Yugioh gx special season 4.

By Lumaking7

Sequel to the other seasons, and the last season in the series. A week has gone after the dimension act and... More

Thoughts, changes and shooting stars.
New threats approaches. New visitors?!
Goodbye duel academy! The twins are leaving?!
Appear Darkness Metal dragon! The duel of clashing darkness.
United Souls. Neos vs. the god of dragons.
Hooked up together?! In a tag team Tournament?! part 1.
Hooked up together?! In a tag team Tournament?! part 2.
The Cyber, the Android and Love in between part 1.
The Cyber, the Android and Love in between part 2.
Aim to become pro part 1
Aim to become pro part 2.
Thank you Dr. Crowler. Ancient gears vs Slifer red slacker.
The start of the graduation duels. Third years vs Everyone.
Bonds broken by destiny?! Part 1.
Bonds broken by destiny?! Part 2.
Duel Academy in parole. Friends blocking the way?! part 1.
Duel Academy in parole. Friends blocking the way?! part 2.
Fighting for friends and people he loves. Atticus plea part 1.
Fighting for friends and people he loves. Atticus plea part 2.
The oath of friendship. Battle royal mode. part 1.
The oath of friendship. Battle royal mode. part 2
Prophecy unfolds. The struggles by facing a god part 1.
Prophecy unfolds. The memories of darkness part 2.
Prophecy unfold. Hope that can create a miracle. Part 3.
The True Graduation Duel Part 1.
The true graduation duel part 2.
The true graduation duel part 3.

Bonds broken by destiny?! Part 3.

706 10 0
By Lumaking7

A,N: Sorry for the wait, here is the next and last part of 'bonds broken by destiny'. It is a little long, but I hope you don't mind too much. Hope you like it though. Please give some feedback. Would love to know what you think about the story and chapters so far. 😊

Mysterious P.o.v.

Domino City. The city who normally was filled with people and life, were now empty, deserted for people. Added with the darkness of the night, everything was rather creepy. The few Trueman who wasn't at the assault on duel academy, were patrolling the streets. Just to be sure. After all the twins, Tara and Jaden Yuki were not disposed of, or had joined the rest of this cities resident in the world of darkness. It was not that they were afraid. No that was not it! They were not afraid of two teens who supposedly should beat their master, because of a prophecy. They weren't afraid. Or were they?! It was at least enough for the Trueman's here to let down their guard. At least they thought they had nothing to worry about, because Jaden Yuki was engaged in battle by one of their pawns, and were soon disposed of. That and Tara Yuki had experienced their master's power close hand, and were soon consumed completely by it. Or so they believed. They soon realized their foolish mistake, when they were attacked by a herd of animals. Duel monster spirit of course, who with their bonded duelists disposed of them pretty quickly, in some fierce duels. Two duelists had gone around in the empty Domino city, and killed off Trueman left and right. All in the name of the twins, Tara and Jaden Yuki. All to protect them or so they proclaimed. Right now they were having a tiny break at a water fountain in the city.

"I don't like this" One of the characters proclaimed "This is too easy".

"Maybe our entail on the twins are wrong?" the second questioned "Maybe they are not in the city at all. It will explain the lack of opponents".

"No my deck told me they are here" the first one proclaimed and placed the hand on the deck they were having "The twins are here I can feel it, but..".

"You think we might be too late to save them?" the second questioned "That this darkness have taken them already? I don't believe that! Jaden and Tara are strong. Maybe too strong, which the reason the bad guys want them gone".

"Yeah of course. I don't deny that. They are strong. I just want to save them this time. This time we can pay them back for all they have done for us" the first said and sighed "You feel the same way, don't you?". The second one nodded.

"Of course I do. The twins helped me and saved me more than I can count" it then replied "So any idea where we shall look next? Or are we just beating those emissary of darkness?". The first one hummed.

"No, let's instead look for darkness residue" they then said "I don't believe they are swallowed yet, but I believe they might be engaging it in battle".

The second one nodded and the duo soon disappeared through the night.

Tara's p.o.v.

Tara sighed deeply as Cyber tech began explaining to Yubel, how Tara had to lie a little to trick her into admitting she forgave Tara. She knew Yubel was a rather proud demon girl, who never would admit her mistake out loud. She would have tried to do things better next time, but openly apologize, that was not her style. Tara turned her attention to the shrine. In reality it had been built to remember Cyber tech by. Tara however also knew Jaden had used it to pray to Yubel.

"You little.." Yubel uttered and placed surprisingly arms around Tara "I didn't think you had it in you Tara. You surprise me deeply". Tara looked stunned up at Yubel now. She was not fully sure what was going on here.

"You.. you not mad?" she questioned in a puzzled tone. This was so unlike Yubel this here. She was always mad her. Yubel chuckled at that.

"No, should I? You are talking to a demon Tara" she replied with a smirk and tousled her hair "And I meant what I said. I have changed. I know now I wronged you deeply in the past, but it was never your fault. Your connections with Haou and everything. It just showed how ready you were to become a vessel of the gentle darkness, and I just ignored that. I will be more aware of this now. On you and Jaden. It is my duty to protect you after all".

Tara nodded slightly, but at the same time she was having a bad taste in her mouth. After today, after what she had seen, Tara was not sure she actually wanted to do this anymore. To be the vessel of the gentle darkness. She didn't want to lose control. She didn't want to hurt anybody.

"Tara, not to interrupt you or anything, but you might need to hurry" A voice then said and Tara turned towards the spirit beside her.

