Incomparable

By Princessekokiebookie

I'm not looking for love I'm just looking for survival I'm not in pain but pain has become part of me hurt a... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine part 1
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen

Chapter five

628 8 6
By Princessekokiebookie

This chapter is dedicated to the awasome Annie_K for her great support and comments thank you very much and of course for all of you readers thank you for your time .Go ahead read on hope you enjoy.

______________________________________________________________________________

Marline's P.O.V:

I couldn't understand him; he paid all this money just so he can talk to me, and try to advice me to leave this work. I don't get it. Why? why did he came to this place, why did he care to talk to me, why did he want to give me a ride home. WHY did he care?

'Wanting to be a friend' he said. He seemed nice enough. he had those beautiful, kind eyes, yet they held an arrogant look like all men, with a calculating look. a look of a leader, a detective, maybe a man that 's after solving puzzles . But he was really serious when talking to me, he was arguing with me, and his vein in his neck was throbbing. I questioned him over and over, why he cared and what's his business in it. All he said is that he wanted to be a friend.

 Could it really be that there is one man who doesn't see me as his toy? His sex slave? that he can see me more of a ….. Human.  Who needs a friend, and has a heart, and morels?

 My soul ignited with a flicker of hope, and maybe even happiness. Maybe this is the time where I should open up a bit. NO. I stopped myself from thinking those thoughts. Those thoughts were only for the people who didn't live like me with a gang and FBI after me, I can't open to anyone, I wouldn't. No one is trust worthy, No one.

Meanwhile when I was having those thoughts, I remembered that I don't even know his name! I had a conversation with him, argued with him, and had a drive home with him, and I didn't even ask his name! how more stupid can you get Marline? I said to myself.

"He could be a killer for god's sack" I said sarcastically. My eyes widened what if he is a gang member that is befriending me to kill me? Or worst the police? Or he could be no one. I don't know, but there is one thing that I am sure of it. I have to keep my eyes wide open. 

Damian's P.O.V:

The drive to Marline's home was uneventful. There was a silent in the car that wasn't understood. It was not a tensioned one, nor comfortable one, or even awkward one, it was simply undefined.

 The confusion in Marline's mind was evident on her face. There was a battle going inside. a battle of mind it is. She was confused, and she had the right to, with all that's happening in her life, I guess an act as mine was weird. And to try and believe that I was not going to harm her was going to take some time.

 Well I had to start my next mission in our so called friendship; at the end I wanted information from her. And in a world like this, that wasn't easy. And the next step will take weeks, if not months.

The next mission: gain her trust.

Marline's P.O.V:

I woke up 10 in the morning to do my usual routine on my weekend. Stretching on my bed, with the sun burning through my eyes, I lifted myself off the bed, and ordered my feet to take me to my drawer. searching through my clothes, I took one of my comfy bras and a matching underwear, and to complete the comforting mood I was in today( see as there is no work today) I grabbed a jeans, not a skiny one, and a white shirt with a blue hood on it, and my navy blue converse.

 Entering the shower, I took a warm bath to cool my nerves. While the water was massaging my aching body, I couldn't help thinking of what a strange encounter with this man last night was, and what a stupid mind I had for not knowing who he was before accepting his offer to drive me home. But I promise myself not to repeat this mistake again. Ever.

But I had to admit he was a gentle man with what he did, and how he tried to save me from what job I had, and trying to reverse my mind on the prostitute ways I'm in. I chuckled to myself but he doesn't know anything. After all he doesn't know that it's not my choice, that I was forced into it. No he doesn't know and I intend to keep it this way

'Or maybe he knows' my subconscious had to mock me.  I stood for a minute frozen, realizing that my subconscious might be right. What if he is one of the gang, or worse an FBI? He would want me to confess but like that, he will be putting me in danger.

Grab a hold on yourself Marline, I scolded myself. Not because you know things that means that every man is a police or gang member, who wants something. You gotta stop thinking like that. Stop being suspicious of every one.

 Drying myself I put on my bra and underwear, and then the rest of my clothes. Brushing my hair I tied it with a band into a pony tail, I grabbed my coffee and my keys and set off to go to the market to buy some pasta and cheese or something.  Anything that's edible for breakfast and lunch.

Searching through the food in the market, I was deciding on what to get that was cheap, not fancy or delicious, when I heard a shot gun then another I freaked out and looked around to find……

I ran,

 As fast as my legs could take me towards him, to find he was shot but he wasn't in pain, or if he was, he was good at not showing it. He had his gun in his hands, which means that the second shot was his. But why was he caring a gun? Not the time to think about this.

"What the hell happened?"

"Do you really want the answer for that?"

"How..."

Another shot was fired "Marline get inside the aisle"

He pushed me down the aisle, crushing me between the wall and his hard chest, and he put his hands on my mouth to shut me up. And for a moment I felt the heat radiating from his body. With his great closeness it was hard not to think about how hot he is

Stop Marline you are being chased for fuck's sake. And then it ticked in my mind. Why is he being shot? Who is he?

Cutting my thoughts was another damn shot. By chance I had a glimpse of the shouter, and he was the eagle. He was the second in command of the gang, THE GANG! What the hell? What does this guy have anything to do with them? But before this question could be answered we had to get out here. Maybe he doesn't know that, but the gang knew the suburbs like the back of their hands, it was their play ground. And there was no way in hell we could escape by hiding in an aisle. Without more thinking I took his hand. "what the hell are you doing ?"

