The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

By khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... More

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)
Chapter 24 (Balcony love)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 33 (Belong with you)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 39 (Cold)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)
Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)

3.7K 146 4
By khal2mukay

Their flight took off by midnight and both of them spent the better part of the journey wrapped up in each other's bodies with Zain occasionally drifting to sleep while Malik watches over her.

The next day,they touched down in Paris and Zain couldn't contain her happiness. Paris has always been the dream city for her and she's so glad that she gets to see it with her husband right by her side.

The duo finished with the airport and a taxi came to convey them to the hotel they'll be staying in as they were so worn out from the jetlag.

"I could do with some hot bath and massage right now" , Zain mumbled while they were in the elavator.

"I'd gladly help but i am in need of some massage too myself" , Malik imitated her tired tone with a lazy loopsided grin across his lips.

Zain only snorted with a jut of her lower lip,despite how worn out he was,his eyes trailed down to her lips out of reflex. He could watch her for he whole day and never get tired. Damn,he's so smitten by her and whipped if he might add.

When they got into their hotel room,a large suite which was relatively too big for both of them but Malik wasn't willing to spare any dime to make them both comfortable. The bed was a large king size bed with a wardrobe to stuff their belongings in and a dresser at the other end of the room opposite of the bathroom door. He dropped their bags and made a beeline to the bathroom.

"I'll run the water bath for us,seat your cute self right here while I'm at it." He planted a small kiss on her forehead as she lazily plopped down on the couch.

She nodded at him with a smile across her face and a mischievous glint to her eyes. He knew what that smile meant as he studied her intently with a smile of his own. So many things swam through his mind but that would be a discussion for another day.

The next morning after subh prayer,they woke up pretty late legs tangled and bodies nestled in each other's touch. Zain fluttered her eyes open to the sight of Malik in deep sleep with his lils slightly apart. He looked peaceful in his sleep and in an attempt to not wake him up being the light sleeper he is,she carefully untangled her body from his and tip toed to the bathroom to take a shower. She lightly brushed her lips on his forehead before she left.

An hour later,they were having breakfast outside the hotel in a small quiet restaurant with Zain enjoying the view of the streets from where she was seated.

After breakfast they got into a cab on a sight seeing mission. Zain had been blabbing excitedly and taking pictures non stop.

The expert tour guide met them and they walked in step behind him as he led them to Paris' most elegant and historic structures. Their first stop being the Eiffel tower. The couple were awed by how magnificent and gigantic the tower is. The tour briefed them on the history of the historical monument in a thick French accent.

"Give him the camera and ask him to take a photo of us" , Zain whispered to Malik with her signature puppy dog eyes. He couldn't say no to that cute face she made as he smiled with a light shake of his head. She knew exactly how to push his buttons and get through what she wants.

After a couple of pictures,it was already lunch time and they stopped at the second floor of the tower at the Restaurant le Jules Vernes for an exotic gourmet meal. They ordered and stuffed their stomachs until they were both full while they enjoyed the great view through the expansive windows of the diner.

They took some more photos,which were more of Zain striking different poses while Malik took pictures of her.

They spent the whole day visiting other notable tourist attractions in Paris like the Louvre museum,the home of France's kings where they spent hours watching the beautiful artistic antiquities and medieval masterpieces by world's famous notable artists including the famous Mona Lisa painted by Leonardo Da Vinci. The stopped at the Palais-Royal which was opposite of the museum and took enough pictures after hearing the historical background of the royal architectural masterpiece from the tour guide.

Other important historical architectural places the couple visites included the famous La Conciergerie,the infamous prison of the French revolution,King Napoleon tombstone,Bastille, place de vosges and the Moulin rouge which have been the subject of numerous movies the couple had watched.

The sun was setting already and adrenalin was pumping through Zain's system as a result of excitement and many activities. They made a final stop at the Place Vendome where Malik spoilt her rotten with more than enough shopping. She shopped for jewellries and clothes from the luxury stores that were located there. Zain got herself some cosmetic products and perfumes from chanel and Sephora stores. She got Malik a Rolex wristwach and pair of cufflinks she noticed the moment they stepped into the store. She didn't forget to shop for her family members, her in laws and her best friend too.

Malik on the other hand got his eyes on a beautiful Cartier bracelet. He thought of Zain the moment he saw it,so he bought it and had their initials carved on it. He made sure she didn't see it as he stuffed the package in the shopping bag as he wanted it to be a surprise.

They called it a day after enough shopping as it was already dark deciding continue with their shopping and sight seeing tomorrow since they have three more days to spend in Paris.

Back at their hotel room,they prayed Maghrib and Isha then ordered in for dinner. They ate dinner as they talked about their day and viewed the multiple photos they've taken and sent them to their families.

After a shower to clear up her tiredness,Zain came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel and drying herself with a hand towel.

She saw Malik rummaging through the items they bought with full concentration and she wondered for a moment what he was looking for.

He brought out the package he got at the jewellery store and motioned for her to seat next to him on the edge of the bed.

"Come,seat..." he said patting the spot next to him. She does as he said and watched as he opened the package.

Her mouth was left agape as she saw him bring out a beautiful set of gold earrings,he help her wear them on each earlobe with the necklace. He holds her wrist and wore the customised Cartier bracelet he got her.
The bracelet had their initials Z&M. She looked at the bracelet on her wrist in awe with their initials on it.

"I'm never taking this bracelet off",she threw her arms around him and jumped happily while he snaked his strong arms on her petite torso steadying her.

She broke free from the embrace and got up to get the things she bought him too.

"I've got something for you sweetheart " .

She pulled out the small box of cufflinks and the wristwatch handing them to him. She saw the happy glint in his eyes by the small gesture as he pulled her to his lap.

"Somebody is working hard to pamper me here" , he mumbled in her ear.

"Oh i plan to spoil you rotten husband ". Was her reply.

"I'm looking forward to that ",he said as he rained down small kisses on her.

***************************
After Paris,they took a flight Rome,Italy. Malik's favorite city. They enjoyed the rich cultural heritage of the city,the food most especially which included a wide variety of delicacies.

"Mhhmm this tastes good" Malik said as he finished his plate of pasta.

"No doubt" , Zain replied as she took a sip of her orange juice.

They did more of shopping too in Rome just like in Paris.

After Rome they visited Istanbul Turkey, Bali Indonesia,The Netherlands, Sydney in Australia, Auckland in New Zealand and finally they made a stop at Dubai where Malik would be attending a workshop for some days assigned from his office. Zain took the chance to explore the beautiful city while Malik was sunk in his work and series of meetings.

Soon the exciting honeymoon was over and they got back home with both of them resuming to their work places.
*********************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

546K 16K 81
"I'm taking another wife", Mehmal's heart broke when her husband announced. " I love you, Mehmal. Taking another wife doesn't mean I wouldn't love yo...
126K 11.9K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
27.6K 961 10
Rabiatul and Zayd : Married for 7 years, In love, runs a successful business, had a son, having a perfect life. Or so she thought. Being a stay-at-ho...
188K 14K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...