Dear Caleb [COMPLETED]

By Pretending_Smiles

She loved him And he loved her. It would've been a perfect little story if only she and her were the same per... More

00.
01.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
Bonus Chapter

02.

5.9K 323 108
By Pretending_Smiles

I took my lunch tray and walked to the back of the cafeteria to sit with Carrie and Jenna.

They are the only people that ever stayed through everything.

You walked into the cafeteria, your arm around your newest girlfriend, who so happened to be on the cheerleading team like your past three girlfriends.
Not counting me, of course.

She was looking at you like you were her entire world.

It hurt to remember that I used to look at you the same way too.

Maybe I still do.

Carrie started talking about how she was so excited to start college.
And through the conversation all I could feel was your eyes on me.

I turned to look at you and sure enough you were staring at me, sitting at the main table along with the other jocks and cheerleaders.

The bell rang.
I got up, mumbled a bye to Carrie and Jenna and left the cafeteria.

Carrie and Jenna knew I wasn't the same after that night. But they never pushed it. They understood.

And I was much grateful for that.

I walked to the girl's washroom and splashed cold water on my face.

I had to stop getting so affected by you.

I hadn't realised it but I was in the washroom for around five minutes which meant that the warning bell had rung.

I dashed out of the washroom, went to my locker, collected my books and started running towards the room for History class.

The corridors were empty. Everyone had already reached their classes.

Stupid you and stupid, stupid me for getting all flustered just because you were looking at me.

As I was running, I collided into someone.

The books from my hands spilt across the floor. I bent down to pick them up,
when my eyes met yours.

I didn't collide into just a 'someone'. That someone was you and it made all the difference.

You picked up my books and started walking towards class.

You noticed that I wasn't moving and turned around.

'I'm sorry.' You said, referring to bumping into me.

'It's okay.' I somehow managed to get out. And after a few more awkward moments I finally said, 'Can I have my books back ?'

You tucked them under your arm and said, 'We have History together...'

We sure do.

'... So walk with me. And as far as your books are concerned, I can hold them. After all I also held you so many times.'

My cheeks turned pink.
Oh, what you do to me.

I couldn't believe it. The same person who used to look at me and then pretend as if he didn't, was now acknowledging my presence. And more so, was reminiscing about the past to me.

The past we shared.

'You're blushing.' You teased.

'Shut up.' I grumbled.

Your eyes widened and you immediately began, 'I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable...I just...'

I laughed.
A proper laugh; which only you were capable of bringing onto my face.

You let out a relieved breath.

It almost felt like old times.

Almost being the only word that mattered here.

We could never be the old Caleb and April again.

Not after you just up and left.

But this moment gave me hope.

That maybe, just maybe, you were still the same Caleb I had fallen in love with and not the arrogant boy you had come to be.

We reached class.
And my hopes shattered.

Because there was like a sudden change.
You saw your girlfriend, handed me my books and went to sit next to her.

You then ignored me for the rest of History class and also in English, the only classes we shared.

Your actions never quit confusing me.

You are and always have been unpredictable and I hate that.

But in a way that's just you.

My you.

•••

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 2.4K 60
These are short stories about being the sixth member of the band. •COMPLETED
3.1K 126 35
" I alpha Leo reject you , Emilia as my mate ", He said , without any sympathy . I felt really hurt and heartbroken . I felt my wolf grow weaker . it...
24.1K 1.6K 55
"You want me gone that bad fine,I'll leave,its not like I enjoyed your company too" "Shut up human" "Dont you dare raise your voice at me dog" Ok tha...
331K 5.9K 27
You dont feel pretty . You just feel USED . She looked like the type of girl that was sick and tired of hearing SORRY . She just wants to be someones...