"Yeah of course Sarina. I am sorry. You healed me up and returned my heart back from the darkness" Tara then replied and looked at her with Yubel's heterochromia eyes. "In return you ask me to save your brother Sartorius".

The human spirit of Sarina, who was present and wrapped in some kind of blurred image, nodded eagerly. A little picture of her surroundings could also be seen. It looked like she was trapped in something that looked like the dark ocean. Sad eyes looked at Tara now.

"Yes that is all I ask of you" Sarina replied with a sigh "Like you, I have a foolish brother that I care much about, and want to protect. I wish I could save him myself, but I cannot reach him. I used my last powers to heal you. Please bring me to my big brother. Tara you are the only one I can count on. Bring me to Sartorius".

"Yes of course. I hear your plea" Tara said and nodded "I will bring you there. Where is he exactly?". Sarina sighed. She looked rather guilty now.

"Don't think badly about him, but Sartorius are at Kaiba corp., dueling your brother as we speak" She then said and made Tara freeze a little. Sarina continued "Sartorius is been manipulated by the forces of darkness. They tricked him into believing they will free me, if he succeed in defeating one of you, and sent you to their world of darkness. They want at least one of you gone because of the prophecy".

Tara eyes narrowed at that. So they had sunken this low. She clenched her fist.

"I know my brother is being foolish, and he might play dirty, but deep down he is a caring kind brother" Sarina continued "I mean everyone have their flaws and..".

"I know he is.." Tara mused out and interrupted her "Sartorius was very kind to me, when I was influenced by the light. I don't think that kindness were all the light's doing. He resemble Jaden a little. At least on the caring family part. That and he succumb to his desires. Jaden were in so much emotionally pain, he just wanted it to disappear, and Haou made that happen. I don't know what the light tempted Sartorius with, but I believe it is a similar scenario".

Sarina nodded slightly. Tara stretched her legs a little, and let all her powers rest for now. Yubel returned back to her soul, and the other duel monsters around returned to their cards as well.

"I will keep my word and bring you to Sartorius. I need to help out Jaden anyway" Tara said firmly. She couldn't quite smile though "Kaiba corp. is 10 minutes away from here, if I run very fast. Maybe less, since no one is in the city".

"Thank you" She could hear Sarina say.

Tara shrugged. Then she ran out of the house as fast as she could. She needed to get to Jaden before it was too late. Tara knew she could have teleported over there though, but she wanted to save her strength for later. The teleportation drained her too much. She was not Jaden after all. Deep down however, Tara was also having a wish. She wished she could be stronger, and more resourceful, so she could never let Jaden down ever again. Or be a burden to him in any way.

Jaden's p.o.v.

Jaden: 1000 Lp.

Sartorius: 4000 Lp.

Back at Kaiba corp. Jaden was still in a heated battle with Sartorius.

"Sartorius, please think this over!" Jaden shouted to his friend "Let's stop this duel and figure out together how we can save Sarina". Sartorius snort at that.

"It's too late, we can't stop the duel now" He then proclaimed. Jaden looked puzzled at him, as Sartorius continued "There was no peace in the days when I lost my power to see into the future, and thereby lost the ability to fight. It was unclear who I was. The tension, the loss.. In that pit, I had lost my little sister.. Sarina was taken away! There I realized for the first time. One who was gifted with great power should continue to search for even greater power. The ones who reject it, can't protect those important to them".

Jaden looked stunned at him. As Sartorius said that, the darkness around him intensified. This was a clear sign that Sartorius had some control over this weird and different darkness. Jaden was very confused at this point.

"Sartorius, just what is wrong with you?" he then questioned. Sartorius however didn't reply him on that. Haou materialized himself beside Jaden now.

"Jaden, forget him. He is a lost cause" The king now said "Focus on winning the duel instead". Jaden hissed angrily at him.

"Forget him?! He is my friend!" he shouted angrily at the king.

"He is a lost cause" Haou replied "He will not listen to reason".

"I won't just abandon him!" Jaden hissed "You might not understand the situation, but I do. They took his sister! They forced him to face me, in return of his sister. If this was Tara they had taken.. Never mind. It is not like you understand..".

"You are wrong, I do!" Haou said in a cold tone. His yellow eyes were glaring at him "But you can't change his mind. Focus instead on the duel".

Jaden's eyes narrowed. Did he really understand? He hadn't had any siblings. He had Yubel, but that was not the same thing, since she got killed instead of kidnapped.

"My turn is over" Sartorius suddenly said and made Jaden return back to reality. "Now let's see you fight against destiny".

Jaden sneered, but he did draw. As he did, Sartorius again used the combination of Tour of doom and the fool on Jaden's field, to make Tour of doom have the upright eff. He once again couldn't summon this turn.

"Damn again?!" Jaden uttered annoyed "That trap continues to block me from summoning anything at all". Sartorius chuckled darkly.

"With the fool and Tour of doom in play, you can do nothing to change destiny Jaden" he then replied with a smirk.

Jaden glared angrily at him. What do I do? I can't play any monsters, and I lose cards from my deck every turn. If this keeps up, either my life points or deck will be gone first.

"That is not true" Haou suddenly replied and gave Jaden a shock at that. Apparently the supreme king had just read his mind without asking.

"Stop reading my mind!" Jaden hissed at him "I didn't give you any permission".

"Jaden, Let can help you" Haou said in an almost pledging tone "I know how to get rid of the fool. Use the monster in your hand".

Jaden rolled his eyes and turned his attention to the cards in his hand. He was currently holding 'Sparkman', 'Polymerization', 'Hero emerges', 'Transcendent wings' and 'Miracle flipper', who was a monster card. Haou urged him to use this card apparently. Jaden's eyes narrowed coldly now. He was staring at the king.

