The Return of Rose

By _Secrets_89

(Book 2) What if I told you my life was an illusion? That everything that was good in my life only lasted for... More

The Return of Rose
Characters
Chapter 1: You're Kidding Me
Chapter 2: Definitely Not True
Chapter 3: A New Side of Him
Chapter 4 : His Arrival
Chapter 5: I Had My Reasons
Chapter 6: Cat Out of The Bag
Chapter 7: Maybe, Just Maybe
Chapter 8: Sister
Chapter 9: Im Not Perfect
Chapter 10: Never Had a Chance
Chapter 12: Part 2
Chapter 13: I'll Prove Myself
Chapter 14: Twice in one night
Chapter 15: The Big Plan
Chapter 16: Piece of Cake
Chapter 17: Five Minutes
Chapter 18: Sick of Me
Chapter 19: A warning
Chapter 20: Finally The Truth
Chapter 21: Trust me
Chapter 22: You aren't
Chapter 23: Our Plan
Chapter 24: Bianchi's Secret Son
IMPORTANT MESSAGE/ please read!!!
Chapter 25: One Step Closer
Chapter 26: The Way I Make You Feel
Chapter 27: Faith
Chapter 28: Everything Check

Chapter 11: Part 1

1.7K 51 7
By _Secrets_89

Lana's POV

He stared at me surprised, his body, rigid. I was sure that he thought I would have never returned. He thought I was still traumatized, young and still a teenager.

