for months, but thinking of the possibility of her going through hallucinations guilt tripped me. 

Unlike my best friend, I'm not a heartless person when it comes to people I don't like. I strictly told Leila that we didn't want to frighten her for the rest of her life, and although Leila had other ideas planned, she reluctantly agreed.

"Either dye her hair or have tree branches crash her room." Leila firmly stated, leaning against the wall.

"I don't think the tree branches is a good idea. The king won't be happy knowing that we destroyed one of his guest chambers." Leila snorted, rolling her eyes before sighing dramatically.

"Then dye her hair it is. Pick a color." Leila clapped her hands, thrilled with the upcoming action in the following few hours.

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. This girl just loves causing trouble, poor Vixen doesn't know what he got himself into. She thoughtfully stared at me, and knowing Leila, she was deliberating the most suitable color on Veronica's light skin tone.

"Black." I said.

"Nope, too dark." She shook her head.

"Fuchsia." She gasped in horror.

"No way am I letting my favorite color be anywhere near that bitch's head. Next." She waved her hand in the air. I grunted in dismay, this might take a longer than I thought. Suddenly, an idea popped in my mind.

"Blue!" I exclaimed a grin stretching on my face. Leila squealed in excitement.

"Oh my gosh, that's perfect! She'll look like a troll." She snickered. I nodded in agreement, laughing out loud when Leila did her little victory dance.

When her excitement eased off, Leila made herself comfortable on the bed, crossing her legs. I climbed on the bed as well, lying down and sinking into the feather soft pillows.

Spending time with Leila let my thoughts stray away from Jace for some time, but as we sat in silence, the guilt continued to eat me up. I sighed and placed a hand on the top of my head.

"What's bothering you?" Leila glanced at me, confused with my sudden mood flip. I was about to tell her what happened, but bit my bottom lip as I felt the tears brimming the corners of my eyes.

"They kissed." I coaxed, feeling my chest tighten, all the excitement from before gone.

"What?!" She demanded, disbelief all over her face. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, taking in a deep breath before I started explaining. Sadness loomed through Leila's eyes as I told her everything Jace admitted.

"My life's a mess." I sighed, blinking a couple of times to hold back my tears, 

"I don't doubt that he's telling the truth, Aya. Jace loves you, he'd never stoop so low and kiss Veronica." She consoled, placing her hand on my shoulder and smiled gently.

"I know Lei, and that's not what I'm mad about. None of this would've happened if he spoke to me. I'm his mate for god's sake, he should trust me enough to tell me these sorts of things." I sat up and hugged a pillow.

I waited for Leila to say something, anything, but she remained quiet.

That's odd, I thought she'll flip and hunt down Jace with a chainsaw. 

"Lei –?" My voice trailed off.

"Are you out of your mind!" I jumped at Leila's screech. She quickly got off the bed, and I frowned at the intensity of her glare.

Am I missing something?

"What you talking about?"

"Any guy in his shoes would've done the same thing. What did you expect, for him to tell you 'hey babe my chosen kissed me the other night' knowing that you'll slip from his arms?" She demanded, quoting her words while mimicking Jace's voice.

She has a point.

"Its's only a peck on the lips Aya, no big deal. It's not like he slept with her. And you know that if it were something serious, I'd be chasing his ass down damning the entire werewolf race." She threatened, tossing her golden locks back.

"But still he could've told me."

"Aya." She warned, giving me a meaningful stare. I nodded solemnly thinking about what she just said. She's right, my reaction wouldn't have been any different if he himself confessed. On the contrary, it might have made things worse.

"Fine, you're right. Happy?" Leila beamed.

"Very. Now's chop chop, some nasty business awaits us."

***

Veronica's chamber wasn't far away from Leila's, only at the end of the hall. Of course, we didn't know that by ourselves, we kindly asked a maid of where Veronica's room is.

We casually sauntered through the hall, hiding our enthusiasm in order not to raise any suspicions. When the coast was clear, I nodded to an eager Leila telling her it's time to show off her sorcery skills.

She put both hands on the thick wooden door, closing her eyes and chanting soundlessly. The tips of her fingers glowed a faint gold spreading onto the entire door in various lines and angles. Once she was finished, we rushed back to her room.

It'll only take a few moments before her hair –

A high pitched scream reached us. Leila and I glanced at each other before anxiously running out of the room, unable to get a hold of ourselves.

The hallway was crowded with wide eyed shocked people, all staring at the blue haired angry bird screeching in front of them.

The sight was worth a shot –hilarious. As I imagined, the deep sea blue color really suited Veronica, it perfectly matched her the color of her eyes.

She was gripping her hair, a horror struck expression covering her features and looked like she was about to have a breakdown.

Leila besides me was cackling up in her own laughter, snickering all the way at the masterpiece she made. I put a hand my mouth in attempt to stop the bark of laughter from escaping my lips, but hell, it was so funny.

"You bitch! You did this!" She growled stalking in my direction. She swung her hands in a failure attempt to hit me but I was quicker.

I gripped her wrists, preventing her fingers from clawing my face. My inner demon crawled to be released and teach her a lesson.

My skin heated and I felt the fire unwillingly tipping my fingers. The more she fought, the harder it became to control.

She'll take Jace away from you. She'll never stop until she has him. Let her feel the fire, let her suffer the pain she wants to cause. A voice in my head repeated.

The energy coursing through my body intensified, and the burning of my hands grew stronger. I saw red, the only thing I could hear was Victoria's anguish filled screams.

It wasn't until a pair of strong arms pulled me away that the burning receded and my vision came back to normal. The familiar tingling sensations flowed along my body, but just as it came, it disappeared.

Jace hastily moved, crouching down next to a wailing Veronica, taking in her miserable state. My mouth opened slightly in shock, my eyes fixated on the redness on her wrists.

I did that. I burnt her wrists.

I heard Jace shouting orders to the people surrounding us. Two bulky men wearing black attire carefully lifted Veronica onto her feet and rushed out of the hall.

My heartbeat quickened when Jace turn around, undeniable anger flowing in his eyes.

"Aya." His voice boomed through the entire floor. I cringed at the authority and power of his voice.

He stalked in my direction, his nostrils flaring. If looks could kill, I'd be buried six feet underground. I swallowed nervously catching the animalistic growl he let out.

I messed up pretty bad didn't I?

Hey guys! Hope you're liking things so far.

So, votes have gone down the drain in the last couple of chapters. I really hope you take some time and click on the star button if you haven't done. ❤️

Next chapter, the alpha Jace will show.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528K 13.1K 51
Liberty knew from the moment she was betrothed to Prince Aziel that she would never be happy. She vowed she would stop at nothing to keep herself awa...
14.6K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...
290K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...
1.4M 55K 42
Daniel Wood is the Alpha of the Bluewood pack. He has one goal in life and that is to never repeat his father's mistake. His father had given away hi...