"Saving your ass" is all I said.

 And i started running till I found the market, I entered and found the back door, I opened it and went straight into another aisle. The suburbs were like a maze, a dirty one but I also knew it as the back of my hand, after all this was my home.

We kept running until we reached my apartment. After closing the door on us and me releasing a sigh of relief I had to have some answers.

"What the hell just happened?"

"It seems obvious to me unless you are so blind to know that we're been shot"

"Thanks Einstein but what I was asking was why?"

He didn't answer

"Answer me"

"Nothing concerning you"

"Nothing concerning me" I can't believe him "if you haven't noticed I saved your pretty ass there don't you think that I deserve some answers"

"I have so much on my mind right now to answer any questions" I was about to retort back when I saw the injury up his arm it was deep and bleeding.  Taking a deep breath I pushed all my anger aside FOR NOW.

I went in the bathroom found a towel and soaked it with water, and found the emergency bag I took out a scissor, some medicals, and a sawing needle, and a bottle of whisky. I went out to find him sitting on the bed.

When he saw me back in the room he opened his stupid mouth "listen I'm sorry for letting it all on you OK " I didn't speak you can call it the silent treatment, whatever but I was really confused at the moment " you're angry "

"Drink" I said handing him the whisky ignoring his last statement. He looked at me like I was stupid "it will numb the pain" I explained.

"The shirt …. Loose the shirt" 

I started to mend back the injury, sewing it. He winced for a minute, then he begun to feel numb. I felt his gaze on me, and I knew that he was watching me intentionally. I did the worst thing I could do in my life, and I looked up. I found his eyes looking at me, holding my gaze, and with great difficulty I tore my eyes away. He cleared his throat "umm…Thanks" I just nodded in response .

Well that was awkward and then and there I discovered that I still didn't know his name yet.

"What's your name anyway?"

"Damien"

"OK Damien go to sleep for now the bottle you drank would do that "he nodded 

"But we will talk later"

"Yeah" he said and closed his eyes

This sleep was needed for him to rest the wound and for me to think.

Damian's P.O.V :

Shit

That was all that I was thinking, seriously shit. I was now in Marline's apartment; she was in the bathroom doing whatever.

'They know who I am, does she know, is she the one who told them? No she can't be the one, see as she freaked out.

But now what mattered is that they blew my cover. And even the slightest trust that I built between me and Marline crumpled down.

What I'm thinking now is I got to have a plane B, obviously they know who I am and they know that Marline somehow is with me, which only puts her in greater danger.

I know I shouted at Marline and I shouldn't have. I should say sorry. Just then she entered the room with an emergency stuff in her hands so I said what was right "listen I'm sorry for letting it all on you ok" she didn't answer. she was angry I knew it " you're angry "

She didn't comment just shoved a whisky bottle in my hands "Drink" was all she said. Now why will I drink that? It was a dirty cheap liquor "it will numb the pain" she explained.

"The shirt …. Loose the shirt" Wow she really like giving orders. But I didn't object as she is really pissed right now.

She began sawing the injury. It hurt but I've gone through worse. I left her to do the injury but I couldn't help thinking that she is helping me, even though she doesn't know a thing about me, and was angry at me, and she didn't even know my name.

 I was gazing at her, thinking when her eyes met mine. Her eyes were deep chocolate color. For the first time I saw how beautiful her eyes were. I held her gaze, when she broke it I cleared my throat "umm…Thanks". She just nodded. That was awkward. I mean I will never think about her in any way but a case and prostitute. A prostitute with a good side maybe.

She broke the silence "What's your name anyway?"

"Damien" I said

"Ok Damien go to sleep for now the bottle you drank would do that "I nodded

 "But we will talk later"

"Yeah" I said closing eyes. It will be a hell of a talk.

Waking up I found Marline holding a cup of coffee and a cigarette. She smoked that's new, but I should have guessed. She was staring at her coffee lost in her thoughts when she lifted her eyes at me and asked me one question "Who are you?"

I raised my eyebrow at her "Being shot by the eagle means you are one of two possibilities …either you are a gang member or you are a FBI agent  ...so who are you?"

I stared at her for a while, both of us refusing to look away first. She knew she has to know now I looked her in the eye and said "I'm a FBI agent"

An anger and full of betrayal silence hung in the air between us.

______________________________________________________________________________

Dun Dun Dun what will happen is she gonna even listen to him or will she throw him from the window . i know it's not perfect but this is what i could think of with all the exams chemistry and physics running in my head hope you enjoy and comment and vote if you liked . Thanks 

                                                                                                                             kokie ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 10.1K 8
I was normal before this. Before him. Normal job, normal flat, the bliss normality of the ignorance of all the real monsters. I used to think that on...
441K 13.5K 30
"Whatever you have that stupid grin on your face for, the answer is no. No smoking, no guns, none of your Mafia friends, none of any of that. And mos...
1.4K 351 21
**Featured on Wattpad's official YAMystery page!** **Previously featured on Wattpad's official StoriesUndiscovered page!** "The satisfied look on his...
3.8K 238 23
Cassie is self-sabotaging, a dry sense of humour, a sultry melody, a sarcastic remark. She's a dead gaze, smudged eyeliner, a garden of withering red...