"No way, I am gonna use a card who has the same eyes as you!" He then said firmly.

"Why then keep it in your deck?" Haou questioned firmly.

"Tara gave it to me.." Jaden mused out "That is the only reason. I will not use it as long as you are here. I don't trust you!". Haou snort offended at that.

"Fine, then lose. I don't care" He said and dived inside Jaden's soul again.

Jaden sighed relieved at that. He returned to the game, and for safety, covered the miracle flipper card with one of the other cards in his hand. He was not gonna use it. He looked at his other 4 cards, but couldn't seem to come up with anything, that could give him the advantage in this duel. Jaden snort inside. There must be a way..

"Kuri, Kuri!" W. Kuriboh suddenly said, and Jaden's eyes widened. That's right! Destiny still hasn't been completely settled yet.

"I set one facedown card and end my turn" Jaden proclaimed and looked at Sartorius.

"Turn end? Then this is 'the end' for both of you. You, the king and my destiny" Sartorius shouted. He was very sure of himself here. He attacked the fool with the chariot, and if this attack hit, Jaden would have been finished.

"It hasn't been decided yet!" Jaden interrupted and surprised Sartorius deeply. He activated the quick spell "the flute of summoning Kuriboh", who had been one of the face downs he was having. He now could summon "Winged Kuriboh" from his deck.

"The fool and tour of doom is indeed a terrifying combo" Jaden then said and smiled "But Tour of doom only works during my turn. In other words, I can summon a monster during your turn". Sartorius hummed at that.

"I'm impressed you figured that out Jaden, but what can you gain by summoning that weak monster?" he then questioned. "It can't survive the chariot's attack".

"No it can" Jaden replied and activated his second face down.

It was the quick spell "Transcendent wings". He sent two cards from his hands to the grave, (that was Sparkman and polymerization) and now he could evolve w. Kuriboh into "Winged Kuriboh lv 10". He instantly used its eff. W. Kuriboh level 10 had the ability to sacrifice himself in order to destroy all att mode monster on his opponents field, and deal them damage equal to the destroyed monsters att points. The att points of the chariot and empress equaled 3000, so Sartorius took 3000 points of damage now. That and his whole field was empty. Jaden looked at his partner.

"You saved me W. Kuriboh" he thanked. The monster smiled, before it left the field.

"Bastard!" Sartorius sneered angrily "But this turn is not over yet".

He summoned "Arcana force VI- the lovers" (att 1600), and because of the fool, Sartorius gave it the upright eff. Then he played the spell "Reverse reborn". This card allowed him to summon an Arcana monster back from the grave in att mode. Like the chariot.

"I just defeated that thing too" Jaden sneered "And then he summoned it again, so easily. This will not be easy". Sartorius smirked at that.

"Don't feel relieved. You already had no chance of winning from the start. Behold the undenying power of destiny" he replied.

Jaden looked stunned at him. Sartorius continued his move however. Since the lovers had the upright eff, it was counting as 2 monsters when it was tributed. He tributed his two monster to special summon "Arcane force Extra- the dark ruler". It had 4000 att and def point.

"4000 att ?!" Jaden uttered stunned "Is that his new ace monster now?!".

Sartorius once again picked the upright effect of his monster, because of the fool. It could now attack twice in battle. The only luck Jaden was having, was that Sartorius already had his battle phase, so he had to wait a turn to destroy Jaden. That didn't mean he couldn't do anything though. He used his continuous spell "Sowing the fool", and used the dark ruler for its eff, and because of the fool, Sartorius made this card have the downright eff, making Jaden lose card from his deck now. For every 300 att, Jaden should give up a card, and since the dark ruler had 4000 att, Jaden had to discard 13 cards from his deck to the grave. Jaden looked rather horrified when 13 card got discarded from his deck. He didn't have much to work with now.

"With this, you only have 14 cards remaining in your deck" Sartorius told him and smirked evilly "My turn will end now. Now it is your turn, draw a card".

Jaden sneered angrily. He was holding his hand over his deck to draw, but he was hesitating. If I draw a card, I'll only have 13 cards left in my deck. On Sartorius's next turn, It may become 0.. It's guarantee I'll lose on my next turn. What do I do?

"With this, your destiny hangs by a thread Jaden" Sartorius said slowly "What about giving up now? It will spare you for a great deal of suffering. After all your best card has already been discarded to the grave. What can you possibly do this turn, than give up, and let their darkness claim you? It will ease the pain, I promise".

"Jaden don't listen to him!" Haou shouted inside his head "You will be fine!".

However like all of the other attempts, Jaden didn't listen. He felt rather devastated and lost. He had no idea on how to get out of this mess. He had used his good moves already. What were he supposed to do here?! He placed his hand on his deck. Should he draw or should he give up? Jaden closed his eyes and..

"Hold it right there!" a voice suddenly shouted and seconds later were gasping for air.

Jaden and Sartorius both turned towards it, and found Tara Yuki at the emergency stairs, gasping for air now. The two boys looked stunned at her.

"Don't quit.. this duel yet!" she sneered and leaned at the wall to the tribune. "Man this is killing me.. We have these awesome powers, but none of them can make us run.. any faster. Do you know how many stairs I should climb to get here?!".

"Tara?!" Jaden shouted in disbelief "What are you doing here?".

"Nice of you to join us Tara Yuki, but you are too late" Sartorius replied and smirked "I am about to finish off your brother for good. Then I can be with Sarina again. However I am not cruel. I will at least give you a chance to say goodbye".

