Absolution

De khandy

This is a story based on Strikeback starring Richard Armitage. John Porter returns from Iraq having travelled... Mais

Absolution
Absolution Chapter 2
Absolution Chapter three
Chapter four
Absolution Chapter five
Absolution chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter ten
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter fourteen
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 restricted version
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19
Chapter twenty

Chapter 11

892 13 7
De khandy

Chapter Eleven

How did he do it,Rhiannon wondered? How did Kendal keep up the pretence? Watching him from her barred window, he looked for the entire world a contemporary of the man who had invited him here. They were playing tennis and it had been the methodical sound of the ball being hit along with their laughter that had drawn her to the window. He looked like a tennis professional in his shorts and T-shirt and he certainly moved with the ease and grace of an athlete. How could he be so relaxed, knowing that tonight they were going to escape from this place? That was a stupid thought. It might be the first time she’d escaped from captivity but she doubted it was the first time he had.

She moved away from the window. If only she knew what the plan was she’d feel more settled but all he had said was that he would come at midnight. Until then she had to behave normally. That was funny; he thought being locked in a room was normal. She supposed that what he meant was to behave in the same way as she had since she’d been kidnapped. Christ, that was going to be difficult. She knew now that she was being watched and that meant the guards had seen her undress and take a bath and would, if she followed her routine, see her naked again.

The sound of the key turning in the lock momentarily halted her thoughts. She turned as the door opened.

“Senorita Phillips, Senor Cortez requests that you change into this and join him and his guests by the pool.” The guard held out a cellophane wrapped swim suit.

“I have already…,” she began in Spanish.

“Senor Cortez told me to tell you it was an order.”

She took the swim suit.

“I will wait outside while you change.”

She slipped the costume from the wrapping. It was a skimpy blue halter neck and would leave nothing to the imagination.  Knowing she was being watched, she changed as quickly as she could and waited to be escorted to the patio below.

“You are ready, senorita?” the guard said when he returned to the room.

She picked up a towel and draped it around her shoulders.

“As ready as I will ever be,” she replied.

Cortez, Becker and Kendal were all relaxing by the pool.

“Ah, senorita, thank you for joining us,” Cortez said smiling.

“I wasn’t aware I had a choice,” Rhiannon said, dropping the towel onto the sun lounger.

She watched as James Kendal walked towards her. She told herself to keep her expression neutral but it was difficult when she was confronted by a man who’d give the Greek Gods a run for their money.

“Sunscreen,” he said, holding out a bottle. “After all, we wouldn’t want your lovely skin to burn.”

She reached out for the bottle but he pulled it away before she could take it.

“Allow me,” he said, catching her wrist in his hand.

“I can manage. Thank you,” she said coldly.

“Ah, but, Rhia, darling, it wouldn’t be as much fun.” He increased the pressure on her wrist and pulled her towards the sun lounger.

She dug her heels and refused to move.

“Senor Kendal, I don’t think she likes you very much,” Cortez said laughing.

“Oh, she’ll warm up – she did last night.”

Rhiannon’s hand arced towards him but before her palm could connect with his face he grabbed her wrist.

“Don’t, sweetheart. You wouldn’t like the punishment if you did. Now, lie down. There’s a good girl.”

She shot him a look of pure loathing and lowered herself to the lounger.

“Back first, I think.”

She forced herself to lie as stiff and still as she could. It wasn’t difficult with Cortez and Becker looking on like a couple of voyeurs in an Amsterdam sex show. In another time and place her body would have been pliant under the warm caress of his hands.

He patted her bottom.

“Turn over, darling.”

Once again she lay unresponsive as his hand moved over her body, skimming close to her most intimate parts. There was a strange expression in his eyes that was at odds with the self-satisfied smile on his face – an apology – she suddenly realised his eyes were silently communicating what he couldn’t say.

His hands caressed the top of her breast as he gently smoothed the lotion into her skin and when he finished he cupped her breast before speaking.

“You’ll do, sweetheart. “ He reached for her hand. “Let’s go for a swim.”

“It’ll just wash the sunscreen off!”

“Don’t worry about that. It’ll be a pleasure to apply some more later.”

She stood and walked slowly to the edge of the pool and stared down into the crystal clear depths.

“How deep is it here?” she said, pointing to the end where she was standing.

“Three metres. Why do you ask, senorita? Do you wish to know if it’s safe to dive in?”

“No, I was wondering if it were deep enough to drown Mr Kendal in.”

With Sebastian Cortez’ laughter ringing in her ears, she turned and dived elegantly into the water.

Porter had to smile. God, she was sassy. He was full of nothing but admiration for the woman. She was not allowing her spirit to be crushed and she was playing her part to perfection. Most people would have fallen apart by now but she hadn’t.

He watched her surface and wipe the water off her face. Her eyes were sparkling and he waited for the challenge he realised must be coming.

“Are you coming in, Mr Kendal? The water’s lovely. Or are you scared I really might drown you?”

He walked to the edge of the pool and smiled seductively.

“I’d like to see you try.”

His dive into the water was every bit as good as hers and she watched, treading water as he circled around her like a predatory shark. She braced herself for the attack she knew was coming and managed not to swallow a gallon of water when his hand grabbed her ankle a second later. They “fought” for several minutes with her ducking him as much as he did her. Eventually he trapped her in the corner of the pool. He pinned her to the sides and lowered his head to nuzzle at her neck.

“Keep struggling. Good girl, you’re doing really well. I know this must be so hard for you but it’s almost over. Go to bed as normal tonight. Try and sleep if you can. I will come for you at midnight.” His lips trailed d0wn her neck and along her collar bone. “I’m going to get you out of here – I promise.”  He pulled away slightly, so his face was mere inches away from hers.