Maybe it was my behavior, or maybe the nice smiles I was giving to every one, including him. . .

~~~~~~~~~

12 hours earlier

"Last time we were here wasn't it with my ex?"

"To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. But that girl sure acted like the devil himself." I shook my head, while Ethan was busy cracking up.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault. It was for business."

"Yeah I know but still. . ." We smiled at each other, happy to be seeing each other after awhile. I've only ever spoke to him on the phone. I haven't seen him since the last time I was in New-York which was two years ago. We were both very busy.

"It's always great seeing each other again after a long time."

I nodded. "Yeah it is."

"Funny thing really, but isn't there yet another gala happening?"

After he mentioned those words my mood immediately turned cloudy. The gala was making me anxious. It was like two years ago all over again. I hated it.

"Yeah. . I guess." I played around with my eggs, suddenly not hungry anymore. "Are you going though?" I asked feeling hopeful.

He nodded his head.

I thrusted my fists into the air and jumped out of my seat to hug him. "That's awesome." I gushed.

I leaned back to face him. "Do you have a date to go with? Or you can go with this beautiful, fantastic lady right here?" I suggested with a bright smile.

He chuckled then nodded his head. "Of course. It would be my pleasure my lady."

................

11:32 Am

It read on my phone. "It's 11:32."

"Exactly! So go with Christian and the other guys to the-Oh shit you did go! Remember the guy with the gold teeth, Marco Garcia?"

Marco... M-a-r-c-o? Mhm

"The guy from Mexico."

"Oh the one who was in his thirties or something. Yeah what about him?"

"Just get the packages into the truck and come back immediately to get ready for the gala. I've got some things to do, so go with Christian or take one more person but please don't goof off or do something that embarrasses our name." He said sternly, walking out the door along with us.

At least he wasn't mad.

Christian, Johnny, and I got into the white truck and left in the direction of where it started, or the beginning of where I started this hellhole. The memories were rushing back to me. But to be perfectly honest, I didn't know whether to be happy or disappointed. I mean they were memories, and I found it funny that I made a deal with a drug lord, or really, the drug lord's assistant.

But here I was questioning my 17 year old self.

How did I use to do this? How did I talk to criminals without fear eating me up? How did I seduce them in order-actually thats just one of my personalities. I think every girl has that.

As we neared a bridge, that told me we were close to them. And I don't think I was going to make it because the fear was going to eat me alive. I need my pills. I didn't know whether to pee or throw up. Maybe I could do both.

"Alright we're here." Christian announced, though there was no need because as soon as he pulled up to the parking lot, I saw two guys smoking and probably three or two in the car, but I couldn't see because of the tinted windows.

I was resistant to get off the truck. Maybe I could make up an excuse or . . .

"Lana?"

I looked up towards Christian and he smirked. He fucking smirked. He was enjoying my anxiety. "Im coming just give me a minute, Christian." I said with my coolest impression, but we both know it was pretty shitty.

He nodded and got off the truck. I popped two pills and tried my hardest to swallow it with my spit because of the shortage of water.

The struggle was real.

I took in a deep breath, then let it out early. I did this three more times and then got out the truck.

I was Lana, dammit. If I was going to leave the mafia, I could at least leave a good reputation. I need to stop being a little bitch and just let my 17 year old self be. Actually fuck that too, I'm going to be my 21 year old self. Im proud of what I turned out to be. I don't think anybody has gone through the things that I have gone through. This is what made me strong.

Making my way towards them, I catch the guy's -Marco's frown. "I'm sorry I didn't know women were going to be making the deals now." He spat bitterly. I just wanted to knock out that golden tooth he poorly had screwed in his mouth.

I swear these aren't my words.

"Im sure you still remember me, Marco." I purred. He narrowed his eyes.

I was going to do this without flirting or seducing. I was engaged now. There was no need for any of that.

"I was here with Chris, Antonio, and Daniel." I midway leaned in and whispered, "We also made that little secret deal." We both leaned back and it took him a couple of seconds before he decided to hug me with all his force. Then he let me go, so I quickly smiled as he also showed us his teeth plus his golden tooth.

"Im so sorry that I couldn't stay longer to chat about what we've missed out b-"

"Are you being sarcastic?" His smile was slowly going away, and a frown was replacing it.

My heart began racing and I was in need of my pills again. When he saw that I was about to freak out he started laughing out loud.

I was confused as hell.

"Chicaquita, I'm just playing." He smiled then side hugged me and ordered his men to bring the weapons into the truck, so I sent Christian and Johnny to check it and bring them the cash.

I just wanted to get out of this guy's arms. His heavy cologne was causing me to have a major headache. "Hey mami (baby/baby momma) you know I'm a rich guy. I could take care of you." He grinned as he played with my hair.

I was definitely going to take a hundred showers when I got home.

"Please don't touch my hair." I said sweetly. "And I have to go tell Chris the deal went great, but I'm sure you can find yourself a women who would love to be in your arms." I waved then quickly paced into the truck. I've never been happy to go back to the house.

Christian had went to give the cash to Marco as Marco stared at me, he was getting me irritated.

"I see the way you both are looking at each other. Why wont you look at me like that hmm? With love? I do try pleasing you Lana." I wanted to slap Johnny hard, and he was sitting next to me but I didn't want to be violent.

"Johnny shut up. Im sure you, yourself can find a women that would love to have a good time with you. But I'm sure that'll be hard because you've probably slept with all of them."

I was expecting a frown or a scoff or something that would have made me laugh but he slowly smirked. "Aww are you jealous? Baby don't worry I'll always have a place for you in my heart."

I rolled my eyes, then thanked the lord for Christian's arrival. 

There wasn't anything wrong with Johnny, in fact he was surprisingly intelligent, funny and so handsome, but it was just the sleeping with girls everyday. Not literally, but it was close.

Plus I was an engaged woman.

•••••••••

"Lana could you please hurry the fuck up?"

"Shut up! I hate being rushed!"

When the guys and I had came back from the whole collecting the inventory stuff, we had so much time to spare so I went to get my nails done and hair. But I got distracted with the clothes, and the little shop they had of animals. Im a sucker for animals, no matter the looks.

But yes, time went flying by and now I was in a rush because I also misplaced my dress.

But its fine because I'm ready now. I checked myself in the mirror and smiled at the necklace Francisco gave me.

I heard Chris's heavy footsteps coming closer to my door so I opened the door and walked out while his hand was up in the air getting ready to knock. "Hey Chris, let's go, we're already late." I snorted quietly and held the door open for the guys. They shook their heads on their way out. I closed the door and pulled my coat even closer. It was really cold and here I was wearing a dress but to tell you the truth it was nice.

We all sat in the limo in silence. Not awkward, just a thinking kind of time, silence. After a while the guys started talking, they even included Ethan. And Ethan wasn't even included with us. But it didn't bother me. I was kept out of the mafia for two years. I was use to the being left out.

"Are you excited?" Ethan whispered in my ear.

I was anything but excited. I would have preferred a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows, popcorn in a big bowl and a horror movie. Or maybe even just being in the cells down in the secret basement. A "You know me already Ethan." Would have been my response but I wasn't in the mood for sarcastic remarks.

So I just gave him a fat juicy smile and a nod.

He looked at me like if I had blood running down my nose but that was impossible because I never in my life bled from my nose.

"I was expecting a sarcastic remark. But hm maybe you changed a lot. Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing though." Ethan pretended to be in thought.

"Its actually a bad thing." Chris had decided to pipe in. "She's not like she used to be anymore. Its disappointing." He said casually and gave me a short shook of his head.

"Yeah, that makes two of us." I shrug and looked out the window so I wouldn't have to look into the devils eyes.

Of course Ethan didn't know what we were talking about so I found it funny when he nodded in understanding.

"Sir, we have made it safely."

As soon as the driver spoke those frightful words, we all felt the air tense, except Ethan.

But we all were ready for this night. I think.

"Alright. Christian, Daniel, and Antonio you'll come with me inside and Lana you're going with Ethan right?"

"Yes." I responded. I wasn't going to show Chris that I was actually nervous and that my anxiety was kicking in, no. I was actually going to show him and whom ever else who doubted me that I had grown. And that these were just little baby roller coaster rides that were no match for me.

Before I had the chance to leave with Ethan for the five minute photoshoot of many paparazzi, Chris pulled me back and whispered bitterly the words that maybe I needed to hear once again.

"Behave yourself-"

"Yeah I know." But obviously I didn't if he decided to pull me back again.

"Yes I've told you that but also know this. He will definitely be here. Don't let him get to you. Show him what we're fucking made of and it's not fucking burritos or pasta." I nodded and walked away with a smirk intact.

I've never agreed more with him.

To be continued

~~~~~~

If I were y'all I would be mad and annoyed that I haven't updated. Which of course I understand so much.

I kind of had gotten writers block but because I had a person telling me to keep updating (Don't worry i know that person) and I also had another person write on my wall to update because it was getting interesting, did two things. I remembered about Wattpad again, and i was mad at myself for not writing more for you guys. Because of my imagination I actually still love writing but I've just been distracted with life. And maybe you use this book to get out of life. So I'll start writing more. Especially now that I'm on break.

But thank you guys if you're still here.

Also what you think of the book so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 55.3K 39
Arianna Rossi, was no stranger to violence. After all she was the daughter of the mighty Lorenzo Rossi, head of the Southern Italian Mafia. Her dad h...
1M 26.5K 43
[COMPLETED] BOOK TWO OF HIS MAFIA QUEEN. NOT TO BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE. DESCRIPTION CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK |Disclai...
163K 4.1K 55
**in which a criminal finds his interest in 17-year-old orphan and toxicity dances with innocence like waltz** "M-maybe if things were different" my...
2.1M 51K 38
''Sweetheart you'd do well to listen to me when I say you're mine. Do you understand?'' He said, his eyes flashing with anger. Well I was just as enr...