Tara snort at that and sent Sartorius a cold glare.

"Sartorius you are a fool" she then stated "They will never keep their word and give you your sister back. Besides Sarina is right here". Sartorius looked puzzled at her.

"I don't know what kind of tricks you are pulling, but Sarina is differently not here" he replied in a cold tone "If it was a trick to save your brother, you failed miserable".

"I am not pulling anything, and you are just blind to see it" Tara said and walked over to Jaden. She took his hands in hers. "Besides Jaden can beat you without any tricks at all. Unlike you Sartorius". Jaden looked puzzled at her.

"But Tara I.. he is right, I am almost done for" he mused out slowly "I got tricked. I really am a foolish brother to you". Tara shook her head now.

"No you are not, and even if you were, I love my foolish brother" She then proclaimed. She looked at his hand "And from where I can see, there is still a chance for victory. Jaden tell me, how are you and Haou holding up?".

"Haou?! Why are you asking about him? He is not the one dueling sis. He can stay as far away for all I care" Jaden sneered and looked puzzled at Tara.

"I thought so Jaden" Tara said "You do truly not forgive him do you?".

"Forgive him?!" Jaden sneered "After all he did. He took me over. The only reason he was bearable around, was because of you. I trust you, not him. The Trueman did something right? You have Yubel around. You don't trust her or forgive her right?".

"Actually Jaden, Yubel and I have forgiven each other" she said slowly and made Jaden's eyes widened in surprise now "Apparently that was the key to it all. The Trueman spell can be lifted, if we forgive each other. But it shall be wholeheartedly, or the spell will not break". Jaden looked stunned at her.

"Forgive him? But I.." He shook his head in a wild frenzy "Tara even if you say it like that, I can't just do it. He hurt you. He hurt us. He took me over. That is just stuff I can't forgive him for. I am sorry". Tara shook her head.

"No don't be. I understand. You are not fused with Haou as I am, so you don't understand him as I do. The same can be said about you and Yubel" she replied slowly "But Jaden I need you to use your powers. Haou's power for just a sec. I have something to show you. Please..".

Jaden sighed deeply. He really was not fond of using Haou's power at all, but since Tara asked him, and was there right beside him, he figured Haou wouldn't try anything. He closed his eyes and when he opened them again, they were Haou's golden ones.

"What is it I am supposed to see Tara?" Jaden questioned, but then his eyes widened. Beside him and Tara was a wrapped spiritual image of Sarina. "Sarina? Is that really you?". Sarina nodded at that.

"Jaden, and Tara, it seems I have to meet you once again in this form" she replied.

"Sarina, where are you being held captivate?" Jaden now questioned. "What shall I do to help you out of there?". Sarina shook surprisingly her head at that.

"Sarina you say?! What kind of joke are you two pulling here?" Sartorius yelled now "Jaden you are just stalling. Hurry up and draw".

"My voice won't reach my big brother" Sarina replied and sighed "No matter how much I try, it is useless. That is why I helped Tara. So you will not have the same fate as my brother. The Trueman is using him, in a similar way they are using that spell on you and Tara. At some point you bond will be broken permanently".

Jaden looked stunned at her. That means he had to forgive Haou rather fast or their bond would be..

"Jaden, please use your power to save my brother" Sarina continued "I asked Tara to bring me here, so you can save him". Jaden looked puzzled at her.

"Sartorius? Not save you, but save Sartorius?" he then questioned. "What do you mean?". Sarina sighed deeply again.

"Back when he lost to you and Tara, in the events with the light, it was expected that the light of destruction inside my big brother was completely dispersed" She began telling both of them "Thus, I believed that living like a normal man was what big brother truly desired in his heart. But that was wrong. My big brother Sartorius wasn't fully aware of himself. He was unable to escape from the desire to obtain strong powers".

Jaden looked rather surprised at that. Haou not so much. He had appeared beside them once again, because he wanted to hear what Sarina had to say.

"As I suspected, his desire for strong power, It caught the light's attention" He mused out "For that reason, he became the light's host". Tara nodded slightly.

"That and all the abilities as a fortuneteller" she said slowly "All that must have made the D, go to Sartorius in the first place. Because the light wanted him to". Jaden shook his head a little. He didn't know why they were telling him all that.

"Jaden, please, right now Sartorius can only be saved through a duel" Sarina said in a pledging voice and caught his attention "Please release my big brother with your hands". Jaden looked firmly at her.

"Once I do that, even if I do save Sartorius and win, how am I able to save you?" he questioned. Sarina shook her head, which surprised the twins.

"All that matters for the time being is that you awaken my brothers peace" Sarina replied slowly. Her image began fading "Just like Tara would do everything for her brother, I will do everything for mine. Once you do, my voice may be able to reach him. So please save Sartorius".

That was the last words she said, before she completely faded away. Jaden was rather confused about the whole thing. His eyes had returned to his original color as well.

"I didn't know this was what she wished for, when she asked me for my help" Tara said in a low voice.

Jaden could feel a tiny bit emotion from her sister, and therefore pulled her into a hug. She wanted to cry for some reason. He didn't care that he was in a middle of a duel and that Sartorius found everything rather weird around here.

"Jaden, the Trueman did something to her" Yubel said and appeared beside them as well in spirit form "I am not completely sure of what, but they almost dragged her to the world of true darkness. Sarina healed her, but.. I think you need to make amends with Haou. She needs to feel you through our bond I believe".