“Trust me,” he whispered, holding her gaze for a moment before he lowered his mouth to hers. Just as before when he’d joined his lips with hers it took all her will power not to melt into it. She placed her hands against his chest and pinched his nipple hard. He broke the kiss on an oath and she broke free swimming to the other side of the pool.

“Bastard... I know you can do what you like but, don’t expect me to just meekly stand and take it.”

She walked up the steps to the sun lounger and picked up the towel.

“Can I please return to my room, Senor Cortez?”

“Yes, senorita, of course.”

“Rhiannon, love, you can run but you can’t hide. I will have you tonight,” Kendal called from the pool.

*******

Layla glanced at the caller ID – Porter, at last.

“James, it’s about time. I’d given you up for dead.”

“No, I’m alive and well. Anybody lucky enough to come here is very well looked after.”

“Have you had a chance to get out and study the local geography?”

“Yes, I have. And I have some stunning shots of the rain forest to show the class.”

“Are you going out again tomorrow?”

“That’s the plan. What about you? Are you having a good time with Sam at the university?”

“Yeah, it’s a fascinating place. He has managed to book me on a tour down to the coast. So I’ll meet you there instead of back here.”

“That sounds great. By the way, did Sam manage to organise that boat trip he talked about? I’m keen to see some of the marine life around the Caribbean.”

“Yes, he did and I’ve booked passage for three. Sam is hoping that his friend is going to be able to join us?”

“Yeah, that still looks promising. I should know shortly after midnight, if she’s going to be able to get away.”

“Okay, well, if you can try and let me know that would be good and I’ll see you at the weekend.”

“Okay, see you at the weekend and if I’m late, remember, don’t wait up.”

“Okay.” Layla ended the call and allowed herself a moment to sigh in relief. Rhiannon Philips was alive and in good enough shape for Porter to think she could make it to the coast.

She moved to the computer and entered a coded password which opened a secure link to Downing Street. The Prime Minister’s image appeared immediately. Layla guessed he’d not moved from the communications room.

“Lieutenant, what news do you have of my daughter?” the Prime Minister asked, without bothering with the usual pleasantries.

“She’s alive and well, Sir.”

“Has Sergeant Porter got her to safety?”

“Not yet, sir. But operation cyntaf merch is set 00.00 hrs.”

“Why cyntaf merch?”

“It’s Welsh; means first daughter.”

The PM smiled.

“Somebody at section twenty has a warped sense of humour. I’m not very popular in Wales.”

“I don’t think it’s you who isn’t popular as much as your party.”

“True, I suppose. How soon will you hear anything?”

“I may not until we rendezvous in Barranquilla. Once he is away from Cortez’ stronghold, he will need to put as much distance between them as he can, before they realise your daughter has gone. ”

Simon Clarendon nodded.

“We’ve received a ransom demand. It was about half an hour ago. Besides myself, only my wife and section twenty are aware that Porter is in there already. MI6 are drafting a response as we speak.”

“I won’t tell you not to worry; it would be patronising to do so. Just be assured that Porter is the best operative we have in section twenty.”

“Thank you, Lieutenant. I’d best leave you to get on with your job.”

He ended the call as abruptly as he’d started it and the screen went empty.

Layla sighed and glanced at her watch: ten o’clock, another two hours until zero hours. She got up and walked to the window, staring out at the city skyline. She was unsettled and uneasy. It was always like this when she was deployed overseas in a backup role. There was nothing she could do but wait for Porter to get in contact once it was safe to do so. If he didn’t she would make for the rendezvous point anyway.

She glanced back at the computer. She doubted that the Prime Minister would get much sleep but at least she had been able to let him know that Porter was inside Cortez’ retreat and that his daughter was alive and well.

Realising she was in for a long night, Layla rang room service. At least in Colombia she was guaranteed a decent cup of coffee.

********

Simon Clarendon walked slowly up the ornate staircase in Number Ten to his private quarters. He could see his wife through the open door of the small kitchen that served the private suite. She turned at his footsteps. How calm and placid she looks, he thought. She had been understanding, probably more so than he deserved. How many wives would not only calmly accept the news of a grown up love child, even one like this whose existence had been a complete secret, and then insist that the women’s mother be invited into her home? He was sure he didn’t deserve her but he was glad that he had her.

“I’m making coffee. Do you want some?”

“Yeah, but first I need to hold you.”

She walked into his open arms and for a time neither said anything, content just to hold and be held.

“I don’t know how to thank you for understanding all this,” he whispered.

“There’s nothing to thank me for. You were little more than a child and Rose never told you about your daughter, did she?  I can’t hate you for something you knew nothing about. Have you heard anything? The not knowing is killing Rose.”

He placed a soft kiss on his wife’s lips.

“Let’s take the coffee through and I will put you both in the picture.”

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

I need you De Zooey_Writer

Mistério / Suspense

967 19 16
When Nikki is kidnapped, Jack tries to solve the case inadvertently putting himself in danger.
42.3K 549 22
This is my North and South tribute. I have moved the setting to World War Two. Based on the book by Elizabeth Gaskell and the BBC TV series starring...
The Long Journey Home De Mary

Ficção Histórica

105K 5.3K 16
Andrew Dwight "Dewy" Montgomery is headed back to Texas. A survivor among few, the last battle has been fought, and he is headed home. But, he doesn'...
7.8K 252 3
Hermione goes to retrieve her parents, but is rejected by her mother. She and her father return to England, but need to move to live with the changes...