Jaden's eyes focused on the king beside him. Haou and him locked eyes and at some point they were both inside Jaden's shared headspace. The space he usually shared with Yubel. In this case Haou though, since the Trueman had switched them. At first nothing really happened. The two males were staring at each other with cold eyes, without saying anything to each other. After a little while Haou broke the silence.

"So have you finally forgiven me?" he questioned. Jaden snort at that.

"You wish. I haven't forgiven you one bit" he sneered out.

"They why bring us here Jaden?" the king questioned and lifted an eye brow.

"I wanted to ask you something" Jaden replied firmly "That way I might understand your actions a slight bit. Not saying I will forgive you or anything, but I wanna know anyway". Haou hummed at that.

"Then ask" Haou said and looked firmly at him "What do you want to know?".

"What do you mean with, you did understand?" Jaden questioned slowly "I understood Sartorius's situation, since I lost Tara once to kidnapping, but you..".

"Ah, I see" Haou said and interrupted Jaden "You are wrong. I have encountered a similar situation. If you think about it, you would know". Jaden looked confused at him. He had no idea what he was talking about.

"The light's influence at your second year" Haou mused coldly "It woke me up by ripping a part of powers away from me. It took you two away..".

"Hu?" Jaden questioned puzzled "I know that part. Tara told me you where there, but that is really not the same as what..". Jaden stopped himself when Haou glared at him. His golden eyes were shining.

"Really? So take one of your soon to be vessels, brainwashing them into being their soldiers, while watching in fury, without being able to do nothing, is not the same thing?" Haou sneered "Then what is? Tell me Jaden".

Jaden froze at that. Maybe the king was on to something here. Tara got taken after all, and used to bring him to Sol..

"Fine, fine whatever" he instead mused out now. He really didn't want to begin arguing with Haou "One question though, why did you take me over? Why did you do all those stuff in the dark world Haou, and don't tell me Super polymerization".

"Hmm I knew that question was coming" Haou replied and rolled his eyes "A couple of reasons actually. One being Yubel and Super Polymerization, another being You Jaden. You and Tara". Jaden's eyes narrowed.

"What do you mean?" He then asked. Haou snort at that.

"You being mentally unstable when Yubel took your friend Jesse" he replied "That and Yubel awoke your powers too soon. You and Tara were not ready. I locked you in the mirror room for safety. From yourself. If I didn't, you would end up there anyway. By your own emotions. Because..".

"My own powers would try to protect me" Jaden whispered slowly and Haou nodded.

"They didn't know what hurt you, so I protected you, before they did" the king replied "I could pull you out of the darkness, as soon as I was done".

"But you still hurt a lot of people. All so you could fulfil my selfish wish" Jaden sneered "All so you and Yubel could create that world with Super polymerization".

"I had no emotions at that time Jaden. Besides rage and hate towards the light. I was a logical being" Haou reminded him "Beside you, Tara and Yubel, everyone else were insignificant. I have chanced now, thanks to your sister". Jaden sighed deeply.

"But let me guess, you don't regret anything right?" he asked.

"No I don't" Haou said and shrugged "They still insignificant, but I consider both of your statements now though. You and Tara's". Jaden hummed at that.

"Well that is at least something" he mused out "Let's just return Haou".

"As you wish Jaden. Use Miracle flipper" the king replied and left the head space. Jaden soon followed back to reality as well.

Normal p.o.v.

"This is really weird" Blair said in a puzzled tone and looked at the list in her hand.

She was currently inside the entrance hall at duel academy checking up on the duels the third year students were having. Chazz, Alexis, Syrus and Atticus were with her. Blair was in charge of the list, to make sure no one cheated during this trial the third year students were having. After all she was part of the third year students committee along with Hassleberry and a couple of more people. However she didn't know where Hassleberry was at the moment, so she had to do the checkup herself.

"As I thought, their names aren't matching up" she said and looked at one of the pda's. The others looked stunned at her.

"No way" Syrus uttered "Please check again Blair".

"We had at least 10 duels with everyone today" Alexis added. "It shouldn't be possible that you can't identify any of them". Chazz snort at that.

"Can we really trust that list?" He said and grabbed it out of Blair's hands. He found the list only to have a few names on each page. "What the? Duel academy surely has more students than this". At that Atticus shook his head.

"No, it's been bothering me for a while. There wasn't many people at the entrance" he replied which got the others attention.

"Now that you mention it, where'd everyone go?" Blair questioned slowly.

"Weird I can't remember the faces of the duelists I faced today" Alexis said.

"Now that you mention it, me neither" Syrus added in a puzzled tone.

"Hey, hey, just where the hell is everyone? They aren't all dumb as Jaden" Chazz sneered "Where'd they go anyway?". Alexis hummed.

"Speaking of Jaden and Tara, I believe they were with Hassleberry somewhere, but precisely where, I don't know" she replied him.

Somewhere around Duel academy, Hassleberry was wandering around in the forest looking for Sorano. After all it was a mission given to him from Tara herself.

"I can't find him anywhere" Hassleberry uttered annoyed "Why does my dino queen Tara and the Sarge been looking for Sorano in the first place?".

Then he heard a sound and saw some kind of weird silhouette, who surprisingly resembled Sorano a little.

"Sorano?!" Hassleberry questioned and rushed after the dark silhouette.

Tara's p.o.v.

Tara was not really happy. She felt rather terrible and filled with distressed. She was not sure if it was because of the event with the Trueman's or if it was just her feeling general down. She had found her brother again. She should actually be happy, but all she could muster was a weak little smile on the inside. She were so afraid for some reason. So afraid that Jaden would disappear through her hands right this moment. Tara could still recall the dreamy state she had been in when she looked into Trueman's eyes. How she could see her own fear and weakness reflect there, and well Tara was scared. She might not admit it out loud though. It didn't help that she couldn't feel a thing from him. All because their bonds had been broken down.

"Tara" Jaden's voice was the one thing who woke her up from the despair she was having. She opened up and looked up at her brother. Jaden was smiling at her.

"Everything will be alright Tara. We will get through this together" He continued with that reassuring smile "You know I will never give up. Not when you are by my side. When I win, we will beat their so called Master Nightshroud for all the wrong deeds they have done us and everyone else. You are with me on this right Tara? I can't do this without you".

Tara looked stunned at him for a second. Then she nodded eagerly. She couldn't quite explain it, but with the reassuring words from her brother, all the fear she was having at the moment disappeared. She remembered all the hardships they have been having up on until now. The event with the shadow rider and Kagemaru. The event with Sartorius and the light of destruction. Even the event with Haou and Yubel. Compared to all this these events they were facing now, this actually didn't seem that dangerous. At least they were together in all this. At least they had each other. Jaden sent her another smile.

"Thank you Tara. For being here with me" he said slowly and sighed "I would love to ask for you to duel with me, but I feel like this duel is something I have to do alone. Something Haou and I have to do alone. I feel like this is important".

Tara's eyes widened at that. She never actually heard Jaden refusing her help in a difficult duel before. But at the same time she understood him. Jaden always solved things with dueling. Maybe this duel with Sartorius would bring their bond back together. Maybe this duel could make Jaden forgive Haou.

"Beat him Jaden" Tara now said firmly and let go of him.

She took a step backwards so she was not in plain sight. Here she could watch the duel as a bystander.

Jaden: 1000 Lp.

Sartorius: 1000 Lp.

Jaden drew and Sartorius started off spinning tour of doom to upright position because of the fool on Jaden's field. Jaden once again couldn't summon a monster. Tara found that combo hardly fair, but she didn't doubt how Sartorius got that card in his deck. Jaden really was a fool sometimes.

"Right now, your deck only have 13 cards left" Sartorius then suddenly proclaimed "On my next turn, you'll have to discard them all". Jaden snort at that.

"I won't let you!" he sneered back "Even if it is a limited choice, there is always a way to open a new path of destiny. Haou and I are gonna prove that to you. That is our belief in this duel".

Tara got a little surprised at that speech. That and Haou had materialized himself beside Jaden once again. Apparently he was part of this duel. Jaden placed two face downs and ended his turn.

"It's over then!" Sartorius shouted from his side of the field. He was very confident in himself. "With the absolute power of destiny residing on this field, you can't do nothing against destiny. This will be your last turn".

Tara snort inside and clenched her hands. If she knew her brother, he would have something up his sleeve. Sartorius drew and made his Dark ruler attack The fool on Jaden's field. Surprisingly the blasts the dark ruler was now using, fired at a completely different target.

"The dark ruler's attack was redirected?" Sartorius questioned puzzled, when his monster's attack suddenly hit another monster card on Jaden's field. A spell caster with scepter, and had weird golden eyes to match. It got destroyed instead.

"What's the meaning of this?" Sartorius questioned puzzled.

"The moment when the dark ruler attacked, I activated this card" Jaden explained and showed the trap "Hero emerges".

Since Jaden only had one card in his hand, that instantly got summoned to the field in def mode. It was the monster card "Miracle flipper". Tara's eyes widened. So that was their plan.

"Miracle flipper also have some interesting eff" Jaden continued "As long as it remains face up on the field, any of the opponents monsters must attack it before any other monster on my field. Oh and when it is destroyed in battle, it can be special summoned to your side of the field Sartorius. In def mode of course".

"I don't know what you're intending to do, but I have no time to play around with that thing" Sartorius replied firmly.

Tara smirked inside. Trust me, they aren't playing around. Haou and Jaden are working as a team now! You can't beat them. However Tara soon realized she might could be wrong. Sartorius monster could attack twice in a battle phase. Once again he attacked the fool on Jaden's field. This time though, Jaden removes "Necro gardna" from his graveyard to negate this attack. Necro gardna was one of the cards, Sartorius had sent to the grave with his spell "Sowing the fool". Tara hummed. So it was Sartorius's fault, Jaden even could activate this eff from the grave. Serves him right. Sartorius sneered at that. Because he had used the upright effect of his dark ruler, it now went into def mode. It had 4000 def points, but at least it couldn't attack for now.

"How was it? The strong power you thought was in vain Sartorius" Jaden now said in a mocking tone.

Sartorius sneered and proclaimed all he had to do was use the spell sowing the fool and Jaden would be done for. Jaden and Haou both snort at that and activated their second facedown. The trap "Hero blast". With this card they could now add an elemental hero from their grave to their hand. Like Sparkman. Now the trap could destroy one monster on the opponents field, who's att points were lower than the monster they added. Like etc. Miracle Flipper.

"What are you plotting?" Sartorius questioned in a confused angry tone.

"Sartorius, it seems the door to destiny has been opened again" Jaden replied with a smile and looked at Haou while saying it. "Haou made me realize it. You see Miracle flipper has a third eff. When it is destroyed by magic or trap card eff, one of the opponent's monsters on the field, or in other words, on my field, will be destroyed".

"What did you say?!" Sartorius uttered stunned. Tara was smirking inside. Haou was literally smirking right now, while waving a 'bye we will Not miss you' goodbye to the fool on Jaden's field. Then it got destroyed.

"Tour of doom's spin eff stays the same. Along with your other arcana monsters" Jaden told him "However now you can't use the fool eff to manipulate it. You have to play against me by chance again. You can no longer control destiny. Still wanna try sowing the fool?".

Tara looked firmly at Sartorius now. Would he risk it? If he did, he could be lucky and sent all the restly cards in Jaden's deck to the grave. If he weren't he would lose 13 cards from his own. Sartorius snort at that now.

"You're damn right I will" he sneered out "I chose the dark ruler, and activate sowing the fool!". His continues spell card sowing the fool, began spinning around, and Jaden had to declare it to stop now. Which he at some point did.

"Wha.. upright?!" Sartorius uttered rather annoyed here. Haou and Jaden looked really pleased however.

"Alright" Jaden said and chuckled "Due to the upright eff, you have to discard 13 cards from the deck to the grave". Sartorius tsked at that, but sadly had to discard 13 cards now. Tara, in some way Yubel, and Haou had nothing against that.

"When the fool was destroyed, was my destiny ruined?" Sartorius questioned in a puzzled tone. Tara rolled her eyes at that.

"There is no power that controls destiny" she then said firmly "If you were what you were before, you would know that better than anyone". Sartorius sneered, but didn't reply her on that at first. Instead he played two face downs and ended his turn.

"I know that" he then sneered out and looked at both of them "Even if you didn't say it Tara. But even if there were a way to go against destiny, you can't go against it if you don't have power. You would agree with me Jaden, wouldn't you? You who was once controlled by the supreme king. You would know that better than anyone".

Tara turned to her twin brother who was now standing with closed eyes, and looked like he was thoughtful. Then he shook his head.

"No, Haou and I don't lose to the seduction of power!" He said in a firm voice and his eyes turned golden now.

The darkness in the room began moving around in different circles. Jaden's power were off the charge. Tara however was not worried. Jaden's gentle darkness just killed this other darkness, who were a threat to them. After all one of their wielders wished it so. Soon it disappeared.

"We both understood when we took the powers in" Jaden continued in that firm tone "Tara, Yubel, Haou and I. We all understood it. Power isn't for fulfilling your own desire. It's for accomplishing a big mission".

Tara nodded slowly. It was all a choice they made, when they became wielders of the gentle darkness. Even Yubel. At least before the event with the light. She took on that ritual to be with Haou forever and to be able to protect him. From himself and his powers, as well as others. Haou were also rather unselfish in a way. He never used it for selfish reasons. In the past, he used it to fight the light, as he was destined to do, and when Yubel died, he fought for her and..

"I finally understand everything now" Jaden mused out and interrupted Tara's own thoughts. Her brother was staring at the floor for some reason. "I understand their reasonings. Even if they in some way were twisted. Haou and Yubel only wanted to keep the newborn wielders of the gentle darkness safe. They wanted to keep Tara and I safe. That was their mission. A mission Tara and I refused to be a part of for so long. We fought against our own destiny. Especially I did that. I sent Yubel away into space. I broke the connection of the king and his guardian. That I am truly sorry for. Can you forgive me Haou?". Tara looked stunned at Jaden now.

"Jaden, it was never your.."

"Tara don't interrupt. Haou and Jaden have to settle this themselves" Yubel interrupted inside her head "This is not all as it seems". Tara nodded confused at that. What was Jaden actually trying to do? This was the opposite of forgiving Haou.

"You're a fool Jaden" Haou mused out coldly "If I disapproved of your actions, I would have.. in the mirror room. Therefore.. I feel no resentment toward you".

"In other words a fancy damn long sentence saying, I do forgive you" Jaden said and smiled a wide grin now "You just can't say the words can you?!".

Tara could hear Haou mumble something she couldn't quite understand. Then Jaden was suddenly holding up his knuckle, and encouraged Haou to do the same. Tara could see the puzzlement in Haou's eyes, as he did. He was still a spirit so his knuckle really didn't touch Jaden's, like he wanted the king to. Then Jaden nodded.

"You are having my sister's emotions, which means you are learning. That is good enough for me" he then proclaimed with a smile "I therefore forgive you too".

Light emitted around Jaden now. Tara could see it pretty easy. Then she felt this weird sensation over her. Like a wave. Like the same kind of feeling the Trueman's were giving them, first time they arrived to Domino city. Before she knew it, she could feel a lot of different things, and soon realized it was coming from her brother. Tara was rather bewildered by that at first. Then her eyes widened in surprise. Their bond.. their bond was back. Tara instantly tried that out, and could feel the familiar feeling of Haou's power. She didn't need a mirror to know she had golden eyes now.

"We broke it!" Tara said in disbelief "We really did it".

"Yeah we really did it" Jaden said and looked at her. His eyes were having Yubel's color now. "Which means, I only need to win this duel".

Tara nodded slowly. She had completely forgotten, that he still was dueling Sartorius. She wondered how he feel about all this, but when she turned towards the ex-fortune teller, he didn't look like he was surprised or annoyed, or anything. Maybe he was actually happy they broke the spell. After all Tara still saw him as a friend. Just like Jaden did.

"Sartorius, it was you who asked Tara and I to gather information about Nightshroud and their darkness. To accomplish that, we will use that power" Jaden now told their friend "That and fulfil the prophecy foretold about us".

Then Jaden drew and continued the duel. Like all the other times, Sartorius activated "Tour of doom", but this time Jaden at least had a fair shot at it. He needed to say stop, which resolved in the card having downright position. That means Jaden could summon this turn. Jaden instantly played the card he just drew. The spell "Fifth hope". With it he could return 5 elemental hero from his grave to his deck, then shuffle, and draw 2 new cards. Sartorius however quickly activated two face downs. Both of them being traps. The first one was "Reversal of fate" which switched the eff of the dark ruler, to the downright eff. The other card was "Arcana call" which allowed him to remove the fool from Jaden's grave from the game. By doing so, the dark ruler would now have the fool's downright eff for the rest of this turn, which means it couldn't be destroyed by Jaden's trap, magic or monster eff. Tara hummed at that. It sounded like Sartorius was scared of Jaden and his soon to be fusion monsters. Jaden continued his move by activating the spell "Miracle contact". At that Sartorius smirked.

"I knew you would play something like that" he said and smirked "You are properly gonna fuse from your graveyard, but regardless what monster you use, the dark ruler will not be affected by its effect".

Jaden snort at that. He moved Neos, Flare scarab and grand mole from his grave to his deck, to special summon "E.H. Magma Neos" to the field. It had 3000 att, but gained 400 att for every card on the field. It was now having 4600 att points. Sartorius looked stunned at it.

"What? It's att points are higher than the dark ruler" he uttered.

"Magna Neos attack Sartorius's dark ruler" Jaden yelled and made his monster attack. It destroyed the dark ruler, who luckily for Sartorius was in def mode.

"It's not over yet" Sartorius sneered. Apparently the dark ruler's downright eff activated. When it was destroyed by battle, every card on the field was destroyed, and on Sartorius's next turn, his dark ruler would reappear onto his field.

"When my Ruler returns Jaden, your real destiny will come to an end" Sartorius shouted and pointed a finger at him.

Tara just rolled her eyes. If she knew her brother, he had something up in his sleeve. He was gonna win!

"It's a pity Sartorius" Jaden said "That time will never come".

He was holding the quick spell "Reverse of Neos" in his hand. It allowed Jaden to special summon Neos from his deck with 1000 more att points. In a quick finish, Jaden made an direct attack with Neos, reducing Sartorius's life points to 0. Jaden had won the duel.

"Sartorius!" the twins shouted in unison as the duel ended.

Both of them were worried about their friend. Both their guardians, Haou and Yubel, was present at their side as some sort of support. Sadly the twins didn't even reach the other side of the field, before that weird darkness Sartorius had been using through the duel, activated. It began surrounding him in shape of some weird black bubbles, who lifted their friend up in the air, without warning. Both Tara and Jaden had an idea where he was going, and they didn't like it at all.

"Sartorius!" they both shouted in unison again, and they could see him looking down at them with a little smile. He wasn't angry at them or anything like that.

"So this is the end of destiny set up for me?" He questioned. It was clear it was more to himself than anyone else. "This really fits the ending of the great fool Sartorius..".

However as he was lifted slowly towards that world of true darkness, a spirit the twins were very familiar with, appeared now in the thin air. Sartorius eyes widened.

"Sarina?" He questioned slowly. Sarina nodded at that.

"Big brother, I'll be with you too" she replied. Jaden and Tara both looked at them. Distress now filled both of them, at the sight of their friends leaving.

"Sarina, Sartorius, please.." Tara begged slowly, knowing that her two friends wouldn't listen to her request. Sartorius looked at his sister.

"Sarina, forgive me" he said and sighed "I was power hungry and a foolish brother until the very end". Sarina just smiled at him.

"It's alright Sartorius, you're always by my side" she replied.

"Sarina, Sartorius.." Jaden said slowly. Tara had hugged her brother in the meantime, and refused to look at the scene happening in front of her. She didn't want to see them disappear. However she could still hear them.

"Jaden, Tara thank you" Sarina said "For releasing us from the crimes of this world". Tara let out a little cry, and could feel Jaden's arms around her.

"Goodbye you two. I still believe you can change the world" Sartorius then said "Just stay true to yourself and be there for each other. No one can beat you if you do that".

"Sarina, Sartorius!" Jaden uttered in an extremely sad tone.

No voices replied him this time, and Tara knew they were gone. They had been taken to that other world.

"Sarina, Sartorius" Tara said and let slowly go of her brother.

"We will differently save the two of you!" Jaden said in a firm tone.

One of his hands locked together with Tara's now. She could see her brother's determined face.

"We will fulfil the prophecy" Tara mused out slowly and looked at their guardians.

"That we will do too" Jaden replied with a smile "Come, we need to get back to duel academy".

He had just said that, when the whole place was shaken. The bombs Sartorius had mentioned in the start of the duel was setting off now!

A,N: Well we are at the end of this three chapters part, and then I end it with a cliffhanger. Cruel, cruel me. However must admit makes me wanna do the next chapter as much as you want to read it. Sadly not gonna be right now lol. The next chapter however is about the twins escaping their father's building, Hassleberry meeting Sorano, and the twins finding out, that Trueman's spell is not completely worn out yet. Let's just say they meet some interesting people, with a warrior bird spirit, and a herd of crystal beasts. Does that sound familiar?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 50 9
#yugiohgx This story takes place during the second year of Jaden Yuki's stay in Duel Academia. Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Blair Flannigan r...
479 5 18
After being gone for months Jaden Yuki has returned back to the Duel academy, but he is not alone. Yubel a young boy who used to be an evil spirit is...
466 9 6
W A L K A W A Y A young duelist is selected with one another to travel to Duel Academia, but when trouble starts to brew, she has to fight back an...
1.2K 17 4
This is a Future Au Gx Christmas carol story. (resembling Scrooge) Chazz Princeton, businessman and president of his own dueling company, is a cold h...